2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Better than either of the Raya double saves the media have been wanking over for weeks now.

This was the kind of performance we were hoping for when we signed him. Fantastic double save and none of this booting the ball out of play nonsense. More of the same please.

While he has faced some ups and downs at the start of his United career, hes one of the top goalkeepers in football today.

Good game again from him today.

Liverpool game aside, he’s improved a lot this season

Credit to him he’s done well. Looks more agile recently, maybe lost a bit of bulk? Still not a fan but that save today.

Good game, double save was awesome (well the second one). He doesn't need to make that if he gets a better hand to the first one, that ball should be sent away off over to the side. Credit to him for having the reactions to cover for his error.

It was a fecking fantastic saves. Worth a goal. Credit is due.

like I've said last week, this what it's all about for me, protecting the goal and keeping the team in the game when they should be behind. couldn't care less about the rest.

I reckon he's somewhere between good and very good. Not entirely sure which due to him facing an absurd number of shots last season.

Either way he is the least of our problems.

Good game, double save was awesome (well the second one). He doesn't need to make that if he gets a better hand to the first one, that ball should be sent away off over to the side. Credit to him for having the reactions to cover for his error.
Unbelievable :lol::lol:

Unbelievable :lol::lol:

Unbelievably true. I like him and think he's nowhere near as bad as people make out.

But his technique on that first save was poor, he palmed the ball back up into a dangerous area where he really should have got enough on it to push it away. It's standard goalkeeping. But that's what required him to have to make the second stop.

It's like a defender making a block to make up for a bad clearance, your just making up for an error. Might still be a great block, but it's still a recovery block. That's what Onana did, brilliant second save, but he doesn't need to do it, if he gets the first one right.

Unbelievably true. I like him and think he's nowhere near as bad as people make out.

But his technique on that first save was poor, he palmed the ball back up into a dangerous area where he really should have got enough on it to push it away. It's standard goalkeeping. But that's what required him to have to make the second stop.

It's like a defender making a block to make up for a bad clearance, your just making up for an error. Might still be a great block, but it's still a recovery block. That's what Onana did, brilliant second save, but he doesn't need to do it, if he gets the first one right.

Nah, completely disagree. The first save was a difficult save. Keeping it out was difficult enough. Expecting to keep it out and think about where the ball would go afterwards is unfair. It was an exceptional save. Even without the second save. Calling it an “error” is absurd.

Whisper it quietly, but he looks like a proper United no 1 at the moment.

Nah, completely disagree. The first save was a difficult save. Keeping it out was difficult enough. Expecting to keep it out and think about where the ball would go afterwards is unfair. It was an exceptional save. Even without the second save. Calling it an “error” is absurd.

First save was good, it's a standard save, it just required a strong hand to push it out to the side, he got enough on it to do that. Hypothetical but if he doesn't make that second save he gets blasted for where that ball ends up after the first save.

Second save makes up for it.

How exactly is a GK supposed to clear it to outside when he jumps down to his left. I'm perplexed.
I will wait for an example with a video of some others doing it.

First save was good, it's a standard save, it just required a strong hand to push it out to the side, he got enough on it to do that. Hypothetical but if he doesn't make that second save he gets blasted for where that ball ends up after the first save.

Second save makes up for it.
Nah the first shot was a powerful and well hit low shot, difficult to save and some keepers may have let it in. Now groundbreaking but a good save. Second save is absolutely exceptional.

How exactly is a GK supposed to clear it to outside when he jumps down to his left. I'm perplexed.
There's been plenty of examples of a gk palming a ball out and not directly up ha.

Yeah that double save was his best moment in a United shirt so far. Big credit to him.

There's been plenty of examples of a gk palming a ball out and not directly up ha.
Please help me with an example. I will make it clear - a GK from that position pushing the ball over the outline .

It's one of those where the closer the ball is to the keeper, the harder it is to push wide.

The ones that get pushed wide tend to be where the keeper is at full stretch to reach it. Some times it's better for the strike to be closer to the corner so the keeper can just tip it round the post, but the risk is of course if it's in the corner the keeper may not reach it at all.

It's the same reason Raya pushed the ball back out for a rebound a few days ago rather than pushing it out wide.

Calling that an error is absolutely ridiculous, he did very well to get down to that and make the initial save.

Insane some of you lot on here.

That penalty save against Soton did him a world of good. Looked like a completely different keeper today, than the one we are accustomed to over the last 12 months. Very encouraging signs from him.

It's requires a simple turn of the wrist, he got enough on it to palm it up in the air, he should have been able to turn it wide. If he doesn't make that second save he'd be getting bashed for how he dealt with the first save.

It's one of those where the closer the ball is to the keeper, the harder it is to push wide.

The ones that get pushed wide tend to be where the keeper is at full stretch to reach it. Some times it's better for the strike to be closer to the corner so the keeper can just tip it round the post, but the risk is of course if it's in the corner the keeper may not reach it at all.

It's the same reason Raya pushed the ball back out for a rebound a few days ago rather than pushing it out wide.
Came to reply to the rubbish with this, thank you.

Cracking save, but because it was close to him he wouldn’t have been able to extend his arm to push it far away.

Also because the shot was a bit of a daisy cutter I think it might have been hard to tip it around the post but might have ended up just leaving a tap in open goal for an oncoming striker.

A lot of considerations for a blink of an eye decision.

Thought the same but was sure if I was being overly critical

It's requires a simple turn of the wrist, he got enough on it to palm it up in the air, he should have been able to turn it wide. If he doesn't make that second save he'd be getting bashed for how he dealt with the first save.
Absolute nonsense.

After all the shit he got last season, I really admire his mentality. Many players would fold under the pressure. Good comeback.

First season at United has to be a write off to any keeper by this evidence. He looks an entirely different caliber.

Absolute nonsense.

Not really, if you're going to parry, parry to safety and a lot of keepers will just smother that shot anyway, it's 20 yards out not too close to the post.

I like him, been one of his bigger defenders on here, but when I saw that first save my first reaction is that has to be pushed wide. He'll know himself he got enough on it, the second save is an excellent recovery stop.