Gaming swooshboy's GTA Online thread featuring the RedCafe Crew

Which badge do you like the look of most (see post #13150)

• Option 1 (black text + circle, transparent background)

• Option 2 (white text + circle, transparent background)

• Option 3 (black text + circle, white background)

• Option 4 (white text + circle, black background)

• None of them

• Oh no

• Levo Smells

Results are only viewable after voting.
Not for heists they don't.

If you think this requires four people with mics, you're deluded:

Yep - mics are essential.

All of the reviews so far have said that the spoken collaboration that goes on adds so much to the atmosphere and enjoyment - such as sniping 4 people simultaneously, rather than each just shooting at whoever they like.

All thats required is ability to listen, which I can. You or someone goes "right, shoot on the count of three" or whatever and bam. Easy.

I'll play with Damo, us modmins have to stick together...

If you think this requires four people with mics, you're deluded:

All thats required is ability to listen, which I can. You or someone goes "right, shoot on the count of three" or whatever and bam. Easy.

I don't think it necessarily requires them to complete the heist, but I would argue they should be essential as they add to the overall experience - which is exactly what the journalists said (and was the point I made in my post).

Mics have made the game more enjoyable on PS4 than it was on PS3 and I think that heists will be more fun with mics than without.

I guess when everyone is in the room planning the heists, then those without a mic will have to just accept being told what their role is, rather than choosing, or making suggestions.

I'm fine with that, just advise not making me a pilot or whatever unless you like colliding into random pylons. @Big-Red can back up how bad my helicopter skills are with the Buzzard on my LTS.

Stoney taking out @Damien and I

Moment of impact...

9r5GyTB.png

What an absolute tool, should of finished you when you hit the deck.

Latest info from R*

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/news/article/52401/setting-up-for-gta-online-heists
March 06, 2015 2:03PM | Author: R* Q

actual_1425666687.jpg

With the launch of GTA Online Heists imminent, we have no doubt you and your Crew are cracking your knuckles and rubbing your sticky fingers together at the prospect of pulling off elaborate robberies at some of Los Santos' most closely-guarded institutions. Massive scores of GTA$ await those with the planning and the teamwork to pull these audacious thefts off. As you're taking final roll calls on your most trusted allies ahead of the launch of Heists on March 10th, here are a few pointers to help ensure your plan is of the best-laid variety.

FOLLOW THE LEADER
First things first: every Heist needs a leader and the Heist Leader is going to need to be at least rank 12 and own a high-end apartment with a planning board in order to co-ordinate the crime. Not only do Heist Leaders cough up all of the setup costs up-front, they have complete control over team roles and the cut of the final take each Crew Member gets. Additionally, Heist progress is only saved for the Heist Leader - so when choosing a leader it makes sense to link up with someone you can trust.

actual_1425666696.jpg

ALL TALK
It should go without saying that good teamwork starts with communication - and headsets are important to successfully pulling off Heists. Whether it's telling a lookout where they need to be, a passenger locating vehicles using the Trackify app and giving directions to the driver, or two infiltrators operating a pair of security panels in perfect sync.

ROLL CALL
At different stages of each Heist, Crew members will be assigned different roles. These could be slightly different responsibilities within a single scenario - for example, two lookouts and a bodyguard while a buyer completes a less-then-legal exchange of information - or larger deviations, like two players patrolling in an attack chopper above while the other two infiltrate a facility below. It's important for all players to know their strengths and, in turn, for the Heist Leader to assign accordingly. If you see yourself as an ace pilot, then put in some time at the Flight School and increase that flying stat to prove it.

actual_1425666707.jpg

TOOL UP
Professionals don't expect the customer to provide the tools for the job. While there might be some more specialized equipment that may be provided (or that you'll need to acquire) along the way, for the most part you'll be using your own custom vehicles and firearms to get by. So it's a good time to take stock and make sure your garage and your arsenal are prepared for all possibilities. Silencers on guns and RPGs in general are especially useful for certain Heists while four-door vehicles with added armor can come in handy if you like to keep your friends close. With GTA Online Heists you'll be able to unlock a range of new vehicles and gear including an extensive selection of new outfits perfect for whatever each Heist throws at you.

actual_1425666718.jpg

actual_1425666726.jpg

BONUS ROUND
For the financially ambitious there are a few ways to increase the income from Heists in a major way. First off, each Heist has its own Elite Challenge which, upon completion, will yield a substantial cash bonus. These can be completed multiple times, but be warned: they're no cakewalk.

On top of that, there are Special Heist Completion bonuses that can only be achieved once per person, but will add some serious zeros to your bank balance. They are as follows:

• First Time – Completing each Heist Finale for the first time, will net you a bonus cash reward
  • All In Order Challenge – Complete all Heists in order, including Setups, to receive a $1,000,000 cash bonus
  • Loyalty Challenge – Complete all Heists, including Setups, with the same team of players to receive an additional $1,000,000 bonus
  • Criminal Mastermind Challenge – Complete all Heists, in order, with the same group of players, without losing any lives, to receive a massive $10,000,000 bonus
The one-off bonus challenges are linked to in game awards. You can monitor your award progress via the Stats > Awards tab in the Pause Menu.

Really like the bonuses! $1m cash for completing all the heists, another $1m bonus for doing them with the same group...Elite Challenges for each heist...:drool::drool:

Plus the small matter of the Criminal Mastermind Challenge.

It also loos like having silencers on weapons will finally be of some actual use, so will make sure I have them equipped. Will check my Buffalo S is fully modded with armor - still think its the fastest 4 door in the game.

There's an Xbox achievement for "spend a total of $8m purchasing vehicles included in the heist update".

So that answers how much money i have - not enough :lol:

On the plus side, making money shouldn't be too much of a problem now.

Also, it must mean that all the vehicles are purchasable - unlike the Laser, for example.

Latest info from R*

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/news/article/52401/setting-up-for-gta-online-heists

Really like the bonuses! $1m cash for completing all the heists, another $1m bonus for doing them with the same group...Elite Challenges for each heist...:drool::drool:

Plus the small matter of the Criminal Mastermind Challenge.

It also loos like having silencers on weapons will finally be of some actual use, so will make sure I have them equipped. Will check my Buffalo S is fully modded with armor - still think its the fastest 4 door in the game.

Yeah I spent some time yesterday fully upgrading mine. Definitely best four door.

The heists are looking awesome.

Yep - I still enjoy the contact missions but wish there was an extra set of challenges for them - doing them without losing a life...only headshots etc to make them more challenging.

It looks like heists have this already - cannot wait!

Looks like mics are essential then after all.

Thinking of teams...going on a 3 team basis for 1st night.

Team 1 - Levo, Stoney, Markus, Parmo

Team 2 - Swoosh, Big-Red, Duffy, Damien

Team 3 - Issy, Solius, JTW, Mo.

They agreeable? If we go on a 2 team basis and purely who is on the most then Levo, Stoney, Issy, Parmo and Swoosh, Red, Solius, Damien?

Sounds alright to me, just need to make sure you can all hear Sol if it does end up being two teams and that happens. Hopefully we can have enough for three teams but not seen 12 online at once.

If people can post now if they know they'll be available on the Tuesday (and what times), that'd be great. I know I'll be available on Tuesday whenever. Having a tooth taken out earlier in the day but I should be okay for the evening.

Sounds good.

Will be on Tursday during the day I think and then on in the evening from 7:30.

Are we having a consensus to leave heists until the evening? Or is it going to be a free for all?

Looks like mics are essential then after all.

Thinking of teams...going on a 3 team basis for 1st night.

Team 1 - Levo, Stoney, Markus, Parmo

Team 2 - Swoosh, Big-Red, Duffy, Damien

Team 3 - Issy, Solius, JTW, Mo.

They agreeable? If we go on a 2 team basis and purely who is on the most then Levo, Stoney, Issy, Parmo and Swoosh, Red, Solius, Damien?
On the 2 team basis, then I would suggest splitting Sol and Damo if their mics are not consistent. Think one player in a crew without a mic is ok, but 2 would be too limiting.

So have max of one per team without a mic. Otherwise it would limit who can do which roles in the heist - whereas it should be people choosing what they want / are best at.

Are we having a consensus to leave heists until the evening? Or is it going to be a free for all?

With most of you having work during the day it's probably best to leave it until evening when all are available, but by working out who should be on and when now, we should be able to organise teams early and work out when each should start

On the 2 team basis, then I would suggest splitting Sol and Damo if their mics are not consistent. Think one player in a crew without a mic is ok, but 2 would be too limiting.

So have max of one per team without a mic. Otherwise it would limit who can do which roles in the heist - whereas it should be people choosing what they want / are best at.
Can just swap Issy & Sol in that case.

Yeah, swap Issy with Sol

I will only be doing heists with the crew - so happy to wait until the evening when everyone is on. During the day I will just be looking through the new vehicles (will also have some work to do!).

The first heist is a tutorial type thing and is for 2 people apparently - so would be up for doing that whenever.

There is nothing stopping us switching things around for different heists - but the flip side to that is that there are bonuses for completing all the heists with the same teammates.

I am happy to commit to being on most evenings from Tuesday onwards - so am happy to try a heist per evening (or maybe more on Tuesday). I think it will be a shame if, for example, one of the group of 4 is unable to be online for the rest of the week - which would prevent the rest of that particular crew making progress that week.

So based on Levo's suggestions, the teams I am in would either be Swoosh, @Big-Red , @Duffy , @Damien or Swoosh, @Big-Red , @NotoriousISSY , @Damien .

Would you all be able to be on most / all evenings next week?

One other consideration - I will prob be able to be on between 20:00 and 00:00 UK time - so would prefer to be in a crew with those who can be on earlier, rather than later in the evenings (as I am usually one of the first to leave due to the time difference!!)

Just a couple of things to consider before we confirm teams. :)