Alejandro Garnacho Argentina flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Wasn’t great in anything today, summed up by when he tried to play Mainoo in with one of the most half arsed touches I’ve ever seen and then just gave up.

Would also like him to realise he doesn’t have to shoot with every opportunity around the box.

He's better coming off the bench I think.

Also was annoyed with him jogging back at times while Villa were steaming forward. No one in our attack should be afforded that luxury.

Don't think any of our young players are receiving good coaching.

Very poor today. Abysmal really. Nearly always seems to reserve his best form on the left and from the bench.

His pass at the end showed that he lacks top quality. I don't know if he'll ever reach the world class level that he seemed destined for a couple of years ago. As someone said, he needs world class coaching and he's not getting it here.

Just pass to a teammate or cross the ball over now and then!

He either doesn't fancy any of our strikers chances, greedy or instructed to shoot on site. Whatever the reason it's starting to get highlighted and noticed more.

Funny as I hadn't really noticed it until lately but he's really starting to annoy the life out of me with his productivity.

Just pass to a teammate or cross the ball ever now and then!

He either doesn't fancy any of our strikers chances, greedy or instructed to shoot on site. Whatever the reason it's starting to get highlighted and noticed more.

Funny as I hadn't really noticed it until lately but he's really starting to annoy the life out of me with his productivity.
Yeah, it's been that way for a long time now. As soon as the ball goes to Garnacho, the attack is dead - either he's scored or the opposition now have the ball.

It's not as bad when he's played off the right, but on the left he's one of the most selfish players in the league.

He needs a manager that can help him develop don't see ETH coach anything.
I said it last season, but ten Hag hasn't improved Garnacho or Mainoo.

He deserves credit for giving them the opportunity. But I haven't seen any major progression from Garnacho compared to this time 2 years ago. He's still more or less the same player.

Mainoo is actually starting to regress a bit this season. He looks lost in this system.

Poor game. In any other top side he would have been gradually integrated but for us we treat academy players as some messiah and the next Messi.

I said it last season, but ten Hag hasn't improved Garnacho or Mainoo.

He deserves credit for giving them the opportunity. But I haven't seen any major progression from Garnacho compared to this time 2 years ago. He's still more or less the same player.

Mainoo is actually starting to regress a bit this season. He looks lost in this system.
Fully agree.

It's a big problem that our wide players see their first, second and third priority as trying to score rather than trying to create. Throw the Portuguese Stevie Me into the mix and it's a big problem. Whilst all players should be looking to contribute towards our goals tally, cutting inside and trying to shoot in 96 times out of 100 from any wide player we seem to put out there, is a problem.

It's why we're so flat and easy to defend against as you can tell a week out how a large portion of our attacking movement are going to end.