Amad Diallo Ivory Coast flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Two poor games in a row now. The goal shouldn’t mask the performances.

Garnacho into the starting 11 now, he is considerably better on the right. Up to Amad to fight his way into the team now.
Every time Garnacho starts on right he creates more for strikers. I don't understand ETH philosophy of dismantling things that work for the team.

Every time Garnacho starts on right he creates more for strikers. I don't understand ETH philosophy of dismantling things that work for the team.

Garnacho is still a very greedy player who often makes the wrong decisions in key areas. Are we going to forget how much he frustrated Hojlund last season by routinely ignoring him?

Amad is more of a team player and is a better passer between the lines than Garnacho. I'm not saying there's no place for Garnacho as a starter but he has to earn it back.

He favors his right foot heavily, and he isn’t a fantastic dribbler but he does have a ton of speed. On the right it means he keeps cutting in and just losing the ball but when he is on the right he uses his speed to beat his man all the time.

We should be in the market for a left winger next year. Garnacho’s future is on the right.

Garnacho is still a very greedy player who often makes the wrong decisions in key areas. Are we going to forget how much he frustrated Hojlund last season by routinely ignoring him?

Amad is more of a team player and is a better passer between the lines than Garnacho. I'm not saying there's no place for Garnacho as a starter but he has to earn it back.
Just play Garnacho on the left instead of having Rashford stinking it up. His last good game was nearly 18 months ago.

Amad must've known he was coming off. He started playing a lot more direct as soon as Garnacho started getting ready.

I'm happy he scored and earned more time on the pitch. If you can have a below-par performance and still score it isn't a bad thing at all, especially considering the circumstances.

Amad should be allowed to get a run of games, it's not like Garna was performing in his early run of games awhile back, Amad is still getting used to start games for United and he needs the time to build a rhythm, today's goal is a proof that he can positively contribute even if he does not perform up to standards, I am confident he will get better with time.

His biggest issue is ( and maybe it's manager instructions) that he is too focused on maintaining possession. He often slows the game down and takes too long with the ball because he doesn't want to lose the ball. A winger needs to be more direct and take more risks, especially given how we play.

That's why Garnacho looks to be a bigger threat because he is more direct, and so he creates more. He also loses the ball often which results in counter attacks. Amad is the exact opposite, and it could be how he is being instructed to play, but playing this 4-2-2-2 system with a winger who's so conservative in possession isn't going to lead to many chances.

Just play Garnacho on the left instead of having Rashford stinking it up. His last good game was nearly 18 months ago.

Yeah, it's pretty simple. But I am sure we will see even Anthony before that happens.

I think he’s ok and will improve, but long term, I’m still far from convinced he’ll be anything more than a squad option, no shame in that, but I think some have gone overboard as people are prone to do. Let’s see how things go this season, I’d love him to kick on and become more consistent, he is still young.

Not his best game but he is better at football than Rashford so should be given the entire season on the right while Garnacho plays left.

He did enough that his actions should have resulted in 2 or 3 goals for us so even in a poor game there was positives

Not his best game but he is better at football than Rashford so should be given the entire season on the right while Garnacho plays left.

He did enough that his actions should have resulted in 2 or 3 goals for us so even in a poor game there was positives

Yeah and he is much better in possession than both Garnacho and Rashford and actually allows us to play and keep possession on the right. It wasn't his best game but you can see how he will help the team.

Garnacho and Rashford are a toss up on the left for me. Both give the ball away so often. My feeling is that we likely will need to upgrade our wings.

This is what we have to accept if you want to give him a chance this season, he needs to adjust and find his consistency. Nice that he got a goal though, despite playing so poorly.

Most of the time when Garnaco starts he actually plays poorly though. If you have him starting in the same side with Bruno and Rashford we'll just get turned over time and time again. Amad and Zirkzee will be important because their generally better with the ball and their decision making. Even though he had a poor game, I trust him over a prolonged period of matches to improve the general play from the team on the right hand side.

I wouldn't mind him starting on the left instead of Rashford, he plays a similar game but has a better mindset. He will not stop running and is timing his runs better.

I thought he did a lot wrong in the first half, but then improved in the second. In general I like his passing ability and how he connects with the fullback, and he is also clearly a goal threat.

That being said he is still very young, so we should expect a lot of inconsistency. It's kind of our problem with our entire attack - youth (Diallo, Garnacho, Højlund) and inconsistency (Rashford). Only Bruno can really be relied on to consistently deliver end product.

I felt like the team needs to get him the ball more, when he has the ball he will either keep it or create something, compared to the other options he is the safest area of attack.

Against Brighton Dalot was being overused and Amad was being underused. I wanted the focus to be flipped so that the right side had more of the ball.

Already looked to have a good connection with Zirkzee. I can see that being fruitful.

Didn't play well despite the goal, but he's young and learning and hard to know how he was mentally with his recent bereavement.

Failed to pick up Mitoma on Brighton's first goal as well as some of the other things he struggled with yesterday going the other way.

wAOqWgV.jpeg

k0r1kZT.jpeg

DLnKakT.jpeg

Infuriating how often he was offside in easy moments but hel learn.

I felt like the team needs to get him the ball more, when he has the ball he will either keep it or create something, compared to the other options he is the safest area of attack.

Against Brighton Dalot was being overused and Amad was being underused. I wanted the focus to be flipped so that the right side had more of the ball.
This was very frustrating. It feels like something will happen when Amad gets the ball, and we just kept attacking down the left side which was producing nothing. It makes even less sense because we have no left footed left back on that side so the attacking threat is limited. If we're going to favour attacking down one side it should be the right side.

Amad must've known he was coming off. He started playing a lot more direct as soon as Garnacho started getting ready.

I'm happy he scored and earned more time on the pitch. If you can have a below-par performance and still score it isn't a bad thing at all, especially considering the circumstances.

Basically the summation of Bruno Fernandes as a Manchester United player.

If Diallo has a similar trajectory it's certainly not a bad thing.

This was very frustrating. It feels like something will happen when Amad gets the ball, and we just kept attacking down the left side which was producing nothing. It makes even less sense because we have no left footed left back on that side so the attacking threat is limited. If we're going to favour attacking down one side it should be the right side.

Yeah so many times you watch United and question if any of them have a footballing brain! it's too easy to just blame the manager or one individual. Collectively they should sense it! during the match and then communicate to get the threat on the ball.

But nah! feck that, lets just keep giving it to the right footed full back playing on the left! good times! :annoyed:

The way he messed up that counter opportunity in the first half has me worried about his decision making and technical ability. I'll need to see more of course.

The way he messed up that counter opportunity in the first half has me worried about his decision making and technical ability. I'll need to see more of course.
I'm going to give him a pass considering his personal circumstances, but he has to learn quickly this season if he wants to be our first choice right wing.

We could really do with this guy turning into Salah. Come on.

By far the most sensible solution

I thought he was involved in our best attacking moments and on another day should have had a couple of assists. He also had poor moments involving poor decision making (the pass behind Rashford) or poor execution (chance from the Dalot cross). A mixed bag in other words. I'm happy he's getting playing time and hopefully those kinds of issues will get ironed out as he gets more experience at PL level.

Wouldn't be mad if Garnacho got the starting berth ahead of him. Think he's edged it over Diallo in the last couple of games. None of our players are really playing like they should be nailed on starters. The only reason for that would be lack of other available options. So Diallo, Garnacho and Rashford should be rotated where necessary. Wouldn't mind seeing Rashford come on against tired legs and give the younger guys a chance on either wing.

Been reading up on his stats as a reference for Rashford’s (lack of) effort. They’re really excellent. So heavily involved in everything you would want him to be. A few poor moments but you’d forgive him that with everything he had to deal with over the weekend. Should be nailed on to start against Liverpool.

Been reading up on his stats as a reference for Rashford’s (lack of) effort. They’re really excellent. So heavily involved in everything you would want him to be. A few poor moments but you’d forgive him that with everything he had to deal with over the weekend. Should be nailed on to start against Liverpool.

Yeah he had his "worst" game for us Saturday, yet still created well, scored a great goal, and could have also had an assist if Rashford wasn't marginally offsides. He's our most talented winger at this point for me, people wanting him instantly benched are idiotic. The left side is by far a bigger issue for me, because Rashford is a complete 0 at the moment and Garnacho seems to be a worse overall player on that side as well even if he's more "comfortable" on the left.

Didn't play well despite the goal, but he's young and learning and hard to know how he was mentally with his recent bereavement.

Failed to pick up Mitoma on Brighton's first goal as well as some of the other things he struggled with yesterday going the other way.

wAOqWgV.jpeg

k0r1kZT.jpeg

DLnKakT.jpeg

Yeah, he didn't follow Mitoma. But that ball should never have made it across the goal the way it did.

Yeah, he didn't follow Mitoma. But that ball should never have made it across the goal the way it did.

Absolutely it shouldn't. Fresh in the memory for me is the way Doku kept getting into great defensive positions for City against Chelsea on opening weekend.

You've got to work both ways. Just as a good striker will chase lost causes, a good wide player will track his runner just in case too. It's not even necessarily a just in case, the ball direct to Mitoma was on because Amad wasn't paying enough attention.

Still, like I said, young and learning and perhaps he wasn't thinking too clearly because of what had just happened in his personal life.

Nobody had mention Amad's part in this goal, Maguire's was obvious and was brought up a lot. Only reason I keyed in on it here. Still preventable even with Maguire's feck up if Amad defends properly.

Absolutely it shouldn't. Fresh in the memory for me is the way Doku kept getting into great defensive positions for City against Chelsea on opening weekend.

You've got to work both ways. Just as a good striker will chase lost causes, a good wide player will track his runner just in case too. It's not even necessarily a just in case, the ball direct to Mitoma was on because Amad wasn't paying enough attention.

Still, like I said, young and learning and perhaps he wasn't thinking too clearly because of what had just happened in his personal life.

I'd say he's more than likely just ball watching, maybe hanging back waiting, in case it breaks his way.

We could really do with this guy turning into Salah. Come on.
I know that I am obviously missing something, but I don't see why our coaches don't make him and Mazraoui watch clips of Bukayo Saka and Ben White. Guys, play like that! Mazraoui would need to support on the overlap more, but I don't see whats stopping Amad from being a slightly worse version of Saka.

Amad is quite effective at knicking the ball off the opposition. He can also retain and recycle possession better than Marcus allowing our defensive players to get a rest.

ETH needs to show some support to Amad this season as he will obviously have his ups and downs. The best attacking football we have played this season was in the Community Shield where he linked up with Bruno and Casimero to great effect. Marcus hasn’t been that creative since years back under Ole when he and Martial were in sync.

We need to get Casimero around the box more often as he had several great defence splitting passes against City. If we get Ugarte in and play Casimero and Mainoo with him and Amad on the right our attacking play and control in games should increase a lot. Then it is just a question of our finishing and avoiding individual defensive errors.

Dropping Macguire for De Light would mean the entire back four and keeper are all confident on the ball making the opposition press less effective and reducing the requirement for Casimero to sit so deep to initiate play since Macguire is so deficient on the ball. Macguire had a few chances against Brighton to pass to Rashord who had made a decent run but always choose the short pass instead. You can’t carry passengers in a top level team. Our attacking play should improve as our forward players have a greater chance of getting the ball early when they make runs or in space when the opposition press has been broken by our more skilled back five.

Last edited:
Even on their worst days, Amad and garnacho are capable of creating more than rashford, Sancho and antony, which should be the answer to whom should start for us.

Always start your best performing players. Hopefully this rather simple philosophy works out for ETH.

Well taken goal and a great cross for the disallowed Rashford goal. Appart from that a pretty horrible performance, terrible decisionmaking and execution multiple times in crucial situations and didn't track back (Mitoma) for their first goal.

He needs to raise his level for sure, he should start again against liverpool, but he needs to perform better