2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

4.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Yeah okay... I take back everything I said on the previous page about Bruno for Portugal. What the actual feck was that miss? It's something I'd see him do for us and not be surprised, given the his current form.

Not trying to make excuses for that miss, but I genuinely think he didn't expect Ronaldo to pass it there :lol:

What is going on with him
Just in case you hadn't noticed, pretty much aligns with what he does in the EPL. Great training regime. Our fearless leader in action! This guy has not scored that much since 20/21. As I have said numerous times, you can count on Bruno for maybe 7-8 goals. This guy peaked in 20/21. How that isn't noticed is somewhat surprising.

Interesting deep dive on why he’s a playing so badly so far this season.

A more plausible reason for this alarming decline could be related to a lack of options when on the ball. Interestingly, there is some statistical evidence to support this argument as a result of the tracking data that underpins the Second Spectrum numbers.

These reveal that of the 100 players to have attempted the most passes this season, Fernandes has had the fewest options available to him upon receiving possession - an average of just 1.54. That is down on last season and the fewest of any United player.

Compare that to, say, Manchester City's Ilkay Gundogan with 2.87 or even Fulham's Emile Smith Rowe with 2.73 and a picture starts to build of a player who feels that responsibility to make things happen for his team but lacks the opportunities to do so.

The fact is that Bruno Fernandes is not good enough today to be in the starting 11 for this team. You can make up any excuse you want, that does not remove the fact that his is now 30 yrs old, he peaked in 20/21 and after that it has been a slow decline in play. This year he will maybe score 6-8 goals and maybe as many assists. He has 2 yrs left where he can compete at the level but will never be the quality player he was in the past. With a value today at 64-65 million, which is what the transfer price was, in order to reclaim that amt he should be sold. His value will start to diminish sharply after this season. The fact that there is no replacement exposes the incompetence of management. In fact I do not believe there is a player on this team today fit to wear the armband. He can look decent on international duty surrounded by quality players, but he is what he is. Every player has a shelf life, some earlier than others, but Bruno has reached his.

The fact is that Bruno Fernandes is not good enough today to be in the starting 11 for this team. You can make up any excuse you want, that does not remove the fact that his is now 30 yrs old, he peaked in 20/21 and after that it has been a slow decline in play. This year he will maybe score 6-8 goals and maybe as many assists. He has 2 yrs left where he can compete at the level but will never be the quality player he was in the past. With a value today at 64-65 million, which is what the transfer price was, in order to reclaim that amt he should be sold. His value will start to diminish sharply after this season. The fact that there is no replacement exposes the incompetence of management. In fact I do not believe there is a player on this team today fit to wear the armband. He can look decent on international duty surrounded by quality players, but he is what he is. Every player has a shelf life, some earlier than others, but Bruno has reached his.
All valid points. He has become a huge problem for us and our play but given his status, I doubt he will be benched anytime soon

GZM9wkvWUAAla3k

Pogba is love, love is Pogba. Don't care what people say, I still have great memory of him at United.

I cant imagine any other estate agents in the country getting £300k a week

All valid points. He has become a huge problem for us and our play but given his status, I doubt he will be benched anytime soon
Unfortunately, rather than Ratcliffe perhaps Disney should have invested in the team. They are now run more akin to Mickey Mouse than Manchester United!

He has too many games on his legs and worst than be physically exhausted is been mentally exhausted. I believe FIFpro complained to the European Commission about that. We have too many competitions, in England 3 I believe then Europa league (or Champion League) and that's 4 for the club, then for the country and if is european we have Euro, World, Nation Leagues. I may left some out but can't remember of any.

He has too many games on his legs and worst than be physically exhausted is been mentally exhausted. I believe FIFpro complained to the European Commission about that. We have too many competitions, in England 3 I believe then Europa league (or Champion League) and that's 4 for the club, then for the country and if is european we have Euro, World, Nation Leagues. I may left some out but can't remember of any.

Hey if I have to make excuses for anyone I'm making it for Bruno. He's still my favorite player in the club and leaves it all out there every single game. He definitely needs a bit of rest and hopefully Mount being back means he'll get some.

He plays just as awful for Portugal as he does United. They will be a much better team when they figure out he is a fraud. Anytime Portugal plays any decent opposition, this guys goal contributions suddenly disappear. He wasted practically all 9 of Portugals corners, kept giving abymsal crosses all game

Can anyone even name one top class performance he has had in which he had 0 goals and 0 assists? When you think of genuine world class midfielders like Scholes and Modric, they can have zero goal contributions in the match and still be the best player on the pitch. That never happens with bruno, and if it has it is extremely rare. Why would any team with title aspirations want this guy to be their star midfielder when he cannot at the bare minimum perform the basic functions required to run a midfield?

There's so many poor things about his game as many on here have mentioned numerous times. Slow, unathletic, cannot dribble, poor decision making and positioning...the list goes on. And the worst part is, he is getting paid superstar money here despite no other teams showing any genuine interest in getting his services. United is a charity service for mid players, who get rewarded millions of pounds for purple patch 10 game spells

Last edited:
He plays just as awful for Portugal as he does United. They will be a much better team when they figure out he is a fraud. Anytime Portugal plays any decent opposition, this guys goal contributions suddenly disappear. He wasted practically all 9 of Portugals corners, kept giving abymsal crosses all game

Can anyone even name one top class performance he has had in which he had 0 goals and 0 assists? When you think of genuine world class midfielders like Scholes and Modric, they can have zero goal contributions in the match and still be the best player on the pitch. That never happens with bruno, and if it has it is extremely rare. Why would any team with title aspirations want this guy to be their star midfielder when he cannot at the bare minimum perform the basic functions required to run a midfield?

There's so many poor things about his game as many on here have mentioned numerous times. Slow, unathletic, cannot dribble, poor decision making and positioning...the list goes on. And the worst part is, he is getting paid superstar money here despite no other teams showing any genuine interest in getting his services. United is a charity service for mid players, who get rewarded millions of pounds for purple patch 10 game spells
Bruno is a good player but as many of us have maintained, he A) doesn’t justify this iconic status fans have given due to some key pass/ chance creation stats and B) is simply not suited to a top team. His entire game is built around being available, having lots of energy and creating at the expense of general play. When you need to play chaotic erratic football to create those chances then you’re a flawed footballer (despite being a good one) and you play a part in your team playing individualistic moments football.

And this whole poor Bruno who has to deal with this club narrative is off. He’s a top 4 challenger level / cup run player and that’s what we’ve been for the most part during his time here. He’s not like De Gea who was playing at a genuinely absurd level for a many seasons.

Interesting deep dive on why he’s a playing so badly so far this season.
That is indeed interesting. I wonder why he has the fewest options of any player; why would United players be making themselves less available for him than for, say, Mainoo? Perhaps they unfairly expect Bruno to pull off a spectacular pass and therefore wander into passing areas that have less likelihood of receiving a successful pass?

We need to give Bruno more rest, at least for his psychological benefit. And if Mount mans up to the job then Bruno can start when he's needed, which given Mount's injury record would likely be quite often.