Bruno Fernandes Portugal flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Amazing first half (other than the big miss), but the second half was absolutely shocking. Once he started looking for the hollywood pass every time, we stopped creating anything and gave Palace the chance to get back into the game

Usually don’t like putting the blame on a single player, but it really feels like he cost us a win today.

Straight up 0/10 performance.

It cannot be understated how terrible a decision it was to renew his contract

Never liked him. Always been a top 4 level player. No top club would go near someone with such limited technical ability. Now his output has vanished so he’s useless. Obviously the long term plan should be to move him on.

Amazing first half (other than the big miss), but the second half was absolutely shocking. Once he started looking for the hollywood pass every time, we stopped creating anything and gave Palace the chance to get back into the game
Even in the first half he was the one holding us back for the most part. Misplaced so many easy passes.

He was very poor today and should've been the first one to get subbed off. Poor passes, crosses and generally awful decision making. What's gotten into him with the whole trivela obsession? I swear he could've scored that chance if he took it normally. If this is what he's serving up this season I'd rather see Eriksen as the number 10. He plays with some composure at least.

Endless shower of shite.

More furious with Ten Hag for keeping him on. Cost us the win.

fecking diabolical. We need to drop him because he's literally fecking around on the pitch with some of his decisions.

Amazing first half!! You must have been watching a different game. Wouldn’t have been many in here missing him if he didn’t come out for the second half. He was terrible for 90

got fed up with his aimless passes
It’s not just the low percentage ridiculous passes he attempts, his short and medium range passing is terrible. So many times in first half he took the wrong option. Bigger issue for me is no one turns around to him and gives him a bollocking

The amount of times he just gives the ball away or just plays a bad pass is mind boggling. I don’t know how he is captain material.

I will never understand his popularity, he is an utterly mediocre footballer 90% of the time.

Probably the most stupid post in a long time.

Bruno and Eriksen combined brilliantly on these goals and Eriksen again had an absolutely tremendous game.

And this right here is the second problem with this thread: people see what they want to see. As long as they get one or two examples from a game then that is enough to erase all the good stuff.

If you are an attacking midfielder with more than 80% pass accuracy and practically never attempt to dribble, then you are not playing a high risk game! End of story.

Just because Bruno occasionally goes for a difficult pass it doesn't mean that he is a high risk player. I understand that it becomes jarring when it's always the same guy, but that is (probably) the instruction that he has been given. The manager knows about his capabilities and thus he is awarded the freedom to sometimes try difficult things. There is nothing "risky" or "wasteful" about this approach. Even a possession-psycho like Pep allows De Bruyne to go for multiple tricky passes and crosses per game. They don't all succeed of course. I would argue that most of them fail. But in the long run they pay off.

Looking at the big data spread over entire seasons it makes sense why Bruno is allowed to do this. He creates an obscene amount of chances (more than any comparable player in the league I think) and his goals and assist output is also good. As long as he keeps working hard off the ball (which he does) and doesn't squander possession by dropping into the low 70's or lower (which he doesn't), he should be allowed to try some difficult things.

So are you saying that you will only pick the games in the cups where Bruno doesn't play to suit your agenda?

I would like to refer you back to last season, Bruno missed two games, which was the last time, we lost 4-0 to Palace and 1-0 to Arsenal.

Uhm, what? He's started all our games this season until yesterday, and I seem to remember him assisting De Ligt for the opener against Southampton.

I thought you were you being sarcastic but your original post is terrible.

Hope he has more bad games like these for us where he gets 2 assists in 30 mins.

What do you think?

The more he plays with genuinely technically quality players — Zirkzee, Amad, Eriksen — the more you see how mediocre he is in tight areas, on his weaker foot, moving into pockets of space etc. — chance creation and grit is what he offers.

As I’ve said before we need start moving past him. He has weaknesses in his game which hurt the collective. We should be actively looking to replace him / slowly phase him out over the next or two.

I still can't believe we've extended his contract and give him 300k a week.

This team is going nowhere until he's gone and we rebuild the team around players with a brain.

I will never understand his popularity, he is an utterly mediocre footballer 90% of the time.
It's a mystery to me too. He's an anomaly who has convinced way too many that he's a top class player and is one of the biggest reasons why we're held back on the pitch, our over reliance on him.

How on earth he got picked up based on performance only the managers he was able to ruined know.

Amazing first half!! You must have been watching a different game. Wouldn’t have been many in here missing him if he didn’t come out for the second half. He was terrible for 90
Ok amazing was pushing it, but I thought he was working really hard off the ball and was very much part of the reason for why Palace couldn't get out of their own half. Plus his link up play was decent with Zirkzee.

Overall, shocking game though

I've said this before. If this were 2007, he'd be playing for Spurs. Neutrals will laud him as some talented player based on his highlight reels while the likes of Scholes, Carrick and Rooney win games for us.

World class player my arse.
He’s a fine player but he’s never been a top one imo. He puts up good assists and creation numbers but you can’t be a top player whilst having little pace or dribbling ability. He’s great at one or two things but overall not a great player.

At the end, he goes off on Mazouri for not releasing that throw in to him earlier. He then does get it, messes up his touch and then when he has the ball under control, proceeds to hoof it high and aimlessly.

We didn’t get to see the next shot but I’m sure he would have thrown his arms at Mazouri after that.

The most overrated player in the last 10 years.

Nothing symbolises the current United as much as Bruno does. Terrible in general, but may look good on a highlights reel. With him as our fulcrum, we will only be top 4 challengers.

Shocking today. I gave him a 3.

He has quality, but his decision making today was unbelievably poor.