Amad Diallo Ivory Coast flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
ronaldo scholes rooney and co fired tons of hopeless efforts from 30 yards out back in the days, so guess they were all braindead according to you
Yeah! That's what I said.

All players make bad choices every now and then. Someone claiming Amad was the only player not making braindead decisions yesterday, was why I pointed this out. Shooting from a bad angle 30 yards out (1/1000 goes in from there if he's lucky) when we're behind with 4 minutes to go and have people in the box is a bit of a bad choice in my book.

I mean he is trying..to dribble .. and make things happen..
We need both our fullbacks to do the same
Garnacho and Rashford trying to dribble and losing the ball: Braindead.
Amad trying to dribble and losing the ball: He's trying to make things happen

Correct?

What have you got against Amad? Garnacho isn't streets ahead of him at all.

Garnacho is way ahead of Amad. Garnacho was basically a starter last season and started a FA cup final. He has been part of the squad of World Cup winner Argentina.

Amad has done what exactly? A good season for Sunderland and a handfull of starts for Manchester United in 3/4 years?

Garnacho is way ahead of Amad. Garnacho was basically a starter last season and started a FA cup final. He has been part of the squad of World Cup winner Argentina.

Amad has done what exactly? A good season for Sunderland and a handfull of starts for Manchester United in 3/4 years?
They are both in the same bracket of talented young players, but not anywhere near the elite of the elite (Salah, Saka, Foden).

He did fine when coming on. TBH, he should have started. We might have kept the ball a bit more in the first half if we did (although he wouldnt have prevented the two soft goals).

Way better than Rashford and Garnacho in my opinion. At least he was able to take on and beat his man occasionally. No doubt that he should have started in my mind.

https://www.unitedinfocus.com/opini...is-first-touch-he-was-excellent-vs-liverpool/

"In just 29 minutes on the pitch, Amad managed more touches in the Liverpool penalty box than any Manchester United player, and more than Marcus Rashford and Alejandro Garnacho had combined.

Amad completed 91 per cent of his passes, and managed to created two goalscoring chances too.

His 24 total touches in 29 minutes were almost as many as Garnacho managed in 69 minutes and Rashford in 90 – both 32."

They are both in the same bracket of talented young players, but not anywhere near the elite of the elite (Salah, Saka, Foden).
There are tiers in talented young players too. Garnacho has simply done a lot more than Amad so far at a younger age, that's just a fact. That doesn't mean that Amad can't be the better player going forward but so far, its Garnacho easily.

Garnacho and Rashford trying to dribble and losing the ball: Braindead.
Amad trying to dribble and losing the ball: He's trying to make things happen

Correct?

Rashford can never beat his man and these days he just turns backwards and passes it back anyway. Garnacho had an off game yesterday and didn't manage to dribble hardly at all but is normally much better.

I can't even recall Amad losing the ball yesterday from a dribble, in fact he won numerous corners from them and created a couple of decent half chances. Unsure what point you're trying to make.

Dropping Diallo made no sense. Unless it was for off field reasons, Diallo should start on right and Garnacho on left.

Unfair to be dropped, it means EtH doesn't trust him, but hopefully from now on, EtH will start him, his quality means that we need him to build a rhythm as he can be so important

Garnacho is younger than Amad, yet streets ahead in terms of development, decision making and aptitude.

Amad has a huge amount of growing up to do which is strange considering he's 22 years old now.
Put it this way, Gravenberch is the same age yet his decision making and development is way in excess of Amads.

There's only so much leeway someone can get, he's now close to 90 appearances in senior football and whilst everyone develops at different ages, I don't think United can rely on Amad whilst he is currently still not making the right decisions during games.
Mental take. It's like you people are watching a different sport.

Way better than Rashford and Garnacho in my opinion. At least he was able to take on and beat his man occasionally. No doubt that he should have started in my mind.

https://www.unitedinfocus.com/opini...is-first-touch-he-was-excellent-vs-liverpool/

"In just 29 minutes on the pitch, Amad managed more touches in the Liverpool penalty box than any Manchester United player, and more than Marcus Rashford and Alejandro Garnacho had combined.

Amad completed 91 per cent of his passes, and managed to created two goalscoring chances too.

His 24 total touches in 29 minutes were almost as many as Garnacho managed in 69 minutes and Rashford in 90 – both 32."

The dodgy performance against Brighton in terms of his ball retention and decision making seemed like a bit of anomaly. What we seen against Liverpool is much more typical Amad, assured touch, good decisions, good ball retention.

The bit at 0:26 to keep the ball is really good and really rare - this situation would have been a guaranteed loss of possession for every other member of the squad, with maybe Mainoo being the only other with a chance of keeping the ball.

He has to stay fit and I can see him reaching 10 plus goals in all competitions very easily. He has a knack of scoring.

Mental take. It's like you people are watching a different sport.
It is considering Garnacho has been worse in virtually every match. I remember thinking Amad had a bad performance against Fulham, and that he let Garnacho win that spot over him. Then Garnacho was easily worse if not for Zirkzee having a very good finish.

I don't know how people come up with these takes.

Within reason I would give him as many minutes as possible this season bollocks to anyone else.

He is so much better in possession than the alternatives and can score. Him and Garnacho would be the way to go this season for me - let's be honest we aren't winning feck all probably.

Seems like a confidence issue when starting, because he's always so much better on the ball when brought in as a sub. He already deserved to start ahead of Rashford/Garnacho especially after the Mount injury, and I fully expect him to do so in our next match.

Saying Garnachos decision making is “streets ahead” deserves a thread ban, my eyes are bleeding reading that
Yeah crazy take, the rashness is the worst part of his game but part of being a developing player.

There was no reason to drop him on Sunday. He deserves a solid run of starting games.

is he back in Manchester following the international break? Do we expect him to start against Southampton?
No idea but I'd assume he will be in the squad. Good news is he only seemed to play around 30 mins Vs Chad.

Whether I expect he will start the answer is no but it's less to do with the international break and more to do with ETH stubbornness.

It's Amad + 1 of Rashford/Garna for me, has been that way since the Liverpool game.

Apart from being better going forward, Amad takes care of possession much better than the other two. Reduction in turnovers due to our wingers being careless with the ball should ideally result in fewer shots conceded, which was one of our biggest issues last season.

It's Amad + 1 of Rashford/Garna for me, has been that way since the Liverpool game.

Apart from being better going forward, Amad takes care of possession much better than the other two. Reduction in turnovers due to our wingers being careless with the ball should ideally result in fewer shots conceded, which was one of our biggest issues last season.
100%. Balance is everything in a team. Rashford and Granacho have high risk/reward playing styles so a lot of turnovers likely so Amad needs to provide the control.

Yep. Agreed.

I don't really get this one. I thought Rashford played ok against Liverpool whereas Garnacho was shite. Why does he deserve a start?
Because it's not always about one game. Garnacho has started 1 game this season, Rashford has started 4. Rashford still hasn't registered a single shot on target. Garnacho did more off the bench in 20 minutes vs City than Rashford has managed in all his starts.

Rashford has been undroppable for long enough and it's time for someone else to get the chances that he's been given.

We'll get far more benefit in the medium-long term out of developing Garnacho and Amad with consistent starts rather than playing favourites to past it players like Rashford. Ultimately Rashford is on a massive decline and whilst it's clear we're getting no long term benefit from starting him every game, he's not even giving us short term benefit either. Amad, Garnacho and Zirkzee have all managed to actually score a goal in less game time than Rashford, so his experience and seniority isn't even worth anything over the younger players because he does even less than them.

Because it's not always about one game. Garnacho has started 1 game this season, Rashford has started 4. Rashford still hasn't registered a single shot on target. Garnacho did more off the bench in 20 minutes vs City than Rashford has managed in all his starts.

Rashford has been undroppable for long enough and it's time for someone else to get the chances that he's been given.

We'll get far more benefit in the medium-long term out of developing Garnacho and Amad with consistent starts rather than playing favourites to past it players like Rashford. Ultimately Rashford is on a massive decline and whilst it's clear we're getting no long term benefit from starting him every game, he's not even giving us short term benefit either. Amad, Garnacho and Zirkzee have all managed to actually score a goal in less game time than Rashford, so his experience and seniority isn't even worth anything over the younger players because he does even less than them.

Garnacho should have to earn his place, it won't hurt him at all. He's started plenty for a guy his age, keeping him focused is the main thing now.

Garnacho should have to earn his place, it won't hurt him at all. He's started plenty for a guy his age, keeping him focused is the main thing now.
Everyone should have to earn their place, including Rashford, and Rashford has attempted to earn his place by failing to score a single open play goal in pre-season, and failing to register a single shot on target in 4 games this season despite starting every game. So how exactly has he earned his place?

As stated, Garnacho has done more in a 20 minute cameo off the bench than Rashford has in 4 games.

He won that and was on the bench the next game :confused:
It's the squad / rotation age. Players will score or assist goals in a win and yet be rotated out for the next match in order to either rest them or give another a necesaary start.

In the recent internationals, Amad started the first game but was only a sub in the second. Same applied to Dalot, and Mainoo and Maguire didn't even feature at all in the second match.

But it's not being 'dropped' as some keep wording it. Amad came on v Liverpool around the same time as Garnacho had done in earlier games. And it's not like he was ahead of him in the pecking order, just more match fit and sharp in those first few games having had more of a normal pre-season.

They'll both be used plenty either as subs or starters throughout the season, as rotation dictates. Garnacho was due a start - waiting any longer would have given the impression he'd dropped down the pecking order to an understudy just because he'd been away at the Copa America with the winners of it. There's no first choice right winger at this stage, they'll rotate and both get plenty of starts.

Overall he has been much better for the past 1.5 seasons

I don't subscribe to that logic. He hasn't shown enough to justify being an automatic starter regardless of form, no matter whether Rashford has been worse or not. Get your head down and earn the spot, it should be simple if Rashford is as bad as everyone likes to say.

I don't subscribe to that logic. He hasn't shown enough to justify being an automatic starter regardless of form, no matter whether Rashford has been worse or not. Get your head down and earn the spot, it should be simple if Rashford is as bad as everyone likes to say.
What are you on about? Garnacho has been much better in that period

You're not addressing the point.

Someone has to start. Garnacho has contributed more in 4 games than Rashford has this season despite Rashford starting every game and Garnacho being sat on the bench for most of them. Therefore, why wouldn't Garnacho be starting?

The person you should be telling to put your head down and earn the spot is Rashford given he's not had a shot on target this season despite starting every game.

If Garnacho gets a run of starts, and performs poorly over a 3-4 game period, it's time to swap him out and he'll have no right to complain.

We also need to start thinking medium-long term in our team selections too and stop stagnating the development of younger players in favour of starting players who are way past their best and declining by the second.

Seems like a war is brewing between Garnacho supporters and Diallo supporters. Things may well get nasty.
It's really Garnacho and Amad supporters vs Rashford supporters.

It's only randoms who have decided Garnacho categorically can't play on the left who are trying to make it an Amad vs Garnacho war.