Bruno Fernandes Portugal flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
There was a minute or so in the second half where he tried a pass that wasn't really on, which resulted in a loose ball, that someone else won back for us. The ball ended up with Bruno, who tried another pass that wasn't really on, which turned into a loose ball that someone else won back. This happened once more before we finally lost the ball. All within a minute. Put your foot on it ffs.

What's more to say really? Been harping on about this guy and not being consistent for years, yet he seems to be worshipped by everyone

He'll score a goal when we're 2-0 up some game and it'll be Bruno is the best player in ze world again

His G/A output has shielded him from criticism from his inconsistent passing. If we want to be a functional team, he has to cut out his outrageous passing attempts or should be dropped.

Can we please have midfield three of Ugarte, Mainoo and Eriksen and bench him and use him as sub at least for few games.

Past his peak and lives off moments. You can’t compete with a player this erratic. Needs to be dropped and replaced.

We should try a midfield of Ugarte, Eriksen and Mainoo.

The more he plays with genuinely technically quality players — Zirkzee, Amad, Eriksen — the more you see how mediocre he is in tight areas, on his weaker foot, moving into pockets of space etc. — chance creation and grit is what he offers.
Been clear for years but was covered up by us being very transition based without other quality technicians in the team (apart from Pogba early on).

He is one of the most stupidest player I have seen. His decision making and understanding of the game is atrocious. Gets more and more reckless when we need some momentum. Dumb idiot. Have said before we aren’t going anywhere with a player like him.

I will never understand his popularity, he is an utterly mediocre footballer 90% of the time.
That’s why the whole Are Rashford and Bruno a problem thread was started and had genuine merit. Now granted that Bruno is a far better player than Rashford who has spent 2 out of three season being abysmal but the core issues remain - two players who in their general play are not fit for the top top level. Rashford is actually mid table in his all round game and Brun is just decent. When you have star big salary names who the system needs to make up, then that’s a big issue.

He is a problem. He is becoming our version of Gerrard at Liverpool.

He's having to do the 6 role as a 10 and people are somehow expecting him to also do the 10 role brilliantly.

Needs to have 2 midfielders alongside him that aren't passengers when we don't have the ball.

Awful today, gave the ball away multiple times by trying to go for the fancy flicks instead of basic passes and created very little.

He needed to be subbed off. He can’t start the next game - absolutely atrocious.

He's having to do the 6 role as a 10 and people are somehow expecting him to also do the 10 role brilliantly.

Needs to have 2 midfielders alongside him that aren't passengers when we don't have the ball.
He’s not doing any 6 role. Let’s not kid ourselves - he isn’t a midfielder.

Or you know, he should stop playing like a donkey and trying trivela long passes every other action. Eriksen and Mainoo were both better than him

Still a horrible post. There are a lot of others unfortunately.

Ha! You sure showed them by posting immediately after a 0-0 game where he had the sort of performance that most of the best midfielders in the world have a handful of per season.
I didn't have to wait long, i was recording the game too put my point across - i deleted it after that. Because to move him to the right wing on the 76 minute said it all too me.

Still think him and Rashford should have been moved on this summer.
We'll never win a prem or CL with those two as starters

I’ve been saying it for years. No ball carrying skills can’t dribble himself out of anything. No threat if it’s a 1 v 1 he haven’t got the skills to do his man. Waste of possesion constantly not very good in the short passing deparment. It is what it is though some people are going to cling on to that he’s our best player, well whoever that would be allowed to play the Bruno role of not being a cm and just constantly being in that 10 role would be considerd our best player.

Needs to learn how to play football like a matured professional footballer instead of a kid whose idea of play making is making the Hollywood passes and moves every single time.

Standard Bruno performance. No discipline, no coherence, nothing. Major opportunity missed not selling him this summer. We would have gotten so much money. He is not leading any team anywhere.

He wasn't a problem in the first half, although he did stick out like a sore thumb. Second half once we lost Zirkzee and Amad we lost any control and just went for last season hoofball and Bruno played main role in that.

Not the first time he's having a bad game throughout, but I never actually expected him to be subbed.

Yet he's the only guy in that midfield getting us the ball back.

Won more tackles and duels than the other five front players combined.

He needs to stop with the fecking trivelas. I accept his risky passing but one touch to set himself up would've gone a long way today. Give Mount a run as Bruno hasn't had a great performance so far this season.

He's always been overly ambitious in his decision making but right now he's really overcomplicating the game.

Bruno should have been subbed off by the 60th minute. He tends to be wasteful with the ball unless hes in the final third constantly going for those Hollywood passes. Eriksen atleast quickly gets the ball out of his feet and makes smarter decisions.

Or you know, he should stop playing like a donkey and trying trivela long passes every other action. Eriksen and Mainoo were both better than him

This does my head in, his trivelas. It's not as if he's even good at it. That chance he had with the trivela, just use your left ffs.

Played for contract towards the end of last season. Got his new contract and now back to his old self.

Yet he's the only guy in that midfield getting us the ball back.

Won more tackles and duels than the other five front players combined.
Not a midfielder

He’s a 10 or attacker pressing as part of the unit

Ok amazing was pushing it, but I thought he was working really hard off the ball and was very much part of the reason for why Palace couldn't get out of their own half. Plus his link up play was decent with Zirkzee.

Overall, shocking game though
That’s more like it haahaa

He's not, some on here (me included) have been screaming our lungs out for quite some time. Toward the end of the first half, when he abandoned his position and destroyed all sense of shape to gamble on a mistake back pass that can happen maybe twice in a whole season - thus leaving Eriksen in no man's land and Mainoo chasing shadows - and resulting in Eze's first clear-cut chance is simply most Bruno thing ever. Even on days when he gets goals and assists.