Alejandro Garnacho Argentina flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Wasn’t great in anything today, summed up by when he tried to play Mainoo in with one of the most half arsed touches I’ve ever seen and then just gave up.

Would also like him to realise he doesn’t have to shoot with every opportunity around the box.

He's better coming off the bench I think.

Also was annoyed with him jogging back at times while Villa were steaming forward. No one in our attack should be afforded that luxury.

Don't think any of our young players are receiving good coaching.

Tell him ,either cross or pass, else you are benched ..
Always goes for the spectacular..

Very poor today. Abysmal really. Nearly always seems to reserve his best form on the left and from the bench.

His pass at the end showed that he lacks top quality. I don't know if he'll ever reach the world class level that he seemed destined for a couple of years ago. As someone said, he needs world class coaching and he's not getting it here.

Just pass to a teammate or cross the ball over now and then!

He either doesn't fancy any of our strikers chances, greedy or instructed to shoot on site. Whatever the reason it's starting to get highlighted and noticed more.

Funny as I hadn't really noticed it until lately but he's really starting to annoy the life out of me with his productivity.

Just pass to a teammate or cross the ball ever now and then!

He either doesn't fancy any of our strikers chances, greedy or instructed to shoot on site. Whatever the reason it's starting to get highlighted and noticed more.

Funny as I hadn't really noticed it until lately but he's really starting to annoy the life out of me with his productivity.
Yeah, it's been that way for a long time now. As soon as the ball goes to Garnacho, the attack is dead - either he's scored or the opposition now have the ball.

It's not as bad when he's played off the right, but on the left he's one of the most selfish players in the league.

He needs a manager that can help him develop don't see ETH coach anything.
I said it last season, but ten Hag hasn't improved Garnacho or Mainoo.

He deserves credit for giving them the opportunity. But I haven't seen any major progression from Garnacho compared to this time 2 years ago. He's still more or less the same player.

Mainoo is actually starting to regress a bit this season. He looks lost in this system.

Poor game. In any other top side he would have been gradually integrated but for us we treat academy players as some messiah and the next Messi.

I said it last season, but ten Hag hasn't improved Garnacho or Mainoo.

He deserves credit for giving them the opportunity. But I haven't seen any major progression from Garnacho compared to this time 2 years ago. He's still more or less the same player.

Mainoo is actually starting to regress a bit this season. He looks lost in this system.
Fully agree.

It's a big problem that our wide players see their first, second and third priority as trying to score rather than trying to create. Throw the Portuguese Stevie Me into the mix and it's a big problem. Whilst all players should be looking to contribute towards our goals tally, cutting inside and trying to shoot in 96 times out of 100 from any wide player we seem to put out there, is a problem.

It's why we're so flat and easy to defend against as you can tell a week out how a large portion of our attacking movement are going to end.

It's a big problem that our wide players see their first, second and third priority as trying to score rather than trying to create. Throw the Portuguese Stevie Me into the mix and it's a big problem. Whilst all players should be looking to contribute towards our goals tally, cutting inside and trying to shoot in 96 times out of 100 from any wide player we seem to put out there, is a problem.

It's why we're so flat and easy to defend against as you can tell a week out how a large portion of our attacking movement are going to end.

Agree with this and its absolutely crazy that our manager seemingly doesn’t have a problem with it.

None of our wingers create the same as Saka and whats worse is they dont score like him either.

Blew a couple of great chances where a half decent final ball was needed - not a lot worked for him but he always keeps going and at the very least makes life awkward for his opposite number.

Our attacking options are so poor that he will get way more minutes and responsibility than he probably should at this stage of his career - especially for a club where the spotlight is so bright.

He does the same things all the time - tries to go past defenders from a standing start (he does not have the turn of foot), cuts inside at the corner of the penalty area looking to shoot with his right (he has no left and cannot cross with it), jogs back having been dispossessed (doesn't like to put in defensive shifts). He's definitely not progressed - why though? Either Ten Hag can't develop him or can't motivate him to play a more complete game.

He does the same things all the time - tries to go past defenders from a standing start (he does not have the turn of foot), cuts inside at the corner of the penalty area looking to shoot with his right (he has no left and cannot cross with it), jogs back having been dispossessed (doesn't like to put in defensive shifts). He's definitely not progressed - why though? Either Ten Hag can't develop him or can't motivate him to play a more complete game.
He doesn't really have the ability to consistently beat his fullback through dribbling, but he tries all the time. He's much more effective on the counter, or through simple passing and movement.

He's basically just a Rashford regen

Wants to try and take everyone on or get a shot away, and seems incapable of making the smart decisions.

The only thing he has going for him over Rashford is he works a bit harder in terms of tracking back.

If you were a full-back, you wouldn't be too worried about facing Garnacho. He doesn't stand out in terms of any particular attributes. His work rate and mentality are probably his strongest qualities, which is great, but top teams have players who combine both strong physical or technical skills with solid mentalities and work rate.

Same old story isn't it. Exciting young player comes into the first team, looks good for a while, and then slowly regresses as everything good is coached out of them by a trash manager

He looks lost on the left, much better on the right.

We do have to remember he has only just turned 20. I get frustrated with him sometimes but he has the raw ability, the fight and the work rate, needs to be refined.

Where I have my doubts is 'is he currently getting the best instruction / coaching...'?

I agree and it’s why I find it annoying when people on here have a go at Amad for not impacting games; for me, his patient passing and inclination to involve others is more impactful than the constant speculative efforts of Garnacho and, to a lesser degree, Rashford.

Love the kid. He’s not the finished product yet of course but he is one of the more exciting players we have. Hope we get a coach who can bring the best out of him.

Man Utd 2:1 Brentford New
When he goes into gear, he feels unstoppable. What a finish as well, but I almost feel like he could have gotten 1 or 2 more

When he goes into gear, he feels unstoppable. What a finish as well, but I almost feel like he could have gotten 1 or 2 more
Yeah he almost has a case of the Welbeck’s at times when he gets in and can’t quite make up his mind on what to do and loses his balance easily as he teeters between going left or right.

If he can sort that out he’ll be deadly.

Love his first touch. Always aggressive with it and always right on point. Allows him to consistently take on his man time after time.

Very much a Garnacho game. Made a lot of bad decision by choosing the selfish option/shot (especially during the first 45 minutes) but then scores a really good goal. He has the talent to become a fantastic playe. I just think he wont be able to take that next step up if he doesnt become a little smarter in his decision making.

He is still young enough though, hopefully it will all 'click' soon.

Great goal, loads of threat, good work rate defensively, but some dodgy decision making and a whole lot of selfishness.

It paid off today, but I hope he starts making more mature choices with the ball sooner rather than later.

Very much a Garnacho game. Made a lot of bad decision by choosing the selfish option/shot (especially during the first 45 minutes) but then scores a really good goal. He has the talent to become a fantastic playe. I just think he wont be able to take that next step up if he doesnt become a little smarter in his decision making.

He is still young enough though, hopefully it will all 'click' soon.
Definitely. He has the talent and time to be brilliant if he works on those things.

Have to appreciate his desire and confidence to keep going in games where he's made the wrong decisions a few times, even if he frustrate you at times.

Top finish for the goal today.

Great goal, loads of threat, good work rate defensively, but some dodgy decision making and a whole lot of selfishness.

It paid off today, but I hope he starts making more mature choices with the ball sooner rather than later.

I came in to say the same. Fantastic goal and he has real ability to be a real game winner but the 20 erratic shots a game absolutely kill me when I watch us.

Pretty much.

He did play two brilliant balls across that there was no one there for, one where Hojlund should have kept running and another where there was no one coming in at the back post.

Needs to get the head up a bit more sometimes the only option isn’t just to shoot.
But fantastic 2nd half from him