2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Lyng

The same player that is consistently the best G/A at our club regardless of manager and season we have.
This season yes. Last season that was Rashford and the season before that it was Ronaldo.

romufc

This season yes. Last season that was Rashford and the season before that it was Ronaldo.
Fair enough, but he is still there as top 2/3 in our squad season in season out. Rashford goes from 30 to 10, whereas with Bruno since he has been at the club, you can rely on him to be up there every season.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Fair enough, but he is still there as top 2/3 in our squad season in season out. Rashford goes from 30 to 10, whereas with Bruno since he has been at the club, you can rely on him to be up there every season.
Exactly. And not just top 2/3. Consistently top 1 or 2 since he signed for us.

No other player has managed to stay in the top 3 for even just two seasons in a row. Bruno's just finished his fourth consecutive season in the top two.

G+A (all competitions)

2023/24
1. Bruno 28
2. Hojlund 18
3. Garnacho 15

2022/23
1. Rashford 40
2. Bruno 28
3. Casemiro 13

2021/22
1. Ronaldo 27
2. Bruno 24
3. Pogba 10

2020/21
1. Bruno 45
2. Rashford 34
3. Cavani 22

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
I was unable to dig up the tweet and I can't be bothered to fact check now, but apparently Bruno is the midfielder with the most goal contributions (G/A) and chances created in total in the top 5 European leagues since he joined us 4.5 years ago.

romufc

Exactly. And not just top 2/3. Consistently top 1 or 2 since he signed for us.

No other player has managed to stay in the top 3 for even just two seasons in a row. Bruno's just finished his fourth consecutive season in the top two.

G+A (all competitions)

2023/24
1. Bruno 28
2. Hojlund 18
3. Garnacho 15

2022/23
1. Rashford 40
2. Bruno 28
3. Casemiro 13

2021/22
1. Ronaldo 27
2. Bruno 24
3. Pogba 10

2020/21
1. Bruno 45
2. Rashford 34
3. Cavani 22
But he is the one holding us back! Just because in games we play crap his passing is 79% for this season playing in a team that doesnt keep the ball well.

Whereas the best ever CAM KDB has a 82% passing accuracy playing in a team that is purely possession based.

jem

Yes. If you like to throw in Bruno's consistency and Rashford's hot and cold history of professionality on the same bucket.
I agree Bruno is a top professional; therefore I wouldn’t worry about him getting all stroppy about not getting a significant pay raise after two above-average seasons. And if by some chance he does, I’d sell him. Otherwise, this ridiculous wage-cycle will continue.

Lyng

Oh absolutely and he is our best player by some distance.

Pogue Mahone

I agree Bruno is a top professional; therefore I wouldn’t worry about him getting all stroppy about not getting a significant pay raise after two above-average seasons. And if by some chance he does, I’d sell him. Otherwise, this ridiculous wage-cycle will continue.
See above. His only above average season was his very first full one. A season where all our attacking players filled their boots (not entirely sure why) Bruno’s three seasons since then have been extremely consistent, in terms of end product. Despite the other attacking players blowing hot and cold.

ItDoesntEvenMata

The same player that is consistently the best G/A at our club regardless of manager and season we have.
He also dominates every set piece opportunity we have and has the vast majority of play go through him. We're an unbalanced team for sure in terms of contributions across the board but his performance above is nothing like what he produces for us in terms of levels of control and balance.

It should be noted at well, that even in the early season when he had about 4 goals and 4 assists after 20 odd games, people were pointing to his performances against Luxembourg as some sign of world class when we could see he was miles off for us

romufc

He also dominates every set piece opportunity we have and has the vast majority of play go through him. We're an unbalanced team for sure in terms of contributions across the board but his performance above is nothing like what he produces for us in terms of levels of control and balance.

It should be noted at well, that even in the early season when he had about 4 goals and 4 assists after 20 odd games, people were pointing to his performances against Luxembourg as some sign of world class when we could see he was miles off for us
Yeah but how often do we score of set plays? Also lets not act as if he is a selfish penalty taker either, he gives the penalties to other players who need confidence.

That is what a captain does, giving penalties to Martial, Rashford so they can get their confidence up, regardless of if he is scoring or not.

It is shown that he can play in a team where you have control, for Portugal.

Also, I actually want my CAM to have some sort of freedom, if he wants to try a Hollywood ball, I am all up for it, because he has special passing abilities, no one can deny that.

The reason everything goes through him, our other players struggle to create, our wingers are selfish.

Pogue Mahone

Same as every other player with his role in every other team. Not sure what your point is here?

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
Set pieces should be illegal. We can't have someone do something good outside of open play. I also think that goals should be removed. The real battle is over who can keep the ball for longer.

romufc

Set pieces should be illegal. We can't have someone do something good outside of open play. I also think that goals should be removed. The real battle is over who can keep the ball for longer.
Wait. There also has to be a limit put in how many actions can go through Bruno. We cant have all our good actions going through him, we have to reduce that.

We need to get one of those.. daily amount hit, please wait till the next game before using the CAM as the creator.

Rolaholic

I was unable to dig up the tweet and I can't be bothered to fact check now, but apparently Bruno is the midfielder with the most goal contributions (G/A) and chances created in total in the top 5 European leagues since he joined us 4.5 years ago.

Finished the campaign with even more

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
Wait. There also has to be a limit put in how many actions can go through Bruno. We cant have all our good actions going through him, we have to reduce that.

We need to get one of those.. daily amount hit, please wait till the next game before using the CAM as the creator.
This is a very smart suggestion and I like it a lot. It will also create jobs! Opta will have to co-operate with the manager in real time and take off players who are too involved. And failure to comply will lead to red cards! There will be a second VAR room that monitors the Opta -> manager synergy.

romufc

This is a very smart suggestion and I like it a lot. It will also create jobs! Opta will have to co-operate with the manager in real time and take off players who are too involved. And failure to comply will lead to red cards! There will be a second VAR room that monitors the Opta -> manager synergy.
See, improving the game, taking creativity out the game, that's what its all about, being robots on the pitch now.

The same fans who moan about Bruno's passing % will also moan about McTominay saying he only passes sideways and backwards.

There is no winning, its like you can only play a through ball if you are 100% sure you will get the right speed, accuracy and have to understand where you are passing because sometimes you have clever defenders who cut it out.

Funny thing is, look at most of the big games we play and win, how often has Bruno played someone through on the transition? all because he didnt take 3/4 seconds on the ball and rushed the pass into Garnacho or Rashford? It happens at least 2 times a game Vs the big teams. As soon as he steps on the ball the player making the run is offside or the opponents will see it.

Kirk lazarus

Bruno is a very good player and he's in great form.

He comes out on top against all midfielders .
This is where I feel there is a bit of grey area .

Is he a midfielder ? ( For us )

I ask because I honestly don't know . Should he be judged as an attacker or a midfielder ?

I might be wrong on this , but another creative player he often gets compared to is odegard , but he does seem to be a right midfielder when I watch him.

jem

See above. His only above average season was his very first full one. A season where all our attacking players filled their boots (not entirely sure why) Bruno’s three seasons since then have been extremely consistent, in terms of end product. Despite the other attacking players blowing hot and cold.
But are you saying his first full season wasn’t as good as his last 3? My memory is admittedly dodgy, but I remember Bruno being great in his first full season.

FootballAI

But are you saying his first full season wasn’t as good as his last 3? My memory is admittedly dodgy, but I remember Bruno being great in his first full season.
I remember the same thing, he was exceptional in the 1st season (or the 2nd half of 2019-2020) when first came and won mutiple awards.

Vidooq

So, he is rated by INEOS as United’s finest footballer. However, he wants 300K salary, or we are willing to sell him for offers starting from 70m.

Pogue Mahone

His first full season was better. Although that was an unusual season, where all our attackers scored loads. Since then he’s been less productive but extremely consistent. So if he does get a pay rise, it’s not because of “two above-average” seasons. His most recent two seasons have been, if anything, below average.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Bruno being creative and productive has never been a problem.

The problem is he is a high risk player and loses the ball too many times when it's better to keep possession. He is also prone to creating many turnovers for the opposition which leaves the team vulnerable.

He needs to sacrifice a little bit of his risk and output to benefit the team better.

Eplel

The problem is he is a high risk player and loses the ball too many times when it's better to keep possession. He is also prone to creating many turnovers for the opposition which leaves the team vulnerable.

Any stats to back that up? How does he compare in this specific aspect with the rest of our players?

jem

His first full season was better. Although that was an unusual season, where all our attackers scored loads. Since then he’s been less productive but extremely consistent. So if he does get a pay rise, it’s not because of “two above-average” seasons. His most recent two seasons have been, if anything, below average.
oh I was being diplomatic with the ‘above-average’ line - very good in ETH’s first season; underwhelming in his second (despite some fantastic goals) - basically just splitting the difference. In short, I don’t think he deserves a pay-raise.

dan1509

Anyone wanting to increase his salary should watch his game against Croatia today. Played in midfield and just kept giving the ball away.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Why are the Portuguese media criticising him and Dalot for Portugal’s loss yesterday. Wasn’t just down to them. Bruno usually carries that Portugal team. Why not criticise Bernardo silva or Felix. Oh because they don’t play for Man United

Fobal

Supports
Liverpool
Why are the Portuguese media criticising him and Dalot for Portugal’s loss yesterday. Wasn’t just down to them. Bruno usually carries that Portugal team. Why not criticise Bernardo silva or Felix. Oh because they don’t play for Man United
Do you really think that Portuguese people and media care about United or any foreign club in particular? as much media from any country might have an agenda pro or against certain motherland clubs, not foreign ones.

Alpha 1

Anyone wanting to increase his salary should watch his game against Croatia today. Played in midfield and just kept giving the ball away.
That is the main problem with him and the reason why he isnt in the category of the best in his position. The hard stats (assists and chance creation) don't tell the whole story.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
That is the main problem with him and the reason why he isnt in the category of the best in his position. The hard stats (assists and chance creation) don't tell the whole story.
Yet some of the top players and managers in the game say otherwise.

Pogue Mahone

How about the stats from the game you’re talking about? 88% pass completion and we’re being told he “kept giving the ball away”. People just see what they want to see with Bruno.

Alpha 1

Yet some of the top players and managers in the game say otherwise.
I'll just give you an example of this last forgettable season, he was dreadful for most of it. The main reason? Treating the ball like a hot potato. Come end of season, people look at the stats and forget everything else.
How about the stats from the game you’re talking about? 88% pass completion and we’re being told he “kept giving the ball away”. People just see what they want to see with Bruno.
Giving away the ball is a major problem with him. I'm not basing that on this game because I did not watch it.

NZT-One

Give it some time. I am sure Statman Dave will find something to post, Scandi, Romu and Pogue will make their attempts to be funny and all will be good again.

Since when is a misplaced pass the only way to give a ball for me? And just a gentle offering of food for thought - if people would be a little less obnoxious after good performances, maybe they also would be a little less obnoxious after a not so good one. I might be wrong though, this is a crazy place where the average time to lose all memory is about 3-4 weeks.

Pogue Mahone

Give it some time. I am sure Statman Dave will find something post, Scandi, Romu and Pogue will make their attempts to be funny and all will be good again.

Since when is a misplaced pass the only way to give a ball for me?
You’re so unbelievably tiresome in this thread I’m not sure why I’m engaging with you but we both know that a midfielder with 88% pass completion is not compatible with a description of his performance as “kept giving the ball away” seeing as misplaced passes are by far the most common way that possession is lost.

Eplel

You’re so unbelievably tiresome in this thread I’m not sure why I’m engaging with you but we both know that a midfielder with 88% pass completion is not compatible with a description of his performance as “kept giving the ball away” seeing as misplaced passes are by far the most common way that possession is lost.
I've said it before of that user and several other Bruno haters, most of their criticism is made up.

Fobal

Supports
Liverpool
Not a pun, just as a side note, but Bruno lacks composure when having the ball, he has matches that he looses the ball frequently when pressured and in not few ocasions he also rushes his passes because of it.
The thing with him it's that he always shows what he likes to do, what are his best and worse atributes and what it's actually unfair to him, its when the tactics and strategy of the team does not help him taking in account what he brings to the table.