Gaming swooshboy's GTA Online thread featuring the RedCafe Crew

Which badge do you like the look of most (see post #13150)

• Option 1 (black text + circle, transparent background)

• Option 2 (white text + circle, transparent background)

• Option 3 (black text + circle, white background)

• Option 4 (white text + circle, black background)

• None of them

• Oh no

• Levo Smells

Results are only viewable after voting.
Wasn't enjoying the missions last night. I know most of us have done them countless times before, so in that regard know what to expect, but it seems as though the goal is just to finish them as quickly as possible - even though that gets you less money (or, like last night, just fails the mission). It didn't help that there were two different missions last night where I died by being run over by one of the crew - neither instance being intentional, but just a result of people trying to finish the missions asap.

I personally prefer getting everyone in place before we trigger the main part of the mission, but it seems more and more that the approach is to start as soon as you arrive - even if half the people are still on their way. In that sense the missions play out no different to if you were doing them solo - missions like Extradition can be completed very quickly if you fly through them in solo, but I would rather do them with other people from the crew as it usually makes them more enjoyable.

I'm looking forward to heists as firstly they will be a new experience for everyone, and hopefully will need more thought and cooperation to complete. Also, R* have said that there will be bonuses for completing the heists in different ways:

We have several rewards for players as well, such as for playing all five heists in order with the same set of players and another bonus for playing all of them in first-person [mode] on PS4, Xbox One, or PC, as well as Elite Bonus Challenges, which are essentially a big cash reward if you complete each part of a heist while meeting certain criteria, such as time to complete, damage taken, accuracy etc.

This will hopefully give the heists more longevity that the existing missions (providing they are challenging enough) and require a more considered approach.

It might have just been me not enjoying myself last night so this could just be coming from me being in a funk, but just thought I would throw it out there.

Fecks sake @Sarni just realised you were in my lobby so was going to come and kill you and you left :(
Was only there briefly in the evening, then some more during the night, didn't see you :lol: I'll have my rocket launcher ready for the next time I see you.

Wasn't enjoying the missions last night. I know most of us have done them countless times before, so in that regard know what to expect, but it seems as though the goal is just to finish them as quickly as possible - even though that gets you less money (or, like last night, just fails the mission). It didn't help that there were two different missions last night where I died by being run over by one of the crew - neither instance being intentional, but just a result of people trying to finish the missions asap.

I personally prefer getting everyone in place before we trigger the main part of the mission, but it seems more and more that the approach is to start as soon as you arrive - even if half the people are still on their way. In that sense the missions play out no different to if you were doing them solo - missions like Extradition can be completed very quickly if you fly through them in solo, but I would rather do them with other people from the crew as it usually makes them more enjoyable.

I'm looking forward to heists as firstly they will be a new experience for everyone, and hopefully will need more thought and cooperation to complete. Also, R* have said that there will be bonuses for completing the heists in different ways:

This will hopefully give the heists more longevity that the existing missions (providing they are challenging enough) and require a more considered approach.

It might have just been me not enjoying myself last night so this could just be coming from me being in a funk, but just thought I would throw it out there.

Pussy.

Honestly though I do tend to agree.

Think money is more of a motivator for some though, were lucky enough to have millions already.

Being a noob to online I haven't got much money and haven't got many weapons. I made the mistake of ram raiding this guy, killed him with one stroke of my motor. Only to have him respawn near me and kill me with a rocket launcher. He then picked me off with his sniper rifle like 8 times or something, I couldn't get away, I had to quit out!

:lol:

Think money is more of a motivator for some though, were lucky enough to have millions already.

Fair point, but then if the mission ends up taking a bit longer, then you get more money anyway.

Despite having $4.8m, I also still want to make more money. Buying the helicopter and hydra when heists are launched will probably eat up $3-4m in itself (providing that they are available to purchase).

I think it's more about making the missions themselves more enjoyable by putting more focus on completing them together. It would be more understandable if it was like the PS3 days where no one used mics, but the fact that everyone (or most everyone) is now chatting should make it even easier to work together. Am not saying this doesn't happen, but it seems to happen less.

:lol:

Fair point, but then if the mission ends up taking a bit longer, then you get more money anyway.

Despite having $4.8m, I also still want to make more money. Buying the helicopter and hydra when heists are launched will probably eat up $3-4m in itself (providing that they are available to purchase).

I think it's more about making the missions themselves more enjoyable by putting more focus on completing them together. It would be more understandable if it was like the PS3 days where no one used mics, but the fact that everyone (or most everyone) is now chatting should make it even easier to work together. Am not saying this doesn't happen, but it seems to happen less.
Totally agree, we all get in cars rush off an that's it. Like last time I did Las Santos Connection or whatever it's called, some went an waited by the 2nd trigger rather then go to the drug deal.

Think we should start car sharing! Crack out the Merryweather Jeeps :lol:

Totally agree, we all get in cars rush off an that's it. Like last time I did Las Santos Connection or whatever it's called, some went an waited by the 2nd trigger rather then go to the drug deal.

Think we should start car sharing! Crack out the Merryweather Jeeps :lol:

Am often guilty of that one too - although I don't mind people doing that on that particular mission (providing we wait for everyone to arrive before starting taking out the bad guys) because the first trigger / drug deal is so straight forward.

I will also say that I sometimes use the buzzard in that mission - which does make me guilty of what I am complaining about to some degree. The other eve when we played that mission, Solius went straight to Madrazzo's house (rather than the airport). Everyone else managed to get killed, leaving only me. I ended up with 52 kills that mission...but they were pretty much all from the buzzard. In that instance, it enabled me to complete the mission without dying, and us not having to restart, but it wasn't exactly enjoyable! I actually would have preferred dying so that we could start it again with everyone playing.

iX5R5IL.jpg

You may be but I'm still absolutely broke, which isn't helped when most of the time races are done (with people going so fast that I end up with a DNF despite trying, so get hardly any cash), or missions are rushed through

You may be but I'm still absolutely broke, which isn't helped when most of the time races are done (with people going so fast that I end up with a DNF despite trying, so get hardly any cash), or missions are rushed through

I make very little money from races - I seem to have made the "middle of the pack" finishing position my own - so the vast majority of the money I earn comes from missions.

The Trash Talk mission is a good example (the one where you have to destroy the garbage trucks, then go to the yard and blow up the trucks and people there, before eliminating the fleeing boss). That mission can be soloed in a buzzard in literally a few minutes. When we do that mission as a crew, then people play it in much the same way as if they were playing solo (am not trying to criticise people, as I am guilty of this too). I think, particularly for those newer to the game, that it would make more sense to decide who goes after which truck before everyone sets off.

Let's be honest, everyone rushes off for the mini-race to the first waypoint in the missions.

True - and that in itself is not the issue for me - although I do think we should wait for everyone to arrive at the waypoint before we trigger the actual mission / start shooting (exception would be when Damien drives his tank to the airport in The Los Santos Connection...)

If we wait for damo or sol before we trigger a mission we will never manage to do a mission!

I'm sure I pretty much said what you have a few weeks back.

Being a noob to online I haven't got much money and haven't got many weapons. I made the mistake of ram raiding this guy, killed him with one stroke of my motor. Only to have him respawn near me and kill me with a rocket launcher. He then picked me off with his sniper rifle like 8 times or something, I couldn't get away, I had to quit out!

You deserve that kind of stuff after killing me

True - and that in itself is not the issue for me - although I do think we should wait for everyone to arrive at the waypoint before we trigger the actual mission / start shooting (exception would be when Damien drives his tank to the airport in The Los Santos Connection...)

When I get to the airport I do try and wait for people to get near before going in all guns blazing, just last time we did LSC, Stoney tried to use a cargobob to transport me to where you all were, but ended up with me on a roof somewhere in the City. Tried to get off and ended up killing myself!

If we wait for damo or sol before we trigger a mission we will never manage to do a mission!

pfft, generally I'm quite good at getting to the trigger points.

Yep - I remember reading that and agreeing:

I always think when we do missions its all too pre planned and a bit boring now, because a lot of you are used to the best and fastest way to do them (get choppers, blow shit up then fly off with package) its taking the chaos and fun out of them a bit.

When I get to the airport I do try and wait for people to get near before going in all guns blazing, just last time we did LSC, Stoney tried to use a cargobob to transport me to where you all were, but ended up with me on a roof somewhere in the City. Tried to get off and ended up killing myself!

:lol: That was quality!

Sometimes I have to run over @DatIrishFella

His character just looks so deserving. I try not to, but the temptation is too much at times.

The rest, it's usually not intentional. Try not to run across the road when I'm driving the Zentorno at full pelt.

Sometimes I have to run over @DatIrishFella

His character just looks so deserving. I try not to, but the temptation is too much at times.

The rest, it's usually not intentional. Try not to run across the road when I'm driving the Zentorno at full pelt.

Or, as I found out yesterday, try not to get into a helicopter when you're driving a van from the lockup at full pelt. ;)

Oh but the fella in the leopard print suit and fedora gets a pass, yeah?
That suit is fully rated. It was a former choice of my own until I decided to rep '***' crew look.

My favourite pass time is definitely trapping you in Ammu-Nation. So powerful, I forced you to look at the footwear. Nobody ever does that voluntarily.

That suit is fully rated. It was a former choice of my own until I decided to rep '***' crew look.

My favourite pass time is definitely trapping you in Ammu-Nation. So powerful, I forced you to look at the footwear. Nobody ever does that voluntarily.

What's the *** look?

So what targeting mode is everyone using? Free aim?

Haha, sorry about that, you fired first though didn't you?
How do I level up when my friends aren't around? Everyone else seems to be a cnut on it!

On the phone, press left so you go on Quick Jobs, then go to Contact Mission and go on call. You'll get into missions with others and can get up to around $20k each go, with a fair bit of RP to help level up.

So what targeting mode is everyone using? Free aim?
At the moment mine is auto aim.

I'm on today finally, won't be long - maybe an hour or so - but invite me if you play.