2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Kirk lazarus

I thought he was good in the first half . This will either be a defining tournament for him , or it won't .

This is only my opinion , I don't mean it sound harsh , cos there's no doubting his creativity . I am just not sure what level he actually is . I know he's good , I want him to be great , I just struggle to put him there .

Valencia Shin Crosses

Martinez going to predictably feck Portugal over with his setup it seems. I don't think Ronaldo was bad (thought he actually looked sharp today), but he's not a field stretcher anymore so playing 5 defenders and Bernardo on the right means there's only one outlet in Leao. Think they'd be far better off dropping Cancelo or Mendes and putting Neto out on the right as another take on threat.

NZT-One

The question in this forum is rarely if we can be prime tiki-taka-Barcelona but if we play a dominant, active way or just counter attacking way of football.
Not sure if I merely misunderstand your point but there is definitely not a question whether we do actually play a dominant way. We don't. It wasn't there last season, it certainly wasn't there this season. But guess you meant the question is whether Bruno would be suited to the different approaches.

He obviously can. I think he could as well flourish, when he has a competent set of defenders and midfielders to build the play around him. Maybe not beeing that much on the focus but provide the team with sparkles when needed.
Well lets face it, your opinion is as good as anybodies on here. But there isn't much to bring more substance to either side - whether he would flourish in a possession heavier style or not. At this point, this isn't as much on Bruno himself, its on us - we haven't played or even attempted to play like that, so we simply don't know. International football isn't the greatest indicator though I agree, he looks a little more measured there as he did for us on a lot of occasions.
I maintain my doubts - possession heavy would mean forcing possession even in areas that are contested by the opponent. So not like Van Gaals United who were happy to play passes from one CB to the other but almost never move the ball in tighter areas. When it gets more tight, Bruno will have to find a way to deal with it, I wouldn't call him nimble or as having quick feet, he definitely doesn't have the upper body strength to make it work this way. Lets see, how things will go down. I guess, ETH certainly isn't the one to take us to some tiki-taka level, so his sort of dominance will probably always be pressing, forcing turnovers and situationally luring opposition teams onto us so we can create artificial counters. I certainly wouldn't say Bruno is unsuited to that.

Captain Dangernoodle

Adore the man.

If he can ever drag us to a title, he gets into legend/icon territory.
With all respect to Bruno Fernandes as I love that he plays for us, but he is not a player that can drag us to a title. In my opinion he can definitely be part of a title winning team, but he wont take us there himself. His numbers in the Premier League - if you take away penalties - are average, especially for someone who plays every minute of every game. If he is going to drag us to a title, he needs to seriously improve his goal scoring ability, because it is mediocre for an attacking midfielder. 6 goals in the PL in his last two seasons penalties excluded is not good enough to be carrying any team to a title.

jesperjaap

Out come the stats again to show how world class he is and people hoping he an inspire us to the title after a good last couple of monthsof the season.

Short term memories, do people forget he was pretty awful for most of the season. An inform Fernandes is obviously a great asset but bar hos first 15months here, Fernandes over a season needs a rest at best and certainly more competition if not performing, hopefullymount can stay fit this year and give that