2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Frustrating and brilliant

I think some people expect attacking wingers not to shoot unless they score. It’s ridiculous on here with the “Greedy” shouts. Just displays such a lack of football understanding.

I think some people expect attacking wingers not to shoot unless they score. It’s ridiculous on here with the “Greedy” shouts. Just displays such a lack of football understanding.

You expect attacking wingers to take the decision which has the highest chance of ending up in a goal.

Ffs, you don't want 2 wingers and that only look to go in and shoot.

Today, Rashford was unusually unselfish, and the best I've seen him for a while.

Garnacho on the other hand gets full on tunnel vision.

He doesn't have a good pass in his locker, perhaps it's because he doesn't look up.

He makes Rashford look like Pirlo

I don't mind seeing him miss a few shots a game. I'd be a lot more worried if he hesitated and tried to find a pass that wasn't on. He's a constant thorn in the opposition's side and he's only just turned 20. Very exciting prospect.

Good game today especially in the 2nd half. Left wing definitely his best position, he's not half the player on the right, but is Ten Hag gonna start him there on a regular basis and move Rashford to the right?

Finishing and decision making needs to improve. His shooting on his left is very poor. I know he'll sometimes have to shoot on his left to keep the full back honest, but they're all slicers to the near post that are going wide or are easy saves.

Ten Hag needs to tell him to cut down on shooting on his left, the mantra needs to be "low and hard to the far post", with the instruction to Hojlund to get the f**k into the 6 yard box as soon as Garnacho goes onto his left.

I know he put a few balls in that Hojlund was on his heels for, but I think the problem is Hojlund doesn't know what Garnacho is gonna do and that's difficult for a striker to make runs for.

I don't mind seeing him miss a few shots a game. I'd be a lot more worried if he hesitated and tried to find a pass that wasn't on. He's a constant thorn in the opposition's side and he's only just turned 20. Very exciting prospect.
One of his faults today was crossing when it wasn't on. He'll learn.

He's in the 92nd percentile for shots taken among AMs and wingers while his passing stats look like this:
Screenshot-2024-10-19-195414.png

He's objectively a greedy player, whether you're watching him or looking at his stats - but not all of us have your "football understanding" of course.

Excellent second half but first half he still worked very hard, if he improves his decision making, he will be a menace to defenders in the league

Pretty good at getting in goal scoring positions pretty meh at everything else. He's a less pacey, hardworking Theo Walcott which is a very useful player but hardly the star some think he'll be.

Pretty good at getting in goal scoring positions pretty meh at everything else. He's a less pacey, hardworking Theo Walcott which is a very useful player but hardly the star some think he'll be.

Yeah he is very hard working which I love but has no real standout qualities. He's quick but not quick enough, a decent dribbler, good first touch, not that creative, just a solid winger. I do think his finishing may develop as time goes on so I could see him getting 20 goals in a season all comps, however, he really shouldn't be a starter for a top 4/title fighting team. Says more about the quality of our wingers and Rashford that he is arguably our best winger.

Yeah he is very hard working which I love but has no real standout qualities. He's quick but not quick enough, a decent dribbler, good first touch, not that creative, just a solid winger. I do think his finishing may develop as time goes on so I could see him getting 20 goals in a season all comps, however, he really shouldn't be a starter for a top 4/title fighting team. Says more about the quality of our wingers and Rashford that he is arguably our best winger.
Aye, on his current trajectory he seems like he's heading towards being a bit like a Jota/Trossard type impact sub or second choice for a top side.

Still only 20 though, and loads of time for him to turn into something more than that. With a cooler head on his shoulders, he's still a potential main man. If he improves his decision making the same way he's improved his defensive workrate over the last year or two, he could still develop into one hell of a player.

Very good game imo. I liked that when things did not work for him, he at least was fighting. Great goal too and our most dangerous player

A bit erratic in his decision-making at times, especially during the first half, but his presence was a constant threat throughout the match. Given how dangerous he was, it felt inevitable that he would eventually find the back of the net—and what a finish it was! Overall, a solid performance.

Aye, on his current trajectory he seems like he's heading towards being a bit like a Jota/Trossard type impact sub or second choice for a top side.

Still only 20 though, and loads of time for him to turn into something more than that. With a cooler head on his shoulders, he's still a potential main man. If he improves his decision making the same way he's improved his defensive workrate over the last year or two, he could still develop into one hell of a player.

Yeah he could, I definitely wouldn't rule it out. I just don't really see him developing physically into a physical monster or having the technical ability to turn into a dribbling monster. Jota/Trossard level is a good comparison. He'll likely be good enough to be part of a set of wingers without ever being good enough to be the main man.

It's called decision making mate. You go for the option which is most likely to result in a goal.

He is a decent talent but his decision making is his biggest weakness.
I disagree. He usaully gets about half as many assists as he does goals. Thats not the sign of a player who is too greedy or does not make the right decisions often.

As usual though because its United and we don’t score alot everything is micro analysed

Good finish for the goal. A lot more threatening than he was against Villa. I don't mind him shooting when a better option isn't available but he needs to get his head up a bit more as there were a few occasions in the first half where clearly a pass was the better option. Needs to add that maturity and consistency to his game.

You expect attacking wingers to take the decision which has the highest chance of ending up in a goal.

Ffs, you don't want 2 wingers and that only look to go in and shoot.

Today, Rashford was unusually unselfish, and the best I've seen him for a while.

Garnacho on the other hand gets full on tunnel vision.

He doesn't have a good pass in his locker, perhaps it's because he doesn't look up.

He makes Rashford look like Pirlo
It’s the same bollocks that was said about Greenwood. The top players shoot. People need to get over it. There’s far more frustrating parts to his game.

He's in the 92nd percentile for shots taken among AMs and wingers while his passing stats look like this:

He's objectively a greedy player, whether you're watching him or looking at his stats - but not all of us have your "football understanding" of course.
No he objectively takes a lot of shots, that doesn’t make him greedy. That’s the part this is nonsense.

That’s some graph of absolute rubbish

Rashford is our best winger, by far.

It’s the same bollocks that was said about Greenwood. The top players shoot. People need to get over it. There’s far more frustrating parts to his game.
I think the difference between them is Greenwood was better than Garnacho. I gave him more leeway to shoot, because his shooting was actually top class. I do remember people calling him greedy, but I was okay with it more often than not.

Garnacho will highly unlikely ever be a better finisher than Greenwood. I don't want him to shoot every time he cuts inside. He can be better than that.

The kid always give 100%

Such a great attitude, happy he got his goal today.

No he objectively takes a lot of shots, that doesn’t make him greedy. That’s the part this is nonsense.
He takes a lot of shots from positions where attempting a pass or cross would be better, and most other wingers/wide forwards look for a pass far more often than he does. He doesn't have a good conversion rate of the shots he takes because he shoots from wide angles, distance, and on his weaker foot so often.

Today it worked out, and we benefit a lot from his directness when his gambles come off, but to go to the next level he needs to take the percentage option more often, rather than take someone on and/or shoot 90% of the time regardless of the situation like he currently does.

The best wide forwards, even if they are clearly pretty greedy players (eg Salah) will still take the option that gives the team the best chance of scoring more often than not, rather than just automatically trying a take on and shot from anywhere in the opposition third.

Rashford is our best winger, by far.

On talent he is and yet throughout his career here at multiple points he has been dropped for various youth teamers and wingers who on talent aren't as good as him. Tells you a lot about him as a player.

I had him at 20 goals this season and I think he’ll get there comfortably if he stays healthy.

He's a massive talent, but can't help but think, if he's our main goal threat this season, we're in trouble.

Still think he is a bench player at best, playing against tired defences.

On talent he is and yet throughout his career here at multiple points he has been dropped for various youth teamers and wingers who on talent aren't as good as him. Tells you a lot about him as a player.

Who has he been dropped for? I'm not saying he hasn't had bad seasons or periods of bad form, but all of his managers so far loved him and trusted him other than maybe Rangnick?

There is something massively wrong in our coaching or club culture that encourages individual play and discourages team work.

Someone needs to look into it. When Garnacho first came in he was unselfish and always looked to pass - now he’s incredibly selfish and takes low percentage shots (the one with the left foot) when others are in much better position.

Greenwood was the same when he was at Utd but a completely different and unselfish player at Getafe.

It's definitely our game plan. It was give it to Garnacho and let him run wild. It used to be give it to Rashford. But in this game for some reason Rashford was playing a bit more like a winger. Cross, pass and only take on when
necessary. It worked but it's not sustainable.

When we come up against a fast back line then we are done. Like at Tottenham where they had Porro and Van Der Ven who are lightening quick. Or even defences who sit deep and compact the space. It's not as if we haven't tried this for years and years and don't know the limits of the strategy.

He's great for his age, but hasn't taken his game any further from last season, I feel. Needs adding strength first and foremost, so some off season gym work would benefit.