Brexited | the worst threads live the longest

Do you think there will be a Deal or No Deal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That's why I initially called it a disguised extension, they say that they will accept the WA and that by 2020 they should be members of EFTA and a CU with the EU which would dissolve the backstop.

Sounds like remaining in the EU would be a better idea and they could have a vote and don't need Norway's permission.

Isnt this what fom is all about? Sending the unemployed from crap countries to find work in the north / west of europe. Solves nothing back home but does allow a person to support their families from distance. Si wrong i hate it.
Nonsense, and the baltic states along with Poland are the prime examples of how open borders can have a significant positive spillover effect on the home economy in multiple ways.

I don't understand the question of common market 2.0 because that would mean we just voted to have our lip zipped, we will have no voice and no veto on EU matters regardless of free movement and common market, etc. Can't we just revoke article 50 and just remain in the EU.

I don't understand the question of common market 2.0 because that would mean we just voted to have our lip zipped, we will have no voice and no veto on EU matters regardless of free movement and common market, etc. Can't we just revoke article 50 and just remain in the EU.
I think that’s the preferred choice from EU perspective, less ultra right wingers in the parliament that have no intention on improving the current apparatus and are just there to oppose and disturb.

Huh? I thought May gave them a free vote and only the main cabinet were required to abstain?

You're right, my bad.

The cabinet ministers are 22, including the PM. So if one of the proposals is going to make a compelling case then the Yays need to outnumber the Nays by at least that much I guess.

As much as I agree with you and it makes no sense, politically they can get away with that as an option as they will say that we don't have to follow EU laws any more and can make our own - only laws pertaining to trade will need to be followed.

Not sure what's wrong with what he said?

I'm not an avid reader of this thread, but I have noticed that you seem to take every possible opportunity to attack labour.

I have been attacking Tories just as much. Corbyn's (impossible) deal is not on the table. Labour unfortunately are led by an idiot.

Not sure what's wrong with what he said?

I'm not an avid reader of this thread, but I have noticed that you seem to take every possible opportunity to attack labour.

Whereas the Tories are really coming through unscathed on this thread, bravo.

I have been attacking Tories just as much. Corbyn's (impossible) deal is not on the table. Labour unfortunately are led by an idiot.

This whole brexit fiasco is a tory mess from start to finish.

I disagree that Corbyn is an idiot, but if that's your opinion then so be it. I really do fail to see however, how his level of idiocy comes even close to that of a long list of tories.

I disagree that Corbyn is an idiot, but if that's your opinion then so be it. I really do fail to see however, how his level of idiocy comes even close to that of a long list of tories.

Because the WA put forward by the EU is all that is available.

Very few of the politicians will come out of this mess with any credit.
Maybe the whole thing was started by the Tories and most of them have been hopeless.

There are many reasons why I say it but one of the reasons is that the deal he wants is impossible, that it has been rejected already 3 times by parliament and not even selected today and still criticises May for the WA which is feasible and could actually achieve something. It can't achieve cancelling Brexit but Corbyn doesn't want to cancel Brexit.

No it wasn’t. It was the only one available because of Theresa May’s self imposed red lines. That’s all.

No, it's not.

The EU have long said that if we are prepared to drop May's red lines, then the WA can of course be reopened.

Dropping the 'red lines' kind of pointless, it essentially means we leave the EU in name only. May's 'red lines' allow us to appease the xenophobes who voted for Brexit*, while limiting the economic damage of leaving the CU and SM.

Ultimately this is going to be a choice between remain or a no deal brexit, given May's deal is dead.

*Disclaimer: I know not everyone who voted for Brexit is a xenophobe, but May's track record has proven she is and the ERG pressure group are, and I am sure there are plenty of people, who when it comes down to it would prefer to hear fewer foreign languages on our streets.

Regarding the thread title, it's not actually preferential voting, is it? It's straight ayes v noes?

Dropping the 'red lines' kind of pointless, it essentially means we leave the EU in name only. May's 'red lines' allow us to appease the xenophobes who voted for Brexit, while limiting the economic damage of leaving the CU and SM.

Ultimately this is going to be a choice between remain or a no deal brexit, given May's deal is dead.

Well that I can agree with. But my point was that I can't blame Corbyn for that position, when essentially as you say, the only other two options are no deal or no brexit. Taking a no brexit position would have hurt Labour more, in the short term at least.

Dropping the 'red lines' kind of pointless, it essentially means we leave the EU in name only. May's 'red lines' allow us to appease the xenophobes who voted for Brexit*, while limiting the economic damage of leaving the CU and SM.

*Disclaimer: I know not everyone who voted for Brexit is a xenophobe, but May's track record has proven she is and the ERG pressure group are, and I am sure there are plenty of people, who when it comes down to it would prefer to hear fewer foreign languages on our streets.

Someone should organise a team of people to follow Farage around and speak to him non-stop in all different foreign languages - that should p!ss him off a little. Any volunteers?

Well that I can agree with. But my point was that I can't blame Corbyn for that position, when essentially as you say, the only other two options are no deal or no brexit. Taking a no brexit position would have hurt Labour more, in the short term at least.

Labour is a no brexit party, if it's the Tories doing the brexit. They could put Labour's exact 'deal' to the House and I have a feeling Corbyn would still have Labour vote against it. Corbyn just wants to be a thorn in the side.

Someone should organise a team of people to follow Farage around and speak to him non-stop in all different foreign languages - that should p!ss him off a little. Any volunteers?

@SteveJ can speak welsh, that's like 13 or 14 languages and alphabets at once.

Labour is a no brexit party, if it's the Tories doing the brexit. They could put Labour's exact 'deal' to the House and I have a feeling Corbyn would still have Labour vote against it. Corbyn just wants to be a thorn in the side.

And that's what makes him an idiot, in your eyes?

I still haven't heard a sensible solution for the Irish border in a No Deal scenario.

Labour's political opportunism has been terrible, trying to spin a general election. The SNP just as bad, trying to get another Indy Ref. Then you have the Tories, who have until now been pretty insular in their approach to Brexit and have done little to inspire confidence in the opposition benches.