Alejandro Garnacho Argentina flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Lovely to watch when he's on it like tonight.

Should have got his hat trick.

Excellent performance.

I'm usually quite critical of Garnacho. Not because I think he's a poor player. I think a player who should be a bench option for the level we want to be at.
Today he was amazing. He's got the kind of hunger that overcomes genius.

I'm usually quite critical of Garnacho. Not because I think he's a poor player. I think a player who should be a bench option for the level we want to be at.
Today he was amazing. He's got the kind of hunger that overcomes genius.
I think that about Dalot too, but it's not like we've got Cafu to start ahead of him. Garna is easily out best winger, he just needs to be managed or his form falls off a cliff.

I said it before the season started, 30 G/A should be the aim this year. If he stays fit he’s got it in him.

Turning into a productivity beast, every game involved in creating sitters or being on the end of them. Great sign.

The fans criticizing and doubting him at this point are just weird. He's 20 ffs, get a grip. We have a major talent here.

Goal vs City in CS, assist vs Fulham, goal vs Brighton that was ruled out, goal at Southampton after coming on and now 2+2 goals and assists. Really like his start to this season and generally his whole development ever since coming into first team in 2022.

Goal vs City in CS, assist vs Fulham, goal vs Brighton that was ruled out, goal at Southampton after coming on and now 2+2 goals and assists. Really like his start to this season and generally his whole development ever since coming into first team in 2022.
And he is top of the team in G+A so far.

Really liked how unselfish he was tonight. That was the major thing that stood out for me. Too often in the past he used to go for goal even if there was a better option available. Looks like that decision making is improving which is wonderful to see.

The guy is a star in the making. Ridiculously productive with goals and assists, and is getting better with every game. His decision making is getting so much better too.

Should get the number 7 shirt.
No, let's keep him hungry. Even now ETH is doing the right thing by bringing him off the bench and keeping him hungry. It can only be good for the squad if Rashford has a battle on his hands for his position.

So far this season, Garnacho's form has been encouraging but he can be better and he needs to reach a level when it's going to be hard to keep him out of the starting lineup.

He’s dynamite. Reminds me of Sadio Mane, and I think he could give us similar output if we play him enough.
This is precisely the comp that I am most reminded off. Like Mane, his technique looks kind of scruffy on the eye test, especially when contrasted against a player like Amad on the other flank. This usually causes me to think there's a sort of "ceiling" that would prevent such players from becoming "world class" - however you want to define it... but both Mane and Garnacho seem to have this directness + productivity about them that makes it difficult to ignore. Mane was also a very powerful runner, and Garnacho seems a little too slight currently - but I am excited to see how he continues to develop.

We really need to find a way of getting him, Amad & Rashy all in the team together. Not having them all competing against each other.

He’s by far our most exciting player to watch. Even when he’s having an off game he’s always capable of producing something out of nothing.
He just never gives up trying. Fantastic mentality.

We really need to find a way of getting him, Amad & Rashy all in the team together. Not having them all competing against each other.

He’s by far our most exciting player to watch. Even when he’s having an off game he’s always capable of producing something out of nothing.
Amad in the 10

Second league start of the season is coming vs Palace on Saturday IMO. He's simply forced ETH's hand with his performances this season so far, bar the Liverpool game, but it's not like the team was collectively not terrible in that match, and Garnacho was some weak link.

Rashford has done well in the last few games too, but I think ETH will bench him for the next game, and after that it will depend on Garnacho's and Amad's performances, but I don't think they will become the mainstay winger pairing just yet. I can envision a few more weeks or 1-2 months of Garnacho being 3rd choice winger, as I think ETH is trying to manage his minutes after he's played so much football in the last 12-18 months at such a young age.

With Amad being the opposite of Garnacho basically, desperately needing a lot of first team football at 22, and Rashford also having the whole summer off after missing the Euros, there is a good opportunity now to manage Garnacho's minutes IMO.

It's also important to consider how effective and productive Garnacho has been coming off the bench vs tired legs in his United career so far.

Should start 75% of our games on LA. Clearly our best player there. Rotate Rashford up front with Hojlund and Zirkzee and then rotate Amad, Antony, and Zirkzee on the right.

Second league start of the season is coming vs Palace on Saturday IMO. He's simply forced ETH's hand with his performances this season so far, bar the Liverpool game, but it's not like the team was collectively not terrible in that match, and Garnacho was some weak link.

Rashford has done well in the last few games too, but I think ETH will bench him for the next game, and after that it will depend on Garnacho's and Amad's performances, but I don't think they will become the mainstay winger pairing just yet. I can envision a few more weeks or 1-2 months of Garnacho being 3rd choice winger, as I think ETH is trying to manage his minutes after he's played so much football in the last 12-18 months at such a young age.

With Amad being the opposite of Garnacho basically, desperately needing a lot of first team football at 22, and Rashford also having the whole summer off after missing the Euros, there is a good opportunity now to manage Garnacho's minutes IMO.

It's also important to consider how effective and productive Garnacho has been coming off the bench vs tired legs in his United career so far.
Why on earth would ETH bench Rashford?

He's just found some form and his confidence will be high, Rashford's history shows when he's in a confident mood he tends to go on scoring runs, ETH would be mad to bench him now

He's just found some form and his confidence will be high, Rashford's history shows when he's in a confident mood he tends to go on scoring runs, ETH would be mad to bench him now
All three wingers have a case for starting right now. But Rashford being the more experienced and recent confidence issues will likely get the nod.

He was terrific last night. His engine is really something - the kid is direct and intense throughout the game which is his biggest strength.

We don’t. Unless Amad can transition to a 10, it’s a good problem to have. Amad gives you all round excellence, Garnacho intense engine and direct wing play and Rashford has had pedigree of consistent end product. I’d argue that all three are currently not the ideal winger given they are either a work in progress or just coming back from a terrible season, but all three have played well of late and it’s a good to have options instead of shoehorning them together. None of them MUST start every game atm and all have to prove their worth.

We'll see. Not saying it'll happen for sure, but Garnacho has done really well in the limited minutes he's got this season, and since Amad was rested for the League Cup game, I reckon he starts vs Palace.

Sitting out one game, or getting just 30 minutes isn't really the end of the world for Rashford. If he is benched vs Palace, he still probably starts vs Twente anyways...or, it could be Garnacho who once again comes in as a sub vs Palace and starts the Europa game.

Rotation will be happening between those three IMO and Rashford won't always start, even if he's in good form. It's just that starting the season with Rashford and Amad made the most sense IMO from a minutes point of view.

We'll see. Not saying it'll happen for sure, but Garnacho has done really well in the limited minutes he's got this season, and since Amad was rested for the League Cup game, I reckon he starts vs Palace.

Sitting out one game, or getting just 30 minutes isn't really the end of the world for Rashford. If he is benched vs Palace, he still probably starts vs Twente anyways...or, it could be Garnacho who once again comes in as a sub vs Palace and starts the Europa game.

Rotation will be happening between those three IMO and Rashford won't always start, even if he's in good form. It's just that starting the season with Rashford and Amad made the most sense IMO from a minutes point of view.
We've been so bad for so long that many can't remember the last time we had performing players on the bench. As a result, we've developed something of scarcity mentality where we want to fit all of them into the team all at once.
Hopefully we're turning a corner and are moving towards the days were outclassing poor teams becomes known as "just doing your jobs".
This is where the teams we want of compete with are at.
It's how you create a culture of excellence.
I think Garnacho starts on the bench again, with the view of starting him against FC Twente.

He’ll go with Rashford upfront with Amad and Garnacho on the flanks. No way he’s dropping Rashford and Garnacho after they both scored again.

I prefer him on the left personally, but what an asset to have where he can play left or right effectively

Really nice to have issues with who to play where in attack for a change

Rashford has to perform now or he’ll lose his place.. in the past he could mope about for 90 minutes safe in the knowledge there’s nobody else to come in

He’s an interesting player. I don’t think he is a really exciting dribbler or a particularly good finisher (if that is even real?), but with his workrate, speed, good movement and decision making he gets into a lot of good positions and executes well.

There is no way Rashford is getting benched after finally starting to finding form and confidence after ages. What Garnacho and Amad are striving to do, Rashford has achieved in the past so first priority for ETH will be to continue that.