2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Good save that was a poor PK . I'm more impressed with his ability on the ball. Not that I didn't knew about this earlier but it's so crucial for us on how we play. There was a moment in second half when 2 players were closing the gap in front of him but he still found Ugarte.

I was quite confident with the pen. It’s nice to have a keeper you can rely on for pens after so long with de Gea.

Gave him motm, although it could have gone to de Ligt, Amad or even Martinez. But that save changed the flow of the game and he had some great interventions before that as well.

Probably won us the game with that penalty save despite the comfortable final score on paper.
De Ligt was a bit better but Onana was certainly in contention for MotM alongside Amad.

Good save that was a poor PK . I'm more impressed with his ability on the ball. Not that I didn't knew about this earlier but it's so crucial for us on how we play. There was a moment in second half when 2 players were closing the gap in front of him but he still found Ugarte.
I feel like the first sentence is a bit meaningless. Good penalties are literally unsaveable, it's simply beyond human capabilities. Every penalty save is a result of a poor execution, it doesn't take anything away from goalkeepers.

Probably won us the game with that penalty save despite the comfortable final score on paper.
De Ligt was a bit better but Onana was certainly in contention for MotM alongside Amad.
Yeah that penalty save was a huge momentum swing.

Brilliant today. 2 good saves, including from the spot kick, comfortable in possession, no mistakes, and a clean sheet

Didn't have loads to do other than the penalty but a pretty much flawless performance for what he did have to do.

He was never an issue. Last season people got carried away. How often does a keeper that's new to the league spend some of their first season flapping their tits about? Most, probably. He's quality. And not just because of the save. But he feels like a United keeper to me. Can't quite explain why, but he does.

MOTM for me and if isn't clear by now, this is what an actual great game looks like. forget distribution stats, that first save to the right side and then the penalty save was the real game changer.

once we went 1-0, I was 100% it was all over, but the first punch on the game was from him, not the header by De Ligt.

Didn't have loads to do other than the penalty but a pretty much flawless performance for what he did have to do.

They didn't have a single shot after the penalty.

He made 1 good save befoee it, claimed a couple of balls, played some nice passes. Job done for him, the defence protected him well today.

When Utd can control the flow of the game like that second half, he's not really going to be a hindrance.

He was never an issue. Last season people got carried away. How often does a keeper that's new to the league spend some of their first season flapping their tits about? Most, probably. He's quality. And not just because of the save. But he feels like a United keeper to me. Can't quite explain why, but he does.

He deserved the criticism. Single handedly was responsible for us finishing bottom of the CL group.

If that pen goes in, I think we lose this. Also a couple important saves on top of that.
Agreed. He deserves a bit of credit for that, Southampton were really starting to take charge and the penalty changed the momentum of the game.

I’ve been critical but today he delivered in the crucial moment of the game. Let’s hope that was the turning point of the season.

One positive since we've signed him is that I feel more confident facing penalties than I had done in the decade prior to his arrival.

He deserved the criticism. Single handedly was responsible for us finishing bottom of the CL group.
Single handedly is hyperbole and there was constant criticism last season (and has carried on into this season) aimed at him every time the team conceded, even when he hadn't done anything wrong. It was not deserved for the most part, at all.

MOTM for me and if isn't clear by now, this is what an actual great game looks like. forget distribution stats, that first save to the right side and then the penalty save was the real game changer.

once we went 1-0, I was 100% it was all over, but the first punch on the game was from him, not the header by De Ligt.

Making saves is far and away the most important attribute of a keeper. Not the only, but the most important and everything else is not even close. We all know about the two saves, but Onana had several other interventions that were important as well. A great performance by our keeper and hopefully many more like it to come.