Alejandro Garnacho Argentina flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
He is so mid it’s unreal. Rashford was making minced meat of their RB all first half. Garnacho comes on and all of a sudden the RB looks like Zanetti.

He’s relentless and gets himself into good positions but he’s nowhere close to being a top talent.

Maybe he's best coming on as an impact player but unfortunately for us he doesn't believe that for one second.

I thought he did us proud tonight. He seemed like our only attacking threat in the second half. Right down to the last few seconds where he chased after the defender, won the ball back and won a free kick.

The boy is 20 and has a lot of potential and raw talent. He needs to play in a functioning team and system with proper day-to-day coaching.

I continue to believe that Garnacho is better off the right than the left. Playing on his natural foot means he has to think more about the game than just trying to cut inside and shoot.

Good player who plays with alot of enthusiasm and fight but the management are clearly not improving other aspects of his game. He's young though but he's in danger of not realising his potential because of shoddy coaching.

Rashford is a better LW (when in form) and Garnacho seems to perform better on the right. His development seems to have stalled a little though - which probably comes down to not being coached properly and playing in a malfunctioning team. Will be interesting to see how he develops if/when we get a competent manager in.

Aston Villa 0:0 Man Utd New
He has been terrible this season. What’s happened to his first touch?

He needs to be benched. The only thing he offers is energy, which is more impactful if he comes off the bench for that last 20-30 mins.

Looks to be going the way of Januzaj, decent but way overhyped and not good enough.

People keep talking about our midfield, but our front four really take the cake in terms of how bad they've been. Can't create anything, have zero composure on the counter and keep giving the ball away cheaply and inviting pressure.

Can't believe a club like ours have so many attackers who wouldn't even stand out for a club like Everton, Forest, Wolves or Newcastle right now.

For those that didn't watch the game, Garnacho f'd up a 3 on 2 break in stoppage time. That was typical of what he offered today.

I am a huge backer of his but he's been bad recently. We can only hope he finds form while away with Argentina.

And the annoying thing is that we have fallen so far down the pecking order and have such a bad first team scouting system that we have very little chance of signing someone who can actually come in and improve us.

Needs benching for a while, defensively he was a liability, constantly letting his man go, attacking he constantly made the incorrect decision or executed it poorly.

Needs benching for a while, defensively he was a liability, constantly letting his man go, attacking he constantly made the incorrect decision or executed it poorly.
He's worse off the ball than Rashford and that's saying something.

People keep talking about our midfield, but our front four really take the cake in terms of how bad they've been. Can't create anything, have zero composure on the counter and keep giving the ball away cheaply and inviting pressure.

Can't believe a club like ours have so many attackers who wouldn't even stand out for a club like Everton, Forest, Wolves or Newcastle right now.
And that’s after £600m spent by ETH alone, more than the likes of Real and Bayern in the same window.

He's worse off the ball than Rashford and that's saying something.

No he isn't. But lately he's been worse on the ball. More selfish, taking too many touches trying to hold the ball off his marker even under pressure near his own box like Bruno, rather than just lay it off to a teammate.

If he was a youth product at any other club but us he wouldn’t have half as much of the profile he has built up.

The club has developed great young attacking players and United PR kicks in and thinks any decent teenager is the next big academy product.

He is a good young player and that’s about it. We struggle to score because we have players of his quality starting.

Utter shite today. He needs to learn that his current performances are not good enough. Seems like all the bigging up from fans has got to his head and thinks he's way better than he actually is. Thought he improved his decision making against Barnsley but he was back to being selfish today.

Shite first touch as he's inconsistent at it and his dribbling is ineffective as feck. If he can't beat anyone for pace then there is nothing to his dribbling. Needs to get his down and focus on improving his game. I barely see any improvement from when he broke through.

He’s actually terrible at dribbling isn’t he. Very much a pass and move player and he’s basically useless if he’s on the right and has no space to run into.

I'd play an out of form Rashford over him almost every time. I can't believe there is a section of the fanbase who somehow believe that Garnacho is better than Rashford, let alone anywhere near him as a player. He's very erratic when he plays, goes from being in control of a ball to getting easily brushed away, misses straightforward passes, loses his cool and shoots anytime he's around the box. He's clearly the unfinished article and our fanbase needs to stop hyping him up so much.

Is he in the middle of some kind of extended childish tantrum towards Hojlund? I struggle to remember a single time he's actually even tried to pass to him.

Honestly, I think he's very fortunate to be at a club where there is such a lack of quality in the attacking positions. He's getting far more games than he would at another top club, who have players who are close or closer to the finished article. On the one hand, great for him to be getting game time. On the other hand, he's got no other players to look up to, to learn off, to aspire to, or for him to challenge/look to replace. The competition is close to zero. I worry about his development and whether or not we're ever truly to going to see more than what we've already seen.

Hugely overrated on here. His passing is mediocre, his dribbling is iffy and his decision making is iffy. On top of that his technique is hit and miss and he’s selfish. I just don’t see it with him. Can turn out to be good on his day but mostly it doesn’t. Should be a squad player.

He has all the worst traits of Ronaldo when he was a teenager without any of the skill and star potential.

Overrated, but I don't want to blame any of our attackers (besides Bruno) too much in this batshit set-up.

Think Cash actually defended that last counter well.
He did. Didn't over commit to the ball and positioned himself really well to make the pass difficult. Not sure it was as easy a pass as being made out.

I have some faith left in him but he's a very predictable player.