Alejandro Garnacho Argentina flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

6.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
He usually finishes his chances so no issue with him. Sometimes its not your day

There's a part in Roy Keane's first book where he recalls something that happened in training.

Schmeichel for some reason was playing outfield and missed a chance, some half volley iirc. He offered up some excuse saying it was a difficult chance to convert, to which Eric Cantona said, "For you, maybe."

Well, if he was the Kings level, sure, he’s a young player so I’m not going to hold it against him.

It is not just his missed chances, I felt he was not as dangerous as he usually is and didn't connect well with his team mates either

Much better from him, but has to score one of those chances today if he expects to start.

He was brilliant first half. That would have been some goal and people are doing that chance a huge disservice saying it was a simple finish! It was an incredibly difficult chance that he almost took brilliantly. Sometimes football is about small margins and they just didn’t land for us today.

He was brilliant first half. That would have been some goal and people are doing that chance a huge disservice saying it was a simple finish! It was an incredibly difficult chance that he almost took brilliantly. Sometimes football is about small margins and they just didn’t land for us today.
Bang on. Should have taken his 1st chance on his left peg though.

Thought he was really good first half. I think he's got some way to go to develop but out of who we have, he is the most effective outwide. He'll make mistakes, his judgement is still improving. But regardless as who is on the pitch, if we're looking to attack down the flank then this guy needs to be the main guy we look to.

It is not just his missed chances, I felt he was not as dangerous as he usually is and didn't connect well with his team mates either
Because we were playing Dalot in middle and never really started our attack from left side.

I’m getting really wound up by how many people keep giving the impression we missed a load of really easy chances. Palace missed easier chances than anything we created. The left foot chance for Garnacho was far from easy and we won’t win anything so long as he gets shit for missing that chance and the one that hits the woodwork. All attacking players miss chances. The ones that play for good teams will get more chances to redeem themselves than Garnacho did yesterday.

I’m getting really wound up by how many people keep giving the impression we missed a load of really easy chances. Palace missed easier chances than anything we created. The left foot chance for Garnacho was far from easy and we won’t win anything so long as he gets shit for missing that chance and the one that hits the woodwork. All attacking players miss chances. The ones that play for good teams will get more chances to redeem themselves than Garnacho did yesterday.
I don't think they were easy chances per se, but they were definitely good chances and I counted at least 5 that I would consider that.
I also think the leniency Garnacho gets won't necessarily have been afforded to Rashford.
I have no issues with Garnacho, I think he's developed brilliantly for his age.

That Bruno travela shot for instance, looks harder that it was because of the type of shot he went with.

The De ligt header was a great chances. Zirkzee also put one wide.

On another day, one of these goes in and we get a comfortable win.

I don't think they were easy chances per se, but they were definitely good chances and I counted at least 5 that I would consider that.
I also think the leniency Garnacho gets won't necessarily have been afforded to Rashford.
I have no issues with Garnacho, I think he's developed brilliantly for his age.

That Bruno travela shot for instance, looks harder that it was because of the type of shot he went with.

The De ligt header was a great chances. Zirkzee also put one wide.

On another day, one of these goes in and we get a comfortable win.

I would rate all three of Palace’s chances as better than any of ours. Or certainly at least as good. So if you’re going to use hypotheticals about missed chances going in there’s still no guarantee of a different result.

Man Utd 1:1 FC Twente New
Quite surprised no one has commented on his almost 30 minute performance against Twente. Perhaps it exemplifies how a non entity he was in terms of impact.

Unfortunately for Garnacho, Twente scored as soon as the game was resumed after he was subbed on. That goal gave the visitors momentum and our attack didn't really come alive again despite the late and fruitless surge on thier goal.

Garnacho had a late long range shot, a cut back to no one and another pass across goal in a good area that again didn't find a teammate. He didn't play with his usual panache and didn't really take on his markers.

Last edited:
Quite surprised no one has commented on his almost 30 minute performance against Twente. Perhaps it exemplifies how a non entity he was in terms of impact.

Unfortunately for Garnacho, Twente scored as soon as the game was resumed after he was subbed on. That goal gave the visitors momentum and our attack didn't really come alive again despite the late and fruitless surge on thier goal.

Garnacho had a late long range shot, a cut back to no one and another pass across goal in a good area that again didn't find a teammate. He didn't play with his usual panache and didn't really take on his markers.
He was meh, had a lot of energy but Rashford seemed to have more success with that fullback than he did. Had a few decent combinations I guess but he's also not really a clean combination-type player so against packed boxes you'd probably just rather see him abuse the byline and cut it back into the box.