5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

NZT-One

Again you keep claiming neutrality but then come up with things like this:
Look one post above yourself.

(also how is that not neutral?! I am not arguing against the player or the stats he generates, I am arguing against some of the debate)

Pickle85

Look one post above yourself.

(also how is that not neutral?! I am not arguing against the player or the stats he generates, I am arguing against some of the debate)
You, sir, to use the parlance of our times are a "hater"!

NZT-One

It was a silly comparison to make a point that didn't need making.
Ok, then I guess you'll have to send me your email adress and I will do my best to send you my posts before sending for you to confirm whether it is a point that needs to be made. :D

James35

I for one certainly do not want him to leave. For me he is currently our best player by some distance.

Hoping he has a great Euros and helps Portugal to win it.

afatzp

If we apply some business sense and rational here, then easily the move management should take is do nothing.

We don't need to extend Bruno. He is on 220K/week , appropriately paid if not over already , and current contract till 2026 with 1-year add-on . By 2027, he will be 33 Year old. We can part way or renew with less role and wage so he can stay to pass on experience to next generation. Completely comfortable position we have with his contract.

The new management also dare not sell him at all. He is the fan favorite and best performer in the squad. You don't rebuild by selling your best; that would be the worst message that can be sent from the new management team.

Bruno wise , he would not leave as well if no big fat contract offered to him . The only better paid offer he could receive would be from Saudi . Knowing his competitive mindset , he would not join Saudi at this moment . All the noise we hear from media is just his agent's tactics to get him a new salary deal. No need to fall for that if we are sure he would not leave anyway.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
If we apply some business sense and rational here, then easily the move management should take is do nothing.

We don't need to extend Bruno. He is on 220K/week , appropriately paid if not over already , and current contract till 2026 with 1-year add-on . By 2027, he will be 33 Year old. We can part way or renew with less role and wage so he can stay to pass on experience to next generation. Completely comfortable position we have with his contract.

The new management also dare not sell him at all. He is the fan favorite and best performer in the squad. You don't rebuild by selling your best; that would be the worst message that can be sent from the new management team.

Bruno wise , he would not leave as well if no big fat contract offered to him . The only better paid offer he could receive would be from Saudi . Knowing his competitive mindset , he would not join Saudi at this moment . All the noise we hear from media is just his agent's tactics to get him a new salary deal. No need to fall for that if we are sure he would not leave anyway.
Well, I hope you don't own a business. In business world, you reward your best staff, with either promotion or monetary. The best way to kill staff motivation is by company doing nothing, while he can see others are getting paid way more while doing much less.

AndySmith1990

Well, I hope you don't own a business. In business world, you reward your best staff, with either promotion or monetary. The best way to kill staff motivation is by company doing nothing, while he can see others are getting paid way more while doing much less.
The only ones who are getting paid more are Rashford and Sancho. No doubt Ineos will see those contracts as mistakes. You don't rectify the problem by bumping up the contracts of other players to match or better Rashford and Sancho. You simply get rid of Rashford and Sancho, then Bruno becomes the highest earner

jem

I like Bruno. But any player looking for a pay rise after that season needs to read the room better

it’s clear as day that’s what he’s looking for
I feel the same. I'm struggling to think what he has done in the last 2 years to justify a 100k pay raise. We can't keep compounding mistakes - Rashford and especially Sancho should never have been those salaries, but giving Bruno a salary that matches theirs still doesn't make sense, in my opinion.

FrankWhite

Not Frank White
The only ones who are getting paid more are Rashford and Sancho. No doubt Ineos will see those contracts as mistakes. You don't rectify the problem by bumping up the contracts of other players to match or better Rashford and Sancho. You simply get rid of Rashford and Sancho, then Bruno becomes the highest earner
Agreed. It also sets a tone for the future. No doubt other players will be paying attention to how this is handled. Our goal is be competitive with the top paying clubs, not bribe players with more than they deserve.

jem

Exactly, and I'm hoping Bruno would see the reason in that, and if he doesn't, then let's cash in on him while we can.

Ole'sgunnarwin

Or he's seen us spending stupid money on older players with huge contracts for years and years, finding them difficult to flog and regretting that decision time and time again.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Or he's seen us spending stupid money on older players with huge contracts for years and years, finding them difficult to flog and regretting that decision time and time again.
If you think like that he'll be useless in coming years, might as well sell him now.

Otherwise, regardless that it is past mistake, those higher paid and doing less players are still here within the Club to be seen.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
I feel the same. I'm struggling to think what he has done in the last 2 years to justify a 100k pay raise. We can't keep compounding mistakes - Rashford and especially Sancho should never have been those salaries, but giving Bruno a salary that matches theirs still doesn't make sense, in my opinion.
Now look at it from Bruno's perspective. A player not good enough to hold down a starting position and a player not good enough to hold his spot on the team are being paid more than him.

He should obviously be our highest paid player. We might not have a reason to make him that considering it was a mistake to give the others that kind of money but he absolutely should be thinking that.

I'd be fine with selling off all the players that are being paid more than him if that's what it takes to make him the highest paid player.

FootballAI

Now look at it from Bruno's perspective. A player not good enough to hold down a starting position and a player not good enough to hold his spot on the team are being paid more than him.

He should obviously be our highest paid player. We might not have a reason to make him that considering it was a mistake to give the others that kind of money but he absolutely should be thinking that.

I'd be fine with selling off all the players that are being paid more than him if that's what it takes to make him the highest paid player.
I agree with this solution. We should get rid of Casemiro, Rashford and Sancho not only because they are the undeserved highest paid players but also to send a strong message to the rest of the squad.

I still think Bruno deserves a pay rise, but maybe 10% increase to motivate him but not the stupid figures we agreed in the past.

FootballAI

I could see Bruno staying with us beyond 33 years old, considering he is a smart player that doesn't require a lot of pace to beat defenders, like a Federer's type instead of Nadal's.

I can also see more top European clubs want him, not just Bayern. It would be unsettling to our best player if we do not have some sort of pay increase to motivate him, perhaps in the 10-15% range. How is he feeling when Rashford is sitting on 50% higher than him while doing jackshit? Imagine ourselves in a company, we would feel the same thing if such discrepancy takes place.

jem

The case of Marcus Rashford provides a pretty strong rebuttal against your line of reasoning.

jem

I'd be absolutely fine with that as well, but if it's not possible (at let's face it, it'll take some doing to get Rashford and Sancho off the books,) then I'd also be fine with either selling Bruno for a healthy sum or keeping him on for another year or two at his current rate.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
The case of Marcus Rashford provides a pretty strong rebuttal against your line of reasoning.
Yes. If you like to throw in Bruno's consistency and Rashford's hot and cold history of professionality on the same bucket.

Martial

A world-class goal, by a world-class player. No wonder Bayern Munich and Barcelona want him.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
The mistake was giving those contracts to players that don’t deserve them. Which doesn’t apply here.

romufc

He deserves to be the best paid player, not saying we should pay him more than Sancho and Rashford, instead we should show the team that you dont become the best paid player by doing nothing. Get rid of Rashford and Sancho and have Bruno as the highest paid.

He deserves to be out best paid for various reasons
1. He is club captain.
2. He is always available
3. He is consistent, his stats regardless of manager and our season, he is up there.
4. After every loss, he is the one to speak to the media, not like other players who only speak when we win.

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
He deserves to be the best paid player, not saying we should pay him more than Sancho and Rashford, instead we should show the team that you dont become the best paid player by doing nothing. Get rid of Rashford and Sancho and have Bruno as the highest paid.

He deserves to be out best paid for various reasons
1. He is club captain.
2. He is always available
3. He is consistent, his stats regardless of manager and our season, he is up there.
4. After every loss, he is the one to speak to the media, not like other players who only speak when we win.
Might be a bit overlapping but...

5. He is our best player.
6. He has delivered actual results (some of the best AM stats in Europe, 3x POTY etc)
7. He is a hard worker.
8. He has been around for a while now (i.e. not a fresh arrival)

In the spirit of meritocracy (which should be a given when it comes to sports), there is no doubt that he should be our top earner. Not only is it fair, but it's healthy too.

romufc

Might be a bit overlapping but...

5. He is our best player.
6. He has delivered actual results (some of the best AM stats in Europe, 3x POTY etc)
7. He is a hard worker.
8. He has been around for a while now (i.e. not a fresh arrival)

In the spirit of meritocracy (which should be a given when it comes to sports), there is no doubt that he should be our top earner. Not only is it fair, but it's healthy too.
Yep. Thats how I see it but there is many who feel we will win things only when Bruno leaves.

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
but there is many who feel we will win things only when Bruno leaves.
I have to admit that I have stopped taking their opinion seriously. There's "different opinions" and then there's... Whatever the hell you call that.

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
60 touches. 50 passes. If I'm reading that right it means almost all his passes were one touch passes, with 92 % accuracy. That's insane.

Captmfla

Is there anyone with a better goals to match ratio then Bruno in international football in current times?

FootballAI

I’ve just watched the highlights, what a player he is when he’s on song.

Every time he got on the ball Portugal looked dangerous and you can see the respect he has from the rest of the team.
Portugal won't win the tournament this time as long as Ronaldo is still around. Shame that they have such a strong squad in most position, arguably 2nd strongest in this tournament and can be rated as 9/10 comparing to England

Bruno often became less effective whenever Ronaldo was on the pitch. Bruno's strength is creativity in passing and quick shooting, but he won't be able to any of that when the team has a twat running around screaming for ball all the time and not letting his teammates decide what is best in each situation. No manager of Portugal national team is brave enough to stop calling Ronaldo, one should've have done so at least in the last world cup.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
60 touches. 50 passes. If I'm reading that right it means almost all his passes were one touch passes, with 92 % accuracy. That's insane.
A 'touch' in the stats isn't literally every touch of the ball, it's each time he was in possession.

If you control the ball, dribble a few yards, and lay the ball off to a teammate, that's just one touch in the stats.

romufc

Top player, disrespected by many on here.

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
A 'touch' in the stats isn't literally every touch of the ball, it's each time he was in possession.

If you control the ball, dribble a few yards, and lay the ball off to a teammate, that's just one touch in the stats.
That makes more sense.

ForeverRed1

This is an option yes but I’ll be shocked if they sell rashford. Another option is add some bonuses for performance. If he doesn’t have them on already. He is bang to rights to be our highest earner, fair and square. If they are going to increase his pay I hope they also add a realistic release clause in his contract too. If someone wants to pay us 100mil+ for him him, they can talk. Non of this low balling we’d get from Bayern.

If they have any ambition they won’t sell our best player and centre piece, they will build around him.

ItDoesntEvenMata

Top player, disrespected by many on here.
There's also a stark difference between the same player having these stats last night with a 92% pass completion rate and then the same player, captaining our club to a 3-0 loss against Bournemouth etc with a pass rate in the low 60%s

I’ve just watched the highlights, what a player he is when he’s on song.

Every time he got on the ball Portugal looked dangerous and you can see the respect he has from the rest of the team.
Portgual also had 74% of possession in this game, total control, which is something many on here would have you believe impossible with Bruno in the team.

romufc

There's also a stark difference between the same player having these stats last night with a 92% pass completion rate and then the same player, captaining our club to a 3-0 loss against Bournemouth etc with a pass rate in the low 60%s
The same player that is consistently the best G/A at our club regardless of manager and season we have.