Alejandro Garnacho Argentina flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Great to see Garnacho developing his play and decision making in the final third. As he was bearing down on goal for his second, i said to my Son... 'Don't get too excited, he misses these normally' But he finished it well.
Ten mins later he shown he still has inconsistencies as he fluffed his lines when he should have scored a hat trick but all in all, a strong start to the season and a lot more to come I feel.

There is no way Rashford is getting benched after finally starting to finding form and confidence after ages.
But Garnacho delivers even better performance than Marcus. Then Amad - arguably our POTY so far this season, pre-Barnsley at least

He’s an interesting player. I don’t think he is a really exciting dribbler or a particularly good finisher (if that is even real?), but with his workrate, speed, good movement and decision making he gets into a lot of good positions and executes well.
I’d say that he’s quite a good finisher for a 20 year old. His dribbling and close control is very hit and miss. He excels more due to his movement, engine, intensity and directness.

But Garnacho delivers even better performance than Marcus. Then Amad - arguably our POTY so far this season, pre-Barnsley at least
I think age probably plays a part. On merit id have Garnacho and Amad as first choice with Rashford rotating with them but the manager probably sees that as harmful for the dynamic given their ages until he the younger lot prove themselves to him to be simply must start players.

I’d say that he’s quite a good finisher for a 20 year old. His dribbling and close control is very hit and miss. He excels more due to his movement, engine, intensity and directness.
He’s a decent finisher, yes. Capable of really good goals, but also quite inconsistent. We saw a lot of pretty big misses last year as I recall. But I think we will see improvement this year across the board. 15-20 goals in all competitions isn’t that much of a stretch considering the start he has gotten.

He’s an interesting player. I don’t think he is a really exciting dribbler or a particularly good finisher (if that is even real?), but with his workrate, speed, good movement and decision making he gets into a lot of good positions and executes well.
He’s got that grittiness and directness to him the way some other top level South American players had. There are times when he reminds me a bit of Alexis Sanchez with how he’ll do something really crap but won’t let his head drop and the next time he gets the ball he’s going straight at it again.

Loved his mentality tonight. He was a bit frustrating early on, constantly getting his shots blocked but he kept going and ended up with 2 + 2. Seemed to look for other players more than usual too, like that chance for… was it Eriksen? When he got himself into a shooting position but instead passed it sideways towards a more central player.

Yes but an in-form Rashford would be amongst very best in the league, so ETH will choose to go for that larger picture and start Rashford. Actually with 3 of them doing relatively well atm, manager can start calibrating strategy based on opposition. Which would be great

He’s a decent finisher, yes. Capable of really good goals, but also quite inconsistent. We saw a lot of pretty big misses last year as I recall. But I think we will see improvement this year across the board. 15-20 goals in all competitions isn’t that much of a stretch considering the start he has gotten.
What is this “finishing” you’re both talking about? Haven’t you heard, it’s not a “thing” in football.

Yeah I think he's a solid finisher for a young winger. His weak foot is much better than some at that age
Loved his mentality tonight. He was a bit frustrating early on, constantly getting his shots blocked but he kept going and ended up with 2 + 2. Seemed to look for other players more than usual too, like that chance for… was it Eriksen? When he got himself into a shooting position but instead passed it sideways towards a more central player.
Also almost had the ball to Rashford come off in the 2v2 counter. Probably released it a touch too late but the execution was nice.

He was fantastic. Obviously limited quality of opposition, but hes already proven his level last season and its just good for him to be in the goals and setting up teammates for when he comes up against premier league opposition again.

If that ridiculous miss against Fulham and the Zirkzee offside against Brighton had ended up as goals he would surely be amongst the most prolific strikers in Europe, in terms of G+A per minute?
In fairness, he's already amongst the most prolific strikers in Europe, in terms of goals + assists per minute.
  • Harry Kane in all competitions: 32.25 minutes per goal or assist.
  • Alejandro Garnacho in all competitions: 36.4 minutes per goal or assist.
  • Erling Håland in all competitions: 50 minutes per goal or assist.
  • Mason Greenwood in all competitions: 60 minutes per goal or assist.
  • Lamine Yamal in all competitions: 63.7 minutes per goal or assist.
But yeah, he would have been the most prolific striker in Europe (for league matches, exclusively) if he had successfully converted those changes, at 35 minutes per goal or assist in the Premier League (versus 38.6 minutes per goal or assist in the Bundesliga for current #1 Kane and 50 minutes per goal or assist in the Premier League for current #2 Håland).

I like that even though he was on a hat trick, he didn't go into selfish mode but instead just kept playing his game normally. Missed the sitter where he could've got it though.

I like that even though he was on a hat trick, he didn't go into selfish mode but instead just kept playing his game normally. Missed the sitter where he could've got it though.
He looks far less selfish this season. He was head-wrecking last season with constantly looking to shoot and ignoring passing/cutback opportunities. But his head is up far more often so far this season.

In fairness, he's already amongst the most prolific strikers in Europe, in terms of goals + assists per minute.
But yeah, he would have been the most prolific striker in Europe (for league matches, exclusively) if he had successfully converted those changes, at 35 minutes per goal or assist in the Premier League (versus 38.6 minutes per goal or assist in the Bundesliga for current #1 Kane and 50 minutes per goal or assist in the Premier League for current #2 Håland).

Amazing

I like him a lot. I think he will reach world class level if he stays fit and grounded

I also think he is already our best attacker

Are these this season stats?

He was fantastic last night. Take away the goals and assists and look at all the other things he was doing and doing it with intensity. Getting back, not shirking his responsibilities and then sprinting forward to catch up with play and give people options.
He did everything you want to see from your forwards. As some have mentioned played with his head up looking for opportunities for others in better positions to score.

He's brilliant but I don't think we should over egg the fact that he racked up 4GA against Barnsley :lol:

Nice problem to have if both him and Rashford start hitting form, only benefits us having two on form players competing for the same position. Arguably you can throw Amad into that competitive gauntlet too if you factor in both wide positions.

He's getting to be a more complete player all the time.

Was it last season that he was incredibly selfish in one game, and got yelled at by Hojland and ETH made a comment that was clearly aimed at him after the game ?

I think from that moment on he's got better and better at looking for the pass instead of the shot. It's made him a much better player.

Going to be a gem, if he isn't already.

One slight negative is his passing in the final 3rd. I like he's trying to be unselfish but sometimes he forces a pass and it fecks up a goal scoring opportunity.

Great start to the season nonetheless.

Seems on mobile I can see my rating, highest and lowest, but not overall average. Weird.

On mine, the overall rating is hiding behind the picture of the player at the moment. Have to turn the phone landscape to see the overall average.

He was quality the other night. But let’s not forget what opposition he was playing against. We need him to show this level week after week in the premier league.

What an incredible player! It's amazing that united always unearthed so many talents!

Love Garnacho, first name on the teamsheet for me. Even when he has a bad game he makes things happen and plays with such intensity.

Hope we can build the rest of the team around him and become successful again with him a core part of it.

Love Garnacho, first name on the teamsheet for me. Even when he has a bad game he makes things happen and plays with such intensity.

Hope we can build the rest of the team around him and become successful again with him a core part of it.
I think that's a key aspect of his game and its importance is often underrated. For me, I still think he is lacking in decision making and intelligence, but he makes up for it with his relentless winner mentality. You just know that if he fails to convert a chance, fail a simple pass or a failed dribble, none of it will phase him and he'll continue to be this ridiculously direct and fearless winger, which is exactly what we need. He is everywhere and always in dangerous positions, and you get the feeling that he is going to score or assist nearly every game, which is more than can be said for any of our other wingers. Only 20 as well so he will get better, so excited to have him!

The current group of attackers at United is not the most clinical...but I feel most confident with Garnacho finishing the chances compared to the others.

So easy to forget he only turned 20 in July.