Gaming swooshboy's GTA Online thread featuring the RedCafe Crew

Which badge do you like the look of most (see post #13150)

• Option 1 (black text + circle, transparent background)

• Option 2 (white text + circle, transparent background)

• Option 3 (black text + circle, white background)

• Option 4 (white text + circle, black background)

• None of them

• Oh no

• Levo Smells

Results are only viewable after voting.

I saw this on another forum - makes sense I guess :)

Heists will take an hour, on average, not four hours.

"5 Re-playable Heists, 20+ hours game play"

4 replayable roles with different objectives.

4 players x5 heists=20 (hours of replay value).

:cool:

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/redcafe/gtav

qhO70G1.png

Was thinking about heists, and how there will be different roles for people. Obviously it will be good to try them all, but I think its clear that people will definitely have their own particular strengths and weaknesses.

Am curious to hear what people think theirs are? Or what other peoples are!

I would rate my strengths as flying and general shooting, while my weakness would probably be driving - especially if it involves bikes...or loops!!

I have also noticed on PS4 that my "fecking about while a mission is pretty much complete" stat seems to have risen dramatically...and has done so at the expense of a mission on a couple of occasions :nervous:

@DatIrishFella used the share centre or whatever its called, just have your clips pre trimmed and stick em all together.

@Sarni cool, you should jump on with us! @swooshboy when push comes to shove I'd say I'm a pretty badass driver ... :nervous: @Big-Red Holy feck how'd you edit that together like that? :lol:

I'll be available after New Year probably, had to move out from my apartment because we're redecorating it (bitch of a job) and I'm going to my family for Christmas on Saturday but after New Year I'll have my own gaming dedicated room so I'll be on plenty of time!

You're all as dirty as me now. The tag has been dropped.

The monster truck race yesterday was hilarious. You lot all ploughed into one another and I just sped away and won.

:lol:

This is true!

I usually save my dirty driving for missions!!

I'm a bit of a jack of all trades, master of none. Just happy to be involved but probably say driving is my best suit. May be on later for a wee bit.

#1 - blowing shit up and then winning in a minute and a half:

#2 - @DatIrishFella getting revenge:

#3 - An unintentional win

It's actually really simple once you get the hang of it.

This is the best game ever, holy feck. :lol::lol:

I played it a lot on PS3, but have to say its even more fun on PS4 - could be that more people are using mics etc - but it is quality!

Here was the end to the carnage that was that helicopter race we did!

@Big-Red and I were trading kills at one point - one of us being shot down, then spawning right behind the other person and shooting them down...and repeat and repeat and repeat!

@DatIrishFella was hanging out by the finish, but managed to get two quick kills - the second must have been inches from the finish!!

Think I'm staying at home tonight, will mic up if other people are on

Will be on tonight - need to bank cash!

I did the Trevor mission in SP where he gets to fly the Dodo seaplane - loved the plane and am so tempted to buy it in MP...but it would wipe out half of my bank account! Really would be helpful if they had an actual date for heists! I assume it won't be before the PC launch, so that gives January to build funds also. But have heard estimates of around 7 million needed to be able to buy most of the DLC content...which is 6 million more than I have!

S...missions tonight anyone?

I did the Trevor mission in SP where he gets to fly the Dodo seaplane - loved the plane and am so tempted to buy it in MP...but it would wipe out half of my bank account! Really would be helpful if they had an actual date for heists! I assume it won't be before the PC launch, so that gives January to build funds also. But have heard estimates of around 7 million needed to be able to buy most of the DLC content...which is 6 million more than I have!

Heists will have good payouts though.

Missions indeed

New patch/DLC released today - Festive Update

Festive Update - 1.05 - 1.24GB PS4 / n.nn GB XB1

V1.05 - Contains fixes, new vehicles, weapons, tattoos, clothing, and more for both GTA Online and Story Mode

New Vehicles:

- Dewbauchee Massacro (Racecar) - Class:Sports
15862227300_fa9d007e59_o.jpg

Cost: $385,000
Mods: As per standard Massacro
Base Colour Change: Yes
Decal Change: No

- Dinka Jester (Racecar) - Class:Sports
15429847173_b1edc88ede_o.jpg

Cost: $350,000
Mods: As per standard Jester
Base Colour Change: Yes
Decal Change: No

- Vapid Slamvan - Class: Muscle
16023728046_83e206fa3a_o.jpg

Cost: $49,500
Mods: No body mods, standard engine and drive train mods (inc. suspension)
Base Colour Change: Primary & Secondary

- Bravado Rat-Truck - Class: Muscle
15862227240_6120a09a85_o.jpg

Cost: $37,500
Mods: Clean version of the Bravado Rat-Loader so the same.
Base Colour Change: TBC

New Weapons:

- Homing Launcher
Cost: $66,00
Ammo Cost: $1500 (x 2 rockets)
Max Ammo: 10
Mods: Colour options only

- Proximity Mines
Ammo Cost: $890 (with 11% commend discount applied)
Max Ammo: 5

New Tattoos

- Several new tattoos available.

New Clothing

- New clothing, hats and masks available (many are free of charge).

Additional control options:

- Acceleration slider (Third Person and First Person separate)
- Deadzone slider (Third Person and First Person separate)
- Auto Level First Person View
15862227340_b4caa9ffdd_c.jpg

Third Property:

- You can own three properties.
16048801172_a885a31edb_o.jpg

Fixes:

- Trees move again:

- Turbos fixed (TBC)

Saw this comment:

The new Festive Surprise Update has brought along a slew of new content and fixes. Though, by far, the biggest ones for me are the new control options for the First Person Mode:

*First Person Aim/Look Deadzone
*First Person Aim/Look Acceleration
*First Person Auto Level Camera

To get to these controls, Pause>Settings>Controls>Scroll down until you see them

I recommend you turn the Deadzone slider ALL THE WAY DOWN, and turn the Acceleration slider ALL THE WAY UP (or at least close to all the way up), and turn the Auto Level Camera setting to OFF

Surprise! First Person Mode now has decent aiming control and is now playable. Feels a lot more similar to the aiming control of dedicated FPS games. Thanks, based Rockstar.

NOTE: Make sure you are adjusting the first person controls for this to work. Not third person. But also do the same for third person controls because it makes the third person aiming a hell of a lot better, too!

Will have a play around with the deadzone settings later.

EDIT - have read comments that this vastly improves the free-aim control in first person and gives it the same level of control as a dedicated FPS.

So the above recommendation decreases the deadzone - so you don't have to move the sticks as far before there is a response on screen, which is fairly obvious. What isn't so obvious is that by increasing the acceleration to max, you are effectively removing the acceleration totally - sounds a bit back to front, but apparently that is what it does. Then you can adjust the sensitivity to personal taste.

Yeah so some advice.

Deadzone zero. Acceleration max. Sensitivity to you own taste.

Usually I hate the feeling of any acceleration and would just turn it off, but the way they are doing things in GTA you actually want to crank it all the way up to make it "disappear" if that makes any sense.

Yeah, I'd listen to this advice. The aiming sensitivity is the thing you should tweak, not the acceleration slider.

But the homing launcher is interesting - and certainly might come in handy in missions, as will the proximity mines. Although I can see someone throwing one down next to someone else's car at the beginning of a mission!!

Last edited:
On a separate note, I saw this answer from R* on their social club regarding cash cards:

“What is the point of Shark Cards, apart from to make you greedy bastards lots of money?” – Tim (via Mouthoff)

The reason we included optional in-game currency in Grand Theft Auto Online, rather than directly selling DLC, was because it was the only way that we could distribute DLC without dividing the player base each time we brought out a new content pack, which would destroy the online community very quickly by splitting players up. Thanks to Shark Cards, we have been able to give away every piece of DLC so far for free in order to keep the community whole and give people options as to whether they want to earn new content by playing the game, buy new content with Shark Cards or simply don’t get new content and still keep playing the game.

I hadn't considered what paid for DLC would have meant from an online perspective with regard to splitting up the user base.