2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

4.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
No way you are saying Keane wasn't a great captain. He was and still is the epitome of what a captain should be. There was poll on the greatest captains in EPL history and other teams fans even voted him first.

Anytime anyone questions his captaincy I point to two games, Arsenal away at Highbury the 4-2 win and Juventus away in 1999. Two games where you knew we just couldn't lose because Keane was on the pitch to drive us forward.
Anyone who questions his captaincy…should immediately be muted.

A man child, low football IQ and petulant behaviour akin to that of a spoilt child.

Bonkers you got reported for that:lol:

I made a thread that we would never win the league with Bruno Fernandes in the team. The thread was locked, however, it was perfectly fine to have similar threads on other players like Pogba, De Gea, Lukaku etc. It’s just that Bruno was off limits it seems.

No way you are saying Keane wasn't a great captain. He was and still is the epitome of what a captain should be. There was poll on the greatest captains in EPL history and other teams fans even voted him first.

Anytime anyone questions his captaincy I point to two games, Arsenal away at Highbury the 4-2 win and Juventus away in 1999. Two games where you knew we just couldn't lose because Keane was on the pitch to drive us forward.
Totally agree on the '99 game. SAF thought he was the best choice and really who could question it?

Please let's try and sell him to Bayern or Barca or PSG or anyone.

Who is going to explain to ETH that Bruno can’t be the 1st person on his team sheet for 3 games ?

He's going to try and milk his contract here to the very end. He's hit the lottery for such an average loser of a player.
That's a bit harsh - any player would "milk" a contract they were offered. Also, he's not a loser of a player. He is however an absolute luxury player who plays with no discipline at all, regularly gives the ball away and by his very inclusion in our squad, given his style of play, handicaps us more often than not.

That's a bit harsh - any player would "milk" a contract they were offered. Also, he's not a loser of a player. He is however an absolute luxury player who plays with no discipline at all, regularly gives the ball away and by his very inclusion in our squad, given his style of play, handicaps us more often than not.
We just took a big financial loss with Sancho and we should do similar to get rid of this guy.

Loser, fraud, poison, handicap, bum, luxury player etc Whatever people want to call him , I'm fine with. I just want him gone asap and it's sad that it's taken literally three crap seasons for people to finally see what a chancer this guy is. Never a captain or a leader. Horrible mentality and extremely overrated footballer.

I can't remember the last time I went from liking a player in our team to disliking them in such a small time frame. Probably Di Maria, and Tevez before that. I used to think his strengths outweighed his deficiencies, but at this point it seriously looks like self-sabotage. I know he isn't, but it really looks like it, and it seems he doesn't give a single feck about his team mates or what is the best option in the game that benefits the team as long as he can play the way he wants, and it is absolutely infuriating. Not only does he try these things too often, now he fails them at an absurdly high amount. Sometimes it paid off, now it almost never does and he regularly gifts opponents chances.

That interview he gave post match was utterly embarrassing - he does a lot of talking off the pitch and does nothing on it. It’s saddening that I’m actually delighted he’ll miss the next 3 matches.

@Lash I refer to our recent exchange regarding Bruno and James Maddison. They came up against each other yesterday and the contrast could not have been clearer in their ability on the ball, and relationship with their teammates around them. And, as you sort of pointed out, this is only James Maddison we are talking about, someone you thought I was ‘seriously overrating’.

Bruno MUST go for this team to have any chance of progressing. It would be 5 years too late, he should have never been signed and has been a huge mistake, but fortunately one that we can probably rectify without much financial loss. The first step was getting rid of Scott McTominay. The next will be Bruno. After that, we won’t be better, but what we will have is an incredible opportunity to rebuild the house with different type of bricks. This nonsense ‘United Way’, just ‘get it forward as fast as possible’ philosophy needs to die.

I reckon we'll look a better team with him out of the side for these three matches - better balance in the midfield. It will make for an interesting reintegration after.

I reckon we'll look a better team with him out of the side for these three matches - better balance in the midfield. It will make for an interesting reintegration after.

We will probably just swap him out with Mount, although I’d prefer us to go Mainoo, Eriksen and Ugarte/Casemiro. Unfortunately, Ugarte and Casemiro both look terrible at the moment but at least we have to hope that Ugarte will improve.

The borderline conspiracy theories in here... There is nothing about Bruno's performances that suggests that he doesn't care anymore. His fitness, workrate and defensive output is still the same as before.

His precision has just been very bad. It's really that simple. It doesn't run deeper than that.

@Lash I refer to our recent exchange regarding Bruno and James Maddison. They came up against each other yesterday and the contrast could not have been clearer in their ability on the ball, and relationship with their teammates around them. And, as you sort of pointed out, this is only James Maddison we are talking about, someone you thought I was ‘seriously overrating’.

Bruno MUST go for this team to have any chance of progressing. It would be 5 years too late, he should have never been signed and has been a huge mistake, but fortunately one that we can probably rectify without much financial loss. The first step was getting rid of Scott McTominay. The next will be Bruno. After that, we won’t be better, but what we will have is an incredible opportunity to rebuild the house with different type of bricks. This nonsense ‘United Way’, just ‘get it forward as fast as possible’ philosophy needs to die.
It's a fair cop and a point well made at the time.

I think our problems run far deeper than Bruno watching yesterday though. I think you have to get rid one of Rashford and Garnacho from the team too. Both of them in the same side are not conducive to the style you're advocating. Zirkzee I think could be a ready made replacement"creator", but he is well off the pace right now and I think a midfield with Mainoo and Ugarte will eventually yield better results, but we need way more options in there. The only way we attack is big switches of play or quick transitions against high line playing teams. Changing Bruno doesn't really change much, because that's the way Garnacho, Rashford and Hojlund seem to perform.

Also watching what Mount and Eriksen do what they did when they came on was just as depressing. I don't think they actually had any more positive impact to us than Bruno, which is astounding.

The borderline conspiracy theories in here... There is nothing about Bruno's performances that suggests that he doesn't care anymore. His fitness, workrate and defensive output is still the same as before.

His precision has just been very bad. It's really that simple. It doesn't run deeper than that.
Not every criticism or thought that doesn't align with yours is a conspiracy theory.

Do you even have sources to what you just claimed, or is it something you pulled out of nowhere because you think they are true? I wasn't talking about his work rate, anyway. Any football player can run around the pitch and not really care.

Not every criticism or thought that doesn't align with yours is a conspiracy theory.

There have been plenty of posts saying that Bruno's form is a natural result of the contract extension. Would this not suggest that Bruno is resting on his laurels now?

Bruno still presses, tracks back and is heavily involved in the game. He also has more tackles and interceptions than his AM peers. Nothing has changed in this sense. But he is largely failing at his main job, which is to create. I don't see how precision has anything to do with effort though. Not unless he's missing offensive passes and shots on purpose.

The decision to extend Bruno Fernandes is every bit as bad as the decision to sign Casemiro for €70m and is going to kill us every single year that contract is active.

I don't understand the smirky comments on "contract renewal". He was poor most of last season, he is poor now, it has nothing to do with putting a shift in. I think he might be a person running on emotions, he maybe wants to prove himself so much that he loses his head and just plays badly (same effect was a result of giving him the captain armband).

The decision to extend Bruno Fernandes is every bit as bad as the decision to sign Casemiro for €70m and is going to kill us every single year that contract is active.
Add Anthony & Shaw till 2027 and Rashford & Mount till 2028 as the other albatrosses around our necks besides those two.

Add Anthony & Shaw till 2027 and Rashford & Mount till 2028 as the other albatrosses around our necks besides those two.
True. Just far too many horrendous conrtracts to deal with. Rapidly need to cut losses and move on. If it requires blowing everything up and starting from scratch i'm all for it. Not much to blow up anyways given that we are dogshit even with these huge contracts. We probably get better if we cut all these players loose via addition by subtraction.

Yup. His end product has been terrible so far this season. Always been prone to being wasteful but much worse than usual so far. Two or three terrible passes is ok if the third or fourth unlocks the opposition defence but when those high quality passes dry up he becomes a huge burden on the team.

Weirdly, he did actually play a few decent passes against Spurs before making that stupid challenge. So it’s not impossible that it was the first glimpse of him finally finding some form. We’ll never know now though.

So much overreaction here. Been our best player ever since he got here, saved us countless times, most chances created etc.

Yeah he's been absolutely rubbish lately but that's football for you, sometimes form dips. He needs to be dropped, but we have a manager who can't think differently.

As for everything said about his discipline on the pitch, it's clear that that's how ETH wants to use him, it's an instruction from the manager. He can be disciplined when asked to. I'm 100% sure whoever comes in next will still have Bruno as the 1st name on the team sheet.

Weirdly, he did actually play a few decent passes against Spurs before making that stupid challenge.

I noticed that too, but I didn't dare to mention it because... Well, you know what this thread is like :lol:

I think it's just a dip in form personally, but this could also turn into another Ole/Rangnick season. In which case Bruno won't bounce back. But neither will the rest of the team, so it's pointless to put all the blame on him. I can think of 3 players who can be happy with their season so far; Onana, Mazraoui and Amad (to some extent). That's worrying to say the least.

I noticed that too, but I didn't dare to mention it because... Well, you know what this thread is like :lol:

I think it's just a dip in form personally, but this could also turn into another Ole/Rangnick season. In which case Bruno won't really bounce back. But neither will the rest of the team, so it's pointless to put all the blame on Bruno. I can think of 3 players who can be happy with their season so far; Onana, Mazraoui and Amad (to some extent). That's worrying to say the least.

The latter two have gone badly off the boil an all. It’s an all inclusive shit show at the moment.

So much overreaction here. Been our best player ever since he got here, saved us countless times, most chances created etc.

Yeah he's been absolutely rubbish lately but that's football for you, sometimes form dips. He needs to be dropped, but we have a manager who can't think differently.

As for everything said about his discipline on the pitch, it's clear that that's how ETH wants to use him, it's an instruction from the manager. He can be disciplined when asked to. I'm 100% sure whoever comes in next will still have Bruno as the 1st name on the team sheet.
"He's been our best player" - yes, he was world class in 2020 2021, but he's been far too inconsistent since then, last year he was awful until March, the year before he did mostly well, but the one before that he was absolutely shocking. He's now 30 years old, on 300k a week and is our captain and clearly problematic for our midfield to be functional.

We should have sold him this summer, this will go down as one of the biggest mistakes made by Ineos

I think it's just a dip in form personally, but this could also turn into another Ole/Rangnick season. In which case Bruno won't bounce back. But neither will the rest of the team, so it's pointless to put all the blame on him. I can think of 3 players who can be happy with their season so far; Onana, Mazraoui and Amad (to some extent). That's worrying to say the least.
Yes but Bruno is our captain and is on 300k a week, is he performing like a Salah or Haaland or Palmer to be on those sort of wages? No

We're paying 1 million a week for Bruno Rashy and Casemiro, that's how terrible we are. BUT HEY BRUNO DID A FEW GOOD PASSES BEFORE GETTING SENT OFF, DEFINITELY WORTH IT :lol:

Average Sporting goal difference in the 2 full seasons before they signed Bruno: 45

Average Sporting goal difference in the 2 full seasons with Bruno in the team: 39

Average Sporting goal difference in the 2 full seasons after selling Bruno: 47.5

--

Average United goal difference in the 4 full seasons before we signed Bruno: 22.5

Average United goal difference in the 4 full seasons with Bruno in the team: 14.5

--

Our goal difference this season is currently -3 and I'll bet good money that the same pattern that occured at Sporting - their average goal difference shooting back up - will happen at United once he's finally gone

I don't know why it's such a difficult concept for some people to grasp that highly productive players can make the team worse. It's not an individual sport, it's a team sport. Using his goal contributions stats to back him up is asinine. We all know he's highly productive. Ruud was far more productive than Saha but it was obvious whenever the latter played in 05/06 that we looked a much better team

Bruno has clear weaknesses in his game that I'm not going to bother repeating because we've heard countless people recount them at this point including our greatest midfielder ever, Paul Scholes, talking about how he wouldn't enjoy playing alongside him. Bruno has apparently carried us for multiple seasons yet he's not once won a Players' Player of the Year award. Don't his ardent fans think that's incredibly odd?

Yes but Bruno is our captain and is on 300k a week, is he performing like a Salah or Haaland or Palmer to be on those sort of wages? No

I'm tired of the contract discussion so I will make it brief:

1. Bruno deserves to be the top earner
2. There is no reason for why the top earner at United should earn less than 300k
3. It makes sense to at least occasionally reward players for good performances (big picture, not short term)

Bruno getting a one year extension and a 50k salary boost is not a problem in the grand scheme. If anything he has earned it.

But Rashford, Sancho, Varane and Casemiro being on more than 300k and Mount being on 260k is clearly a problem.

I'm tired of the contract discussion so I will make it brief:

1. Bruno deserves to be the top earner
2. There is no reason for why the top earner at United should earn less than 300k
3. It makes sense to at least occasionally reward players for good performances (big picture, not short term)

Bruno getting a one year extension and a 50k salary boost is not a problem in the grand scheme. If anything he has earned it.

But Rashford, Sancho, Varane and Casemiro being on more than 300k and Mount being on 260k is clearly a problem.
The fact that you think Bruno deserves to be one of the best earner in the league says it all. You're a fanboy of the player, and are too biased to even see how ridiculous that assertion is.

The fact that you think Bruno deserves to be one of the best earner in the league says it all.

That's not how it works nor is that what I meant.

Manchester United is one of the richest clubs on the planet and we are desperate to reach the top again. We must use our financial muscles. It has nothing to do with Bruno. The best United player (over a long period) should be earning around 300k. That is perfectly reasonable.

We can't be a terribly run club with poor results and prospects and not pay our players a litte bit more than our rivals. And the top earners at our rivals earn between 250k to 400k. The issue is that we have overdone it.

There was a moment after we were 0-1 down. We had the ball like for 5 seconds near their box. Spurs backed off with defensive formation in and around the box. United players were in their position. And then someone passed the ball to Bruno who was at far left. Moment he received the ball I started screaming NOOOOO Bruno NO keep the ball, have patience please god please. And he did exactly what I was afraid of. He under absolutely no pressure, took the position and loft the cross in the box. Hail Mary, hope someone connects. As usual it was the opposition player. Possession lost, we were under attack. FFS, this player has become unbelievable.

I like Bruno, he has been amazing at times. But i think we need to move on from him at this point. He is getting worse each year.
Amazing? The only time he was amazing was his first 18 months at the club. After that he has been shit. And he turn to shit even when Ole was here. The only thing he does now is point every single time at some bloody thing and he moans continuously. Sancho was right in calling out his moaning.

Last edited: