Brexited | the worst threads live the longest

Do you think there will be a Deal or No Deal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So assuming the deal either gets voted down again or isn't changed so no vote can take place what then happens on 12th April?

We agree to a long extension including taking part in European elections?

Or?
The most sensible option - revoke Article 50

So assuming the deal either gets voted down again or isn't changed so no vote can take place what then happens on 12th April?

Or?

May said about 3/4 times she didn't want to take part in the European elections when she just spoke, and she made is explicitly clear we're definitely still leaving.

That only leaves her deal or no deal. And we all know her deal will be shot down so...

Or?
From May herself:
"Or, if we don't get that deal through, then before the 12 April we have to come forward with another plan and if that plan means a further extension, it means standing in those European parliamentary elections."

Like I said previously no chance of no deal happening, ever.

May said about 3/4 times she didn't want to take part in the European elections when she just spoke, and she made is explicitly clear we're definitely still leaving.

That only leaves her deal or no deal. And we all know her deal will be shot down so...
Look at the quote in my post above, she seems to indicate that we will take part in the EU elections now.

May said about 3/4 times she didn't want to take part in the European elections when she just spoke, and she made is explicitly clear we're definitely leaving.

Will May survive her deal being rejected once more? I doubt it. At which point what May said matters an awful lot less. Besides, it wouldn't be the first time she's backtracked on something she said.

Look at the quote in my post above, she seems to indicate that we will take part in the EU elections now.

That quote cuts off the bit where she implied she didn't want that to happen, and she reiterated that sentiment a few times.

Last edited:
Will May survive her deal being rejected once more? I doubt it. At which point what May said matters an awful lot less. Besides, it wouldn't be the first time she's backtracked on something she said.

That's true, then its up to Boris...

RAWK said:
Jesus, the DUP on Question Time now - I despair. Basically a party whose manifesto is the Old Testament with scheduled bin collections.
:lol:

Question time was from my part of the world (Belfast) and I surprised at how sensible most of the comments/questions were from the audience...... the politicians on the other hand :rolleyes:

Quite noteworthy that when asked about her words and the abuse/death threats MPs have received she not only refused to apologise but didn't even come out against them. If anything she excused them as 'passionate views on all sides'

Quite noteworthy that when asked about her words and the abuse/death threats MPs have received she not only refused to apologise but didn't even come out against them. If anything she excused them as 'passionate views on all sides'
Theresa Trump.

Well, With that decision I change my opinion on Revoking art 50 on 99.9% to 0.01% . If I am not wrong, after the 29, whichever is the extension, the UK can't revoke art50 (please, someone to correct me). SO yes, now, the default will be No Deal, because, the morons, will feel like they still have 14 days more to do something if they reject May's deal....but sure is not revokation. Now it is May's deal or No deal

Well, With that decision I change my opinion on Revoking art 50 on 99.9% to 0.01% . If I am not wrong, after the 29, whichever is the extension, the UK can't revoke art50 (please, someone to correct me). SO yes, now, the default will be No Deal, because, the morons, will feel like they still have 14 days more to do something if they reject May's deal....but sure is not revokation. Now it is May's deal or No deal
We might not have the automatic right to revoke A50, but it would still be possible by agreement. So not 99.9% or 0.01%, but something in between. 99.9% was a bit odd anyway to be honest, but each to their own.

We might not have the automatic right to revoke A50, but it would still be possible by agreement. So not 99.9% or 0.01%, but something in between. 99.9% was a bit odd anyway to be honest, but each to their own.

Well, my 99.9% was because brexit is not ready for a No Deal, whatever the MP say. Not by legislation, not in contingency.

Asking the EU to be back is quite different than revoking article 50. If the latest would be swallowing UK MPs pride, would be under the UK control. Begging the EU to be in again (and of course re-trigger article 50 even less unlikely), bretraying the "will of the people" and so, would be something worth to behold. And still, would not be revocation

By the way, said extension shouldn't be approved by the UK parliament? the HoC only voted on an extension to the 30th of June

No you're wrong, it can be done until the withdrawal agreement comes into force. So we either have until April 12th or for how long the 'long delay' is agreed to be.

No you're wrong, it can be done until the withdrawal agreement comes into force. So we either have until April 12th or for how long the 'long delay' is agreed to be.

So if Theresa May can't get the WA, so there is an extension till the 12th of April, the UK can revoke article 50 even if that right was during 2 years, not during 2 years and 14 days? or those 14 days are just for preparations for No deal?

Or?
Long Extension with a GE / 2nd ref / Norway+ compromise

Or No Deal

Or Revoke & remain.

That last option still seems the least likely (but most appealing).

Long Extension with a GE / 2nd ref / Norway+ compromise

Or No Deal

Or Revoke & remain.

That last option still seems the least likely (but most appealing).

I've come to accept that it's not happening. As shit as it is I'd prefer a Norway+ at this point, although it seems like spiting yourself for zero reason, no deal is just doing it to a worse extent

She would get overthrown if she tried to take us down the no-deal route. Lets get MV3 out of the way early and work on Plan B.

I've come to accept that it's not happening. As shit as it is I'd prefer a Norway+ at this point, although it seems like spiting yourself for zero reason, no deal is just doing it to a worse extent
Norway + (Brexit in name only) seems like the least worst solution if we cannot remain.

Open Extension is the solution! :)

The article 50 will remain invoked, and the UK will definitely leave the EU ... when it is ready.

Gut feel... Mv3 will be very hard to win now as the date of the 12th leaves open no deal for the erg and leaves open long extension for remainers

Mv3 I think now fails...

I don't think she will authorize a referendum so my guess is she calls a ge the evening that mv3 fails... Could this be organised in time to have the votes at the same time as EU elections as well?

Edit... I'll also add I think the conservatives win the election... Fptp and they will be the ones pushing for a hard brexit whilst the rest of the votes are split.

Then post election with a decent majority it's perhaps one more try at mv4 or straight to managed no deal... Aka hard brexit... And a leadership election consisting of who says the nastiest things about the eu

Last edited:
Gut feel... Mv3 will be very hard to win now as the date of the 12th leaves open no deal for the erg and leaves open long extension for remainers

Mv3 I think now fails...

I don't think she will authorize a referendum so my guess is she calls a ge the evening that mv3 fails... Could this be organised in time to have the votes at the same time as EU elections as well?

I think long term the EU are now starting to believe that No Deal will work out better for them than the current WA.

We will be in a much weaker position than the EU, struggling to form beneficial deals with meaningful trading partners. They know we won’t be able to hard ball from a position of weakness.

So the presenter of Sky News said he got a message from an MP and thinks the following will happen:

Her deal will get beaten next week
Parliament ask for a long extension
She resigns

So the presenter of Sky News said he got a message from an MP and thinks the following will happen:

She resigns

In my opinion it would be a huge mistake for the EU if it grants the long extension. Europe needs to move on from Brexit and forcing the UK in after voting out would be madness. Let the UK crush, let them face the consequences of their delusions and if they want to return back to the EU then offer them a fast track way in (on terms offered to new members)

She resigns
Well, she has to go - but who'll be the new leader? It's going to be someone far more Brexity with much more cunning and guile, which will probably be disastrous for the outcome of all of this.

In my opinion it would be a huge mistake for the EU if it grants the long extension. Europe needs to move on from Brexit and forcing the UK in after voting out would be madness. Let the UK crush, let them face the consequences of their delusions and if they want to return back to the EU then offer them a fast track way in (on terms offered to new members)

They won’t grant it without good reason. Hopefully that good reason is a second referendum with the vote on a tangible deal.

I'm sure they'd have no problem doing that if it wasn't for the small matter of the little island to the left of it.