2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

4.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
I like how this thread was bumped as if we've been beating teams right left and center with Bruno in the team.
We've been shit all season, yesterday was more of the same.

I like how this thread was bumped as if we've been beating teams right left and center with Bruno in the team.
We've been shit all season, yesterday was more of the same.

But yesterday was probably evidence that we're not shit because Bruno is in the team, but because we have an absolute clown in charge.

That should have already been obvious, but it's important to acknowledge it's not Bruno who is holding back ten Hags hidden genius tactics.

He had an excellent first half. What happened in the second half, though? Two very different players.

He was fecking shit. That open header and the shit passes after too. Creative my arse honestly, I'm getting tired of how petulant he is on the ball now.

On my knees praying that whatever manager we bring in next bins him off at the earliest opportunity

On my knees praying that whatever manager we bring in next bins him off at the earliest opportunity

The only reason I want ETH out. The few times he sees us play well without Bruno and then next match thinks yeah lets bring him back. How stupid is our manager.

Absolutely insane set of posts from the usual culprits.

He was class today and with a more consistent set of forwards he could easily have finished the first half on 3 assists.

Best player on the pitch for the first 75 minutes, until we changed strategy to playing more vertically, at which point you can’t really say any of our players shone.

He played great in the first half, was creating chances at will.

People complain about the giveaways but Ten Hags entire gameplan is based on that first time whip over the top. It really is that basic, and it is inevitably going to be low percentage.

He was class today and with a more consistent set of forwards he could easily have finished the first half on 3 assists.

Best player on the pitch for the first 75 minutes, until we changed strategy to playing more vertically, at which point you can’t really say any of our players shone.
I know you're an unusually huge fan of his, but you can be slightly honest. He had an excellent first half and a poor second half. 75 minutes of class.. not really.

He had an excellent first half. What happened in the second half, though? Two very different players.

We were offered ample time on the ball in the first half, and there were spaces everywhere for us to exploit. Except for the finishing, most of our players looked like they were having a fine afternoon. Under no pressure, it's easy to control the game. In the second half, WHU decided to show up. We were pushed a bit farther back, Hojlund was marked out of the game, and suddenly the spaces between the lines became wider. Bruno isn't the type of playmaker who'll help stitch the midfield and the attack together under these circumstances. He'll just keep flinging long balls in-behind, hoping that something will stick.

Last edited:

Then he'd still just have a very good first half. Not sure if I'd use the word brilliant for his 1st half but he was pretty decent, same as the rest of the team for that matter. 2nd half everyone dropped off - whether thats down to instructions, stamina or adjustments by Westham but it wasn't good. He makes so many weird decisions on the ball, certainly not the player who is "at fault" for today but given his status in the team, you'd hope that he would keep it a little cooler and influence the team.

His style costs us too much. On a good day, he can score and assist, but most of the time his decisions cost us possession and control. He is hurting us more and more. Shows us every week, that hr is no captain, no leader. He is just a great luxury player, who could give you a little extra on a good working team. But we are not even a team at the moment.

Mixed bag today, did some great things, and some not-so-great things. Please stop hoofing it upfield to no one when team is under pressure though. Pretty please. No really, stop fecking doing it ffs.

We rightly mock TAA for just constant spamming of balls out wide but this guy is on another level, worst captain we’ve ever had IMO and can’t wait to see him binned off for good.

Important player when we've got the ball to try and create chances, but he's absolutely horrendous when we're under pressure, and that's not really what you want from your captain and is also why he's not elite.

Seems the tactic during the second half was that Bruno was going to play like a quaterback and try over the top balls from deep
Yep and it didn't work.
Again, composed and tidy 1st half and the complete opposite in the 2nd.
Must surely be a ETH thing at this point. They seem to collectively rush things when they comeback out.

Really think - as often has happened sadly - the club has royally f*cked up extending his contract.

All of the reasons you keep Bruno are kind of gone. His goal involvements have dropped off a cliff. He can no longer shoot on target. He is, simply, not the goal threat he once was.

And the only reason, the ONLY reason you stick with such a player who is so detrimental in other areas is because his goal threat compensates for it. He is slow, weak, sloppy, ill-disciplined and lacks any control. Again, you put up with it when he creates 3 or 4 great chances a match, but when that dries up, he's hurting us more than he helps.

People were quick to big him up after our performance away to Fenerbahce; forgetting that we routinely play awful with him in the side. He's not the difference maker some think he is.

Some of his attempted long balls and shots were shocking. Like Sunday league level stuff.