Gaming swooshboy's GTA Online thread featuring the RedCafe Crew

Which badge do you like the look of most (see post #13150)

• Option 1 (black text + circle, transparent background)

• Option 2 (white text + circle, transparent background)

• Option 3 (black text + circle, white background)

• Option 4 (white text + circle, black background)

• None of them

• Oh no

• Levo Smells

Results are only viewable after voting.
To make you feel a lot worse, it wasn't that it took Levo three attempts - I was the one driving and got it third time :cool:
:lol:

:(

EDIT: although you had Levo helping you, while I was stuck with you helping / not helping me. So I guess it evens itself out ;)

@Damien - so have you now finished the 1st person award?

Let's finish #3 this eve - then that should be most of us finished?

Then (after tonight) I will need just 6 more heist finales to get the Big Time award (for 50 heist finales) and 2 more crowd control roles to get gold In Control, then probably 5 more to get platinum. Then I will have all the platinum awards for heists, plus the awareness that no one actually gives a feck :)

@Damien - so have you now finished the 1st person award?

Let's finish #3 this eve - then that should be most of us finished?

Then (after tonight) I will need just 6 more heist finales to get the Big Time award (for 50 heist finales) and 2 more crowd control roles to get gold In Control, then probably 5 more to get platinum. Then I will have all the platinum awards for heists, plus the awareness that no one actually gives a feck :)
Yep, I've finished it and completed the Gold for crowd control too due to the couple of times Levo & I didn't make it under the cargobob and had to go back to the checkpoint.

Platinum is out of 25:

Jgha435.png

Platinums I need:

Big Time (37/50 Heist Finales)
Decorated (24/25 Platinum medals)
In Control (16/25 Crowd Controls)
Criminal Mastermind (3/28 No Deaths)

Can't see me ever getting the Mastermind one

Yep, I've finished it and completed the Gold for crowd control too due to the couple of times Levo & I didn't make it under the cargobob and had to go back to the checkpoint.

Platinum is out of 25:

Jgha435.png

Platinums I need:

Big Time (37/50 Heist Finales)
Decorated (24/25 Platinum medals)
In Control (16/25 Crowd Controls)
Criminal Mastermind (3/28 No Deaths)

Can't see me ever getting the Mastermind one

Interesting that the crowd control registers each time you do it. rather than counting a completed heist as 1, no matter how many times you replay it. So quickest way to get that would be to do the heist finale, and then screw up the drive and replay the heist from bank...

I wouldn't mind doing that to be honest - just to get the award! I don't often do crown control on #5, and we don't often do #1, so I don't think there will be many opportunities to achieve that organically. I have the heist finale ready to go, so if you are on later maybe we could do that? Or at least a few of them! It wouldn't need to be in first person, so would just be getting to the bank, doing the drilling, then failing the drive, before eventually doing the drive (and getting the payout). Let me know if you're up for it.

To be honest, I think the mastermind one is actually pretty achievable. There are a couple of missions that have a higher predictability of someone dying (such as stealing the Hydra, just because the jets are a bit unpredictable - although that was perhaps because they were glitching that time we did it). But the fact that we have gone through each one a number of times means we know what to expect pretty well. The Convoy was maybe one of the harder setups, but it is now extremely straightforward I think. The fact that you can snipe all the helicopters before they are in range to fire their missiles means that no one else should suffer the same fate as @NotoriousISSY . I would like to try the new approach on the Humane Labs finale of landing the Valkyrie and taken out the helicopters with sniper rifles. Also on Prison Break, I wand to be Demolitions and try taking out all the guards in the prison with the Buzzard. I think there are solutions to most of the potential problem areas - people just need to be aware of them.

The hardest thing about the CM was having people together to do it. I have said before that I think it is best for all 4 to be trying to do it for the first time, as then people are more engaged then if they have already completed it and gotten the money. In saying that, I am happy to join for another attempt if needed.

@Levo - I tried to change the crew emblem but it wouldn't update it with one of the United crests I had uploaded months ago (and now they have patched that method of uploading them anyway).

I did see this site - have read posts from people who have used it and it seems to work:

https://www.gtaemblem.com/

I have a code for a free upload token - so can upload one PNG and then we should be able to use it.

AM not sure if anyone cares that much - was only prompted by Levo's comments about not wanting Kermit on his car! The only other issue with using this method is that it uploads a PNG file, whereas our current logo that I created in the creator is a vector, so it scales much better than a PNG would...

Interesting that the crowd control registers each time you do it. rather than counting a completed heist as 1, no matter how many times you replay it. So quickest way to get that would be to do the heist finale, and then screw up the drive and replay the heist from bank...

I wouldn't mind doing that to be honest - just to get the award! I don't often do crown control on #5, and we don't often do #1, so I don't think there will be many opportunities to achieve that organically. I have the heist finale ready to go, so if you are on later maybe we could do that? Or at least a few of them! It wouldn't need to be in first person, so would just be getting to the bank, doing the drilling, then failing the drive, before eventually doing the drive (and getting the payout). Let me know if you're up for it.
Sounds good.

I'd be happy with Kermit if we could get it off the damn cars. Mine has spawned back on the Verlierer, I'll have a look at some emblems later and suggest a few.

I'd be happy with Kermit if we could get it off the damn cars. Mine has spawned back on the Verlierer, I'll have a look at some emblems later and suggest a few.
I still think it looks good - although - I may be biased!

The problem with the crest is that it might look good on cars, but as soon as it is resized automatically in game (such as for big or small logos on apparel), then it could look pretty ugly.

How about going for something that could be fairly easily done in the creator (although not sure if they have added any fonts...)?

Something more subtle / simple would work well in most executions.

Last edited:
Yeah, something along those lines would do. Right now I think you're the only one who uses the crew logo on anything. I like it on its own but just stands out too much on cars and stuff.

That's the one we need.

Don't think I'll be on for a couple weeks, decorating and shit so all consoles unplugged. That being said,I'll probably move the tv, ps4 and a mattress into the bedroom and just live like a hobo

Is that not how you live? It's how I've always pictured you when we're online. Surrounded by takeaway boxes of course.

I still think it looks good - although - I may be biased!

The problem with the crest is that it might look good on cars, but as soon as it is resized automatically in game (such as for big or small logos on apparel), then it could look pretty ugly.

How about going for something that could be fairly easily done in the creator (although not sure if they have added any fonts...)?

Something more subtle / simple would work well in most executions.
They look good, I'd go for an uncoloured background and the circle and numbers in either black or white. So you'd just have the colour of the car an then the circle an numbers in whatever colour, simple an stylish.

I leave for less than a week and the crest is being changed.

They look good, I'd go for an uncoloured background and the circle and numbers in either black or white. So you'd just have the colour of the car an then the circle an numbers in whatever colour, simple an stylish.

Yep - would go for the transparent background - the colors were there just to show how it would look on various backgrounds.

i like the idea of the dates, its something that not everyone would understand but we would know the meaning behind it

I think simple black or white looks better on clothing and cars in-game.

Yeah the crest or the numbers with a transparent background and black lines would be the way to go.