Brexited | the worst threads live the longest

Do you think there will be a Deal or No Deal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
:lol: Look at the poll narrowing now. Do those of us who predicted a last-minute deal throughout get to claim our prize now?

A deal is better than no deal.

Anyone know anything about travel? Would we need a visa etc. to go Europe?
Not for trips of less than 90 days. You'll need travel insurance though, as the EHIC isn't valid any more. You won't be able to travel for a while in any case, as the EU isn't allowing non-essential travel for non-Europeans because of Covid (so don't book a winter holiday).

Not for trips of less than 90 days. You'll need travel insurance though, as the EHIC isn't valid any more. You won't be able to travel for a while in any case, as the EU isn't allowing non-essential travel for non-Europeans because of Covid (so don't book a winter holiday).

That's not bad then, sucks about the EHIC though.

Yeah, no travel (except Netherlands I think). That's a seperate issue, but we really should make COVID tests mandatory for exit and entry

Now watch for the super spinning from the new self proclaimed national hero Boris Johnson.
Forget about everything else. All is right in the world...

I loathe this “man”.
I'll mimick his celebration if I ever get to fulfill my dream of stabbing him multiple times with a soldering iron, Henry: Portait of a Serial Killer style.

Thought a deal would happen. Its in the best interests of both parties let's be honest.
so did I. IMO I think there has been a bit of political theatre, plus Johnson can have a narrative of giving the UK a Christmas present by "getting Brexit done"

so did I. IMO I think there has been a bit of political theatre, plus Johnson can have a narrative of giving the UK a Christmas present by "getting Brexit done"

Exactly. Bit of a good news after all the bad this week. It suits everyone. They'll now be spin on both sides with regards to who has the better deal but ultimately it will suit all parties equally and we move on.

Seriously though congrats to the UK on your independence from the awful EU, I wish we got our independence from you as easily but obviously we didn't have a great leader like BJ at the helm 100 years ago. Sure you may as well give us back NI now so to really get that whole one island nation mentality going strong.

So it turns out not to be the oven ready deal Boris promised but a microwave one!

Seriously though congrats to the UK on your independence from the awful EU, I wish we got our independence from you as easily but obviously we didn't have a great leader like BJ at the helm 100 years ago. Sure you may as well give us back NI now so to really get that whole one island nation mentality going strong.

James Connolly is no match for our Doris.

Exactly. Bit of a good news after all the bad this week. It suits everyone. They'll now be spin on both sides with regards to who has the better deal but ultimately it will suit all parties equally and we move on.

The fact you don’t know what is in the deal but you have already decided it suits everyone equally is the most explicit form of confirmation bias you can have. The party with the better hand gets the better deal. They never start with the same hand. That’s just how negotiations work. A particularly strong negotiation can overcome that power imbalance but there has been no evidence of that from either side.

The fact you don’t know what is in the deal but you have already decided it suits everyone equally is the most explicit form of confirmation bias you can have. The party with the better hand gets the better deal. They never start with the same hand. That’s just how negotiations work. A particularly strong negotiation can overcome that power imbalance but there has been no evidence of that from either side.

Take a day off. Its Christmas.

no one knows the details yet.

surely you can acknowledge this is good news (without going over old ground on the referendum).

I’m sure some people will enjoy reading through 2000 pages. But the vast majority won’t give it a second glance.

Got to say I'm a bit confused by this. Has the docs been released yet? As if this is non tariff, being allowed full access to the EU market while being able to do our own trade deals.. Isn't that what the leave campaign said we'd get?

no one knows the details yet.

surely you can acknowledge this is good news (without going over old ground on the referendum).

I’m sure some people will enjoy reading through 2000 pages. But the vast majority won’t give it a second glance.

Yes I think you can quite easily say that any deal is better than no deal. You don’t need to see the details of it. Saying both sides got an equally good deal without seeing the details is just make believe. It is normal people do that after, use the information that supports their argument as “evidence” and use the information that refutes their argument as “spin”. It’s just a particularly striking example that people explicitly do that before they have even seen the details. They know the position they are going to take before it is even possible to take that position. The facts don’t dictate that position, they just want that to be true, so it must be true.

Farage seems to be satisfied with the deal. Is that a clue that it’s a good one for Brexiteers or are they just trying a con to make out it’s one?

He is not in any position to know the details of the deal yet. He is speaking from an position without knowing the details. He just coming out with some bluster to try sound like he won an victory from an PR perspective.

Got to say I'm a bit confused by this. Has the docs been released yet? As if this is non tariff, being allowed full access to the EU market while being able to do our own trade deals.. Isn't that what the leave campaign said we'd get?

No it's not released yet and still has to be agreed by the UK and EU parliaments but being outside the Custom's Union already meant that the UK can negotiate their own agreements which was not part of this agreement but in the Withdrawal Agreement.from January 2020

Yes I think you can quite easily say that any deal is better than no deal. You don’t need to see the details of it. Saying both sides got an equally good deal without seeing the details is just make believe. It is normal people do that after, use the information that supports their argument as “evidence” and use the information that refutes their argument as “spin”. It’s just a particularly striking example that people explicitly do that before they have even seen the details. They know the position they are going to take before it is even possible to take that position. The facts don’t dictate that position, they just want that to be true, so it must be true.

there will always people who jump up and down and cheer a result, without knowing the detail. Likewise all those who ridicule the same people, based purely on their pre-determined bias/ perspective/ political viewpoint.

we have seen this on the last couple of pages in this thread.

What better way to spend a lockdown Christmas Day than reading 2,000 pages of a technical international trade agreement. Who's with me?