Mason Mount England flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

5.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
This is our worst transfer in the last 15 years. Not Sancho, not Antony, no one will come close this stupid signing, that probably a large section of the fanbase knew it is going to be a disaster. But hey "we do not understand football". We played 60m pounds for a mediocre player giving him a superstar wages, and he is not even available. Not a single positive aspect of this stupid transfer. Not one. I hope we sell him for 15m in the summer, I doubt there is anyone stupid enough to bite at this price.

I think it’s not unreasonable to criticize our manager and hierarchy for a transfer of an injury prone player that’s not fitting our tactics. But I understand that as long as he’s injured - indefinitely - we can’t assess if it was a good transfer or not
He wasn't injury prone to though.

I think it’s not unreasonable to criticize our manager and hierarchy for a transfer of an injury prone player that’s not fitting our tactics. But I understand that as long as he’s injured - indefinitely - we can’t assess if it was a good transfer or not
But he wasn't injury prone. And it's beyond criticising our manager. It is borderline hoping for Mount to be a failure so they can be right on the forum. He is a very good squad player - assuming he is available, but it is hard to look good under a manager that don't know how to use you, and that plays with no plan. Both Klopp and Arteta wanted Mount as well, and it is not because he is a shit player.

But he wasn't injury prone. And it's beyond criticising our manager. It is borderline hoping for Mount to be a failure so they can be right on the forum. He is a very good squad player - assuming he is available, but it is hard to look good under a manager that don't know how to use you, and that plays with no plan. Both Klopp and Arteta wanted Mount as well, and it is not because he is a shit player.
:lol:

He should be available in the first fecking place.

And about Klopp wanting him. I bet if he really wanted him (which I really doubt) it would have been on free transfer when his contract end, or reduced fee of probably 20m (what he really is worth with a year left in his contract and his level as a footballer) and with a salary of a squad player. But our board was the only stupid board amongst all big clubs who took the bait and now we are stuck this injury prone mediocre player on gigantic salary.

Even if everything goes well, there’s still the inherent problem you list there: good squad player. He is making 300k per week. Mount nearly blew a gasket at the insinuation he wasn’t the future of Chelsea.

It reminds of Chelsea fans now with all the “Gallagher would have been a great player to bring on, especially late in games, certainly better than Dewesbury-Hall”

Gallagher set explicit minimums he wanted for salary, and he wanted guarantees in playing time amounts. He wasn’t willing to be what people said he could be for us

You have to look at what a player can do compared to what they are willing to do. And then do you give in and give them outside what they warrant?

If Mount is willing to be a healthy, utility player that can do a basic job at 4 or 5 spots and help the team… one problem solved. But then you’re paying the guy who does that huge money, throwing off everything if you are trying to fix your payroll structure.

:lol:

He should be available in the first fecking place.

And about Klopp wanting him. I bet if he really wanted him (which I really doubt) it would have been on free transfer when his contract end, or reduced fee of probably 20m (what he really is worth with a year left in his contract and his level as a footballer) and with a salary of a squad player. But our board was the only stupid board amongst all big clubs who took the bait and now we are stuck this injury prone mediocre player on gigantic salary.
I don't know why you intentionally skipped the part where I said "assuming he is available", especially since it's the sentence before the part you bolded.

What you doubt isn't really relevant because it is a fact. Mount wanted to come to us instead, so they moved on to Szoboszlai, who is a similar player to Mount, but with more strength.

I agree that he wasn't worth paying 60m for us, and he wasn't a player we needed, but this hyperbole is just ridiculous. He has proven himself at the very top level in both CL semi finals, finals and in the Premier League.

You make him out to be some useless League 2 player which is not the case. If he can get rid of his injuries, he will be a good squad player, albeit a very expensive one.

Feel bad for him really, he is supposed to be a starter and someone who can play a big role in the team for the money we paid for him and his big salary, too injured and when he plays he ain't done much sadly, I still have hopes for him to come good but it's just hopes based on nothing really

I don't know why you intentionally skipped the part where I said "assuming he is available", especially since it's the sentence before the part you bolded.

What you doubt isn't really relevant because it is a fact. Mount wanted to come to us instead, so they moved on to Szoboszlai, who is a similar player to Mount, but with more strength.

I agree that he wasn't worth paying 60m for us, and he wasn't a player we needed, but this hyperbole is just ridiculous. He has proven himself at the very top level in both CL semi finals, finals and in the Premier League.

You make him out to be some useless League 2 player which is not the case. If he can get rid of his injuries, he will be a good squad player, albeit a very expensive one.

I am not. I do not think Klopp wanted him, but as clearly as I said if he wanted him it would havee been for peanuts of a fee and fractions of the salary. Yes, I would have been ok with this transfer had it been as a squad player. But Salary, Fee, and the Iconic shirt number, it was not presented to us as such. The sooner the fans realize he is not that guy, the better.

Even if everything goes well, there’s still the inherent problem you list there: good squad player. He is making 300k per week. Mount nearly blew a gasket at the insinuation he wasn’t the future of Chelsea.

It reminds of Chelsea fans now with all the “Gallagher would have been a great player to bring on, especially late in games, certainly better than Dewesbury-Hall”

Gallagher set explicit minimums he wanted for salary, and he wanted guarantees in playing time amounts. He wasn’t willing to be what people said he could be for us

You have to look at what a player can do compared to what they are willing to do. And then do you give in and give them outside what they warrant?

If Mount is willing to be a healthy, utility player that can do a basic job at 4 or 5 spots and help the team… one problem solved. But then you’re paying the guy who does that huge money, throwing off everything if you are trying to fix your payroll structure.
He is on £250k if I remember correctly and was signed before Ineos, so what's done is done. We can always sell him if he does not want to be on the bench. Don't you have a few of those players yourself? Reece James, Chilwell, Joao Felix etc.

Don't get me wrong, he isn't worth the money. I'm just not seeing what some of these posters are claiming. He has been ridiculously unlucky with injuries, and if he can get rid of those, he will be a nice squad option. Yes, an expensive one, but it is what it is.

Can't believe he has 36 pages of comments after mot really contributing anythimg this season or last. I'm all for giving a player time but when he does play, I'm not really sure why we bought him.

We do love our English injury prone players. We might as well issue the new trinity with mount, shaw and jones.

The longer he is out, the easier it becomes to assess that it was indeed a shit transfer.

This is our worst transfer in the last 15 years. Not Sancho, not Antony, no one will come close this stupid signing, that probably a large section of the fanbase knew it is going to be a disaster. But hey "we do not understand football". We played 60m pounds for a mediocre player giving him a superstar wages, and he is not even available. Not a single positive aspect of this stupid transfer. Not one. I hope we sell him for 15m in the summer, I doubt there is anyone stupid enough to bite at this price.
This is unhinged.

The last sentence is but also, financially speaking it's a terrible transfer based on the output of the player.
We overpaid given that he was in his last year of contract, but it's not like we could predict that he'd be permanently crocked after joining us.

We overpaid given that he was in his last year of contract, but it's not like we could predict that he'd be permanently crocked after joining us.
True, but now we see he's permanently crocked it's been a total and utter financial disaster

I know Halleys comet makes more appearances, but when he has played I've had no complaints. I don't understand the criticism. He is great at linking up midfield to the attacking with quick passing that allows us to maintain momentum.

Maybe those who criticise are just conditioned to think that he's crap because he doesn't run into defenders legs or until he runs out of pitch, or shoot from 35 yards every chance.