2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

4.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Who would you have started instead of Bruno today?

Bruno did ok today, I'll give him that. He looked after the ball better and confined the flicks to the opponent's box where one of them created Hojlund's goal.

But every time Bruno or Rashford score a goal or make an assist, people come out of hibernation with the usual "and to think there are people out there who would drop them!' as if they're somehow indispensable to the team.

We've just gone the guts of 5 and a half hours without a league goal!

If Bruno regresses to his bad old habits of losing possession and trying stupid Hollywood passes and shots, and the team's scoring ratio suffers as a result, I would try a 3-man midfield with Eriksen or Mainoo as the "creative" midfielder (or Mount if he ever gets fit) and see how that works. Forget about having a number 10 for a while and just try get a functioning 3 man midfield with a focus on looking after the ball.

Bruno did ok today, I'll give him that. He looked after the ball better and confined the flicks to the opponent's box where one of them created Hojlund's goal.

But every time Bruno or Rashford score a goal or make an assist, people come out of hibernation with the usual "and to think there are people out there who would drop them!' as if they're somehow indispensable to the team.

We've just gone the guts of 5 and a half hours without a league goal!

If Bruno regresses to his bad old habits of losing possession and trying stupid Hollywood passes and shots, and the team's scoring ratio suffers as a result, I would try a 3-man midfield with Eriksen or Mainoo as the "creative" midfielder (or Mount if he ever gets fit) and see how that works. Forget about having a number 10 for a while and just try get a functioning 3 man midfield with a focus on looking after the ball.
We saw how bad we looked without Bruno in the Palace and Arsenal games at the end of last season. We barely created a chance in those 180 minutes. I'm not sure where this optimism that we'll be a more creative side without Bruno comes from.

We saw how bad we looked without Bruno in the Palace and Arsenal games at the end of last season. We barely created a chance in those 180 minutes. I'm not sure where this optimism that we'll be a more creative side without Bruno comes from.

Without Bruno in the team then yes we will lose a certain creative unpredictability but that doesn't mean we can't create more chances or function in a way that is more conducive to winning/controlling a football match. It's not black or white. The idea is that you bring on another player with other strengths like ball retention, dribbling penetration, turning on the ball, pressing, decision making, defensive ability etc, which you can find in Mount, Mainoo, Ugarte, Zirkzee or Amad.

I guess that counts as a good game from him now. Thought he was average apart from that nice assist. Easily the worst of the front four and I think Eriksen and Casemiro had better games than him too.

I guess that counts as a good game from him now. Thought he was average apart from that nice assist. Easily the worst of the front four and I think Eriksen and Casemiro had better games than him too.
Well its enough for Bruno Stans to show signs of life after laying low for a while .

Without Bruno in the team then yes we will lose a certain creative unpredictability but that doesn't mean we can't create more chances or function in a way that is more conducive to winning/controlling a football match. It's not black or white. The idea is that you bring on another player with other strengths like ball retention, dribbling penetration, turning on the ball, pressing, decision making, defensive ability etc, which you can find in Mount, Mainoo, Ugarte, Zirkzee or Amad.
A lot of people on here seem to think that if we sold Bruno and replaced him with someone who was more neat and tidy on the ball, then we would become a more a successful team and would have more control in games. However it is far more likely that we would lose all the positive things that he contributes to the team and we'd still lack control.

We lack control because we play this fraud in every game. Once in a while when he decides to not play like a toddler we have some control. All the positives things he's done in the league this season amount to two assists and a bunch of terrible performances and results. Of course people think we can and will do better when we replace this guy. We will score more goals and play better football once we are rid of this footballing black hole.

Brilliant player but at times also very frustrating. Case in point against Brentford today in the dying stages of the game. Gets the ball just about mid pitch and for God knows what reason he hoofs a hollywood pass up field straight to one of their center backs with no one of our players anywhere near the that ridiculous pass which nearly resulted in Brentford equalizing mere seconds later.

When you're nearing the 90 minute mark of a match and leading by a goal, the last fecking thing you want to do is give the ball straight back to the opposition, especially when you've got it in your own half of the pitch.

That moment of sheer utter fecking madness still has me seething because we could have thrown away 2 points.

If only he was suspended today, ey?
I am told we will be much better when we get rid of him and Rashford...
Well done boys. Fuel the spiral. We wouldn't want to miss out to some of you complaining about negativity after the next not-so-good-game.
A lot of people on here seem to think that if we sold Bruno and replaced him with someone who was more neat and tidy on the ball, then we would become a more a successful team and would have more control in games. However it is far more likely that we would lose all the positive things that he contributes to the team and we'd still lack control.
Maybe one day, I'll have a look through your post history to see how often you made this exact post already. I salute that commitment.

Well done boys. Fuel the spiral. We wouldn't want to miss out to some of you complaining about negativity after the next not-so-good-game.

Maybe one day, I'll have a look through your post history to see how often you made this exact post already. I salute that commitment.
The irony of pointing out the repetition in someone's post history whilst in the same post whinging for the 100th time about how people are 'fuelling the spiral' after a good Bruno performance.

Put in a solid shift, largely free on unforced errors or pointless risks. There’s more he can deliver, but yesterday’s performance was an important step in the right direction.

If certain other players made an assist like this we'd never hear the end of it.

Its fascinating how we almost take this level of creativity forgranted: A backheel off a pass fired into his feet, first time into the path of the striker, beating the offside trap and cutting open the Brentford backline.

This isn't something that happens week in week out across world football. Yet when Bruno does it its almost treated as routine. As if this is what he should be doing and we could find a thousand players to do it if he wasn't in the way.

Maybe one of those who will only be truly appreciated after he's gone from United.

One may call it a silent domination of an assist.

The irony of pointing out the repetition in someone's post history whilst in the same post whinging for the 100th time about how people are 'fuelling the spiral' after a good Bruno performance.
I adressed two posters - lets not act as if that thing went into "a general direction". You and the other poster are always up to complain about negativity after a performance that you consider as "sub par but no reason to be overly critical" yet here you are, using a "mostly on par performance" to belittle takes from the past. If you want to consider my posts whinging, thats fine - but realize that it isn't any different than what you are doing.

I adressed two posters - lets not act as if that thing went into "a general direction". You and the other poster are always up to complain about negativity after a performance that you consider as "sub par but no reason to be overly critical" yet here you are, using a "mostly on par performance" to belittle takes from the past. If you want to consider my posts whinging, thats fine - but realize that it isn't any different than what you are doing.
Who'd have thought pointing out that it was beneficial a United player wasn't suspended for a game would irritate other United fans. Such is the bin fire that is this thread.

Who'd have thought pointing out that it was beneficial a United player wasn't suspended for a game would irritate other United fans. Such is the bin fire that is this thread.
:lol: yeah, you poor misunderstood baby. Only pointing stuff out. Really a bin fire with all the questionable people around here.

:lol: yeah, you poor misunderstood baby. Only pointing stuff out. Really a bin fire with all the questionable people around here.
If by 'questionable people' you're referring to United fans who relentlessly criticise Bruno on the regular and, after every unquestionably good game, tell others to 'calm down and avoid overreacting', then yes.

If by 'questionable people' you're referring to United fans who relentlessly criticise Bruno on the regular and, after every unquestionably good game, tell others to 'calm down and avoid overreacting', then yes.
Maybe you should try a perspective change - instead of seeing it as relentlessly criticising, try seeing it as relentlessly pointing out? :lol:

It comes from an ignorant, soulless cohort of entitled ‘fans’ on social media. Bruno is a passionate, imaginative and wonderfully gifted footballer. He is a treasure and human, and imperfect. And full of beautiful surprises like the flick that won the match in Saturday. Go on, Bruno. The real people love you.

It comes from an ignorant, soulless cohort of entitled ‘fans’ on social media. Bruno is a passionate, imaginative and wonderfully gifted footballer. He is a treasure and human, and imperfect. And full of beautiful surprises like the flick that won the match in Saturday. Go on, Bruno. The real people love you.
He’s also full of misplaced passes and wrong decisions which make it difficult to control a game. In the past, his creativity out weighed the lack of control, for the last 12-18mths his lack of control has outweighed his creativity.

He does both, but inevitably one is more prominent at any a given time. In my opinion his lack of control has cost the team more than his creativity has given lately.

It's a double edged sword with him. He's our most creative player but also our most wasteful player that suffers big lapses in concentration at times that could cost us dearly.

Close to the end of the match he did this stupid hoof pass up field from close the halfway line to absolutely no United player and straight to their CB from which we almost conceded an equalizer mere seconds later. A cool, experienced head would prioritize retaining possession and cycling it around the CB's to eat up some time.

There's absolutely no need for Hollywood theatrics winning 2-1 in the dying embers of a match but these kinds of lapses in concentration is what you unfortunately get with Bruno. That ridiculous hoofed pass still gets my blood boiling.

Thats certainly how real people talk about footballers they have never met ^^ well done. If RAWK has an equivalent to the thread we have about them, this might make it there.

Was alright. Less Hollywood balls and moaning like a 4 year old.

Some consistency now please. Do think we can look like a decent side if he keeps it simple.

Today actually proves United is getting taken to the cleaners paying this guy 300k a week. I noticed no difference today in his absence, so why is the club even paying this guy "star" wages.

This goes for Rashford as well. 600k on these two players, yet they do not elevate the teams performances whatsoever. Its time to move on from this coach and these two frauds to start an actual rebuild

For years now we've been playing a style of football that is highly reliant on Bruno's hero ball antics. We're not necessarily going to be able to replace him and instantly play better football because switching to a different brand of football is a process. Old habits die hard

A player's ability to recognise patterns is a huge part of the game. In the best teams, you see a lot more intricate, cohesive patterns of play that result in their team creating chances as a team. Moments that you'd look at and think that it must've come from the training ground. Their players' pattern recognition capabilities are focused on those well-coached team drills

The problem is, we're not a well-coached team. We play a style of football that is highly reliant on Bruno and we have an entire team of footballers whose pattern recognition is aligned to what Bruno does. He gets a lot of "chances created" because he spams attacking passes and our past few managers have been completely fine with that

People say that we struggle to create chances as a team which they argue makes Bruno invaluable to us. Bruno clearly loves being the focal point of the team and his natural instincts are always going to result in him looking up and seeing if there's a ball on, and often playing it even if it's a highly unlikely that it would be a successful pass. He's played like that throughout his entire career, so my argument has always been that the reason we struggle to create chances as a team is because our managers are too scared to branch away from the tried and tested Bruno-ball and towards the trepidatious but potentially much more fruitful approach of implementing intricate football. Bruno-ball isn't successful enough for where we want our club to be, but it's just about successful enough for some out-of-their-depth managers to hold onto their jobs for far too long

Scholes called Bruno out last season for his play style not resulting in a consistent pattern that his teammates can adapt to:

“He possibly is trying to almost be a Roy of the Rovers character, he’s trying to be everywhere, he’s trying to help everywhere but sometimes on a football pitch you can run too much. You can do too much, you can be in too many areas of the field. I think it’s messing the whole team structure up.

“I can imagine playing with him in central midfield and I wouldn’t know where he was – where is he? Where is he? You would have to be telling him all the time ‘look, stay there, stay in the position’, It’s no good you being on the left hand side or the right hand side or going to get the ball off the centre halves, there his no pattern to your play and you don’t know where your players are.”

“You see Newcastle, every one of those players know where each other is. Is that coaching? I don’t know. Is it discipline from them, ill-discipline from Manchester United? When you know where people are, you wouldn’t understand how much of a difference that makes to your football team.

The only reason I'd be happy with Bruno continuing to be the focal point of the team is if we were racking up the major trophies, but we're not. I'd personally rather us finish 10th building towards playing a style of football that the top teams play than having Bruno leading us to 5th. We're potentially stifling some top talents with this self-defeating brand of football

So no, I don't think the answer to our problems are going to be solved the second Bruno is removed from the team, particularly when the replacement is some right back we just signed. We're going to actually have to try teaching the team how to play football that isn't reliant on Bruno spamming balls. The sooner we start doing that the better

Last edited:
Reactions: Cheimoon
As opposed to all the other experiments we could've utilised in Bruno's absence.

We could have played with Amad in that spot to begin working him into the team. or we could have played with Eriksen with Case and Ugarte behind him. Instead Ten hag decided to do his usual weird out of left field stuff.
Bruno was very very good against Brentford and I hope thats the Bruno we see for the rest of the season.

We could have played with Amad in that spot to begin working him into the team. or we could have played with Eriksen with Case and Ugarte behind him. Instead Ten hag decided to do his usual weird out of left field stuff.
Bruno was very very good against Brentford and I hope thats the Bruno we see for the rest of the season.
Very very good is a stretch no ?

Very very good is a stretch no ?

No I genuinly think he was that good in that game. He has been awful this season but in that game he was very good in my opinion. Then again he has looked his best under Ten Hag when having Eriksen and a good Case in the team.

He'll walk back in like Thanos "You couldn't live with your own failure. Where did that bring you, back to me" and never be dropped again because EtH seems to think no one else in the squad can play his role. I know he played Maz there to make sure he has that excuse. It sounds strange but EtH is crazy enough to do that. If Amad or Zirk had played there and had a great game then he'd have to really think about it but he made sure that wasn't an option.

He'll walk back in like Thanos "You couldn't live with your own failure. Where did that bring you, back to me" and never be dropped again because EtH seems to think no one else in the squad can play his role. I know he played Maz there to make sure he has that excuse. It sounds strange but EtH is crazy enough to do that. If Amad or Zirk had played there and had a great game then he'd have to really think about it but he made sure that wasn't an option.

Thats a bit of to much tinfoil hat. I dont think Ten hag playing Maz there has anything to do with Bruno, and everything with the fact that he cant stand Amad because of his playstyle.

Thats a bit of to much tinfoil hat. I dont think Ten hag playing Maz there has anything to do with Bruno, and everything with the fact that he cant stand Amad because of his playstyle.
Bro, I'm not usually Mr Conspiracy Theory but with EtH you can't discount the crazy.