2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

4.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Funnily enough, United looked best this season when Bruno didn’t start against Barnsley
Feck me, is it really me now who feels the need to rectify stuff?! We looked best against Barnsley, no question, but the conclusion that thats down to Brunos exclusion is a little odd - given that Barnsley plays two divisions below us. Don't you think, that also helped?

He should be an impact player. A player to bring on when you need something to happen. He is not a captain or a leader. He moaning and behaviour on the pitch is a disgrace.
I still think he got qualities that we lack, but to give him 90 minutes every week in a free position, both literally on the field but also in that he is allowed to act and perform as he please is a big managerial mistake.

A good captain who is having a bad day substitutes himself out.

Sometimes I even feel for him, he seems so out of his comfort zone. Trying to be everything at once, forgetting to be a fotballer.

When he is good... he is so good, but when he is bad... he is so bad.

Clearly, it is not working for him now and he should be dropped. I would like to see him under a different set-up, but I can't think about any formation that gets the best of our key players.

If he's getting a 3 match ban, I'd send him on holiday and get a rest.

Somethings clearly up. He's been horrendous this season, and you can see it in his face.

Not great circumstances, but take advantage of the situation.

Finally we will get to see how we can play without him.

I think what pisses most off about him is how badly he can play but still gets selected.

He should be an impact player. A player to bring on when you need something to happen. He is not a captain or a leader. He moaning and behaviour on the pitch is a disgrace.
I still think he got qualities that we lack, but to give him 90 minutes every week in a free position, both literally on the field but also in that he is allowed to act and perform as he please is a big managerial mistake.

A good captain who is having a bad day substitutes himself out.

Sometimes I even feel for him, he seems so out of his comfort zone. Trying to be everything at once, forgetting to be a fotballer.

I agree with this, the captaincy doesn't suit him at all. He needs to be rotated more and can work great coming from the bench as you say. He was playing all over the pitch today and ineffective in all positions. I wouldn't even say he was a false 9, just someone who likes to go roaming everywhere.

Although I can't really see who else should take the captaincy. Too soon for De Ligt?

If he's getting a 3 match ban, I'd send him on holiday and get a rest.

Somethings clearly up. He's been horrendous this season, and you can see it in his face.

Not great circumstances, but take advantage of the situation.
His wages went up. Thats about it - not like he didn't have such games before - but often enough he comes out with an assist or a goal which helps some of his fans to overlook other aspects of his game.

I agree with this, the captaincy doesn't suit him at all. He needs to be rotated more and can work great coming from the bench as you say. He was playing all over the pitch today and ineffective in all positions. I wouldn't even say he was a false 9, just someone who likes to go roaming everywhere.

Although I can't really see who else should take the captaincy. Too soon for De Ligt?
No idea really. If a new manager is on his way, maybe he should pick one. Otherwise a player vote maybe.

Bigging up his international performances will never not be weird to me. It's a completely different type of football than club level. Bruno struggles against a press and it's difficult to implement successful pressing tactics at international level because international managers don't really get enough time with their players. I can absolutely believe that he's been good in qualifiers, Nations League matches and friendlies, but I saw him for myself at the Euros a couple of months ago and he was abysmal

I think the red was soft and could just as easily have been a yellow.

But at the same time, the speed with which the ref gave it is indicative of the perception of Bruno as a nasty, whinging git among officials.

He’s too often petulant and he spends far too much time bitching and moaning at opponents, officials and even teammates.

Yes on this occasion he might feel hard done by, but I’d hope the club doesn’t appeal it as this feels like a well overdue and much needed lesson.

He’s a very talented footballer who is suffering from being pandered to by a coach who isn’t getting the best from him, and struggling in a captaincy role to which he is totally unsuited.

If he’d a better coach and some proper leadership around him, he’d be getting a stiff bollocling everytime he gave possession away cheaply and hed be twice the footballer for it. Yes creative players will lose possession while trying special things, but he is giving it away when making 5 yard passes under no pressure.

He has no respect for the ball because nobody is holding him accountable for pissing around with it. When the rest of the squad watch that and see him playing every minute of every game, is it any wonder then that we see games like today where nobody cares about making passes stick?

We look like a team that spends all day, every day practicing how to press in training exercises, and no time improving our limited ability on the ball.

weekly disasterclass comp

To be fair that’s not even too bad. The red wasn’t a red and the passes were a split second behind and the cross was overhit by a foot. He’s still really close to making major things happen but nothing is coming off. It’s so painful to watch him flop game after game when he’s a good player and we really need him or we create next to nothing. Unfortunately he’s poor a lot more often than he’s been good for the last few years. He can make a difference on his day but his day is fast becoming the exception to the rule

Last edited:
What other captains in the league are as childish and petulant as him? Imagine being his teammate and looking at him having his 6th tantrum in half an hour of football.

He's a man-child.

He'll start vs Porto surely. We'll need much better version of Bruno there than we've seen so far this season.

What?:lol: Someone reported you for that?

Yea got a warning point and everything, even got accused of not being United fan for it, losing my nerves week in and week out for years and that moron cnut reported me, ofcc mods jumped on it.

Yea got a warning point and everything, even got accused of not being United fan for it, losing my nerves week in and week out for years and that moron cnut reported me, ofcc mods jumped on it.
Who was it? I’m also curious to know now who is that sad little life.

I think what pisses most off about him is how badly he can play but still gets selected.

100% That’s the thing

If a team culture has no accountability for a string of poor performances and no reward for improving our play, it’s broken

You’d think managers would learn by now, post Fergie managers have had their favourites but it’s cost them their jobs by sticking with them. ETH constantly picks Bruno and Rashford no matter how bad and they’ve failed him most of the time .

We’ve all said Bruno was undroppable, so he proved us wrong by getting sent off.

Well done mate.

The red was unlucky and probably harsh, but the tackle was typical of Bruno when he's frustrated and getting the run around. Petulant and undisciplined.

Don't forget his role in the first Spurs goal either. I'm not blaming him for it by any means because there are about 4 or 5 other players who could have prevented it, but it all stemmed from Bruno underhitting a pass to Garnacho when United were in a good counterattacking position. He gets the weight of the pass wrong so many times and f**ks up so many attacking opportunities as a result.

weekly disasterclass comp

The cross at 19 seconds pissed me off at the time. Rashford is completely free in the box, or if he decides to go further then Garnacho has space too. That cross is what he's in the team for, where he's meant to make up for the rest of his game being shit. But he just plays it out for a goal kick to Spurs instead, the ball landing nowhere near our players.

You really can't rely on him to execute consistently, his highlight reel of passes is a product of a high volume of attempts, rather than being particularly special in terms of execution.

Even more to the point, the guy can make 10 bad passes then the 1 where it actually makes it to someone he is lauded as a hero by pundits. The guy is brutal, lazy, lazy player and gets the armband? This is the culture of the team as the leader goes, the team goes. Hence why they had success with guys like Keane, Cantona and Rooney, these guys played every game like it was their last and expected that from everyone. Heck even Vidic was fearless and led by example. Now we have little Bruno who needs the whaaambulance called every game. This team should be exactly where they are, edging closer to relegation! Thanks Ratcliffe, great job! First thing they touch and make a decision on blows up by game 6. Even worse, signing Southgate would be a step backward. Wow, from the frying pan into the fire!

We need a player like Eriksen in the midfield, only with engine. Bruno is too erratic for anything we are trying to build thru the middle. Plus his form is so bad at the moment.

Very true indeed, even though I dislike his hero football style at times, I think he is a key player for us and his productivity is what keeps the team afloat at times.

I bet if the team around him is stable, consistent and able to make use of the chances he creates, we will surely see less hero football and more measured and controlled Bruno which will make us even better.

I said this back in July, before we kicked a ball in any competitive matches, since then he's really been in a dogshite form, and today he was just at his worst, the red was very unfair but it does not excuse him at all.

Even without the red card I think it's high time he is benched for a few games, I doubt Ten Hag will bench him but he can't select him now so he has to adapt, assuming he is not sacked before the next game of course

Has he been warned before getting sent off? Even if it was a harsh red, I remember him sliding late a few times before this incident. He is too eager to go to ground, absolute liability off the ball.

A great captain has far better self control than he had, in my opinion.
No way you are saying Keane wasn't a great captain. He was and still is the epitome of what a captain should be. There was poll on the greatest captains in EPL history and other teams fans even voted him first.

Anytime anyone questions his captaincy I point to two games, Arsenal away at Highbury the 4-2 win and Juventus away in 1999. Two games where you knew we just couldn't lose because Keane was on the pitch to drive us forward.