Bruno Fernandes Portugal flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Gerrard? Hatw having to defend an opposing player but he WISHES he was Gerrard. What an insult to Gerrard. :lol::lol: :lol:

I think it's a fair comparison. A player who has his moments but plays at the cost of the team collective. Gerrard's a much better game winner though.

He’ll score or assist next week v spurs and then revert to type for the next month. That’s how he rolls.

Eriksen is a better #10 than he is. More tidy. Better passer. Better finisher as well.

His form this season has been pretty poor. Needs dropping I think. He’s fecking up the weight of every single pass and dwelling on the ball constantly.

Nuts that he still starts. His overall game is poor and a huge reason why are shit. Poay Mount or Zirkzee

The amount of times he gives the ball away or makes the wrong decision. No way we score 7 with Bruno on the pitch.

Been absolutely terrible since signing the contract

Even last season he only turned up towards the end and was poor for most of it

Another case of the club being finessed for a bumper deal
I was told he is world class, and the foundations of Man Utd would crumble if he were sold..

For 30 minutes he was decent, but at 30 mins he was giving Amad what for, for I think not passing to him earlier but he basically then went back to the old Bruno. Trying too much, breaking the structure we had which then meant we started to lose the control we had.

It’s something that always happens with him and if he is to stay in this team he needs to get better at playing in the structure because too many times he mucks it up and we then struggle to progress the ball and often end up losing it. If not then he needs to go.

One moment in the game Eriksen tried to set him for the Paul Scholes volley from the corner and he was completely switched off, had no clue what to do when the ball came to him. Just was not at the races at all.

We need to start reverting to this. If Eriksen isn't starting at the very least he should be coming on for Bruno in the 10 for games like today (aware Eriksen started today)

Just once in a game like today I'd like to see Amad in the Bruno role floating between the lines. He's so much cleaner technically and in those tight areas that it would be a welcome adjustment when Bruno is playing like he was today.

As many predicted, he is not suited to patient possession football. Simply is too impatient with the ball. This is something at his age that will not be changed. Starting to looking like Eriksen may be the best option there or mount.

Lost the ball 34 times today...

bruno-lost-possession-34-times-against-crystal-palace-v0-uzqpaaxtk7qd1.jpeg

He was Sporting's captain and most productive player, and then they sold him and went on to win their first league title in 19 years.

We need to move on from this ludicrous idea that he's undroppable and irreplaceable. He's not.

Gerrard is one of the best midfielders of the last 20 years.

Gerrard became a problem at 35 years old. Bruno is closer to Coutinho.
Guess it depends what you mean by "one of" but would disagree. Both players cause similar problems for their teams. Gerrard was better though, obviously.

Lost the ball 34 times today...

bruno-lost-possession-34-times-against-crystal-palace-v0-uzqpaaxtk7qd1.jpeg
That is absolutely mad. I wish football had a well used turnovers stat. In the NBA a point guard that gave the ball away 34 times in a game (or frankly, 3 games) would be benched forever.

We had an attack in the 2nd half where he lost possession 3 times in a time frame of about 60-90 seconds

He doesn’t really gel with the likes of Zirkzee, Eriksen and Mazraoui when we’re playing possession based, technical football with intricate link ups and patience being a key factor.

His form this season has been pretty poor. Needs dropping I think. He’s fecking up the weight of every single pass and dwelling on the ball constantly.
This for me has been the annoying bit. He has always given the ball away a lot by trying those Hollywood passes but that's the kind of role he has for us so he could be forgiven. But this season he has been missing the simplest passes by passing it slower than what he should time and time again.

He was shocking, you can make excuses when he is trying some defense splitting and difficult passes. But he was misplacing simple things.

He was Sporting's captain and most productive player, and then they sold him and went on to win their first league title in 19 years.

We need to move on from this ludicrous idea that he's undroppable and irreplaceable. He's not.
Sporting's three seasons just before signing Bruno: 42.66 average goal difference

Sporting's two and a half seasons with Bruno: 28.66 GD

Sporting's 3 seasons after selling him: 44.66 GD

Despite my username this guy is the most overrated player I've seen in my 30 years of watching this club. He creates problems in teams with his abysmal all-round game and then offers the remedy which only works half the time. There's a reason this guy who's supposedly been carrying us since he arrived has never once won the players' player of the year award. His teammates don't rate him as highly as the fans do

He was shocking, you can make excuses when he is trying some defense splitting and difficult passes. But he was misplacing simple things.

This was one of the worst performances by any player I've ever seen. Him losing the ball 34 times doesn't tell you the whole story. The number of times he lost the ball with simple passes, not ambitious passes, just basic stuff was unbelievable

We aren’t the problem, ETH is . No way he should have been left on today

Every single action of his on the pitch is a literal coin flip. Unsustainable to have him as part of our core team if we're going for long-term success.