Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
ah so you sidestepped again?

Nice.

I list a Premier League career because comparing Kevin Phillips with Alan Shearer or Eric Cantona after one good season would be moronic.

Regarding Rice, he had exactly the same stats this season for non penalty G&A as Ødegaard (16 vs 16), so if we’re saying Bruno is average because of Rice & Rodri, what does that make the Norwegian when a guy in his own well performing team playing much much deeper than him is matching him? :confused:

Ødegaard in a well functioning side, playing as an AM managed 6 non penalty PL goals, and 10 assists. Bruno in our shit team managed to match those goals (6) and had 8 assists.
Well done for schooling that absolute weapon (who I reckon is a returnee)

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Did you not watch the FA Cup final?
Its crazy the hate Bruno gets from our own fans, eh?

Only last season the man played at centre back on one leg in a Man Utd vs Liverpool derby and scored from the halfway line in another. He also provided the assist for the winner in a Cup final Manchester derby.

Come on the CAF: Not a big game player. :lol:

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Its crazy the hate Bruno gets from our own fans, eh?

Only last season the man played at centre back on one leg in a Man Utd vs Liverpool derby and scored from the halfway line in another. He also provided the assist for the winner in a Cup final Manchester derby.

Come on the CAF: Not a big game player. :lol:
If you went on the caf after either of the 2 Liverpool games, you'd have thought he set up two of their goals and got sent off. The caf is a strange place sometimes.

roonster09

FA Cup Predictions 2023/2024 winner
Scout
Bruno not doing well against low block? Shocker.
So Bruno doesn't play well against low block (which is usually midtable and lower table) and also doesn't play well in big games (which is against top clubs).

pacifictheme

The biggest issue with that Portugal team is Ronaldo. Put Jota in there and I think they win that game comfortably. Feels like the players show him way too much respect, like they are playing to help him rather than as a team. He takes all the free kicks and is fecking terrible at them. It's mental.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He had a few bottom level games like that here last season, particularly in the early-middle portion of last season.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
He was doing alright in the final third, distributing the ball wide and some decent crosses in. The problem is, as always, when he's playing deeper, he's more of a trouble than a solution. Apart from losing the ball in dangerous situations, he's also not partucularly good at progressing the ball if there's no long ball option. This just isn't his game, and we have another manager pretending otherwise.

the_cliff

Worst performance from Bruno for Portugal that I've seen. Tbf to him the majority of the attack/midfield played badly. Bernardo was just as bad. He's usually a lot better for Portugal and looking forward to seeing him against France.

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
He had a few bottom level games like that here last season, particularly in the early-middle portion of last season.
I'm sure he had one or two comparable games at his absolute lowest point, but I struggle to remember a particular game that was just as bad. Bruno on a dead average day still creates 2 or 3 chances whilst keeping a pass accuracy close to 80% and he doesn't really get dispossessed that often either.

I don't have the stats from yesterday, but the first half in particular was brutal. Created nothing, missed half his passes and got dispossessed multiple times. He was better in the second half in the sense that he became less visible.

He was doing alright in the final third, distributing the ball wide and some decent crosses in. The problem is, as always, when he's playing deeper, he's more of a trouble than a solution. Apart from losing the ball in dangerous situations, he's also not partucularly good at progressing the ball if there's no long ball option. This just isn't his game, and we have another manager pretending otherwise.
Yesterday he was a bigger problem when he was higher on the pitch (1st half). He just had a very bad day.

Kirk lazarus

Watching the game , it seems Portugal have the same issue that United have . When he's good , he's very good . When he isn't , he gets left on regardless.

I don't understand how taking vitinna off and moving Bruno back was a better option than leaving vittina on and subbing Bruno .

Really good penalty though.

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
Watching the game , it seems Portugal have the same issue that United have . When he's good , he's very good . When he isn't , he gets left on regardless.
Not really comparable. Bruno is usually one of Portugal's top performers. He hardly ever has a bad game for them. Taking him off at the first instance of trouble could be interpreted as needlessly harsh, even though he was arguably their worst player.

I also think Portugal needed a moment of magic yesterday, as they weren't playing well as a team either. Players like Bruno will typically get to stay on because they can deliver that crazy pass even when everything else goes wrong.

Parma Dewol

I thought he looked physically knackered. Don't have the stats to back it up, but sure does seem like he's played a lot of minutes, both for us and Portugal. He seems supremely fit, but everyone has a limit.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Not really comparable. Bruno is usually one of Portugal's top performers. He hardly ever has a bad game for them. Taking him off at the first instance of trouble could be interpreted as needlessly harsh, even though he was arguably their worst player.

I also think Portugal needed a moment of magic yesterday, as they weren't playing well as a team either. Players like Bruno will typically get to stay on because they can deliver that crazy pass even when everything else goes wrong.
I think he was probably kept on as the player most likely to finally drop a cross onto Ronaldo’s head.

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
I think he was probably kept on as the player most likely to finally drop a cross onto Ronaldo’s head.
True. It's a damn shame for Portugal that simply hitting Ronaldo with a pass in a good position no longer leads to much danger for the opposition.

Kirk lazarus

He is I agree .

I said earlier in this thread , that this tournament ( for me ) will define wether he is good or great .

He is a key , if not the key player for Portugal , as he is for us . He's got lots of recognition/ plaudits for his Portugal performances, rightly so . I just don't think there has been enough games against quality opposition to get a true idea of how good this Bruno inspired Portugal are .

That's not me putting it all on Bruno's shoulders , other players have to perform aswell.

I hope Bruno can prove himself amongst the games best , because to win these competitions , a teams best/key players have to perform .

The reason I have him pegged as good / very good , but not great , is because I think he has very obvious weaknesses for the role / position he plays . I don't deny his strengths . He has many .

Vidooq

So Bruno doesn't play well against low block (which is usually midtable and lower table) and also doesn't play well in big games (which is against top clubs).
I don't agree with the second part of your post. He is a much better player, and much more suited to play where there is space in front of him and willing runners behind. He can be devastating for the opposition in this setup. However, he does struggle against an opposition that likes to sit deep, we've seen this on more than one occasion.