Bruno Fernandes Portugal flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
That contract looking better and better, instead of running away we are stuck with Russell Westbrook of Manchester and this shitty formation with point forward in midfield.
Westbrook really is the best comp. A floor raiser who gets you to a certain level through sheer volume but ultimately isn't designed to win leagues because he's too inefficient.

Last edited:
This does my head in, his trivelas. It's not as if he's even good at it. That chance he had with the trivela, just use your left ffs.
Or control the ball and have a nice 1v1 with the keeper. Shooting from there, with that technique, made absolutely no sense other than him being on a ego trip

Don't understand why he has to play every single game. Would love to see Amad in his role.

Saying that having him, Rashford and Garnacho, Hoijlund on at the time is just pure carnage. Like a bunch of headless chickens, pure chaos.

You bet your house that we would have done much better in so many games without him. We struggle often, and he's a huge reason for that.
How can such a gifted player play so many shitty passes, it is a mystery to me

The lack of loyalty towards Bruno here is an absolute disgrace.

Does anyone have any stats on how many games he's played in the last 3 seasons for us and Portugal - it's going to be huge. And he's been carrying a massive weight on his shoulders for years trying to drag Utd over the line. He's given absolutely everything, including perhaps his best years of his career and then way people here sh*t all over him is just awful.

You expect players to be loyal to the club but how about the fans show some loyalty and support to a player.

Bruno is not Sancho.

And who do the wise folk here suggest we replace him with?

- Zirkzee, who's got the killer instinct of Gandhi.
- Mount, who's constantly injured and has done nothing.
- Eriksen, who's gassed after half an hour.

None of those players have done for Utd what Bruno has done.

Give him a rest, build a team formation around him as a false 9 or 10. But don't make him the scape goat every time the entire team fail to deliver - he's delivered more than anyone else here in a decade.
These fans would have hounded out Fergie multiple times over if it was up to them.

Does anyone have any stats on how many games he's played in the last 3 seasons for us and Portugal - it's going to be huge. And he's been carrying a massive weight on his shoulders for years trying to drag Utd over the line. He's given absolutely everything, including perhaps his best years of his career and then way people here sh*t all over him is just awful.

You expect players to be loyal to the club but how about the fans show some loyalty and support to a player.

Bruno is not Sancho.

Give him a rest, build a team formation around him as a false 9 or 10. But don't make him the scape goat every time the entire team fail to deliver - he's delivered more than anyone else here in a decade.
I don't understand this, he objectively had a bad game today I don't see anything wrong in pointing that out. And he has literally had every team built around him, he plays every single game and given the licence to do whatever he wants and play wherever he wants.

He's a volume footballer, meaning he will take a lot of shots and play risky balls often, whilst this works in a team that plays good coherent football that dominate possession it becomes a liability in a team that struggles to score and control games. He's just way too erratic. I don't think anyone critises his effort, I think most would agree he always gives his all.

Bruno is not Sancho.

You're talking about him like he's doing charity work. Man is on high wages, extended his contract recently. We're the only club in the whole world dumb enough to give him that kinda money. The return hasn't been impressive to say the least

Saying that having him, Rashford and Garnacho, Hoijlund on at the time is just pure carnage. Like a bunch of headless chickens, pure chaos.
Yeah we really looked so much better with Eriksen, Zirkzee in attack.

Fernandes is a huge weakness in my opinion. He came at a time Mata was in decline and offered significant output which Mata didn’t as much. I know it’s another case of a United fan asking for a Scholes back when I say this, but we need a cross between Fernandes and Mata. Someone who can get 30 g/a in a season but is technically competent and a cog in a functioning attack.

When Fernandes goes through periods like he is now where he can’t even score it’s absolutely no shock that he comes into serious criticism, because all he’s doing is just stinking it up. Rashford is the same. Great player get back into form by still doing the basics right and those 2 aren’t capable, hence why bad form drags on and on.

Bruno is not Sancho.

Fantastic post, but sadly my friend you may aswell talk to the wall. Rather than celebrating our best players and having a perspective over his whole time here, the Caf would rather be knee jerk and judge immediately and hound and scapegoat our best performers. People seem to need a villain to vent against and Bruno and Marcus fit the bill (although im sure there isn’t a single squad member off limits)

Bruno is individually the best player in the squad in my book.

However, he doesn't at all fit the style of football we are trying to play. If he didn't play for us there is no way we would be looking to sign him, we'd much more be looking at a playmaker like Odegaard.

It won't happen, but I'd like to see Zirkzee start in position with Rasmus ahead of him.

The Bruno situation reminds me (ironically) or Ruud's last season at the club, still the best player in his position but the team functions far better without him. Only we won't move Bruno on or even drop him by the look of things.

He should have been subbed today, seems the last player who is still invincible.

Already lost too many points this season.

You're talking about him like he's doing charity work. Man is on high wages, extended his contract recently. We're the only club in the whole world dumb enough to give him that kinda money. The return hasn't been impressive to say the least
He's been on less than half the pay of Rashford up until about a month ago

Or control the ball and have a nice 1v1 with the keeper. Shooting from there, with that technique, made absolutely no sense other than him being on a ego trip
I have mentioned this before but he's weirdly an arrogant player for someone who has basically achieved nothing at the top level. That's not to mention his level of technique never warrants the stuff he keeps trying.

He's a volume footballer, meaning he will take a lot of shots and play risky balls often, whilst this works in a team that plays good coherent football that dominate possession it becomes a liability in a team that struggles to score and control games. He's just way too erratic. I don't think anyone critises his effort, I think most would agree he always gives his all.

So maybe we should focus on being a team that plays good coherent football that dominates possession... rather than sh*tting all over Bruno

This thread is a parody.

All whilst the likes of 55m pound Mount and 65m pound Hojlund do nothing.

Bruno maybe our captain, one of our most effective & influential players. However, it's odd, if he did leave next summer, I won't be overly bothered about it. Never felt this way about one of our better players before.

You should be expecting more out of the "world class magnifico" than you do the 20 year old forward. And Zirkzee didn't have any "very bad decisions" that's a load of garbage. He didn't even have a chance to miss either.

I find it quite absurd that I see many of the youngest players in the squad be expected far more of them and consistently get criticized game to game but the captain and leader of the team is constantly excused away for shit performances. You'd think the standards should be switched around, where younger players are expected to have a few feck ups but the supposed world class midfielder in the side is expected to dominate and be the best player on the pitch somewhat often.
Who are you quoting? I certainly didn't say that, so a bit of a weird argument. He did with his header and the weird interplay with him, Bruno and Amad, at points they all made odd decisions.

They're all being held at the same standards in my book. They all should have put the game to bed for us. Zirkzee did more in terms of creation, but he needs to be better in front of goal. I find it absurd that every performance where chances are squandered from all over the team, Bruno takes all the heat. To me it doesn't really matter how old Garnacho is, he's been put through 1v1 twice in this match and not put one of them away. If you want to be successful, that's just not good enough. Bruno should have scored his one where he tried trivela and I think the rebound from Garnacho, but I just don't get why Bruno ends up being "a problem" and why we can't win.

yeah but being frustrating to watch doesn’t always mean he’s playing poorly, it just means he isn’t doing the things you think he should be doing. It’s very possible that he is still doing the things the coaches have asked him to do.
I agree. The real problem is who can replace Bruno if he gets injured/tired in the current situation?

It’s tempting to give him a month off and let Zirkzee, Eriksen and Mount hold the position.

Delivered what exactly :lol:
What has Bruno done for United? Or even what has Bruno done in his club career?

This Bruno problem we have said it for the past 18 months. I have been called names here trying to explain to people how damaging having Bruno has been to United. The Aubameyang and Ozil of our time. Arteta solved this problem easily. ETH is unable to solve it.

The guy is 30 years but wz still give him new contract and try play at his strength while even at his prime he didn't deliver to United.

People forget the 2 worst season in United PL history... Bruno Fernandes has been the captain, played almost all those games, but you know miraculously it's not indicative of his abilities but problems attributed to other players.

I have said it severally, here.
We will go round and round in circles but until we ship Bruno nothing drastic will change. We will buy new players, but if we still play around Bruno nothing good will be created here.

As Always I say.... Time is the best decider of things. In fullness of time people will see.

Fecking infuriating the amount of times he's given the ball away today. And as many people said already, it was not even due to him trying to create something. A lot of them were misplaced short passes and passes that didn't have the right weight on them. Bruno was atrocious today. It was bonkers that ETH didn't substitute him.

Why have Mount on the bench and don't use your 5 substitutions when someone on the pitch is stinking the place out. After subbing off Eriksen, Amad and Zirkzee we reverted to hoof ball of which he was a huge contributor.

Barely created anything in those last 15-20mins as we were more concerned with hoofing it up. As a captain, he should have been the one to keep composure and try to create something but his first instinct of hoofing it takes over.

Also, not sure what's up this season but he's holding on to the ball a lot longer than required that it ends up with him in trouble. I don't know whats the thinking behind that as I don't see other players doing it so it's not a tactical thing.

Just like with Rashford that new contract is looking like a bad decision. We'll be laboured with him if this continues.

Would be a decent player if he could dribble or pass or if he was press resistant or if he didn’t give the ball away as often or if he-

as an aside, I’ve recently seen the likes of actually technically proficient as well as productive players like Neymar be called “luxury player” on this forum - I wonder what those posters make of Bruno considering the many areas he’s lacking in

Didn’t see the wisdom in the contractual renewal, and I remain skeptical

Him, Rashford and Casemiro combined are on a million a week. Let that sink in

I do tend to look for the good in what he does but that… that was fecking SHITE.
Yeah, sad but true. I love Bruno, he’s arguably my favourite United player, but he’s really struggling out there. Hoping he can rediscover his form, it’s long overdue.

That chance he tried on the outside of his right today. Ugh, such a good move, and the type of finish you would expect him to pull off. If only that had gone in. Would have done his confidence a world of good, not to mention set us on the way to three points.

So maybe we should focus on being a team that plays good coherent football that dominates possession... rather than sh*tting all over Bruno
Of course that's the goal but clearly not happening under this manager, but we are where we are and if he keeps playing like today he should be out of the team. Today's performance was shocking and even his die hard fans need to admit that.

He's a swashbuckler, he's a renegade, he lives on the edge, he's balls to the wall, he's all action.

He's everything you don't want in a creator if you want to be a successful side these days.

I love Bruno but he’s been so poor this season and I think cost us badly today. Everyone was bang on it for the first hour expect for Bruno and he’s the one that is supposed to be our reliable world class player. He just didnt perform today!

Bruno has shown lately he is one of the major issues with us not being able to play coherent football. He’s been out of form for a long time, nothing odd in people calling it out. Happens with all players.

A lot of gaslighting on this thread. Bruno's been septic for at least 2 or 3 seasons now. Constantly loses the ball in good positions, trying to do stupid Hollywood passes when a simpler, more effective pass is the better option.

And of course, in the 1 every 10 games where one of these Hollywood passes eventually comes off, his defenders will come on here saying "see, that's what Bruno brings to the team!". Oh, big f**king whoopdie-doo.

I don't know of another so-called top club and manager would tolerate it, but we're supposed to suck it up or else we're not Top Reds.

People don’t half go over the top with Bruno, but for once tonight was a game in which it was merited, had a really poor night.
Number 18, scholes or Bruno?

im not starting, but i feel like we've forgotten that keeping the ball is a deal.
I loved how we play but sadly I think Bruno isn't a right fit for our current style.
Sadly, i think so to. I am not a fan of boring football, but I look at Bruno and then think ..., he's going to give the ball away. We had a 18 year old in last season and I wasn't thinking any of that.

Much like the Rooney Thread when he started trying a chip from the right side of box to the left post.

Posters won't see until they "see it"

A lot of gaslighting on this thread. Bruno's been septic for at least 2 or 3 seasons now. Constantly loses the ball in good positions, trying to do stupid Hollywood passes when a simpler, more effective pass is the better option.

And of course, in the 1 every 10 games where one of these Hollywood passes eventually comes off, his defenders will come on here saying "see, that's what Bruno brings to the team!". Oh, big f**king whoopdie-doo.

I don't know of another so-called top club and manager would tolerate it, but we're supposed to suck it up or else we're not Top Reds.
You can't accuse people of gaslighting and then just do it yourself. You can just look at his stats (assists, xA, etc.) and know what you're saying is objectively false.

Bruno is an easy punching bag, but our wingers today have never scored 10 league goals in a season and our striker only scored 11 last season. Our best goalscorer in recent history came on and was dross. We need to stop relying on Bruno and when he doesn't perform, throw the baby out with the bath water.