NFL 2024 | Let's Football

Decent choice. Just drafted what's expected to be a top QB (I have my doubts) built a nice offense around him. Historic franchise in a tough division.

Enjoy!

:lol:

Why not build into the pushing of the heavy sled? Take a couple of days to ease into it.

&

Why the feck is Wilson even participating in such?

Tua's agent as well New
Tua's been paid.

Not bad for someone who can't play in the cold.

He's fine. QB's that are just fine get $50m a year now.

QB salaries are madness. Be interesting to see what Love gets and then it’s Purdy next year.

Edit - Purdy could go from probably the lowest paid QB in the league to the top.

I'm afraid thinking about what we might end up paying Love.

QB salaries are madness. Be interesting to see what Love gets and then it’s Purdy next year.

Edit - Purdy could go from probably the lowest paid QB in the league to the top.
Purdy will get 50 plus mill no question. Hopefully he takes a little less so we can still keep a bunch of talent around him, Mahomes style.

Packers paying the price earlier due to the shortened 2nd contract

That Love deal. :lol:
I think it’s not outrageous if you compare him to other QB‘s. But dedicating so much of your cap to a single player doesn’t sit right with me.

Thought Love looked good the second half of last year but that’s a huge deal. I’m not the most knowledgeable when it comes to the salary cap so no idea how this will affect us going forwards. Either way, roll on the start of this season!

I think it’s not outrageous if you compare him to other QB‘s. But dedicating so much of your cap to a single player doesn’t sit right with me.

He’s had half a season of good play, he wasn’t great the first half. If he continues his trajectory then the deal isn’t the worst, but if it was a flash in the pan then it seems premature at best.

It doesn’t matter. The salary cap just keeps going up and up. Journalists will keep using “biggest ever” in their articles, but it’s pretty logical why that is the case, especially for QB’s.

He’s had half a season of good play, he wasn’t great the first half. If he continues his trajectory then the deal isn’t the worst, but if it was a flash in the pan then it seems premature at best.
I think calling him good for the second half of the season doesn’t do him justice. He was brilliant. That was elite level performance we saw from him. Especially the playoff game against Dallas was incredible.
It’s just that spending this much on a single player tends to weaken your roster everywhere else. It’s a shame we didn’t get more out of his rookie contract.

I think calling him good for the second half of the season doesn’t do him justice. He was brilliant. That was elite level performance we saw from him. Especially the playoff game against Dallas was incredible.
It’s just that spending this much on a single player tends to weaken your roster everywhere else. It’s a shame we didn’t get more out of his rookie contract.
Agree on Love's play but disagree on getting more out of his rookie contract. It just seems strange compared to other teams cos he was properly developed by sitting and watching Rodgers for several seasons. What's unique is that besides Jacobs, most if not all, their skill players are still on their rookie contracts. Unless you've got a stud QB, teams typically try building by getting a rookie QB so you can pay the pieces around him (e.g. 49ers). Packers are a very young team and without Love it doesn't work. He was always going to get paid.

Last edited: