2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

4.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Was completely invisible in the first half and failed to help Mainoo and Ugarte with the Spurs midfield overload. What's he doing pressing right alongside Zirkzee while leaving Maddison in acres of space behind him? He's very lightweight in defending transitions as well, arguably our weakest midfield player, if not slightly stronger than Eriksen. I think he needs this break because he's been horrible this season.

I've been waiting for this, I just want to see it for two or three games - three games ago I was hounded on this thread for saying it, now... we get to see it.

It's a decent spread of games too. Villa, Brentford and West Ham. Both home and away. One good team and two mid table teams.

The problem with the "experiment" is that we are very likely to get a new manager. That is always a bit chaotic.

So many posters were slagging off those who weren't happy he started.
Some even went as far as being very insulting but guess what ? You can all feck off now :lol:

Harsh red card, but he's absolutely dreadful.

Within the first 4 minutes he gave the ball away cheaply twice with 2 dreadful passes, and it set the tone for the absolute chaos that ensued.

Although I still expect us to be shit with or without him, I'm actually glad we get 3 games without him now.

I love Bruno but his best contribution today was hacking Maddison down. He was our worst player until that.

Stuck his leg out knee height after he slipped. I mean he can’t argue that was not dangerous play or he was in control

What’s his excuse for fecking up every attack all season? Terrible captain. Needs to be moved on.

It's a decent spread of games too. Villa, Brentford and West Ham. Both home and away. One good team and two mid table teams.

The problem with the "experiment" is that we are very likely to get a new manager. That is always a bit chaotic.
It's not an experiment though at this moment in time it's being forced , but going forward it should be default option .

And In summer hopefully we are lucky enough to find somebody to take him off our hands .

Nobody can assure me that we can become a massive force again with him as a captain. He's neither a leader nor is good enough
Hopefully, the next manager will know when to drop him, so we don' have to wait for a red card

We actually improved after he went off. If only Dalot was substituted also we might not have conceded 2nd goal

Where is that cnut that reported me for calling out this obnoxious cnut getting a new contract

It's not an experiment though at this moment in time it's being forced , but going forward it should be default option .

I don't think he's a problem personally, but I'm clearly in the minority in this thread. If we start playing good football then Bruno will start performing too. Just like for Portugal, where he's arguably been the best performer for the last 2 years.

Which midfielder or attacker has been impressive for us this season? And by "impressive" I mean more than 3 good games. Amad maybe? That's not good enough. The problems are far more foundational and cannot be pinned on one or two players.

"Theres things we can take from this"

Yeah, even with 10 men we were better without him

I don't think he's a problem personally, but I'm clearly in the minority in this thread. If we start playing good football then Bruno will start performing too. Just like for Portugal, where he's arguably been the best performer for the last 2 years.

Which midfielder or attacker has been impressive for us this season? And by "impressive" I mean more than 3 good games. Amad maybe? That's not good enough. The problems are far more foundational and cannot be pinned on one or two players.

Problems are foundational but also being exacerbated due to limitations of players with Fernandes one of the bigger culprit.

And International football is played at different pace and also gulf between teams can sometimes be huge .

He is meant to be the captain, he meant to lead by example.

Problems are foundational but also being exacerbated due to limitations of players with Fernandes one of the bigger culprit.

And International football is played at different pace and also gulf between teams can sometimes be huge .
100%

ETH needs to grow some balls and drop him. He’s always been a sabotage to our midfield shape but we excuse it because he’s an elite chance creator. But this season he’s just a turnover machine while still killing our midfield shape. Give Mount, Zirkzee, or Amad a run out at 10 and make Bruno earn his spot back.

He is meant to be the captain, he meant to lead by example.

Football is still a team sport. He leads by example by always being fit and always working hard. He's not been good this season, but that is the one thing you can't take away from him. Creative players will quickly look like shit if the team doesn't gel. It's the dribblers and the powerful strikers who can still work wonders in a dysfunctional team. But even they will typically struggle for obvious reasons.

Anyways, new manager or not, we will get 3 PL games in a row without Bruno. That hasn't happened since he arrived in early 2020.

We have zero invention or creativity with out him.

We have more than enough of that in Eriksen and Case without that guy losing possession 15 times a game. Also it's not like we have seen much of that "creativity" of him this season. Except for creative ways to give up possession.

He has been ineffective all season in that more advanced position.

I can't even say United missed him when they went down to 10 men.

International football means absolutely feck all.

He pretty much stat padded against the likes of Luxembourg and then was awful at the Euros

I guess we will see if Bruno actually makes us worse or wanting, and now having, Bruno out will become a 'be carefull what you wish for' situation.
Lets not make the mistake of bigging up those games too much. Just taking out Bruno isn't going to magically make us a great team. We might still lose games or get draws, even with slightly less lost possessions. When that happens, I know 3 or 4 posters who will quickly jump in telling us how that proved that we need him in the team. This isn't about getting rid of one player - it is about moving away from a football that relies on one player to do stuff (which is the trajectory, that this season has us on anyway, gladly). I personally doubt that 2 or 3 games will be enough to see any significant change to it but lets see.

That said - I think the red card is very harsh. I also don't think it was a mistake to start him today. Spurs were expected to press us and there aren't many players out there to capitalize on leaving space in behind. Issue was that we weren't prepared the right way to survive the first onslaught. Hindsight is always 20-20, looking back, probably would have been best to start in a 4-4-2 shape and keep it tight and wait for opportunities to pop up. Seemed like we wanted to take them on which failed spectacularly. But that wasn't due to one single player.

I love Bruno but his best contribution today was hacking Maddison down. He was our worst player until that.

Honestly he’s been poor for the last few years apart from his mini purple patch at the end of last season. Pretty much since Ronaldo came in until now. He’s my favourite current player but a little part of me dies every time he gets another start and captaincy after consecutive disaster classes

Scotland
Croatia
France
Slovenia
Georgia
Turkey
Czechia
Ireland
Croatia
Finland
Slovenia
Sweden
Iceland
Liechtenstein
Bosnia
Slovakia
Luxembourg
Slovakia
Iceland
Bosnia

That's Portugals last 20 fixtures in the last ~1.5 years. Why do people put stock into international performances when this is the level of opposition?

Honestly he’s been poor for the last few years apart from his mini purple patch at the end of last season. Pretty much since Ronaldo came in until now. He’s my favourite current player but a little part of me dies every time he gets another start and captaincy after consecutive disaster classes
He’s always had an absolute shocker in his locker, they’re just more frequent now unfortunately

Cheers for the first couple years, Bruno. Fergie would've sold him or benched him soon after.

We have more than enough of that in Eriksen and Case without that guy losing possession 15 times a game. Also it's not like we have seen much of that "creativity" of him this season. Except for creative ways to give up possession.
Disagree. He is our most important player. Maybe that’s damning but it’s true.

Scotland
Croatia
France
Slovenia
Georgia
Turkey
Czechia
Ireland
Croatia
Finland
Slovenia
Sweden
Iceland
Liechtenstein
Bosnia
Slovakia
Luxembourg
Slovakia
Iceland
Bosnia

That's Portugals last 20 fixtures in the last ~1.5 years. Why do people put stock into international performances when this is the level of opposition?
Most of those are pretty much League 1 level.