Alejandro Garnacho Argentina flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Got that Ronaldo attitude where he is happy to take multiple shots from stupid spots but as soon as someone doesn't pass to him when he thinks a chance is on he throws a tantrum.

We're banking on him getting better and better, which he is doing, but these days are frustrating.

He's one of the only genuinely talented players in the squad. Along with Hojilund, Mainoo, De Ligt, Martinez, Eriksen, Rashford when he's arsed. Probably missed a few but you get my drift. He's only 20 too, so you can't even blame him too much for trying to be selfish being surrounded by mediocrity. He wants to win us games.

What % of his shots from the edge of or outside the box result in goals? It must be practically zero. The most we ever get from these shots is a corner, which we end up pissing away nearly every time anyway.

At this stage I can't even blame him for it. If a player is taking that number of low % shots from long distance and not being told to stop, that's on the manager.

Only one who seems to have the desire to do something about the static kind of "attacking mode" we employ more often than not. I definitely appreciate that. But he has to cut those tantrums out. The guy hasn't done anything at all to afford even hints of such behaviour and it isn't a good outlook on him and his surroundings seeing stuff like that.

He's going to find it difficult to improve his allround game if he's only going to utilised in a basic transition style.

You don't pass the ball to your teammates like 8 times out of 10 every game yet you are up in arms because Hojlund did the exact same thing as you just once. There's a slight stink coming from his attitude that I don't like. You aren't a Salah or Ronaldo to feel that everyone should funnel chances towards you to score. Even Salah becomes a creator when the situation arises. He either improves his decision making along with that attitude or he can leave.

Unfortunately he’s never going to be a top level player. His decision making and poor productivity doesn’t show any signs of improving. He’s not always going to have 7/8 chances per game to eventually take one. The fact he’s currently our biggest threat is a concern about our attack in itself. Our front line are so far off the level of the top teams right now.

Some strange criticism of the only player in our team playing anything like the united way.

Unfortunately he’s never going to be a top level player. His decision making and poor productivity doesn’t show any signs of improving. He’s not always going to have 7/8 chances per game to eventually take one. The fact he’s currently our biggest threat is a concern about our attack in itself. Our front line are so far off the level of the top teams right now.
I guess he better retire then.

He’s wasteful, but also the only exciting player we have (other than Bruno when he’s in good form). Often feels like the only player trying to make something happen

Some strange criticism of the only player in our team playing anything like the united way.

What is "the United way"? Continously making the wrong decisions in dangerous positions and taking low percentage pot shots when there are teammates in better positions?

The lad has heart, I'll give him that, and his high energy, running at defenders style will endear him to fans who think he's playing "the United way", but for the most part his end product is f**king abysmal.

He's turning into such a run and shoot player, which was s really bad, we are ruining him.

The United way is running head first in to a wall and having no eye for your team mates?

Watch this clip. Garna would just run straight ahead and not see his team mate

I love Alejando and think he is a fantastic talent. But I worry about him not getting his issues coached out of him because of the way we play under Ten Hag.

He's in the fifth percentile for progressive passes and 91st for shots, that definitely isn't the United way. Our fans are so easily fooled by people who just shoot a lot.

Agree with the above we're at risk of developing another poorly rounded player like with Rashford. His directness is fine but it should be one aspect of his play not his only one.

Funnily enough, our only goal yesterday came after Garnacho did the right thing and passed the ball into the box.

I have some patience with him, because he puts in the effort, never lets his head drop and he does produce goals and assists as well. But we do need to see some improvement in his decision making this year.

He's in the fifth percentile for progressive passes and 91st for shots, that definitely isn't the United way. Our fans are so easily fooled by people who just shoot a lot.

Agree with the above we're at risk of developing another poorly rounded player like with Rashford. His directness is fine but it should be one aspect of his play not his only one.
Progressive passing is certainly the least usable stat for a winger in this United set up? He literally doesn’t have anyone in front of him 95% of the time and a cross or a cut back towards the center wouldn’t count as a progressive pass. It’s like criticizing Bruno for the lack of blocked shots.

That’s not to say that Garnacho isn’t a selfish shoot-first-think-later kind of a player, he certainly is and it’s an issue. But the progressive passing stat is absolutely useless in this context.

Players who perform in similar roles (like Iñaki Williams (bottom 13%) or Martinelli (bottom 10%)) and not as wide playmaking forwards akin to Saka or Salah all have that “issue”, which isn’t an issue at all.

I think he'd usually piss me off as he's definitely a bit selfish but most of our other attackers look scared shitless to actually take on a shot and he's the only one that always looks a goal threat.

I think he'd usually piss me off as he's definitely a bit selfish but most of our other attackers look scared shitless to actually take on a shot and he's the only one that always looks a goal threat.
He didn't look threatening at all yesterday when taking useless pot shots or running straight into players.

The funny thing is, he looked a more rounded player when he just broke into the team. We really underestimate the importance of proper coaching.

He didn't look threatening at all yesterday when taking useless pot shots or running straight into players.

I only remember him taking on one shot that I'd say was ill advised. Other than that he was mostly just an outlet yesterday.

His run and pass played a role in our goal, he passed the ball a lot, won a couple of dangerous free kicks. His dribbling was a bit mixed but not a problem.

The funny thing is, he looked a more rounded player when he just broke into the team. We really underestimate the importance of proper coaching.

Some fans love to use Garnacho and Kobie as an example of ETH being good at developing youth or "bedding in the youth" to the first team. Yet never mention Nick Cox, the man who actually runs the academy. ETH has done nothing over the last year to stamp out Garnachos obvious defeciences. If anything they've been exacerbated by becoming a regular starter with little competition.

I like him but I can't help but feel he's lacking something. Would he get into Arsenal, Liverpool or Citys starting 11?
Still plenty of time to develop though.

I like him but I can't help but feel he's lacking something. Would he get into Arsenal, Liverpool or Citys starting 11?
Still plenty of time to develop though.
We’ll he’s offering more than the likes of Doku, Savinho and Martinelli if that helps with the answer?

We’ll he’s offering more than the likes of Doku, Savinho and Martinelli if that helps with the answer?
And less than the likes of Johnson, Semenyo and Barnes.

I think he is our most exciting attacker and I'd rather have him run at the defenders than anyone else in our squad, but I think he has terrible decision making. If he doesn't improve it - which he hasn't done whatsoever since his breakthrough - he is going to remain the very same player he is now.

Big hopes for him, so would be really disappointing if he limits his own potential. Of course still very young, so time is on his side.

And less than the likes of Johnson, Semenyo and Barnes.

I think he is our most exciting attacker and I'd rather have him run at the defenders than anyone else in our squad, but I think he has terrible decision making. If he doesn't improve it - which he hasn't done whatsoever since his breakthrough - he is going to remain the very same player he is now.

Big hopes for him, so would be really disappointing if he limits his own potential. Of course still very young, so time is on his side.
None of those three play for Arsenal, Liverpool or City though.. :smirk: