Gaming swooshboy's GTA Online thread featuring the RedCafe Crew

Which badge do you like the look of most (see post #13150)

• Option 1 (black text + circle, transparent background)

• Option 2 (white text + circle, transparent background)

• Option 3 (black text + circle, white background)

• Option 4 (white text + circle, black background)

• None of them

• Oh no

• Levo Smells

Results are only viewable after voting.
Think we will need to figure out whether it makes sense having a single RedCafe crew, or whether having seperate PS3 and 360 crews would work best.

My thinking is that having a single crew means that any actions by any member will help the overall level of the crew, which is good (although still not sure how this will actually work). If it proves complicated to arrange things then maybe it would be best to have separate 360 and PS3 crews.

Any thoughts?

Think we will need to figure out whether it makes sense having a single RedCafe crew, or whether having seperate PS3 and 360 crews would work best.

My thinking is that having a single crew means that any actions by any member will help the overall level of the crew, which is good (although still not sure how this will actually work). If it proves complicated to arrange things then maybe it would be best to have separate 360 and PS3 crews.

Any thoughts?

Keep as is for now I suppose, see how it goes. Only thing I can see helping is that there'd be a separate crew leader for xbox.

Some more details on next week's multiplayer:

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswi...-more-details-on-grand-theft-auto-online.html

Here’s a rough overview of what you can expect on day one as well as initial details about how the GTA Online world will evolve from there.

The Launch of Grand Theft Auto Online:
From launch, up to 16 players can enter the world together to partake in everything from:

Open-World Crime and Chaos: Go on your own or round up your friends to explore the open world together – catch a movie, go mountain biking, hit the shooting range and much more. Want to test the law? Knock over a convenience store, take down a gang or rob an armored truck for easy cash and Reputation.

Jobs: Los Santos and Blaine County are ripe with opportunity for the ambitious and criminal minded. Take on Missions and an array of other Jobs as a lone wolf, team up with your Crew or join fellow mercenaries and degenerates to pull off a wide range of robberies and illicit activities together.

Races: Everything from classic street competition and off-road tracks to boat racing on the open ocean, or take to the skies in aerial events. Jump into the madness of a GTA Race, or try out a brand new race type, Rally, where driver and co-pilot work together to navigate treacherous courses at high speeds.

Sports: Join your friends / any random stranger for a game of tennis, a round of golf or go base jumping and more, all for cash and Reputation.

Customization: Create your character using the Character Creator – then earn some cash and spend it getting dressed for success. You can also collect and customize cars for your garage and personalize your full weapons cache.

Reputation and Cash Flow: Reputation is earned from all your online exploits in everything you do in GTA Online – and will help you rank up, providing access to new features, weapons and criminal contacts. Spend cash you’ve gained on cars, clothes, guns, properties and much more. You can either quickly accumulate cash through profitable activities like knocking over armored cars, winning street races, doing stick-ups or a host of other cash-making endeavors – or if you’re the completely instant gratification type, you can choose to buy denominations of GTA$. You will have the option to purchase GTA$ through the in-game Store. The game and its economy have been designed and balanced for the vast majority of players who will not buy extra cash. There is no in-game paywall and nothing that should disrupt the balance of the game. You don’t have to spend real money to attain the cars, guns, clothes, flash and style of a high-roller in Los Santos, but can if you wish to get them a little quicker. The economy is balanced differently from the single player economy, and cash earned in one cannot be taken over to the other. Most players will earn cash much faster Online than in Story Mode.

Growing Pains: There will be the typical growing pains for an online game, including but not limited to crashes, glitches, crazy bugs, gameplay modes and mechanics that need re-balancing and other surprises! Even in GTAV Story Mode, some of you may have seen a few odd and even amusing little glitches out there last week. This sort of thing is inevitable in a massive open-world game and there’ll surely be lots more unexpected oddities like this in the Online world next week – rest assured we’ll be monitoring and actively doing all we can to smooth such things out as they happen, but we need your help to find them, as well as your feedback to help fine tune all of the game's systems so everything is perfectly balanced.

Currently Planned GTA Online Content Updates:
Here is a quick overview of a few initial things we’re working on for the first few weeks of Grand Theft Auto Online, alongside an aggressive period of tuning and finessing the game. We will give you dates for all of this content as soon as we have them – bear in mind that the order of things may well change, and we will probably add some extra stuff as well!

The Content Creator: The Content Creator will launch with tools to tailor and publish your own Deathmatches & Races.

The Beach Bum Pack: Featuring 4 new amazing beach fun vehicles, over 300 new items of incredible down tempo leisure wear and 2 new but not remotely relaxing weapons.

Capture the Flag: GTA Online’s take on the classic CTF mode including the ability to make your own using The Content Creator.

Heists: This update will introduce full-on cooperative Heist missions that will require careful planning, teamwork and sharp execution – along with the Heist Planning Board for your apartment.
Just to be clear, all of these updates will be free. We’ll have more info on this and much more additional content as our plans develop through the launch period, and as we get feedback from you. Please stay tuned for further info and updates. And remember – we need your help to make this experience all it can be.

Thank you everyone,
Rockstar Games

Good to read the part about cash in the online mode.

This is going to be unstable and buggy as feck during the first few days. Almost certain the server will be down for some people.

This is going to be unstable and buggy as feck during the first few days. Almost certain the server will be down for some people.

Indeed, we'll likely have to give it some room for manoeuvre to begin with. That's fine with me though, given that this is completely free with GTAV and will likely keep me occupied for many hours.

I read somewhere else that the most expensive property will be $400,000 and a car that would cost $1.5 million in the single player would cost about $150,000 online.

It also said that weapon and car customizations would be more expensive online than off, and access to these would come as your reputation/level increases.

Agree that's it's probably going to be a pretty unstable environment at the start, but still really looking forward to it!

Ans especially looking forward to taking down the rawk crews!

I will be getting GTA today. Is there anymore room for a fellow caf member in the PS3 crew? Would love to show up RAWK.

I have just sent a request to the crew. I am Erics_Collar

I applied for the crew again with Azorean81 which is the account I've been using lately, you can ditch my Arruda account please.

I applied for the crew again with Azorean81 which is the account I've been using lately, you can ditch my Arruda account please.

Cool - just invited.

I demoted Arruda but didn't kick him. Are you able to delete your profile, or do you want that account kicked from the crew?

Really looking forward to this. Listening to the scousers excuses will be fanastic.

I just read this bit:

If you don't want to be bothered by other players while going shopping or driving to see the sights, you can enable a passive mode that protects you from stray (or intended) bullets. This is deactivated the moment you start shooting your own gun, however.
When you aren't in passive mode, try not to move through the world carrying too much cash. At any given time another player could kill you and take all the money on your person, and there is no recourse for recouping the lost money outside of exacting your own revenge. The smarter play is depositing your cash at one of the many ATMs located around Los Santos. When you put the money in the bank, nobody else can touch it and it's still available for making purchases much like a debit card.
If you get robbed by another player and demand satisfaction, you can put a bounty on his or her head.

I guess this answers a question I had about the ATMs - I was worried that they would be absolute killing grounds and almost impossible to be able to deposit money. But I guess if you are in passive mode you can freely deposit money and not be harmed. Smart move by Rockstar!

So based on this description of one of the online heists...who would be up for what roles?

THE BIG SCORE
Not all of the missions in GTA Online are small-time jobs. Once you have enough money to purchase a high-end residency, you unlock the ability to set up involved heists like those that serve as the centerpiece to the single-player game. Not everyone needs to own luxury real estate to participate – as long as one of the participants has a planning room, he or she can invite anyone to round out the heist team.
Rockstar shows us an example of these types of missions with a job called Titan Steal. The private security corporation Merryweather is holding a valuable cargo plane in its heavily guarded hanger. This team's mission, if they choose to accept it, involves procuring said plane from the base.
To prep for the job, they split up. Two guys head to the Ammu-Nation to buy an arsenal fit for the job. The store stock is impressive, with everything from flak jackets, parachutes, dozens of gun varieties, and attachments for customizing each weapon. While these guys stock up on gear, the other two procure a helicopter.
Once everyone arrives at the chopper, the mission starts in earnest. The guy with the best piloting skills takes control of the chopper, guiding the team over the coastal airport to get the lay of the land. After circling the area twice, they determine the plane is housed in the middle hanger.
With the target identified, the chopper circles once more to allow the passengers to skydive into position. Each player heads a different direction. The sniper lands on the runway some ways away from the hanger and takes cover. The other two pinch from the sides. As the firefight ensues, the chopper pilot lands nearby.
Once the hanger is cleared of targets, one more obstacle stands between the crew and their payday. A truck is parked in the way of the cargo plane, which the crew obliterates with a rocket. One man jumps into the cockpit and guides the giant plane onto the runway while the others fend off another wave of attackers.
A truck loaded with armed guards tries to drive in front of the plane, and is wiped out by a well-placed rocket. Once the plane is in the air, the others rush to the chopper and rejoin it in the sky.
Throughout the demo, Grand Theft Auto Online never feels divorced from the traditional GTA experience. The diversity of missions, large open world with a wealth of areas to explore, and vast array of side activities feel like they are pulled straight out of the base game. The only difference is that we can now share this type of experience with our friends.

Personally, I would prefer the pilot or sniper roles.
Anyone else?

It sounds amazing. Does anybody know when it comes live?

It sounds amazing. Does anybody know when it comes live?

October 1st if I remember right. And that does sound amazing, personally I'm happy in any role that doesn't involve my driving "skills" :lol: Might be slightly ambitious but we really should try and pull some sort of coordinated small jobs from day 1 if possible to get someone in the crew a home with planning room ASAP.

As an aside, I wonder how the money system works for crews. Obviously the heists will have a cut system as per the single player, but let's say someone robs a security van solo; will they keep all the cash or does a percentage go to the crew's coffers?

I just wanna feck shit up in the online world. How many can be live in the crew at one time?

October 1st if I remember right. And that does sound amazing, personally I'm happy in any role that doesn't involve my driving "skills" :lol: Might be slightly ambitious but we really should try and pull some sort of coordinated small jobs from day 1 if possible to get someone in the crew a home with planning room ASAP.

As an aside, I wonder how the money system works for crews. Obviously the heists will have a cut system as per the single player, but let's say someone robs a security van solo; will they keep all the cash or does a percentage go to the crew's coffers?

The heists do indeed have a cut system that gets decided by the crew leader (which I am guessing would either be THE crew leader, or maybe the highest ranking person in the crew who is online at that time?). So they could divide the spoils evenly, or as they see fit...I think all takes should be divided evenly - there will be plenty of opportunities for fighting other crews - no sense to have in-fighting!!

As for solo thefts etc, I would assume then that the individual keeps the money but I guess that remains to be seen.

The online heists will not be ready for October 1, and don't think an actual date has bee given for them coming live. But agree that we would need a couple of houses for planning (it is meant to be a persistent world - so not sure if that means we could use the house of a crew member even when they're not online?).

The heists do indeed have a cut system that gets decided by the crew leader (which I am guessing would either be THE crew leader, or maybe the highest ranking person in the crew who is online at that time?). So they could divide the spoils evenly, or as they see fit...I think all takes should be divided evenly - there will be plenty of opportunities for fighting other crews - no sense to have in-fighting!!

As for solo thefts etc, I would assume then that the individual keeps the money but I guess that remains to be seen.

The online heists will not be ready for October 1, and don't think an actual date has bee given for them coming live. But agree that we would need a couple of houses for planning (it is meant to be a persistent world - so not sure if that means we could use the house of a crew member even when they're not online?).

Was wondering this myself actually. Have to wonder what the population cap per world will be like as well; there's only so many properties that can be available for people to buy.

Cool - just invited.

I demoted Arruda but didn't kick him. Are you able to delete your profile, or do you want that account kicked from the crew?

Thank you. I dropped from the crew with that profile, job done.

Will be away from the 2nd til the 7th of October but will be ready to go nuts online when I'm back. Hopefully we get a good start and good system working.

This is going to be fecking awesome !:)

In the words of Luca Brasi
Big-Red, I am honoured and grateful that you have invited me to your daughters wedding... on the day of your daughter's wedding. And I hope their first child will be a masculine child. I pledge me ever-ending allegiance to your daughter's bridal purse."

Anyone knows how the shooting online will be? Free aim or assisted? I'm only used to play with classic GTA... Will have to practice a bit if it's free aim like RDR.

I use free aim anyway so...Arruda, you're a manual fifa man, I expect more from you.

And up to division 4 in Seasons, a slow climb :)

I'm shit at shooters in general, and am used to the auto-aiming in third person shooters since Vice City.

But it's a good time to try and get better. Just bear with me.

sounds great so far. i enjoyed red dead redemption online, this is just bringing it to the next level.

So based on this description of one of the online heists...who would be up for what roles?

Personally, I would prefer the pilot or sniper roles.
Anyone else?
I'll be the driver when needed, but I don't mind getting my hands dirty

I'll sit back with the feet up and take the money :p

I am up for any coordinated jobs. I can do any role to my fairly low skill level ;)

From the sound of it though if the heists are tricky we may need to spend a little time getting our characters skills etc up - assuming it works in a similar way to single player.

Really looking forward to this though.

We'll be doing heists and stuff? Shit I need to link my psn to my account but I don't remember my bloody password!

I don't want to be no copter flyer. Actually I was just having a dream that I was in a real life gta style mission.

Joined now, didn't realise i had to go back in and accept the invite. This going to be goooood!!

I just read this bit:

I guess this answers a question I had about the ATMs - I was worried that they would be absolute killing grounds and almost impossible to be able to deposit money. But I guess if you are in passive mode you can freely deposit money and not be harmed. Smart move by Rockstar!
You have to pay (I think $500) to enter passive mode which isn't worth it. You can deposit money via your phone which is much easier, although can only do it in certain increments. The only tricky thing is after doing a few missions and you've got quite a bit of cash on you, you can spawn next to some of the people you've done missions with so then it's down to who shoots first. You don't lose much cash when you die though. It's certainly not all held on your guy.

They'll keep all of the cash. It's like when you do a store holdup, the person in the store will get all of the money and the driver outside will get none, but you can give %s to people from last mission etc. It's just down to the person who has the money being fair.

I just wanna feck shit up in the online world. How many can be live in the crew at one time?
16 people can be in each game world but you can set up crew only ones etc or just play solo (with limited options).

You have to pay (I think $500) to enter passive mode which isn't worth it. You can deposit money via your phone which is much easier, although can only do it in certain increments. The only tricky thing is after doing a few missions and you've got quite a bit of cash on you, you can spawn next to some of the people you've done missions with so then it's down to who shoots first. You don't lose much cash when you die though. It's certainly not all held on your guy.

They'll keep all of the cash. It's like when you do a store holdup, the person in the store will get all of the money and the driver outside will get none, but you can give %s to people from last mission etc. It's just down to the person who has the money being fair.

16 people can be in each game world but you can set up crew only ones etc or just play solo (with limited options).

Cheers for the info!

Does anyone know when it will go live tomorrow? Am guessing the servers will get boned, but will be good if you can create your character etc.