5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Man Utd 6:0 Barnsley - Eriksen (81')
]

Man Utd 7:0 Barnsley - Eriksen (83')

How anyone could look at these goals and say Bruno played really well.

I look at these goals a think feck Eriksen is some player, Eriksen dominated that game and was brilliant.

Bruno was lazy with his passing and gave the ball away cheaply more than once.

Two times we've played without him and both won, played some really good stuff.

I look at these goals a think feck Eriksen is some player, Eriksen dominated that game and was brilliant.

I don't mean to single you out, but this post right here is the perfect example of why the Bruno performance threads are useless.

The man had 83% pass accuracy, 6 chances created, 2 assists and still his critics manage to turn it into a negative. The man can't win. And that leads me to next problem: this thread's activity pattern.

If Bruno has a good game we're looking at half a page's worth of posts. If Bruno has an average game we're looking at 2 full pages with mostly negative comments. If he has a bad game we're looking at maybe 4 or 5 pages of pure toxicity. And then certain posters (most of whom are on ignore now) have the gall to write things like: "Look at the comments in this thread! If we were so wrong, why is it so much criticism?"

This is why.

Looked comfortable yesterday, when he can use his instincts while players give him options he's great. He can't play the slow game and loses the ball when he needs to think what to do with it, but it's fine, we have other players for buildup/ keeping possession.

I don't mean to single you out, but this post right here is the perfect example of why the Bruno performance threads are useless.

The man had 83% pass accuracy, 6 chances created, 2 assists and still his critics manage to turn it into a negative. The man can't win. And that leads me to next problem: this thread's activity pattern.

If Bruno has a good game we're looking at half a page's worth of posts. If Bruno has an average game we're looking at 2 full pages with mostly negative comments. If he has a bad game we're looking at maybe 4 or 5 pages of pure toxicity. And then certain posters (most of whom are on ignore now) have the gall to write things like: "Look at the comments in this thread! If we were so wrong, why is it so much criticism?"

This is why.
I don't feel singled out, it's just my opinion.

I think he is a problem if we wish to change our play pattern, it's not like the club wasn't aware if his high risk passing style. He did a few things yesterday that really stuck out to me, like a cruyff pass that just wasn't needed or even on.

I've been wanting to see us without him for so long and for 70 minutes I got too see it.. you what, it was good.

Last time was Crystal Palace and we beat them 3 nil, i think that's all I can remember since he came weirdly - unless anyone else can remember any?

You mean the 2 goals which bruno put on a plate for eriksen? What an odd post.

We've played more than twice without him as well, he missed 2 games through injury last year in the league and we lost 4-0 to palace and 1-0 to arsenal so again, that's selective garbage you're spewing.

Nothing but a hater.

it's not like the club wasn't aware if his high risk passing style

And this right here is the second problem with this thread: people see what they want to see. As long as they get one or two examples from a game then that is enough to erase all the good stuff.

If you are an attacking midfielder with more than 80% pass accuracy and practically never attempt to dribble, then you are not playing a high risk game! End of story.

Just because Bruno occasionally goes for a difficult pass it doesn't mean that he is a high risk player. I understand that it becomes jarring when it's always the same guy, but that is (probably) the instruction that he has been given. The manager knows about his capabilities and thus he is awarded the freedom to sometimes try difficult things. There is nothing "risky" or "wasteful" about this approach. Even a possession-psycho like Pep allows De Bruyne to go for multiple tricky passes and crosses per game. They don't all succeed of course. I would argue that most of them fail. But in the long run they pay off.

Looking at the big data spread over entire seasons it makes sense why Bruno is allowed to do this. He creates an obscene amount of chances (more than any comparable player in the league I think) and his goals and assist output is also good. As long as he keeps working hard off the ball (which he does) and doesn't squander possession by dropping into the low 70's or lower (which he doesn't), he should be allowed to try some difficult things.

You mean the 2 goals which bruno put on a plate for eriksen? What an odd post.

Imagine harbouring such a strong dislike for your own player that you feel you have to write some shite about him after a 7-0 win, 2 assists and 84% pass completion in 30 odd minutes, must feel a bit odd.

He even thinks he “sees” something in these clips of excellent interplay to prove his negativity…. :o

I think he is a problem if we wish to change our play pattern, it's not like the club wasn't aware if his high risk passing style. He did a few things yesterday that really stuck out to me, like a cruyff pass that just wasn't needed or even on.

I've been wanting to see us without him for so long and for 70 minutes I got too see it.. you what, it was good.

Last time was Crystal Palace and we beat them 3 nil, i think that's all I can remember since he came weirdly - unless anyone else can remember any?

So are you saying that you will only pick the games in the cups where Bruno doesn't play to suit your agenda?

I would like to refer you back to last season, Bruno missed two games, which was the last time, we lost 4-0 to Palace and 1-0 to Arsenal.

Imagine harbouring such a strong dislike for your own player that you feel you have to write some shite about him after a 7-0 win, 2 assists and 84% pass completion in 30 odd minutes, must feel a bit odd.

He even thinks he “sees” something in these clips of excellent interplay to prove his negativity…. :o

I've never quite seen anything like an attempt to discredit a player with a video in which the said player starts a move in his own half, makes a run up field and then produces the perfect cross for an easy finish before, so i'll give him credit there.

Life must be really miserable for that poor lads missus.

This is why.

There's two ways you can look at it.

As an individual he played well, got his assists and his passing accuracy was good. Nobody can argue with that.

But, if you look at his overall impact on the team in terms of shape and balance, the midfield did lose a lot of composure and fluidity when he came on. It was there to be seen.

Fantastic player, he'd be even better if he'd play with more patience and composure. It's not his game and he is what he is at this stage, but he's in a situation now where his overall game is starting to look at odds with the direction the team is heading.

But, if you look at his overall impact on the team in terms of shape and balance, the midfield did lose a lot of composure and fluidity when he came on. It was there to be seen.

I disagree with this analysis for three reasons:

1. We kept creating and scoring at almost the exact same rate, despite being 5-0 up and having no pressure. And it wasn't gung-ho counter attacks either. And likewise Barnsley did not start to look more dangerous. Honestly, I don't care how things look or feel. If we dominate the opponent, we dominate the opponent.

2. There are 4 players centrally behind Bruno in the build up. When Bruno entered the pitch literally zero of them were first choices. No Martinez, no De Ligt (got 15 minutes to be fair), no Mainoo and no Ugarte. Even if you were right in your analysis, it's unfair to put all the blame on Bruno when the B squad was in charge of the rest of the build-up.

3. The other players on the pitch kept playing well and the other subs also played well.

but he's in a situation now where his overall game is starting to look at odds with the direction the team is heading.

I think it's the opposite. The better we play as a team, the more useful Bruno will become. The difference is that he will stand out less than before, even when playing better. And this is a good thing!

That’s nonsense even if you conveniently ignore that 2 other substitutions were made one minute later and blame solely the one player of the three.
What was impressive last night was that we kept complete control and kept creating chances even after 5 second half substitutions. The fluidity on both Eriksen goals was there for everyone to see, without debate.

But keep seeing what you desperately want to see I guess.
This surely has to be an impressive redcafe first though at least? 32 minutes played, 2 assists and some lovely interplay on both, 84% pass completion and still receiving negative criticism… it’s almost impressive to see the backwards somersaults some will go to.

I've never quite seen anything like an attempt to discredit a player with a video in which the said player starts a move in his own half, makes a run up field and then produces the perfect cross for an easy finish before, so i'll give him credit there.

I don't get what people dont understand? He gave the ball away a couple times so he is a bad player..

Who cares that he contributes to us scoring goals? the aim of the game is to keep the ball not score goals.

All I'll say about Bruno's performance last night is that it was a joy seeing him and Eriksen together, reminded me of EtH's first season.

the aim of the game is to keep the ball not score goals.

The worst part is that Bruno isn't even bad at this for being a top level PL attacking midfielder.

But now someone will tell me that it's better to misplace 5 simple passes than 3 simple and 2 difficult. It makes no difference (actually I would argue that the latter is better)... The HUBRIS to even think dare such a pass trumps everything!

Uhm, what? He's started all our games this season until yesterday, and I seem to remember him assisting De Ligt for the opener against Southampton.

That’s nonsense even if you conveniently ignore that 2 other substitutions were made one minute later and blame solely the one player of the three.
What was impressive last night was that we kept complete control and kept creating chances even after 5 second half substitutions. The fluidity on both Eriksen goals was there for everyone to see, without debate.

But keep seeing what you desperately want to see I guess.
This surely has to be an impressive redcafe first though at least? 32 minutes played, 2 assists and some lovely interplay on both, 84% pass completion and still receiving negative criticism… it’s almost impressive to see the backwards somersaults some will go to.

Yeah, this thread is always full of the worst takes. As attacking cameos go Bruno's 30 minutes last night was almost as good as it gets. Heavily involved in some seriously sexy attacking football. Beggars belief that they would find evidence in that display to have a go at him.

I thought you were you being sarcastic but your original post is terrible.

Yet frequented from some people who all point out the uselessness of the debate only to come back time after time after...

Other side of the story is that half of those posts come from his personal fanclub trying to rectify stuff. The players whining certainly spilled over... ;) Also when you think about it - it is normal to a certain degree that after a game where there isn't much to criticize, the volume of posts will be lower than on different occasions. Using this as proof of agendas is just as useless as using his 30 minutes as indicator what a supposedly bad influence he has.

I made the suggestion in the other Bruno thread - just start a "Bruno endless appreciation thread" where criticism isn't allowed in. Or just the one deemed as ok by you and RAB. Saves you the effort to endure some of "the worst takes" and it saves this thread from constant accusations for hating and getting ones fan-hood questioned.

We played well without him, no question about that but it was Barnsley after all and they felt defeated and without hope after like 15minutes. You will admit that this isn't a good base to draw conclusions from.
Crystal Palace was against a weakend team that also didn't really fight much. Don't get me wrong but it seems like pretty selective in terms of picking evidence against Bruno, which makes no sense, we aren't playing super well, neither with him, nor without him. With him, we at least get some of his output. 2 matches don't really change that.

Uhm, what? He's started all our games this season until yesterday, and I seem to remember him assisting De Ligt for the opener against Southampton.

One might think that post confusing until you realise he’s talking about a League Cup third round game 12 months ago at home to a much weakened Crystal Palace side.

There’s definitely an extremely small body of evidence that we can get decent results at home against absolute shite without Bruno, thank feck.

One might think that post confusing until you realise he’s talking about a League Cup third round game 12 months ago at home to a much weakened Crystal Palace side.

There’s definitely an extremely small body of evidence that we can get decent results at home against absolute shite without Bruno, thank feck.

Yep whilst ignoring the game we got hammered by Palace away without Bruno last season?

Just as frustrating to watch as KDB and Muller with all the wastefull attempts to create for his teammates. Pathetic ;)

On a serious note: 6 key passes in 30min is really impressive even against Barnsley.
Heart of the team!

Talk about having an agenda :lol:

It's hard to make too strong judgements from last night as the opposition was so dogshit, but I've long felt the 'problem' with Bruno is really an issue of the players around him. If you play counter attacking football he'll hit runners beyond for fun, if you try and play football with quick interchanges he'll join up with teammates for fun.

His only issue is when you have a disjointed team when the players stand around literally not doing anything, which sadly has been the attacking 'plan' for most of his career here. In those cases he'll try and force passes that aren't on and give the ball away repeatedly, and even then he'll still create chances from nothing.

He's never going to be a player who takes particular care of the ball, but he can be a useful cog in a team playing literally any style of football, so long as there is actually something such as a 'style of football'.

And some of the criticism is so over the top it's mental. Like this particular point:

Which completely ignores the fact that he played the exact same pass about 5 minutes later in a slick bit of interchange with Zirkzee that led directly to Eriksen's goal.

Creative players are going to give the ball away in frustrating ways trying things that other players on the pitch wouldn't try, the fact that Bruno tries such things is why he's created the most chances in the Premier League two seasons in a row.

Looked comfortable yesterday, when he can use his instincts while players give him options he's great. He can't play the slow game and loses the ball when he needs to think what to do with it, but it's fine, we have other players for buildup/ keeping possession.

it will be something when the assists start coming from multiple players within the forward line, midfield and full back for each other and not solely resting on Bruno’s shoulders. That’s been our and his main issue. If you stifle him he looks crap and so do we. I just hope we don’t waste his last few years of peak football getting it wrong or expecting him to singlehandedly carry us when it comes to creativity and leadership

Hope he has more bad games like these for us where he gets 2 assists in 30 mins.

The agenda posting on this site makes it unbearable at times. When did this become the norm? It's spread through the site like a cancer.

So many posters that seem to hate our players more than the opposition fans do. Once they've decided they dislike said player, they absolutely cannot bring themselves to give that player even the slightest credit for anything they might ever do. There will always be a reason why, despite all available evidence, the person that seemingly did really well was in fact shite.

It is possible to think a player isn't right for the club yet still be able to acknowledge that they make a positive contribution at times.

Have to agree. So the guy looks somewhat good against a 3rd rate team. Watch the first 10 min against Southhampton, Bruno gave a poor pass to Rashford, then ended up on his butt going up for the ball, then was taken off it so easily at center. If the guy could put say 5 good games together, where he was leading the team, working hard and making consecutive plays that would be one thing. This guy makes 6 or 7 poor plays, then 1 decent one and he is a hero. The standards and expectations have dropped.

it will be something when the assists start coming from multiple players within the forward line, midfield and full back for each other and not solely resting on Bruno’s shoulders. That’s been our and his main issue. If you stifle him he looks crap and so do we. I just hope we don’t waste his last few years of peak football getting it wrong or expecting him to singlehandedly carry us when it comes to creativity and leadership
Well it was the case in the last 2 games already so I guess you should be feeling really positive about it. Amad, Eriksen had great games in terms of playmaking/creating chances, Bruno was a marginal figure in grand scheme of things, which is a good think as we're clearly progressing as a team to play more collaborative style of football.

:lol: you were half right - one of the last times we played without Bruno was against Crystal Palace...