NFL 2024 | Let's Football

I think the Dolphins will regret paying Tua
Especially when they've got 2 WRs earning shit loads of money too. The only way I see them doing well in the playoffs is to get the #1 seed to ensure they don't play in the cold. And that's pretty difficult task when most of their December away fixtures will generally be in winter conditions.

Their record in the cold is frankly a disgrace. They are 2-19 in their last 21 games played below 10°C :lol:

I think it’s not outrageous if you compare him to other QB‘s. But dedicating so much of your cap to a single player doesn’t sit right with me.

To pay him so much after one half a season of elite play is too much. For me you need more evidence of elite player to start paying those sort of wages.

To pay him so much after one half a season of elite play is too much. For me you need more evidence of elite player to start paying those sort of wages.
But that’s half a year of elite play more than Lawrence for example. It’s just what any somewhat capable QB costs.

They could have dealt with Love the way Dallas dealt with Dak a few years ago but that is a risky bet when the market resets itself every year and if Love goes off in a full season. They'd be looking at 65m+ per year in the 2025 market.

Almost missed it but there is actual football involving NFL teams being played this week, HOF game on Thursday!

You sense it by the tone of a lot of podcasts as well, it's truly inching closer right now, even though it's the middle of the summer you can feel that football is almost back :smirk:

They are trying to fix something that can’t be fixed.
Was there a flurry of successful surprise onside kicks that I missed?

I genuinely don't understand what they're even trying to fix. It's already a really lame, low percentage way to try to get back into a game after being down late by several scores... Why would it need further restrictions and an announcement?

Was there a flurry of successful surprise onside kicks that I missed?

I genuinely don't understand what they're even trying to fix. It's already a really lame, low percentage way to try to get back into a game after being down late by several scores... Why would it need further restrictions and an announcement?
Well, the timing is poor. Should have taken these steps years ago. It would have precluded this silliness...

What are they trying to fix?
The safety of the game. They are trying to make something safe that’s fundamentally unsafe. That’s why they come up with these weird rule changes.
Or did I miss something and this one isn’t about player safety?

The safety of the game. They are trying to make something safe that’s fundamentally unsafe. That’s why they come up with these weird rule changes.
Or did I miss something and this one isn’t about player safety?

These rule changes make onside kicks more difficult and more dangerous by making sure that the opposing team knows what is coming and can put focus more players and more speed in a limited area.

The onside kick rule change had to happen alongside the new kick off rules because the returning team now have to line up at their own 20 yard line and the ball is kicked from the kicking team's 35.

What is the point of stating that the ventilation system is patented? Are they better than unpatented systems(if those even exist)?

If I sat in that locker room pre-match I think I might end up having a nap. Black paint really isn't a "let's fecking goooooo" vibe.

The onside kick rule change had to happen alongside the new kick off rules because the returning team now have to line up at their own 20 yard line and the ball is kicked from the kicking team's 35.

So, for an onside kick the receiving side would line up more than 10 yards away now?

So, for an onside kick the receiving side would line up more than 10 yards away now?
The method of the onside kick stays the same now. It's just that you have to be behind in the game, inform the other team and be in the 4th quarter to do it. Essentially with the new kick off rule it wouldn't work if you allowed for an onside kick to be a surprise because now the kicking team line up in front of the kicker instead of behind like the previous rules.

The method of the onside kick stays the same now. It's just that you have to be behind in the game, inform the other team and be in the 4th quarter to do it. Essentially with the new kick off rule it wouldn't work if you allowed for an onside kick to be a surprise because now the kicking team line up in front of the kicker instead of behind like the previous rules.
Wait what?

5-year, $140m deal for Wirfs :eek: Highest-paid offensive lineman in NFL history, $88m guaranteed.

@calodo2003

5-year, $140m deal for Wirfs :eek: Highest-paid offensive lineman in NFL history, $88m guaranteed.

@calodo2003
Damn, knew he was gonna get paid, but not to that stratospheric level.

He's was the best RT until he moved to LT last year. I think he ended up graded as the best LT or damn near close.

Dogshit. They should hurry up and scrap it, and kickers/punting. Replace with:

- onside kick -> 4th and 20 style down at appropriate distance
- field goals -> quidditch style hoop that QB has to throw ball through
- punting -> designated arm punt.