Mason Mount England flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

5.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Like the Bruno stand-in before him (VDB), just when he has a chance to get into the side because Bruno is unavailable, he is injured. This is so frustrating.

People moan about the £70m we spent on Antony but honestly I find the £60m we gave to one of our rivals for this guy to be significantly more egregious. At least Antony is available.

Seriously, wtf has happened here? He knocked his head, tweeted like a bellend that he was fine, and now no sign for a month.

No other signing comes close to being as bad as him. Just shit.

Can't argue with him being a poor signing, just don't think he is a bad player at all. Sooner or later he'll likely get rid of these injuries and he can contribute for us.

I thought that last season, but he's now in his third consecutive season of a bad injury record. There's just as likely a chance that he will remain an injury prone player for good now.

I think this guy might be ahead of Antony and Sancho in the worst signing stakes, considering we paid 60 million when he’d been injured all season and out of contract the next year. What the feck were we thinking helping Chelsea out of a mess as well?

Dreadful, dreadful signing.
~£210m on these 3... Christ almighty...

At this stage, it doesn't even matter when he's back as he will be injured again very shortly. Time is up, I hope we get rid in the summer. Either at a cut price or just give him away for free.

Can't argue with him being a poor signing, just don't think he is a bad player at all. Sooner or later he'll likely get rid of these injuries and he can contribute for us.

His days of being considered a player that can perform for a top four club are over. It's been three years now since his last good season. He should be soaring at this juncture of his career but it hasn't been the case. I can see him being loaned out to a club like Everton or West Ham before his contract is up.

Yeah I actually rate Mount higher then a few on here, clearly, but considering his contract length, what we paid, how he fits into the team/our needs at the time and now he’s (lack of) availability….theres a really good argument that he’s one of our poorest signings ever - even worse then both the Sancho and Antony signings.

Can anyone explain in simple langue - why did we even sign him? What was the role he was supposed to take. His a so-so #8, decent #10 and a meh winger.
I think ten Hag was trying to make it work with two attacking midfielders that are relentless pressers with great work rate, and a defensive midfielder behind them. It could probably work with Rice behind if the other #8 (or #10) was a controlling playmaker like Ødegaard or a younger Eriksen, but it was incredibly silly to buy him when we didn't - and still don't - have these players.

1 Sancho
2 Antony
3 Mount

Fair enough, but I don't see how Antony is worse than Mount. Inthouht he had an acceptable first season, with a very high work rate, and even a couple of high points. Okay, he's not good enough and has obvious flaws, but Mount has given us absolutely nothing. The fact he was going to be on a free makes the Mount signing unforgivable for me.

He's not a good player. He's done absolutely nothing when he's played. Zilch
He is a good player. Not a great one, but he is a decent player who is more a jack of all trades rather than a specific skill he is great at.

Do you not find it curious that almost all of our attacking players struggle under Ten Hag?

~£210m on these 3... Christ almighty...
And how many more millions on wages…

FTR, if Mount manages to finally get an injury free run then there’s a chance we’ll see some of his Chelsea form. There’s also a strong chance that he’ll struggle because we’re still shit under ETH.

1 Sancho
2 Antony
3 Mount

The more worrying thing is the current football structure's signings are not much better.

We have Zirkzee, Ugarte and Yoro big money signings that may potentially be flops too. So far De Ligt and Mazourai are looking fine but nothing to shout about.

The more worrying thing is the current football structure's signings are not much better.

We have Zirkzee, Ugarte and Yoro big money signings that may potentially be flops too. So far De Ligt and Mazourai are looking fine but nothing to shout about.

If at this stage you're worried about Yoro being a flop, that's down to you being a bedwetter rather than anything he or our current football structure have done.

If he "may potentially be a flop" then so too literally any other signing.

Zirkzee I grant you, as I also agree I don't think he's very good. Ugarte has barely even had a kick and Yoro, that's just totally unfair throwing him in there.

He had a head injury or concussion or something, didn't he?

It's a bit harsh to keep bashing him for his "injury proneness" in this case IMO, when this is not a non-contact muscle injury.

Thats the healthy way to assess signings. Everyone is a flop until proved otherwise.

Yoro is 18 and hasn’t played a competitive game for us

Whilst looking at his highlights for Chelsea most of his assists seem to be from corners.

I know he assisted in the CL final but I don't think he is creative enough as a CAM. He was bought to play Mainoo's role to transition the ball forward by passing, moving and recovering.

I think at best he can be our park ji sung if he gets fit to play used as a terrier than a transitional player.

However, part of me wouldn't surprise me if he had an oxerlaid chamberlain type single season under Klopp until he couldn't handle it.

He had a head injury or concussion or something, didn't he?

It's a bit harsh to keep bashing him for his "injury proneness" in this case IMO, when this is not a non-contact muscle injury.
Just a cut I think

I’d be surprised if it’s any worse than what De Ligt had against Brentford and played on

In a lot of ways he's been a worse signing than Antony.

With Antony, there was a sense of the unknown for most fans. An exciting looking Brazilian winger from Ajax that the manager really wanted to bring in, there was at least the promise of something exciting but unfortunately it hasn't worked out to say the least.

With Mount though, everyone KNEW he was a walking sicknote at Chelsea. Everyone KNEW he only had one year left on his contract and would be free in a year. Everyone KNEW there was no obvious role for him with Bruno in the team.

And yet we still spunked 50 million quid on him!

Mindboggling

He didn't provide much in terms of attacking output in the few games this season, but when he did play I felt they were some of our better performances and provided more balance as a team.

That being said, there won't be many shocked fans if he's off next season for yet another heavy loss on the sale, or a Sancho-style loan with obligation to buy the season after.

The injuries are ridiculous now and has been mentioned a few times above including his injury record at Chelsea now it’s very worrying. I thought we bought him knowing full sure he was good to go for the long term when he’s been anything but. He’s a good player. I like that we aren't rushing players back like before who should in theory be starters at their best like Shaw and Mount but we definitely have a knack for picking up injury prone players