Alejandro Garnacho Argentina flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
At what point do we start expecting more of him? Almost a guaranteed starter in the team now and it's been about 2 years since he's come into the first team and he still makes stupid mistakes. And we are funelling so many chances to him to a point where it appears that he is our best attacker at the moment when he clearly is not.

Two glorious chances where he doesn't even work the goalkeeper, barely tried to take on AWB as he probably knows his dribbling is useless if he can't beat anyone for pace. Can't pass for shit as he misplaced a very simple 5 yard pass which led to West Ham's first goal.

Feels like a lot of misplaced faith in our inconsistent shit attackers coming good.

For better or for worse, he's our best attacking prospect. He's young and we should persist but remember to take him out the firing line from time to time.

I'd like to see his progressive pass statistics because I almost never see him play the ball forward. Almost never. It's always a check back pass or a square pass, or a cross, but never a forward penetrative pass, or a pass forward into Hojlund's feet.

Sort of what I mean today. Amad would be getting pelters for that performance and be questioned whether he’s ever good enough, but it’s just another day at the office for Garnacho who’s seemingly an automatic starter. And why in gods name ETH would rather have him on the end of these chances than Rashford is beyond me.

He gets a feck load of leeway with fans because his style is aggressive and direct which United fans will always gravitate to, but he’s not got enough quality to be an automatic starter right now. Either his technique needs to improve or his decision making needs to be more consistent, because right now shunting Rashford onto the right and/or perma benching Amad isn’t worth what Garnacho is giving us as a sure fire starter in his preferred position.

Yeah he’s an interesting one but let’s be honest, he’s being depended on without necessarily being ready due to us blowing a wad of cash on Sancho & Antony and Rashford basically being woeful for the past 18 months or so.

Unchecked power is never a good thing. We will ruin him

Great assist on Ham’s first goal. Good and exciting as he is, he dangerously and foolishly gives the ball away farrrrr too often. This really needs to be seriously addressed by our coaching staff. I’ll tell you one thing, a veiny, red faced Alex Ferguson would have long ago been in his face and blow dryer down his throat threatening his life about giving the ball away like that. And long ago that careless shite would’ve stopped and Alejandro would be a much better footballer by now.

That is the difference between now and then.

Squandered good chances and gave the ball away that led to their first goal, not a good game for the kid.

Squandered good chances and gave the ball away that led to their first goal, not a good game for the kid.
He’s been pretty poor this season but he’s our top goal scorer in the EPL with 2 goals and 1 assist in 9 games.

This is just how bad this season been for goals, we’ve scored 8 goals in 9 Games and our eight attacking options if I include Mount and Bruno have scored 6 between them and Garnaucho got 33% of those, it’s obvious what United’s problem is?

They don’t take their chances, don’t score more goals throughout the team. If we were grading their ability to score from the following categories;

1. Corner and Set Piece - 4/10
2. Direct Free Kicks - 2/10
3. Breaking Down teams low block- 1/10
4. Fast Transition Counter Attacks - 5/10
5. Overloading the Penalty Area - 2/10
6. Third Man Run and Cut back penalty 2/10
7. Penalty Kicks - 3/10

We can’t get penalties as the wrong people are not on the pitch against tired legs, we don’t score direct free kicks because Eriksen and Rashford are not taking the majority of free kicks. We need a coach and at least a new right winger and an experienced CF just to address the woeful quality we currently have within the squad.

A Man United team scoring 8 PL goals in 9 games is reason alone to sack this idiot?

He’s been pretty poor this season but he’s our top goal scorer in the EPL with 2 goals and 1 assist in 9 games.

This is just how bad this season been for goals, we’ve scored 8 goals in 9 Games and our eight attacking options if I include Mount and Bruno have scored 6 between them and Garnaucho got 33% of those, it’s obvious what United’s problem is?

They don’t take their chances, don’t score more goals throughout the team. If we were grading their ability to score from the following categories;

1. Corner and Set Piece - 4/10
2. Direct Free Kicks - 2/10
3. Breaking Down teams low block- 1/10
4. Fast Transition Counter Attacks - 5/10
5. Overloading the Penalty Area - 2/10
6. Third Man Run and Cut back penalty 2/10
7. Penalty Kicks - 3/10

We can’t get penalties as the wrong people are not on the pitch against tired legs, we don’t score direct free kicks because Eriksen and Rashford are not taking the majority of free kicks. We need a coach and at least a new right winger and an experienced CF just to address the woeful quality we currently have within the squad.

A Man United team scoring 8 PL goals in 9 games is reason alone to sack this idiot?
Don't disagree.

But we had plenty of good reason to sack him even over the summer, I can only shrug my shoulders at what is happening now as I expected it to pan out how it as.

Selfish, wasteful, one dimensional. He isn't as good as he thinks he is and Rashford is twice the player.

For someone who idolises Cristiano he sure hasn't learnt his biggest lesson. Stop trying to score beautiful goals and focus on efficiency..

Unfortunately he’s never going to be a top level player. His decision making and poor productivity doesn’t show any signs of improving. He’s not always going to have 7/8 chances per game to eventually take one. The fact he’s currently our biggest threat is a concern about our attack in itself. Our front line are so far off the level of the top teams right now.
Give him a chance , are we writing off our best attacker at 20 years of age now ?