2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

4.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Not only his short passing is bad, there was a moment in the first half where we were trying to keep hold of the ball but then he decided to play 30-40 yards cross field pass to Garnacho, who was near the touch line with two Aston Villa players near him so he couldn’t have done much even if the pass was inch perfect but of course he overhit it and ended up losing another needless possession.

The footballing IQ and technical consistency of our players are really on another level.
Was that the one that Garnacho had to use his head on? Back in the day when we had good players, that pass would have been at his feet so he could do something other than try to control the ball with his first 2 touches. That really stuck in my mind as to how far this team has slipped.

We haven't scored in 3 consecutive PL games, have a goal per game ratio of 0.7 and are the 2nd lowest goal scorers the league.

I'm sure it's not all Bruno's fault but he's been the one constant in this whole shambles. What possible harm could it do to try something different? Drop Bruno for 3 or 4 games and try Eriksen as a 10, Amad on the right, Rashford on the left (with Garnacho only coming on as sub) and Hojlund up front. See if we can create more chances from that set up.

Amad and Eriksen aren't interested in Hollywood passes, they'll always try to use the ball intelligently so I'm sure it would benefit Hojlund.

What has ten Hag got to lose, it can't be any worse than it currently is, surely?!!
Well here is some food for thought, you will never win a game when you don't score a goal! Eriksen was a really good player back in the Spurs days but he has lost a step since his incident, as you would expect. How fricken old is this midfield, Casimero, Fernandes, Ericksen, has to be the oldest potentially starting midfield in the EPL. Wonder why they move so slow?? We should have brought in Milner and made it a sweep. These guys will be playing tribute games before the seasons out! Don't worry though, it is all part of the process, right?

Last edited:
I just don’t think he’s any good and never has been, never got the hype with this guy and think he’s just a whiny little git, should have sold him in the summer

I think he’s a grafter but it was probably a mistake giving him the captaincy for anything other than the short term.

Are you so angry that you randomly capitalise words?

United only for me though. Always have been, always will be!
Mate I am Quite relaxed it was obviously tongue in Cheek .

Never doubted your Support for United but honestly I think Bruno's days here are numbered would most probably be sold in Summer if we failed to do that he still won't be more than the bit part player till the time he eventually leaves .

Last edited:
He's been stinking the place, I used to tolerate his antics because of his productivity, even defend him against his crtics, but now, he is unbearable to watch, he does not have football IQ and his main ability is to spot a run and send a hopeful ball, it works at times but it's not the best way to use the ball, he does not know when to slow it down or make to go quick, Eriksen on the other hand is far more intelligent on the ball and off it too, he just doesn't have the legs and stamina to start ahead of Bruno.

Think I might go mad if we bring in another manager who decides to “build around Bruno”
He's not exactly getting any younger, either. Even in isolation, it's silly to build a team around a 30 yr old whose stock has generally nowhere to go but down.

Even if you do find examples of players perfectly capable of performing at a high level late into his 30s, it's hardly ever the case the team's built around them.

Think I might go mad if we bring in another manager who decides to “build around Bruno”
Any manager who comes in and tries to build a team around the likes of Bruno and Rashford has failed before a ball has even been kicked. Was the same before we hired Ten Hag.

Was that the one that Garnacho had to use his head on? Back in the day when we had good players, that pass would have been at his feet so he could do something other than try to control the ball with his first 2 touches. That really stuck in my mind as to how far this team has slipped.
Indeed. My main problem is that the pass was pointless to say the least. There has been numerous occasions (not directly from this game) where he has plenty of space and time to pass on his right foot but somehow he decides to use his left foot for a long ball, and there are other times where he should have used his left foot but then decides to shoot or pass with outside on his right foot that hardly ever comes off. How are we ever going to develop and maintain control and tempo of the game with players doing whatever the feck they want without any consequences of getting dropped

Indeed. My main problem is that the pass was pointless to say the least. There has been numerous occasions (not directly from this game) where he has plenty of space and time to pass on his right foot but somehow he decides to use his left foot for a long ball, and there are other times where he should have used his left foot but then decides to shoot or pass with outside on his right foot that hardly ever comes off. How are we ever going to develop and maintain control and tempo of the game with players doing whatever the feck they want without any consequences of getting dropped
Totally agree man, the guy is horribly overrated. In his 1st season he was pretty good, in his second he was decent and now he is what he is. As I have mentioned he still holds roughly 65 mil in value, at 30, a smart team would have decided he is hitting his expiry date. SAF ran on 3 and 5 yr plans with a succession approach. He would sell a player once he felt he maxed out his value which Fernandes has done. Instead the succession plan is a bunch of other post 30 yr olds.

That pass stuck in my mind, seeing numerous times like passes were on the money in the past. ETH does not understand tempo or quick transition. He placed Dalot in the middle who has some decent speed and moved Eriksen out to the wing, who has avg speed at certain times. Makes no sense in my book. Numerous times in recent games Martinez should be hitting the wing where Dalot should be, bring Rashford or Garnacho a little further down and go, go, go! Nope. Ever wonder why we rarely out man opposition in their box? Slow tempo progressing down the field.

“I took responsibility for that moment, because especially against Tottenham I left my teammates with one less player chasing the result.

“But it’s not just about the national team, which is where I feel increasingly good and where I can enjoy my football due to the dynamics and quality that I have by my side.

“At the club, I have to improve as soon as I get there, the goals will come and I also have to take responsibility for that, because I have scored a high level of goals in recent years and I also have a ‘standard’ that I want to maintain, I hope to score as soon as I get there to help the club return to winning ways and to the best level.”
Comments from Bruno while with Portugal,

Just to preface, I am a huge Bruno fan, his name is on the back of the shirt I wear most often, but he hasn't been good enough for over a year now.

While I agree things aren't rosey at the club, I feel it's a little self serving to suggest the performances of his teammates have not been quality enough and that's been detrimental to his form when it's becoming increasingly clear Bruno's style, an in fairness quality in the last year, has been one of the biggest issues at United and more likely his form is affecting others verses the other way around.

And to me the last part is equally as worrying, and maybe the root of all issues, his only goal is to get back and score, but he is a creative outlet, yes he should be scoring himself, but he should be equally concerned about creating opportunities for his teammates, vs seeing his name on the scoresheet again. Every time Bruno gets the ball he thinks he has to score and the longer he goes without that working the more erratic he seems to get in trying to make it work.

Maybe Bruno isn't struggling with form, maybe he's struggling adapting to a possession based system. Maybe he won't turn it around, maybe he just isn't that type of player. I hope this isn't true because in the last few years I wanted nothing more than to see Bruno in a successful United team.

Great movement and assist for Portugal’s first
Oddly quiet in here after what seems to be yet another good/great match from him for Portugal, in his favourite position and what seems to be under a manager that knows how to utilise his players best attributes...

Oddly quiet in here after what seems to be yet another good/great match from him for Portugal, in his favourite position and what seems to be under a manager that knows how to utilise his players best attributes...

I didn't watch the Portugal game, but what's odd about the thread being a bit slow? People have said after every game that he's been shite, which he has been, and it's not the fault of his teammates nor his manager, he's just been shite.

He wasn't even that good tonight, Bernardo was much more influential in the midfield. But the main thing is who cares what he does with Portugal (even though he was mediocre in the Euros), all we should be interested in is how he performs with us.

Exhausting player to watch. Emblematic of the chaos surrounding Manchester United. Can't trap a ball, can't pass accurately. He overestimates his ability and struggles to do the simple things well. Highly emotional and cannot get his bearings together.

Manchester United must move away from relying on a singular player for creativity. Bruno is simply not good enough yet his replacement are not up to standards either. United are in a massive conundrum.
This comment pretty much sums it up.

Comments from Bruno while with Portugal,

Just to preface, I am a huge Bruno fan, his name is on the back of the shirt I wear most often, but he hasn't been good enough for over a year now.

While I agree things aren't rosey at the club, I feel it's a little self serving to suggest the performances of his teammates have not been quality enough and that's been detrimental to his form when it's becoming increasingly clear Bruno's style, an in fairness quality in the last year, has been one of the biggest issues at United and more likely his form is affecting others verses the other way around.

And to me the last part is equally as worrying, and maybe the root of all issues, his only goal is to get back and score, but he is a creative outlet, yes he should be scoring himself, but he should be equally concerned about creating opportunities for his teammates, vs seeing his name on the scoresheet again. Every time Bruno gets the ball he thinks he has to score and the longer he goes without that working the more erratic he seems to get in trying to make it work.

Maybe Bruno isn't struggling with form, maybe he's struggling adapting to a possession based system. Maybe he won't turn it around, maybe he just isn't that type of player. I hope this isn't true because in the last few years I wanted nothing more than to see Bruno in a successful United team.
It's not only self serving but the added layer is he's the captain. His mentality is just childish. I think Ronaldo made an era of footballers only obsess about stats and g/a and Bruno is one of his sons.

We need him to perform for Man Utd rather than basically meaningless Nations League games.

I saw the full game, and he wasn’t good. Yes he got an assist, but he messed up a lot of good situations with the same erratic passing we’ve been seeing at United. It just didn't matter much in the end because Portugal have so many other creative outlets.

I don’t want to bash Bruno so much because ultimately, he doesn’t get much support from the setup and tactics, even though I admit he’s flawed and I hope we move on from him eventually.

GZM9wkvWUAAla3k

Pogba is love, love is Pogba. Don't care what people say, I still have great memory of him at United.

https://www.football365.com/news/man-utd-bruno-fernandes-shock-sale-maxi-oyedele-legia-warsaw

Speaking after Legia beat Real Betis in the Europa Conference League, Feio said: “After the match with Gornik I said that we were dealing with a player who would sooner or later end up in the Polish national team.

“I didn’t know that he would be called up to the national team two days later. The quality on the ball, the personality, the character to keep the ball, the choices, when to lead, play with one touch, change the centre…

“It is no coincidence that Bruno Fernandes, when we spoke to him, said he was shocked that United were letting him go, because he looked great in pre-season with Manchester. The level at which he plays is also related to the number of duels won in the central zone. His physical maturity, motor skills and ability to use his body are at a high level. Although I know that the fans and probably you, journalists, like what he does with the ball the most, Maxi gives us a very big physical presence in the midfield.

“This is an element that is quite important in today’s football. Oyedele’s form is also largely due to the other players around him, who trust him and allow him to show himself from such a good side. It’s our duty to keep him developing like this. Polish football can have a lot of joy from him.”

I love Pogba too. Magical footballer that didn’t do himself justice in the game.
What he did constantly with France NT and at Juve were magical. And also in some occasions with United. One of the biggest "what if.." player at United. Wasted under Ole, and probably would be magical under ten Hag system.

We need him to perform for Man Utd rather than basically meaningless Nations League games.
Point was... there's still a good player there, despite what people here moan about. "But it's only nations league", Poland is as good as most mid-bottom PL teams imo and he has been shit against them as well. So maybe, just maybe, it's more down to a manager who doesn't know wtf to do with his players.

Point was... there's still a good player there, despite what people here moan about. "But it's only nations league", Poland is as good as most mid-bottom PL teams imo and he has been shit against them as well. So maybe, just maybe, it's more down to a manager who doesn't know wtf to do with his players.
It's down to the manager that Bruno mispasses or overhits it, and makes silly decisions? Sorry, I'm not buying that. He has almost complete freedom to do as he wants. Everything points to regression. Even if he can play great games, it still won't be consistent enough. If he can't get back to his 20/21 form (which he won't now) then he is not crucial to the team and can be replaced like most of our players.

It's down to the manager that Bruno mispasses or overhits it, and makes silly decisions? Sorry, I'm not buying that. He has almost complete freedom to do as he wants. Everything points to regression. Even if he can play great games, it still won't be consistent enough. If he can't get back to his 20/21 form (which he won't now) then he is not crucial to the team and can be replaced like most of our players.
It's down to the manager who consistently uses him in the wrong positions... I'm not excusing Bruno, he has been awful and has gotten on my nerves many times this season(and last). But there seems to be a connection to how bad he has been for us and how ETH sets up the team and where Bruno should play.

Becuase again, he plays better for Portugal. Almost every player we have play better as soon as they are away from ETHs team... at least it seems like it.

It's down to the manager who consistently uses him in the wrong positions... I'm not excusing Bruno, he has been awful and has gotten on my nerves many times this season(and last). But there seems to be a connection to how bad he has been for us and how ETH sets up the team and where Bruno should play.

Becuase again, he plays better for Portugal. Almost every player we have play better as soon as they are away from ETHs team... at least it seems like it.

Because Bernado is the main play maker

Or maybe, just maybe, it’s the fact that pointless international football friendlies are played at a pace and intensity about 1/15th of actual domestic football.

ten Hag is a terrible manager. However ,Bruno Fernandes’ inability to drop anything more than a 4/10 this season is entirely his own fault.

I didn't watch the Portugal game, but what's odd about the thread being a bit slow? People have said after every game that he's been shite, which he has been, and it's not the fault of his teammates nor his manager, he's just been shite.
Add to this that I, like many others, couldn’t give a flying feck how he performs for Portugal. If anything it makes it more of an insult that he’s quite so astonishingly poor for us…