Gaming swooshboy's GTA Online thread featuring the RedCafe Crew

Which badge do you like the look of most (see post #13150)

• Option 1 (black text + circle, transparent background)

• Option 2 (white text + circle, transparent background)

• Option 3 (black text + circle, white background)

• Option 4 (white text + circle, black background)

• None of them

• Oh no

• Levo Smells

Results are only viewable after voting.
My Buffalo:

ral3ZXs.jpg

AJa9si1.jpg

Remember to equip the suppressor to whatever weapons you decide to use. Note: Normal Sniper rifle has suppressor but Heavy Sniper doesn't.

List of weapons with suppressor attachments (have to buy from Ammunation): Micro SMG, SMG, Assault SMG, Pump Shotgun, Assault Shotgun, Assault Rifle, Carbine Rifle, Advanced Rifle, Sniper Rifle, Bullpup Shotgun, Pistol .50, Heavy Pistol, Special Carbine, Bullpup Rifle, Vintage Pistol, Heavy Shotgun, Marksman Rifle, AP Pistol, Combat Pistol and Pistol.

Nice looking car :)

Good point on the suppressors (particularly the normal vs heavy sniper).

I think I have them on most, but will go through and check the weapons I do have. Also good to add extended magazines etc.

I'm actually thinking of ditching a number of the weapons I have as they clutter up the weapon wheel. I usually use the Special Carbine or Advanced Rifle, for example, so real need for the Assault or Carbine Rifle. Same with a number of the pistols and shotguns. If the game remembered your preferred weapons then it would be different, but it's always a pain switching them back to the ones you prefer.

Nice looking car :)

Good point on the suppressors (particularly the normal vs heavy sniper).

I think I have them on most, but will go through and check the weapons I do have. Also good to add extended magazines etc.

I'm actually thinking of ditching a number of the weapons I have as they clutter up the weapon wheel. I usually use the Special Carbine or Advanced Rifle, for example, so real need for the Assault or Carbine Rifle. Same with a number of the pistols and shotguns. If the game remembered your preferred weapons then it would be different, but it's always a pain switching them back to the ones you prefer.

Yeah, extended mags and try to get as much ammo as possible. Remember to stock up on snack supplies too, to replenish health if needed.

@Solius, fedora is now no more.

oqU5v9J.jpg

I had posted this as part of the R* social club news, but re-read what it said about mics:

ALL TALK
It should go without saying that good teamwork starts with communication - and headsets are important to successfully pulling off Heists. Whether it's telling a lookout where they need to be, a passenger locating vehicles using the Trackify app and giving directions to the driver, or two infiltrators operating a pair of security panels in perfect sync.

I missed that bot about the trackify app - no idea how you would do that if the person in the passenger seat didn't have a mic. The only solution would be the person without a mic either being the driver each time. Or in the other instance, the person without the mic could never be the lookout person - which again limits which roles the other people can do on that heist.

I personally think it would be stupid to have to give people roles purely because they don't have a mic.

Damien - what is your objection to a mic?

New vehicles:

Guardian:
guardian.jpg

Enduro:
enduro.jpg

Gang Burrito:
gburrito2.jpg

Kuruma:
kuruma.jpg

Kuruma 2:
kuruma2.jpg

Oracle:
oracle1.jpg

Landstalker:
landstalker.jpg

Casco:
s1fZzQz.jpg

Warstock Vehicles:
warmart_tilesheet_heists.png

warmart_tilesheet06.png

BOXVILLE4
VALKYRIE
HYDRA
INSURGENT
INSURGENT2
MULE3
SAVAGE
TECHNICAL
MESA3
PBUS

So $8m total for all the vehicles...

How much for the Enduro, Kuruma 2, Casco, Valkyrie, Hydra, Insurgent, Savage, Mesa3...and maybe the Gang Burrito?

Bank balance is going to take a hit on Tuesday!

New vehicles:

Guardian:
guardian.jpg

Enduro:
enduro.jpg

Gang Burrito:
gburrito2.jpg

Kuruma:
kuruma.jpg

Kuruma 2:
kuruma2.jpg

Oracle:
oracle1.jpg

Landstalker:
landstalker.jpg

Casco:
s1fZzQz.jpg

Warstock Vehicles:
warmart_tilesheet_heists.png

warmart_tilesheet06.png

BOXVILLE4
VALKYRIE
HYDRA
INSURGENT
INSURGENT2
MULE3
SAVAGE
TECHNICAL
MESA3
PBUS

So $8m total for all the vehicles...

How much for the Enduro, Kuruma 2, Casco, Valkyrie, Hydra, Insurgent, Savage, Mesa3...and maybe the Gang Burrito?

Bank balance is going to take a hit on Tuesday!
Not overly impressed with them, the oracle and land stalker are already in free mode. Be interesting to see the mods an different kinds of class.

Are you really going to miss out on the fun due to whatever reason you have for not talking?

Can you not see that its a bit odd you are outright refusing to join in?

Big-Red and the people I play Destiny with know why I don't talk. Would rather not go into it, especially on public forum though I suppose I could reluctantly say why in PM

Big-Red and the people I play Destiny with know why I don't talk. Would rather not go into it, especially on public forum though I suppose I could reluctantly say why in PM

Am sure we can figure out a solution...although it might mean you being comfortable with people giving you orders ;)

Totally happy to do heists with you - let's figure out the best way to communicate (probably mainly during the planning bits). The PSN messaging is obviously redundant and not fit for purpose...maybe the text chat within the party works well, or we keep this Caf thread open and use that.

Am sure it is nothing insurmountable :)

Could use an external chat room? Something which updates live rather then refreshing.

We should just do a random generator and group them into 4 for the people available on Tues.

Hold L2 and the left stick in the direction you want to roll and press square.

I'm still kind of new to this, so I joined the Redcafe crew a few weeks ago but whenever I search for fellow crew members it never finds anyone. Is that because you play on a private session or is it because i play on ps3 and nobody else does? I wanted to get it sorted because I was hoping to go on a few of these heists with people from the crew as playing missions with random players can get annoying. I'm still only about level 20 but got about 300k saved in the bank for heists.

Barney's first post in the thread, needs answering Damo.

Nope, as by the time I realised, we had finished doing the missions.
You can buy up to 10 body armours per type - I usually only buy the highest armour one, but think I will stock up on the rest just in case! It only takes a couple of shots for it to go away, but it's quicker adding some more body armor in the middle of a mission that it is to eat a snack.

Added the silencers to a couple of weapons. Unfortunately my weapons are all pink...but will address that at a later stage!

You can buy up to 10 body armours per type - I usually only buy the highest armour one, but think I will stock up on the rest just in case! It only takes a couple of shots for it to go away, but it's quicker adding some more body armor in the middle of a mission that it is to eat a snack.

Added the silencers to a couple of weapons. Unfortunately my weapons are all pink...but will address that at a later stage!
If you're in cover, snacks go down relatively quickly.

Get rid, they'll spot them a mile away...My Fox head on the other hand - totally incognito.

So here's who's available for Tuesday:

Right are people on later?

And can you possibly threadmark this post Damien and I'll keep up with who is and isn't available for Tuesday.

Heist Launch

Available - Big-Red, Damien1990UK, Duffy, IAmStoney, Levo956, parmobomer, Solius, swooshboy, NotoriousISSY (though the pussy won't be available the day after)

Unavailable - JTW95

Obviously 9 into two 4 man crews doesn't easily fit...

Drawing lots was suggested, but would it be fairer to fill the 2 crews in terms of who has been playing in the crew the longest / most active? Go back a few months and there was only a small number of us who regularly played - would be a shame for any of those to miss out.

Thoughts?

The other thing is that there are cash bonuses for completing the heists in order (which is straightforward) but also for completing them in order with the same 4 people.

Last edited:
So here's who's available for Tuesday:

Obviously 9 into two 4 man crews doesn't easily fit...

Drawing lots was suggested, but would it be fairer to fill the 2 crews in terms of who has been playing in the crew the longest / most active? Go back a few months and there was only a small number of us who regularly played - would be a shame for any of those to miss out.

Thoughts?

The other thing is that there are cash bonuses for completing the heists in order (which is straightforward) but also for completing them in order with the same 4 people.
Ehhhhh, be good if nobody has to miss out but suppose the fairest way is to have the longest serving and most regular players playing.

Ehhhhh, be good if nobody has to miss out but suppose the fairest way is to have the longest serving and most regular players playing.
Yeah, there isn't a good way of doing it unfortunately, but think that might be the fairest.

Any thoughts on the best way to communicate?

If there are multiple crews, then having a single party wouldn't work - so could either have separate parties, or use the in-game mic chat. If your crew is split into two pairs, then I guess it will prove beneficial to be able to chat across pairs via party chat (not sure if this would be distracting). If the in-game mics are used, then I assume you would only be able to hear your partner in missions where you are separated.

Also, for those without mics, then would people recommend using the party text chat? Have not tried that, so not sure how well it updates (hopefully better than the PSN messaging!)

I think parties of 4 can work, as long as were not just chatting all the time. If were set on the mission then we should be fine really, in regards to the extra bonuses and such...I think we should just be content with trying them all out first before working out challenges. Also gives everyone a chance to play as well so if someone is left out of a group there not waiting ages for a chance.