Mason Mount England flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

5.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
This whole signing made absolutely no sense from the get go and a vast majority of the fanbase knew it. I hope there's been an inquest behind the scenes by Ashworth and Berrada into what the hell went on with this one.

While he has started the season as poor as the last, its completely false to claim he doesn't give us anything.

In 21/22 he had 6 assists from crosses, 3 of them from corners. The previous season 4 from crosses, 3 from corners and the season before that 4 from crosses and 1 from a corner.

So from crosses and set pieces he should be one of our best, and if hes taking corners with De Ligt in the middle that should be a combination that gets us some goals.

Its not worth what we paid and he needs to get more involved when we have the ball, so he can work himself into those situations to play teammates in with crosses and passes. But its something

The posters just following each other and building upon each others' posts repeating the same information over and over and over for over a year now. His performance thread gets more posts in them particularly after he hasn't played for some time. We know it was a poor signing, so why does this need to be mentioned a billion times more?

The posters just following each other and building upon each others' posts repeating the same information over and over and over for over a year now. His performance thread gets more posts in them particularly after he hasn't played for some time. We know it was a poor signing, so why does this need to be mentioned a billion times more?
Don't listen to this guy.

It's incredible that we have 3 candidates for "worst ever signing" all within 3 seasons of each other in Sancho, Antony and Mount. That really takes some doing.

That might actually be true with the explanation you gave in second paragraph. Honestly I have no recollection of Mount in United shirt, he's been non existent so far due to injuries. You need to admit he's been ultra unlucky with those as well.

The thing is, with Antony there's no hope. With Mount, there is a lot of hope he'll come good. "So far anyway" is the key here.
A lot of hope? Maybe when delusional. The guy barely impressed even in preseason, has been a complete nothing player.

That's fair and I agree that his ceiling his higher than Antony's, but I'm doubting he'll ever come good. Just seems like a permanent crock now. Hasn't played consistently since the the first half of the 22/23 season and you'd have to go back to 21/22 to find the last time he played consistently well.
The thing is, it is just unfair to expect him to play good if he plays in patches of a few games. That applies for any player.
Him being a crock now is far bigger issue IMO.
A lot of hope? Maybe when delusional. The guy barely impressed even in preseason, has been a complete nothing player.
I think he was good in preseason, and had ok start to the league campaign until got injured. It's his 2nd injury this year, and this one was due to a collission so he really is unclucky.

While he has started the season as poor as the last, its completely false to claim he doesn't give us anything.

In 21/22 he had 6 assists from crosses, 3 of them from corners. The previous season 4 from crosses, 3 from corners and the season before that 4 from crosses and 1 from a corner.

So from crosses and set pieces he should be one of our best, and if hes taking corners with De Ligt in the middle that should be a combination that gets us some goals.

Its not worth what we paid and he needs to get more involved when we have the ball, so he can work himself into those situations to play teammates in with crosses and passes. But its something

You're talking about past achievements at another club. He hasn't shown that ability here and he also didn't show it at Chelsea in his last year plus there before his exit. Mount was on set piece duty after he signed for us and he produced nothing

21/22 was 3 years ago

:lol: spot on

Still remember that the members questioning his signing last summer were mass ridiculed and mocked here. Those football youtube KOLs posted tons of videos how Mount was the best fit for Ten Hag's tactics.
I find that hard to believe as I'm pretty sure the majority were against it, and as we do, ended up trying to make sense of it when it happened

This whole signing made absolutely no sense from the get go and a vast majority of the fanbase knew it. I hope there's been an inquest behind the scenes by Ashworth and Berrada into what the hell went on with this one.
This. I don’t get why we even considered an attacking midfielder when we needed players in other areas. Plus buying a player in the last year of his contract for 50mil makes one think we got Messi or Ronaldo in their prime

Cursed the no. 7 shirt. Change it and things will change
Not helped by himself

In his position I'd like to think I'd be desperate to travel for Porto. So much to prove and I don't understand why he isn't foaming at the mouth to get on that pitch and start performing

This. I don’t get why we even considered an attacking midfielder when we needed players in other areas. Plus buying a player in the last year of his contract for 50mil makes one think we got Messi or Ronaldo in their prime
Exactly. It was so fecking stupid and unnecessary.

Reminds me of our purchase of oxlade-chamberlain. We spunked 40m on him in the last year of his contract in a move that was questioned by a lot of supporters - a signing clearly driven by klopp because he had the physical attributes klopp looked for in a midfielder (interestingly klopp drove our interest in mount too).

Ox spent most of his time with us on the treatment table and underwhelmed whenever he returned from injury. Similar players, same trajectory.

Reminds me of our purchase of oxlade-chamberlain. We spunked 40m on him in the last year of his contract in a move that was questioned by a lot of supporters - a signing clearly driven by klopp because he had the physical attributes klopp looked for in a midfielder (interestingly klopp drove our interest in mount too).

Ox spent most of his time with us on the treatment table and underwhelmed whenever he returned from injury. Similar players, same trajectory.
Still scored that rocket against City in the CL

You're talking about past achievements at another club. He hasn't shown that ability here and he also didn't show it at Chelsea in his last year plus there before his exit. Mount was on set piece duty after he signed for us and he produced nothing

Partly because we didnt have any good targets. De Ligt consistently scored a handful of goals from set pieces, so now he has someone who is actually a threat to target. No excuses if he gets the set pieces and doesnt provide now

Even his ' minor' injury's seem to take a long time to recover from and even when he returns we will probably get a game or so at most out of him at most before he is gone for another month with injury , I know that it is not his fault that he is injury prone but hard to see him even cement a place in the team when he i so unreliable fitness wise. As many have said , a really baffling singing.

Mason Mount has 22 times the number of player performance thread pages as he has Premier League starts since joining. I had no idea he was so popular!

I think this guy might be ahead of Antony and Sancho in the worst signing stakes, considering we paid 60 million when he’d been injured all season and out of contract the next year. What the feck were we thinking helping Chelsea out of a mess as well?

Dreadful, dreadful signing.

I think this guy might be ahead of Antony and Sancho in the worst signing stakes, considering we paid 60 million when he’d been injured all season and out of contract the next year. What the feck were we thinking helping Chelsea out of a mess as well?

Sancho is the worst. That prick just didn't give a shit.

Antony will at least put effort in and has had a couple of big moments against Liverpool and Barca.

Mount will put the effort in too but he's just cursed with injuries/our medical team.

For the amount of money we have paid (considering he had one year left on his contract), for the wages we pay him, for his overall availability and even when he has been available, has been average at best, makes it such a dreadful signing. On top of that, in his last season at Chelsea, his form dropped off dramatically.

What made us justify paying Chelsea £55m + £5m?! Should have been a £35m + £5m signing at best and even then, we would have been scammed...

Mason Mount has 22 times the number of player performance thread pages as he has Premier League starts since joining. I had no idea he was so popular!

I dont think he is popular. Most post are the same type of post and calling him a bad transfer.

Obviously he has been a bad transfer so far but i guess posters feel the need to repeat that over and over again.

Wonder if there is a player in there somewhere? I guess we will never find out.

This is the worst thing about the transfer for me. For guys like Smalling, Phil Jones, Martial, Hargreaves etc. even though they were always injured, I at least rated what they brought to the team when they were around. I never rated Mount as anything special before or after he came here, so the fact that he is always injured, and even when he is fit he isn't bringing anything worthwhile to the table (For me) is even more annoying.

Availability really is the best ability. Hopeless signing.
Ironically a big part of his ability is in his availability.

He’s one of those players managers like as a dependable safe option who will always work hard.

If you remove his dependability. He is basically useless.

1 Sancho
2 Antony
3 Mount

Make you right....