Brexited | the worst threads live the longest

Do you think there will be a Deal or No Deal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sky: The government has over 200 gagging orders on different companies over Brexit.

Well now that’s just bullshit, if that were the case, leave wouldn’t have won.

What? No it isn't, I don't have the numbers in front of me now but when I did earlier if you look at number of votes who voted leave (17m ish) as a total of total registered it works out around that.

But instead of looking at the figures yourself just say bullshit, it's easier

Edit: can't find the numbers now, maybe the voting population number it gave me was off, searched on work pc and now can't find it in my phone.

MP Lloyd Russel-Moyle saying he was assaulted by a leave voter today. First of many I'm sure sadly

What? No it isn't, I don't have the numbers in front of me now but when I did earlier if you look at number of votes who voted leave (17m ish) as a total of total registered it works out around that.

But instead of looking at the figures yourself just say bullshit, it's easier

Edit: can't find the numbers now, maybe the voting population number it gave me was off, searched on work pc and now can't find it in my phone.

It is bullshit. It's off by 10%.

72.2% turnout. 52% voted leave. 72.2% * 52% = 37.5%.

34.7% of the population support remain if we use turnout as the true metric to measure these things.

That is correct.

It is bullshit. If you use turnout there are less remain supporting people.

Who's POB?

pob-friends-pob-childrens-tv-uk-a031.jpg

Doesn't really matter how many people voted Leave anyway as the interpretations of Leave are vastly different which why we are in the calamitous situation we're in right now.

BBC reporting that the 22nd May date may actually have been dropped from the final draft, due to concerns that it is too close to the EU elections.

They are also reporting that EU leaders were not very impressed with May's speech this afternoon.

RTE:

Breaking: officials are drafting a new text at the #EUCO. I understand the Brexit A50 extension date of May 22 has been removed and replaced by “another configuration”.

Bloomberg:

Breaking: EU considering 9 month delay if May's Brexit deal fails for a third time in parliament next week

Isn't May correct though? Everybody is playing party politics here that has ground the process down to a halt.
Your parliament has very little comeback to that in my opinion.
It is bull, though. She hasn't got all of her own on side.

Well done, Theresa. :rolleyes:

Anna Soubry on TV saying the police have had advised her it's not safe to go home, she says she's not the only one, she is not going home this weekend, May stirred up a lot of anger up yesterday.

:lol:

Brexit is like a bloke trying to show off in front of the lads by farting really loudly, but he follows through and soils himself. With turds running down his legs, he tries to pretend that he knew he was going to follow through, and that’s exactly what he farted for.

so we only get an extension if we pass May's deal next week, right? But didn't matey in parliament say they couldn't have another vote on May's deal unless its significantly changed?

so we only get an extension if we pass May's deal next week, right? But didn't matey in parliament say they couldn't have another vote on May's deal unless its significantly changed?

I think the fact it will be tied to an extension will be enough to get it through to another vote. It doesn't matter though, the deal is dead. Any slim chance she had of getting it through she killed last night with her speech.

So I'd assume it's a longer delay and the resignation of the PM?

Sounds like the EU are debating giving a very short unconditional extension or a slightly longer conditional one.

There are ways round that in parliment I think... Eg if MP's vote to overule the speaker .. and if there is enough to overrule there is probably enough to pass it

Sounds like the EU are debating giving a very short unconditional extension or a slightly longer conditional one.

Yup, it seems that the initial reports were true, France at the least do not want an extension at all but is willing to compromise for something very short. If I'm not mistaken Austria and Denmark are the ones that want a longer extension while the others are silent.

This is not democracy.
It is, when you break it down chief.

Democracy

Demo - short for demonstration
C - short for see, to look
Racy - something that is sexually titillating

Therefore, democracy is short for "a demonstration at watching a country get fecked hard".

It is, when you break it down chief.

Democracy

Demo - short for demonstration
C - short for see, to look
Racy - something that is sexually titillating

Therefore, democracy is short for "a demonstration at watching a country get fecked hard".

It's Jamaican for "those people are nuts"

A million people think responding to our Prime Minister's appalling tactics of trying to turn the public, who she's of course on the side off, require immediate clarification. She's played a very dangerous card in a very volatile situation.
I doubt it makes a difference, but a million signatures in 24 hours is at least a howl of protest against these self serving and self aggrandising bastards.

What kind of plan should be expected beyond putting a negotiating team together, triggering art. 50 and beginning the negotiations? I think we're reaching a bit here.

Far from it. I was talking from the narrow perspective of handling the Brexit/EU situation.

David Cameron did none of those things though did he. Those things were done by his successor.
As soon as the result was known he resigned leaving others to do those things.

I am talking about proper planning which includes rigorous risk assessments and contingency management.
Any business worth its salt knows exactly how to manage risk.

Yup, it seems that the initial reports were true, France at the least do not want an extension at all but is willing to compromise for something very short. If I'm not mistaken Austria and Denmark are the ones that want a longer extension while the others are silent.

7th may and it will be stated if no EU election the UK can't extend again...
If that's true may will have succeeded in the binary options of her deal or no deal she wanted
Assuming there isn't a majority for recind a50

7th may and it will be stated if no EU election the UK can't extend again...
If that's true may will have succeeded in the binary options of her deal or no deal she wanted
Assuming there isn't a majority for recind a50
There isn't a majority to revoke A50. We're ultra fecked.

That article is a little unfair though, isn't it?
She has refused to rule out no deal despite the fact that, again, the House of Commons voted for such a move twice.
She can't rule out No Deal. How could she? It's the default position: that is what will happen unless a deal is accepted or Article 50 is revoked. May cannot do either of those things without Parliament's approval. How do they expect her to rule out no deal? Say that it won't happen? It's not up to her at this point actually.
Her spokesman explains this by saying she is frustrated with parliament's "inability to take a decision".

The truth is it has, repeatedly on all manner of things - they're just not decisions to her liking.
But it is true that Parliament has only decided AGAINST things. We know what isn't acceptable to the current House of Commons. We have no clue what is it they would accept.

She can't rule out No Deal. How could she? It's the default position: that is what will happen unless a deal is accepted or Article 50 is revoked. May cannot do either of those things without Parliament's approval. How do they expect her to rule out no deal? Say that it won't happen? It's not up to her at this point actually.

But it is true that Parliament has only decided AGAINST things. We know what isn't acceptable to the current House of Commons. We have no clue what is it they would accept.
That is because the PM in an entirely authoritarian manner took no counsel from Parliament and offered a series of proposals guided by "red lines" no one agreed to.

They voted to rule out no deal in the hope that May will prevent the law from kicking in and hoping, despite her flagrant disregard for Parliament so far, that she follows the will of the house because all she gave them was a deal that there was no view of as it was built, with no consultation that didn't work for the House.

She will not listen. She never has. She created her deal or no deal. Her leadership is the opposite of the cross party diplomacy that was needed and it has been thus for the whole of her Prime Ministership.

She has been the enemy of Parliament, a poor diplomat and pig headed leader. History will not remember her well.

A million people think responding to our Prime Minister's appalling tactics of trying to turn the public, who she's of course on the side off, require immediate clarification. She's played a very dangerous card in a very volatile situation.
I doubt it makes a difference, but a million signatures in 24 hours is at least a howl of protest against these self serving and self aggrandising bastards.

A lot of people have been impressed by Mrs May doggedness and I was initially one of those.

However, what is very evident is that while she is the PM, she is not free to make all the decisions on her own and ignore the HoC votes and rules.

She has isolated herself, made terrible decisions, completely failed to get cross party consensus and is now blaming every one else for her stunning mismanagement of the whole Brexit process.

I initially felt a little sorry for her.
Not any more. Her incompetence is being laid bare.

The wheels have absolutely come off and she is flailing around being driven uncontrollably by events.

She hasn't asked them what they would accept. We know what they'd accept though. Add a second referendum on to her deal and she'd get the lib dems, snp and more than enough labour MP's to offset the ERG and DUP. Or she could add the Custom Union on to her current deal and she'd have the labour party on board. Its really, really easy for her to get enough support to get her WA through.
I think shes actively pushing for a no deal brexit and has been for some time at this stage.