2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Pretty much.

He did play two brilliant balls across that there was no one there for, one where Hojlund should have kept running and another where there was no one coming in at the back post.
It was obvious to everyone that it wouldn’t have mattered - he was never going to reach that ball.

I don’t think the goal makes up for Garnacho never passing the ball when he has even the slightest possibility of hitting the goal himself. We could’ve had more goals if he bothered to look for his teammates sometimes.

I disagree. He usaully gets about half as many assists as he does goals. Thats not the sign of a player who is too greedy or does not make the right decisions often.

As usual though because its United and we don’t score alot everything is micro analysed
The last part is true, not the first one. Look at the stat @V.O. posted - he simply doesn’t pass the ball. It’s obvious he needs to learn that to become better

Pretty good at getting in goal scoring positions pretty meh at everything else. He's a less pacey, hardworking Theo Walcott which is a very useful player but hardly the star some think he'll be.
I would love to have seen Walcott attempt that bicycle kick at Goodison Park.

He's great for his age, but hasn't taken his game any further from last season, I feel. Needs adding strength first and foremost, so some off season gym work would benefit.
He definitely has. He already has 5 goals this season. He’s becoming much more productive, and developing a ‘clutch’ gene.

People forget he just turned 20 ffs. Unless you’re generational, wingers tend to start to shine around 25/26 years old. We have a special player on our hands.

He definitely has. He already has 5 goals this season. He’s becoming much more productive, and developing a ‘clutch’ gene.

People forget he just turned 20 ffs. Unless you’re generational, wingers tend to start to shine around 25/26 years old. We have a special player on our hands.
Yup, he should have 2 more goals too. Poor finish against Fulham (not a great pass but should've scored) and that bloody goal that hit Zirkzee.

Tough crowd some of you lot.

Cost us next to nothing, developed through the academy and now a premier league quality player (and international) at 20.

Still developing.

He just needs to work on assessing the best choice of shooting vs. passing and he'll be flying. Once in a while he'll lay on a great ball across the box or something, but nobody is there, and I think a big reason for that is nobody expects him to pass. If he can figure that out he'll start getting more assists and look less wasteful.

It was obvious to everyone that it wouldn’t have mattered - he was never going to reach that ball.

I don’t think the goal makes up for Garnacho never passing the ball when he has even the slightest possibility of hitting the goal himself. We could’ve had more goals if he bothered to look for his teammates sometimes.

Agree. Im not against him taking shots but he would be a lot harder to defend against if opponents knew that Garnacho might consider passing the ball. Right now all a defender has to do is defend against Garnacho trying to get a shot off because that is what Garnacho will do (almost) every time.

Cost us next to nothing, developed through the academy and now a premier league quality player (and international) at 20.

Still developing.
At some point a lot of these things shouldn’t matter. If a player is supposed to be a starter he’s going to be examined through that lens, you can’t just excuse issues or poor performance away with “well he’s an academy lad, didn’t cost much”. Not saying he was poor this weekend, just more so that he’s more than experienced at this point and doesn’t deserve kiddie gloves for irrelevant reasons.

No fullback would look forward to playing against him. He is a nuisance as well as a threat, we need more of that sort.

At some point a lot of these things shouldn’t matter. If a player is supposed to be a starter he’s going to be examined through that lens, you can’t just excuse issues or poor performance away with “well he’s an academy lad, didn’t cost much”. Not saying he was poor this weekend, just more so that he’s more than experienced at this point and doesn’t deserve kiddie gloves for irrelevant reasons.
At what point do you feel these things don’t matter?

No fullback would look forward to playing against him. He is a nuisance as well as a threat, we need more of that sort.
If and when he gets his decision making right of when to shoot and when passing is the better option we will have some player . Further down the line I think he will end up in madrid.

If and when he gets his decision making right of when to shoot and when passing is the better option we will have some player . Further down the line I think he will end up in madrid.
I don't think so. They already have Vinicius, and when they replace him there will most likely be another left winger out there that is a fair bit better than Garnacho.

I think he will be a very good player in the future, just not among the very best that Real Madrid tend to get.

At what point do you feel these things don’t matter?

When discussing performances? After a solid 2 seasons of experience I think the kiddie gloves should come off with regards to young players. Of course that doesn’t mean Garnacho can’t still improve (he’s still only 20), but he’s a full fledged international and consistent starter in our team, so the standard is higher than some young rotational player still adapting to the game at this level.

When discussing performances? After a solid 2 seasons of experience I think the kiddie gloves should come off with regards to young players. Of course that doesn’t mean Garnacho can’t still improve (he’s still only 20), but he’s a full fledged international and consistent starter in our team, so the standard is higher than some young rotational player still adapting to the game at this level.
He’s still a young rotational player though and he is still developing.

Some seem to lose sight of that with their criticism.

Still developing.
No kidding, he's still one of the few players we have that looks like he can produce goal.

What does the caf think about playing him as an out and out striker?

No kidding, he's still one of the few players we have that looks like he can produce goal.

What does the caf think about playing him as an out and out striker?

I think he’s very dangerous running with the ball so you may lose a bit playing him centrally. His goal v City for instance.

He’s more an inverted forward really, although be interesting to see him in a front two.

I think the stylistic development has to be taken into consideration too with how he has and will develop.

When he first came he was more a on the shoulder striker for me who took minimal touches and finished, a but like young Torres maybe.

Then he was moved wide, and even though he cut inside regularly he was going to the by line a lot too.

Now he is marrying the two roles while not first choice and playing in a team still finding consistency. His in a good place for me at the moment.

Maybe im harsher because I watch Barcelona regularly. But I cant help but compare him with Yamal. At this moment, him and Lamine are in two different planets when it comes to team play.

He is either severely improves his shooting and his lack of team play doesnt matter or needs to improve and look up and others more.

He has a tendency to be selfish and look for his own shots only until he scores a goal or shit hits the fan and we’re chasing a game.

He’ll be much better when he finally learns to play the best option.

Maybe im harsher because I watch Barcelona regularly. But I cant help but compare him with Yamal. At this moment, him and Lamine are in two different planets when it comes to team play.

He is either severely improves his shooting and his lack of team play doesnt matter or needs to improve and look up and others more.
It’s definitely a concern as the lack of tactical excellence over the past decade has resulted in a systemic issue which produces or developed players to play with blinkers on and as solo performers. Rashford is the prime example of someone who typically plays by himself and is incapable of high level combination play. So let’s hope Garnacho can overcome that hurdle and we as a team can also help him with better management in this regard. Sometimes players have that potential and sometimes they don’t.

Having said that, Yamal is the wrong player to compare him to as he’s a complete anomaly. He has the sort of ability and variety of tools to hurt you with that Garnacho does not. Not just intelligence, but he’s simply got a great final third pass on him and hence the confidence to rely on it and mix things up. Garnacho is a sub par passer in comparison and to reach a very high level he’ll have to work on it. Even top forwards who are not playmakers tend to be good passers so he won’t get by being a Rashford level passer.

This right here is the biggest problem with United and the fanbase. Football has moved on from individual players playing against their fullbacks and being a nuisance.

Ffs guys, assess players on their ability to pass, play well in a team rather than their individual stats.

The resemblance between him and Ronaldo's first seasons is incredible.

Ronaldo:
03/04 6 goals in 40 games, 0.15 GPG, 18 years old.
04/05 9 goals in 50 games, 0.18 GPG, 19 years old.

Garnacho:
22/23 5 goals in 34 games, 0.147 GPG, 18 years old.
23/24 10 goals in 50 games, 0.2 GPG, 19 years old.

The resemblance between them doesn't end with stats, their determination and drive is also very similar, both were very raw and unpolished at this stage of their career. Granted Cristiano was more naturally gifted but that's pretty much the only difference. How there are people claiming he doesn't progress enough or not good enough when he is on the exact same trajectory as one of the best footballers of all time is beyond me.

The resemblance between him and Ronaldo's first seasons is incredible.

Ronaldo:
03/04 6 goals in 40 games, 0.15 GPG, 18 years old.
04/05 9 goals in 50 games, 0.18 GPG, 19 years old.

Garnacho:
22/23 5 goals in 34 games, 0.147 GPG, 18 years old.
23/24 10 goals in 50 games, 0.2 GPG, 19 years old.

The resemblance between them doesn't end with stats, their determination and drive is also very similar, both were very raw and unpolished at this stage of their career. Granted Cristiano was more naturally gifted but that's pretty much the only difference. How there are people claiming he doesn't progress enough or not good enough when he is on the exact same trajectory as one of the best footballers of all time is beyond me.
Goals isn't the sole measurement for player development or progression.

I find his decision making to still be a weakness of his, and not particularly improved since he broke through.

Most electric player in our team. Makes things happen. I've said before - like everyone else - that he can be selfish and make the wrong decision, but he's young FFS and he's learning. Also, he's playing in a dysfunctional team yet he's one of the few that's capable of hurting the opposition - and he backs himself to do so.

Could be genuinely world class in 3-5 years.

Goals isn't the sole measurement for player development or progression.

I find his decision making to still be a weakness of his, and not particularly improved since he broke through.
You don’t win league points with expected decision making, Grand Vizier.

Love Garnacho. He's the one player in our squad I feel could turn up to any club in the world and become the main man.

He has a mix of talent, pace, workrate and arrogance that is very rare. If we do get anywhere near the top again, I think it will be him who drags us there.

This right here is the biggest problem with United and the fanbase. Football has moved on from individual players playing against their fullbacks and being a nuisance.

Ffs guys, assess players on their ability to pass, play well in a team rather than their individual stats.

That's the biggest problem with United? Fans judging players on an individual basis? Like saying a winger is a nuisance for a fullback.

That's worse than the owners, massively overspending on players, huge injury lists, stupidly big wages, buying players who are nowhere near good enough, buying players who are way past their best.

You sure about that?

Wild take. But fair play to you.

A team that has a couple of those players is a very good team, a team full of talented individuals is what any club wants.
Play well? what does play well mean to you, especially for an attacking player? "Link up play"? Ability to pass backwards? Like Sancho did for us?
That is why Real Madrid dominates football nowadays? Because they have tidy players capable of passing? Or Barca a decade ago?

Fenerbahce 1:1 Man Utd New
Heads bigger than Maguires, needs a loan to the championship or something.

He just isn’t that good, a few great strikes but throwing his arms around like prime Ronaldo when he doesn’t get the ball then giving away the next ball with a shite pass.

Utd need an upgrade on rubbish like this

His arrogance needs to be kept in check immediately. Thinks he's the biggest star in the team and can do whatever he wants, unacceptable. I blame the fans as well for the unwarranted hype, but this guy isn't even half the player an out of form Rashford is yet thinks he's among the best. Needs to be spoken to.

He just isn’t that good, a few great strikes but throwing his arms around like prime Ronaldo when he doesn’t get the ball then giving away the next ball with a shite pass.

Utd need an upgrade on rubbish like this

He is not rubbish but he also isnt prime Ronaldo whom he sometimes seems to think that he is.

Garnacho is talented but he needs to become a smarter player.

Pretty typical from him to struggle right after playing well the other day. As others have said he’s been given a bit of an ego, but when you’re basically United’s main forward at his age it’s not that surprising.

Probably the best of a meh set of attackers. Gives it all but games like these show his current limitations as a player. He isn't likely to develop into a physical beast and doesn't really have the dribbling or speed of an elite winger, which makes me doubt how far he can go as a player. I'd still have him starting on the left which says a lot about the other left wing options.