Alejandro Garnacho Argentina flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Still too slight in his build, needs to develop physically to take his game further, but had busy summer, so has come into this season same place he finished last.

Anyway, when he was breaking out 2 seasons ago, thought eventually, it's going to be a can of worms in the future, as he's primarly left winger, and he'd have to duke it out with Rashford for a starting spot, and don't think any of them will be happy with bench/sub role. Seen glimpses of him being unhappy with sub last season, it might boil over this year. Wouldn't be surprised if he feels he should be ahead of Rashford and is quietly simmering.

Still too slight in his build, needs to develop physically to take his game further, but had busy summer, so has come into this season same place he finished last.

Anyway, when he was breaking out 2 seasons ago, thought eventually, it's going to be a can of worms in the future, as he's primarly left winger, and he'd have to duke it out with Rashford for a starting spot, and don't think any of them will be happy with bench/sub role. Seen glimpses of him being unhappy with sub last season, it might boil over this year. Wouldn't be surprised if he feels he should be ahead of Rashford and is quietly simmering.

He needs to prove that then as, on performances so far this season, he’s 1-3 against Rashford (the only match he has been better was the Charity Shield). He has ownership of the starting position at RW currently, so I suspect he’s going to be more irritated if Amad gets ahead of him.

He needs to prove that then as, on performances so far this season, he’s 1-3 against Rashford (the only match he has been better was the Charity Shield). He has ownership of the starting position at RW currently, so I suspect he’s going to be more irritated if Amad gets ahead of him.

Not saying myself he's earned the starting spot, just viewing it from his point of view. EtH seems to have blind loyalty to Rashford, akin to LvG to Rooney, and Garnacho has actually contributed this season and even fans have made it clear, that Rashford needs to get benched. If he persists with Rashford, while rotating Amad and Garnacho, feel it's gonna give us another unnecessary headline, eventually.

Played and got the assist for Dybala’s goal. Apparently he was a big fan as a kid.

Statman Dave is insufferable. :lol: Posting stats in the least useful way possible. How is this important 3 games in the season? Let's see how he does over an entire season and see if he has scored or assisted every 55 minutes then.

"Luis Sinisterra for Bournemouth with one goal and one assist in 108 minutes, averaging G+A every 54 minutes. The new Neymar."

https://www instagram com/p/C_xppK5oGyu/?igsh=OHFlM2Vtcno2eGJ0

Obviously not related to his performances, but he stupidly liked this post. Watch the media make headlines out of it.

Edit: Can't post media yet, but it's a Romano tweet quoting Ronaldos interview with Rio that is slating Ten Hag. Remove the spaces if you wish to see.

Garnacho has done it multiple times. He's definitely not very bright. He also seems to not be much of a fan of Ten Hag.

You don't often see these things happening when teams are doing well.

As a player I imagine it can be grating to see years of your career being wasted with someone you perceive to not be up to the job.

You don't often see these things happening when teams are doing well.

As a player I imagine it can be grating to see years of your career being wasted with someone you perceive to not be up to the job.
He's 20 and getting opportunities he wouldn't be getting at any big club in Europe.

I wonder if he's just mindlessly liked something posted from his idol

Garnacho has done it multiple times. He's definitely not very bright. He also seems to not be much of a fan of Ten Hag.

Neither is Amad, we are just watching ten Hag's blatant preferential treatment of Rashford, these guys are suffering for it.

Not bright is an understatement. Garnacho is just plain stupid. Luckily not being stupid is not a requirement to be a good footballer. Wayne Rooney wasnt exactly a scholar and he was very good at football.

Assuming Ten Hag will now suspend him from the first team like he has done with others, although he was unlikely to feature this weekend.

Ronaldo (his idol) posting about United should be challenging for titles every year...giving it a 'like' on social media it's not that deep and shouldn't be given a second thought.

Hopefully he is fresh this weekend, not sure how many minutes he gets on international duty, but he got an assist so that makes the long trip worth it.

Southampton 0:3 Man Utd New
Love this celebration.

GXcKVM-XMAA51Td

Sends off opponent, and scores like that. Everything from coming off the bench.

Impact.

That's the response you would want from him. Made a strong case to start on Tuesday.

Love this celebration.

GXcKVM-XMAA51Td
Yeah I like it too. Just make sure to jump somewhere with stewards nearby.

Great cameo appearance and happy he got his goal. I'd still keep him as a bench option next game but more sub appearances like this and it'll be hard to keep him out of the 11. I'd also love to see a game with Amad as the 10 and Rashford/Garnacho on the wings just to see how it would play out.

Brilliant finish in fairness. Having quality like him/Amad off the bench is the squad depth we need to challenge for trophies, one good player per position is no longer enough.

Well, tbf…i sort of understand where he is coming from..
Why? Did anyone play more games last season than garnacho apart from Bruno? ETH has worked very well with him. Disciplined him when he’s fecked up. Always backed him.

He’s got the hump because he’s not starting at the moment but it’s a long season, he’ll get lots of games.

I think there's potential for him to shoot up in terms of productivity this season.

He should be on 3 goals already (Zirkzee freak offside) and he's barely played any minutes.

Should start games. I like how direct he plays. As long as he pass the ball when he should.

He always seems to find a way to be involved in big moments, like a goal, assist, key pass or on the end of a great chance that he ends up missing. I think that alone makes him a must play player in every match, whether starting or off bench.

He’s dynamite. Reminds me of Sadio Mane, and I think he could give us similar output if we play him enough.

Always want him and Amad at the same time on the pitch. it gives us so much energy/burst of pace on both sides.
the biggest problem with Rashford-Antony was that Rashford is a kinda soft player and Antony has no burst of pace. it makes us so easy to defend against.