Amad Diallo Ivory Coast flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
The one bright spark today, he is a starter every game for me.

He hasn't shown his off the bench form when starting yet though, he was poor last week and ineffective against Fulham.

I'd still likely start him over Rashford who has been even worse, but Amad isn't going to transform us, at least not yet.

We had lots of issues to fix in the window. And quite clearly we were looking at midfield and wanted to sell Casemiro. You can’t fix all the problems in a single window
I don't disagree and they have done as much as they could do for one window. Only hope from here is seeing someone emerge to play that position until we get to fix that next summer. Maybe kone or Casemiro could be less shit beside Ugarte. Options looks bleak though.

He hasn't shown his off the bench form when starting yet though, he was poor last week and ineffective against Fulham.

I'd still likely start him over Rashford who has been even worse, but Amad isn't going to transform us, at least not yet.
And yet scored

And yet scored

Yeah he did, but he also missed a big chance, and messed up a couple of overload counter attacks.

Look at how efficient Liverpool were today after Casemiro's howlers, that's what we need to see from our forwards, Amad is generally neat and tidy but he isn't the messiah people are making him out to be. He might become one, he's only young, but he's not there yet.

Hes okay option now but lacks the top speed or intensity to get the ball into his stride and always rather drops deep which limits the way we can attack. Perhaps as a no10 he could be better but hes another wide "playmaker" with average impact.

We won't see the best of him if we continue with this end to end football. He'll thrive in a system that controls the ball and plays in the opposition half.

One of the few bright spots today. Way too late for it to matter but at least showed willing.

Yeah he did, but he also missed a big chance, and messed up a couple of overload counter attacks.

Look at how efficient Liverpool were today after Casemiro's howlers, that's what we need to see from our forwards, Amad is generally neat and tidy but he isn't the messiah people are making him out to be. He might become one, he's only young, but he's not there yet.
Absolutely no one is making him out to be the messiah. People are saying he is a good player that can both keep possession in tight spaces and provide some attacking threat with his left foot. He is arguably our most technical and well rounded attacking player. He can do simple things as receive a ball and find a teammate, even in tight spaces, something that makes him a stand out in our squad, sadly.

He also setup what should've been the go ahead goal on a counter when he played in Bruno. Mind you this is a match right after he also experienced a tragic personal loss as well.

He should be starting every match.

Not this BS again. I can’t remember how many times I heard this about Garnacho until he was given a run of games and he showed he actually can play just as well when starting games.

FFS give the players a few matches before coming up with the same stupid rhetoric - maybe even 1/10th of the starts that the one who stinks up the left flank does.

Absolutely no one is making him out to be the messiah. People are saying he is a good player that can both keep possession in tight spaces and provide some attacking threat with his left foot. He is arguably our most technical and well rounded attacking player. He can do simple things as receive a ball and find a teammate, even in tight spaces, something that makes him a stand out in our squad, sadly.

Read some of the posts, people are suggesting he's has to be a guaranteed starter, when he's been much better for us so far coming on to make an impact. I don't see how him starting today would have made much difference given how wasteful he was last week.

I agree with you about his technical ability, and he has a lot of potential, but there are some obvious shortcomings that he needs to work on still.

Hes okay option now but lacks the top speed or intensity to get the ball into his stride and always rather drops deep which limits the way we can attack. Perhaps as a no10 he could be better but hes another wide "playmaker" with average impact.
There are a whole heap of attacking players who aren't rapid and top class.

We play a system which doesn't allow players with quality on the ball to thrive.

Read some of the posts, people are suggesting he's has to be a guaranteed starter, when he's been much better for us so far coming on to make an impact. I don't see how him starting today would have made much difference given how wasteful he was last week.

I agree with you about his technical ability, and he has a lot of potential, but there are some obvious shortcomings that he needs to work on still.
He started the last three games of last season, Arsenal, Newcastle and Brighton, three really strong teams, and he was one of the best players on the pitch for all 3 games. He most definitely can play well when starting games.

He also setup what should've been the go ahead goal on a counter when he played in Bruno. Mind you this is a match right after he also experienced a tragic personal loss as well.

He should be starting every match.

I'm not actually against him starting given how poor Rashford has been, but less bad than an awful Rashford isn't a ringing endorsement.

The difference with him starting today would have been negligible, he's probably the best of a bad bunch at the moment though have 4 wide players none of whom are in great form.

Such a good player. Needs to start literally every game.

He started the last three games of last season, Arsenal, Newcastle and Brighton, three really strong teams, and he was one of the best players on the pitch for all 3 games. He most definitely can play well when starting games.

To be fair I'll give you Newcastle, that was a great performance from him. So he has shown he can do it in isolation.

The other two are extremely generous though. Brighton away we were overrun, none of our attacking players were great except for Hojlund, and Arsenal we were toothless.

Not this BS again. I can’t remember how many times I heard this about Garnacho until he was given a run of games and he showed he actually can play just as well when starting games.

FFS give the players a few matches before coming up with the same stupid rhetoric - maybe even 1/10th of the starts that the one who stinks up the left flank does.

What was said about Garnacho was pretty fair - that he was a great impact sub but had to work on his game when starting. He was dropped for a while early last season, and came back absolutely firing.

Amad is very talented, and like I've said I'd actually have him starting over Rashford, but he's been very inconsistent and that will continue for a while given his youth.

I'm not actually against him starting given how poor Rashford has been, but less bad than an awful Rashford isn't a ringing endorsement.

The difference with him starting today would have been negligible, he's probably the best of a bad bunch at the moment though have 4 wide players none of whom are in great form.
I don't know what he ultimately is, but he's so far above technically than any other winger we have and gives us a modicum of calmness in possession that we desperately need.

The only positive of this game was Diallo. At least he gave us some semblance of threat down that side. Garnacho had a mare and is better in the left.

You could say this about Rashford and change last “week” to “month” Or “season”.

Amad is the only attacker we have willing to try beat players and make things happen and has the technical ability. He needs a run in the team to showcase this. Get Marcus out and out Garnacho there.

His step-mother (I think that's who she was) passed away the day before the Brighton match. Let's not hold that performance too much against him. Even so he scored that match and personally I don't think he was as bad as what people on this forum made out. He wasn't good of course, but the way people went on he was absolutely dreadful which really wasn't the case.

Amad was easily our best player during preseason, looking not just more tidy on the ball but also more effective in the penalty box at both creating and finishing chances than our other attackers. While I do agree people shouldn't be rating him too highly yet, you seem to be going too far the other way. Ultimately he should be starting most of the next 5-6 games then we'll start getting a proper idea about where he's at in his development.

You could say this about Rashford and change last “week” to “month” Or “season”.

Amad is the only attacker we have willing to try beat players and make things happen and has the technical ability. He needs a run in the team to showcase this. Get Marcus out and out Garnacho there.

Well I couldn't, because Rashford has started most matches. But I think what you're trying to say is that Rashford has been poor for a while, which I agree with.

I'm just pointing out that Amad starting instead of him wouldn't have changed the result today. In particular, you mention beating players, but against Brighton Amad was really poor at trying to beat players, his dribbling success rate was 33%.

His step-mother (I think that's who she was) passed away the day before the Brighton match. Let's not hold that performance too much against him. Even so he scored that match and personally I don't think he was as bad as what people on this forum made out. He wasn't good of course, but the way people went on he was absolutely dreadful which really wasn't the case.

Amad was easily our best player during preseason, looking not just more tidy on the ball but also more effective in the penalty box at both creating and finishing chances than our other attackers. While I do agree people shouldn't be rating him too highly yet, you seem to be going too far the other way. Ultimately he should be starting most of the next 5-6 games then we'll start getting a proper idea about where he's at in his development.

There are absolutely fair reasons why his performance was poor, I'm not holding it against him at all, I'm trying to use it to show that he's a young player who's going to be inconsistent and make mistakes. My main worry is us putting too much hope and expectation on his shoulders for a young player who needs room to improve, particularly given his physical limitations.

I'm happy for him to start matches at the moment, as Rashford has been awful, but I don't think we'll see much difference in our forward play from just him, our problems are deeper than that - we're really quite disjointed.

Our only wide attacker that isn't brain dead.
Do you mean when he fired that hopeless effort form 30 yards out when we had 3 players in the box or the 3 times he just insisted on trying to dribble into the box when they had full cover on him just to easily lose the ball every time. He had positive moments as well, but he sure had some moments where you really have to question his decisionmaking. Just like last game where he killed multiple good transitions by poor decisionmaking and poor passing. Yesterdays cameo was not the strong case to be a starter as many in here claims.

He isn’t perfect but he’s our only winger who has the ability to beat the full back consistently.

He's not perfect right now but he's also our best attacker. We need to keep in mind that he's had very little senior football for someone at his age. He needs minutes and a consistent run in the team.

Do you mean when he fired that hopeless effort form 30 yards out when we had 3 players in the box or the 3 times he just insisted on trying to dribble into the box when they had full cover on him just to easily lose the ball every time. He had positive moments as well, but he sure had some moments where you really have to question his decisionmaking. Just like last game where he killed multiple good transitions by poor decisionmaking and poor passing. Yesterdays cameo was not the strong case to be a starter as many in here claims.
I mean he is trying..to dribble .. and make things happen..
We need both our fullbacks to do the same

ronaldo scholes rooney and co fired tons of hopeless efforts from 30 yards out back in the days, so guess they were all braindead according to you

Pretty obvious we should be starting him and Garnacho on flanks. It won't happen though because Rashford is untouchable.

Garnacho is younger than Amad, yet streets ahead in terms of development, decision making and aptitude.

Amad has a huge amount of growing up to do which is strange considering he's 22 years old now.
Put it this way, Gravenberch is the same age yet his decision making and development is way in excess of Amads.

There's only so much leeway someone can get, he's now close to 90 appearances in senior football and whilst everyone develops at different ages, I don't think United can rely on Amad whilst he is currently still not making the right decisions during games.

Garnacho is younger than Amad, yet streets ahead in terms of development, decision making and aptitude.

Amad has a huge amount of growing up to do which is strange considering he's 22 years old now.
Put it this way, Gravenberch is the same age yet his decision making and development is way in excess of Amads.

There's only so much leeway someone can get, he's now close to 90 appearances in senior football and whilst everyone develops at different ages, I don't think United can rely on Amad whilst he is currently still not making the right decisions during games.
Players develop at different rates. More at 11. He has played 14 games for us you silly sausage.

What have you got against Amad? Garnacho isn't streets ahead of him at all.

Players develop at different rates. More at 11. He has played 14 games for us you silly sausage.
He has also nearly 90 appearances in senior football.

Him and garnacho have to be first choice wingers for us. Even if they are having a bad game, the chances of creating something out of thin air is something rashford and antony don't have.

What have you got against Amad? Garnacho isn't street's ahead of him at all.
Mmmm...Garnacho isn't streets ahead? Are you serious!?
Garnachos hunger, desire, work rate, output, and end product for me beats Amads, the only thing Amad can currently claim is better technical ability.
Considering Garnacho is two years younger as well.

Mmmm...Garnacho isn't streets ahead? Are you serious!?
Garnachos hunger, desire, work rate, output, and end product for me beats Amads, the only thing Amad can currently claim is better technical ability.
Considering Garnacho is two years younger as well.
Yes I'm serious. Both are at a very similar level. Neither are top players currently.