Mason Greenwood, Marseille Footballer | Read the thread rules in the OP before posting

The thing is, he's different from other non-United players. On the one hand, what @NotThatSoph has said, and on the other, no other ex-United player has had several threads, hundreds of pages and tens of thousands of posts discussing them on here in the very recent past. This is very, very obvious. Pretending he's no different to other non-United players is ridiculous. You are completely free to discuss his performances without acting like the majority of discussions of his personal issues is that different to other alleged domestic abusers and sex offenders.

Very confused by your post, would be helpful if you could clarify as you are talking about something completely different.

The point is the reaction to him having a good performance and the thread being less active when he is having an average or bad performance is no different to other non-united player threads ala the welbeck thread and others. Again, with someone who doesn't like this thread being open complaining that no one was talking about him over the international break or when he put in average performances, yet you've got another poster complaining that people are following his every move when clearly the majority are just reacting when he has a good performance (as is normal). That aspect is no different to a lot of non-united player threads. That has nothing to do with pretending he is no different to other players. The only difference is if someone gives him praise for a performance there are sets of posters who label it as drooling over him when the majority of posts are just sensible reactions in a player thread.

Assuming reports that we get a straight 50% of any sell on are true (with a cut to Getafe apparently), to be worth it for Marseille it would need to be a fee of £70m+

I guess there are only a handful of clubs who can afford that outside of England but still some options

Yeah, it really just depends on how he performs. 30+ goals and assists I can see teams coming in for him at that price, a good/average season I don't think the baggage is worth the outlay and he stays at Marseille.

The only difference is if someone gives him praise for a performance there are sets of posters who label it as drooling over him when the majority of posts are just sensible reactions in a player thread.
This doesn't happen all that much though. People commented on his performance last week without anything like that. It was only when Hughie came in calling him "the boy" and saying United made a mistake letting him go and that people will soon only talk about his football that the push back really started. And a comment like that is naturally gonna get push back from people who are against Greenwood.

Yes, which is how we know that the analyzing his performances spiel was never true, as I said. That was what people claimed they wanted to do, in an effort to get talk of his personal life banned, but what you want is to praise him when he's doing well.

Again you are complaining that this thread is being used pretty much exactly like every other non-united player thread. That is, when the player puts in good performances or is having a good season, those good performances get analysed. The bigger the player the more active and intense the scrutiny, cleary Greenwood isn't at that level yet so the majority of posters are popping in when he has good games ala the majority of these types of threads. He is also having a good season and so far hasn't really had a long string of bad games where it would cause discussion. If he did or he was flopping this season there likely would be a lot of posters revelling in that as would be their right.

The argument you are making is that you are upset that posters are using this thread for what its been created for.

This doesn't happen all that much though. People commented on his performance last week without anything like that. It was only when Hughie came in calling him "the boy" and saying United made a mistake letting him go and that people will soon only talk about his football that the push back really started. And a comment like that is naturally gonna get push back from people who are against Greenwood.

And I'm all for those posters specifically being called out and if over stepping the mark being moderated. However, if that remark of calling him the boy is the only really controversial comment through an active weekend in this thread then that's a good thing. Shows the majority are either discussing his performance or complaining that people are discussing his performances.

Still a convicted rapist, but everybody loves him, I haven't seen anything bad written about him anywhere, tv shows a new fight coming up etc

You’re kidding? It’s everywhere. And WAS everywhere at the time. Not in the Bro Rogan spaces. But you’ll always hear casual qualifiers to fully formed adults talking about Tyson.

Not overt detail, but things like ‘Obviously he was a hugely problematic person but those first few years of Tyson he was the a monster in the ring’.

He himself talks about ‘Old Mike’ and adult Mike. I’ve got a sensibly sized amount of time for him. He grew up Black in one of the poorest families in the poorest part of the poorest area in New York, during a period that’s incomparable to now. None of this excuses or explains away any of his behaviour, and is certainly not a mitigation for what he got convicted for. But I think he was arrested close to 50 times before becoming a professional fighter. He was praised and idolised for hitting people in the face for a living. That he didn’t become a well rounded young man is of no surprise.

The point is, there was a line in the sand. Everyone had to reframe and make a new choice. In absence of that with Greenwood, everyone is living in the incident. The audio. The photos. He may well feel that he paid the price of his actions; 18 months out of the game. Left his club. Not picked for England. All of his own internal family resolutions.

I’d be able to extend a level of sympathy for him if he’d fronted up. Apologised. Put the work in. If you want society to move on, you have to take them on the journey. There simply must have been people around him that told him what he did was wrong.

But playing in Marseille, smile on his face, millions in the bank… it’s simply not enough and it never will be. You simply have to have a moment that represents ‘This is what I did. This is who I was. I’m cognisant of this and I will become a better person’. (Lots of this does not apply to Tyson, so we’re clear).

I’m hoping that moment comes for him and his family. But until then, he deserves zero sympathy.

Very confused by your post, would be helpful if you could clarify as you are talking about something completely different.

The point is the reaction to him having a good performance and the thread being less active when he is having an average or bad performance is no different to other non-united player threads ala the welbeck thread and others. Again, with someone who doesn't like this thread being open complaining that no one was talking about him over the international break or when he put in average performances, yet you've got another poster complaining that people are following his every move when clearly the majority are just reacting when he has a good performance (as is normal). That aspect is no different to a lot of non-united player threads. That has nothing to do with pretending he is no different to other players. The only difference is if someone gives him praise for a performance there are sets of posters who label it as drooling over him when the majority of posts are just sensible reactions in a player thread.

And my point is that he is totally different from other ex-United players both in terms of amount of posts about him, and in that we've seen many posters explicitly claiming to be genuinely interested in his career. Neither of those conditions apply to Wellbeck and his thread. If people claim to be interested in how Greenwood does but then don't post for weeks when he's not doing that well one may think the interest is not that genuine. I'm not talking about "something completely different", I am explaining why I think it's completely justified to treat or view the Greenwood thread totally differently as you would any other thread about any other ex-United player, whereas you think the only difference is the bolded, which is just ludicrous. This is an extremely simple point too, and I don't believe for one second you are "very confused" by it.

You’re kidding? It’s everywhere. And WAS everywhere at the time. Not in the Bro Rogan spaces. But you’ll always hear casual qualifiers to fully formed adults talking about Tyson.

Not overt detail, but things like ‘Obviously he was a hugely problematic person but those first few years of Tyson he was the a monster in the ring’.

He himself talks about ‘Old Mike’ and adult Mike. I’ve got a sensibly sized amount of time for him. He grew up Black in one of the poorest families in the poorest part of the poorest area in New York, during a period that’s incomparable to now. None of this excuses or explains away any of his behaviour, and is certainly not a mitigation for what he got convicted for. But I think he was arrested close to 50 times before becoming a professional fighter. He was praised and idolised for hitting people in the face for a living. That he didn’t become a well rounded young man is of no surprise.

The point is, there was a line in the sand. Everyone had to reframe and make a new choice. In absence of that with Greenwood, everyone is living in the incident. The audio. The photos. He may well feel that he paid the price of his actions; 18 months out of the game. Left his club. Not picked for England. All of his own internal family resolutions.

I’d be able to extend a level of sympathy for him if he’d fronted up. Apologised. Put the work in. If you want society to move on, you have to take them on the journey. There simply must have been people around him that told him what he did was wrong.

But playing in Marseille, smile on his face, millions in the bank… it’s simply not enough and it never will be. You simply have to have a moment that represents ‘This is what I did. This is who I was. I’m cognisant of this and I will become a better person’. (Lots of this does not apply to Tyson, so we’re clear).

I’m hoping that moment comes for him and his family. But until then, he deserves zero sympathy.

Just out of interest, Greenwood said that alot of the things he was accused was wasn't true.

Would asking for forgiveness for something that wasn't true be right? After all the courts did say there was new evidence too before the case was dropped.

I'm not trying to back him up but coming out in public for something he may have not done the way it's viewed in public could be very hard.

I think the people now following Greenwood's career were just the ones excited to see him grow for us & now that's not really in our time zone or patch of grass so will be interested to see if he scores some dream goals that we once though he might score for us.

Again you are complaining that this thread is being used pretty much exactly like every other non-united player thread. That is, when the player puts in good performances or is having a good season, those good performances get analysed. The bigger the player the more active and intense the scrutiny, cleary Greenwood isn't at that level yet so the majority of posters are popping in when he has good games ala the majority of these types of threads. He is also having a good season and so far hasn't really had a long string of bad games where it would cause discussion. If he did or he was flopping this season there likely would be a lot of posters revelling in that as would be their right.

The argument you are making is that you are upset that posters are using this thread for what its been created for.

I am not complaining about or upset about anything. I'm pointing out what's happening, because people are attempting to be sneaky. Luckily they're very bad at it.

Just out of interest, Greenwood said that alot of the things he was accused was wasn't true.

Would asking for forgiveness for something that wasn't true be right? After all the courts did say there was new evidence too before the case was dropped.

I'm not trying to back him up but coming out in public for something he may have not done the way it's viewed in public could be very hard.

I think the people now following Greenwood's career were just the ones excited to see him grow for us & now that's not really in our time zone or patch of grass so will be interested to see if he scores some dream goals that we once though he might score for us.
If it's not true, he could issue a statement that explains the audio and visual evidence that did come out. And I'm sure there are about a dozen other things he could that would indicate that he recognizes that this evidence exists and that it looks bad - and then comment on that in a meaningful way. But just saying 'it's not true' (while acknowledging that I don't know how he said that exactly) isn't going to cut it in this situation.

And my point is that he is totally different from other ex-United players both in terms of amount of posts about him, and in that we've seen many posters explicitly claiming to be genuinely interested in his career. Neither of those conditions apply to Wellbeck and his thread. If people claim to be interested in how Greenwood does but then don't post for weeks when he's not doing that well one may think the interest is not that genuine. I'm not talking about "something completely different", I am explaining why I think it's completely justified to treat or view the Greenwood thread totally differently as you would any other thread about any other ex-United player, whereas you think the only difference is the bolded, which is just ludicrous. This is an extremely simple point too, and I don't believe for one second you are "very confused" by it.

What is this fascination with defining what "genuinely interested in his career" is? Checking his goals out, watch compilations of good performances, watching comps of every game, watching every full game, checking this thread once a month are all different forms of being genuinely interested in his career. You can be genuinely interested in his career and only check in from time to time, or be genuinely interested and check in every single weekend. Again, as in any other thread about a non-united player. I was interested in Gomes career and when his thread was bumped (due to a good performance) I'd pop in to check it out. You are putting this weird expectation on how posters must " genuinely follow his career" that seemingly doesn't apply to other non-united player threads. Just because it is Greenwood and a poster says they are interested in how his career develops, doesn't mean that they have demonstrate that in the exact way you want to see or else be labelled not genuinely interested.

I’ve been young. I’ve acted like a prick in a pub and gone door to door with friends to apologise for minor indiscretions.

Nobody is asking him to apologise for things he hasn’t done. It’s the lack of acknowledgement of anything that I’m talking to.

What would you do if those photo and audio recordings of you were out in public?

I am not complaining about or upset about anything. I'm pointing out what's happening, because people are attempting to be sneaky. Luckily they're very bad at it.

It is complaining. The majority of posters talking about his performances are doing so sensibly. You are projecting an image on the majority of them that they are being sneaky because in secret you believe they are all greenwood loving apologists, when in reality the majority are just discussing his performances like in any other non-united player thread. Feel free to call out misogynistic posts, I'd encourage it, what I'm not a fan of is this general statement that posters are celebrating Greenwood when the majority are cleary not. You can praise a performance without praising someones character.

Interesting to see if we attempt to get him back in a few years then

I doubt it - best scenario for the club now is that he does well, gets a bigger move ASAP and we get a transfer kitty boost from sell on clause

I don't think anybody will be suppressed by not being able to talk about Greenwood on a football forum of a club he doesn't play for. There's plenty of other cesspits where you can knock one out over him knocking a couple past Gauthier Larsonneur if you're desperate to. No reason to spam this forum with "look at this goal, deserves a second chance, such a poor misunderstood boy" followed by "he's a wife beating rapist, feck this shit" x 10,000 forever. Nobody is changing their minds about him now, closing the thread would be a kindness to all concerned.
That isn't what I said. Certainly not what I meant. My point was, that pushing topics or standpoints into the shadows will not make them go away. Whether somebody is suppressed or not is a different thing to that person feeling suppressed or not. And if a person feels suppressed, radical thoughts will be more likely than reasonable ones. I think, some of the "backlash" isn't as much a "Pro Greenwoods actions" stance but rather a "feels like talk is always in extremes around here" stance. And nobody should wonder about hefty reactions when there is no differentiation is made between those groups.
Marginalized is almost as funny as oppressed, for what it's worth. Especially combined with that other poster just bringing up Prohibition as a parallell. We really are dealing with a powerless minority's struggle against the pressing boot of Big Society here!
Just to make sure, that this isn't filed like another record of "I fought another apologist", I didn't compare him or how he is dealt with with Prohibition at all. I brought it up as an example of an attempt to suppress something, in this case cheap alcohol, opened the door to other unwanted phenomena and when a borderline-yellow press conflict like the Greenwood case is already creating such extreme positions, I for one get a bit worried about potential bigger conflicts in the future.
Well, of course it's not only used for reasons I support; dictators do the same when they forbid talk of opposition. And inversely, progressivists beat against the edge of the window when they try to create/widen acceptance for anything 2SLGBTQI+ (Canadian acronym). So I wasn't so much making a moral point as explaining why this happens and why it's persistent - cause that seems to baffle people.
While this overton window theory is undeniably plausible, I think, it isn't a general key that unlocks every situation.

I think, it makes "the masses" look like some passive medium ready to vibe on the grooves of some (leader) figure. I've listened to a lecture a few years ago, think around 2016 or something, pointing out that divisive figures like the one who won the presidency in the US back then, but him being only symbolic because such figures or groups aren't a rare breed these days, aren't the ones who make people think this or that but rather those figures are very good in feeling the grooves of the masses themselves and being able to take some melody from it and make it work in their favor. In short, it didn't need one politician to make "America first" a thing, it was something that has been on peoples minds all the time and just ignited very quickly. Obviously, if we think, that there are "dangerous individuals" with "dangerous messages" out there, then I understand the reflex to shut them down but isn't that an expression of a rather question worthy image of human beings? Especially "all the others who are gullible enough to ran into such traps"?

Btw, great post by @UnrelatedPsuedo about Greenwood's lack of accountability being the big issue here! (Regardless of whether the Tyson example is right; I have no idea myself.)
btw: I always felt this point to be a bit weird. I mean, I know that I don't know much about the case, so I certainly wouldn't feel suited to demand some sort of excuse. What I certainly agree on is that the status quo of all that doesn't seem to be something that has been the target of a strategy. My feeling is, that the players advisors told him to keep it low to let the next big story take the focus away. Maybe they thought it would happen faster or whatever, personally, I'd rather have this state than some BS emotional music crap infested public apology, heck maybe even some "accompany the family" format.

I’ve been young. I’ve acted like a prick in a pub and gone door to door with friends to apologise for minor indiscretions.

Nobody is asking him to apologise for things he hasn’t done. It’s the lack of acknowledgement of anything that I’m talking to.

What would you do if those photo and audio recordings of you were out in public?
Well going from door to door won't make those go away, would it? Who knows, I think it is safe to say that he will have gotten advice from very different perspectives and maybe he fears repercussions with the legal case, maybe explanation attempts sound too unlikely. I certainly can imagine coming to the conclusion that not adressing it might be the best of multiple bad outcomes.

I know it is a popular theme - the sinner should atone and repent. Ideally publically so everybody can see what an awful being is there in front of them. But for that to really work, it would also need the will to forgive. And I think, it is safe to say, that this certainly isn't a given. Weren't you the one who stated that he is ready to step in after every post to remind people of your opinion about the player? That sort (ir-)rationality and maybe even worse is what the player is up against. I definitely can see why he hasn't acknowledged anything. I personally don't think, it would be fair to hold it against him but also I can see how other people can come to different standpoints in that aspect.

That isn't what I said. Certainly not what I meant. My point was, that pushing topics or standpoints into the shadows will not make them go away. Whether somebody is suppressed or not is a different thing to that person feeling suppressed or not. And if a person feels suppressed, radical thoughts will be more likely than reasonable ones. I think, some of the "backlash" isn't as much a "Pro Greenwoods actions" stance but rather a "feels like talk is always in extremes around here" stance. And nobody should wonder about hefty reactions when there is no differentiation is made between those groups.

Just to make sure, that this isn't filed like another record of "I fought another apologist", I didn't compare him or how he is dealt with with Prohibition at all. I brought it up as an example of an attempt to suppress something, in this case cheap alcohol, opened the door to other unwanted phenomena and when a borderline-yellow press conflict like the Greenwood case is already creating such extreme positions, I for one get a bit worried about potential bigger conflicts in the future.

While this overton window theory is undeniably plausible, I think, it isn't a general key that unlocks every situation.

I think, it makes "the masses" look like some passive medium ready to vibe on the grooves of some (leader) figure. I've listened to a lecture a few years ago, think around 2016 or something, pointing out that divisive figures like the one who won the presidency in the US back then, but him being only symbolic because such figures or groups aren't a rare breed these days, aren't the ones who make people think this or that but rather those figures are very good in feeling the grooves of the masses themselves and being able to take some melody from it and make it work in their favor. In short, it didn't need one politician to make "America first" a thing, it was something that has been on peoples minds all the time and just ignited very quickly. Obviously, if we think, that there are "dangerous individuals" with "dangerous messages" out there, then I understand the reflex to shut them down but isn't that an expression of a rather question worthy image of human beings? Especially "all the others who are gullible enough to ran into such traps"?

btw: I always felt this point to be a bit weird. I mean, I know that I don't know much about the case, so I certainly wouldn't feel suited to demand some sort of excuse. What I certainly agree on is that the status quo of all that doesn't seem to be something that has been the target of a strategy. My feeling is, that the players advisors told him to keep it low to let the next big story take the focus away. Maybe they thought it would happen faster or whatever, personally, I'd rather have this state than some BS emotional music crap infested public apology, heck maybe even some "accompany the family" format.

Well going from door to door won't make those go away, would it? Who knows, I think it is safe to say that he will have gotten advice from very different perspectives and maybe he fears repercussions with the legal case, maybe explanation attempts sound too unlikely. I certainly can imagine coming to the conclusion that not adressing it might be the best of multiple bad outcomes.

I know it is a popular theme - the sinner should atone and repent. Ideally publically so everybody can see what an awful being is there in front of them. But for that to really work, it would also need the will to forgive. And I think, it is safe to say, that this certainly isn't a given. Weren't you the one who stated that he is ready to step in after every post to remind people of your opinion about the player? That sort (ir-)rationality and maybe even worse is what the player is up against. I definitely can see why he hasn't acknowledged anything. I personally don't think, it would be fair to hold it against him but also I can see how other people can come to different standpoints in that aspect.

This topic isn't worth this many words.

Not suggesting he be bought back, but do we definitely know there is a clause or is it just paper talk ?

Ultimately nearly every bit of news about any player's contract is 'paper talk', but it was reputable sources saying there is both sell on and buy back clauses in place

Still a convicted rapist, but everybody loves him, I haven't seen anything bad written about him anywhere, tv shows a new fight coming up etc
Tyson endured appalling treatment by the press over the years, with the old racist tropes of 'beast' and 'animal' lobbed at him. He's done some terrible things over the years, but he's been absolutely demonised at times.

What is this fascination with defining what "genuinely interested in his career" is? Checking his goals out, watch compilations of good performances, watching comps of every game, watching every full game, checking this thread once a month are all different forms of being genuinely interested in his career. You can be genuinely interested in his career and only check in from time to time, or be genuinely interested and check in every single weekend. Again, as in any other thread about a non-united player. I was interested in Gomes career and when his thread was bumped (due to a good performance) I'd pop in to check it out. You are putting this weird expectation on how posters must " genuinely follow his career" that seemingly doesn't apply to other non-united player threads. Just because it is Greenwood and a poster says they are interested in how his career develops, doesn't mean that they have demonstrate that in the exact way you want to see or else be labelled not genuinely interested.

Fascination is a ridiculous word to describe my feelings about what I've been discussing here. And the "expectations" were set by some of his fans on here, who explicitly and repeatedly used that argument to justify their over-the-top praise in this and previous threads about him. In any case, I would say that not commenting on a player you're interested in during a period of 4 matchdays over more than a month in which even his manager publicly spoke about his performances doesn't fit any definition of "interest", no matter how much you want to twist it.

And again, he is not like any other ex-United player, so not sure why you keep saying that, it's very silly. He's different to most other ex-United players in every possible way and in particular in the way he's been discussed in this very forum both qualitatively and quantitatively.

.Well going from door to door won't make those go away, would it? Who knows, I think it is safe to say that he will have gotten advice from very different perspectives and maybe he fears repercussions with the legal case, maybe explanation attempts sound too unlikely. I certainly can imagine coming to the conclusion that not adressing it might be the best of multiple bad outcomes.

Nah. He doesn’t get to hide behind repackaged happiness after what’s been made public. He also didn’t need to speak to specifics. He could have acknowledged the language and actions. Ownership of a broken attitude would have gone close enough. Comments on therapy. An absolute disclosure that no woman should be spoke to that way or treated like that.

I’m pissing in the wind. If he was going to do it he’d have done so by now.

Also, it’s not a ‘moral theme’. It’s flat out morality. There are no both sides to this.

It is complaining. The majority of posters talking about his performances are doing so sensibly. You are projecting an image on the majority of them that they are being sneaky because in secret you believe they are all greenwood loving apologists, when in reality the majority are just discussing his performances like in any other non-united player thread. Feel free to call out misogynistic posts, I'd encourage it, what I'm not a fan of is this general statement that posters are celebrating Greenwood when the majority are cleary not. You can praise a performance without praising someones character.

No. As I said, you're bad at this. I'm talking about a specific few posters who said the things I'm referring to. Most didn't.

No, it's filed under "that was really funny", both because using that as an example when the topic is talking about Mason Greenwood on an internet forum is funny in an of itself, and because it's a really bad example.

Fascination is a ridiculous word to describe my feelings about what I've been discussing here. And the "expectations" were set by some of his fans on here, who explicitly and repeatedly used that argument to justify their over-the-top praise in this and previous threads about him. In any case, I would say that not commenting on a player you're interested in during a period of 4 matchdays over more than a month in which even his manager publicly spoke about his performances doesn't fit any definition of "interest", no matter how much you want to twist it.

And again, he is not like any other ex-United player, so not sure why you keep saying that, it's very silly. He's different to most other ex-United players in every possible way and in particular in the way he's been discussed in this very forum both qualitatively and quantitatively.

Going around in circles here. Player plays good, interest in player. Player plays average, no real interest in player Player plays really bad, interest in player. That's how these player threads work mate. It is a fascination when you're expecting posters interest in a players performance in this thread to behave completely different to the majority of other threads by expecting them to post about every single game he plays just because he's greenwood when that expectation is not there for any other player. Now I'm taking you on good faith but to me it just appears some are upset the thread is open and therefore whatever the posters do who are interested in his performances (within forum rules) will be called out e.g. no one posted in 4 game vs posters are obsessed with him, with the main evidence being the post from someone who didn't want the thread open complaining that no one had posted in it for a couple weeks.

No. As I said, you're bad at this. I'm talking about a specific few posters who said the things I'm referring to. Most didn't.

Yes, which is how we know that the analyzing his performances spiel was never true, as I said. That was what people claimed they wanted to do, in an effort to get talk of his personal life banned, but what you want is to praise him when he's doing well.

Right.... the point is, as highlighted in your previous point directed at me, that those posters, such as me apparently, were never true when saying they wanted to analyze his performance i.e. being a ruse to praise Greenwood... So yeah you weren't referring to a few specific posters. Call out people individually but these blanket statements are annoying. Again, the majority of posters who are discussing his performances, are discussing his performances sensibly. I understand that isn't ideal for you and a few others on here but we aint got to do this charade. Call out those who overstep the mark and leave the others to discuss his performance, which most of the time is when he puts in a good performance like in the majority of player threads.

The essays being written about this guy in this thread is ridiculous.

Feels like certain posters are trying to justify their reasons for still watching the guy play football.

And then there's the other weirdos who clearly didn't want him to leave and don't care about what he did and are trying to goad other posters in to reacting, like posting stuff like "do we have a buy back clause".

Going around in circles here. Player plays good, interest in player. Player plays average, no real interest in player Player plays really bad, interest in player. That's how these player threads work mate. It is a fascination when you're expecting posters interest in a players performance in this thread to behave completely different to the majority of other threads by expecting them to post about every single game he plays just because he's greenwood when that expectation is not there for any other player. Now I'm taking you on good faith but to me it just appears some are upset the thread is open and therefore whatever the posters do who are interested in his performances (within forum rules) will be called out e.g. no one posted in 4 game vs posters are obsessed with him, with the main evidence being the post from someone who didn't want the thread open complaining that no one had posted in it for a couple weeks.

Yes, and it's very silly that after opening your post with that you then proceed to ignore absolutely everything I wrote in the post you quoted. Again, he's not like any other player and the "expectations" were set by his fans on here.

Yes, and it's very silly that after opening your post with that you then proceed to ignore absolutely everything I wrote in the post you quoted. Again, he's not like any other player and the "expectations" were set by his fans on here.

Because that part is a nonsense argument. Again going around in circles here.

Right.... the point is, as highlighted in your previous point directed at me, that those posters, such as me apparently, were never true when saying they wanted to analyze his performance i.e. being a ruse to praise Greenwood... So yeah you weren't referring to a few specific posters. Call out people individually but these blanket statements are annoying. Again, the majority of posters who are discussing his performances, are discussing his performances sensibly. I understand that isn't ideal for you and a few others on here but we aint got to do this charade. Call out those who overstep the mark and leave the others to discuss his performance, which most of the time is when he puts in a good performance like in the majority of player threads.

You're literally quoting me referring to a few posters while trying to claim that I'm not. You're a hoot.

It isn't. You keep saying he's like any other ex-player and he isn't, in every possible way and in particular in the way we've been posting about him for years.

It is a nonsense post because in my responses to you I've been careful to point to the habits of the posters and refer to those habits i.e. why they post in here more often when he has a good performance. You are stuck on this position of he is different which makes no sense. What does he being different have to do with this thread being more active when he has a good performance, again like any other thread. To clarify for you, as you seem to completely be missing this, yes his history makes him different to a wellbeck no one has contested this imaginary argument . That still doesn't explain why you think this thread being active when he has a good performance is weird, as that is how most of these threads work.

You're literally quoting me referring to a few posters while trying to claim that I'm not. You're a hoot.

This is getting hilarious now, you didn't refer to a few, you referred to people and then included me in it (still no idea why). So no need to get defenseive. It's fine, we don't agree on things. Just call people out specifically and don't generalise.

It is a nonsense post because in my responses to you I've been careful to point to the habits of the posters and refer to those habits i.e. why they post in here more often when he has a good performance. You are stuck on this position of he is different which makes no sense. What does he being different have to do with this thread being more active when he has a good performance, again like any other thread. To clarify for you, as you seem to completely be missing this, yes his history makes him different to a wellbeck no one has contested this imaginary argument . That still doesn't explain why you think this thread being active when he has a good performance is weird, as that is how most of these threads work.

He's completely different to them and the way we've talked about him in this forum is completely different to the way we've talked about them, so it's stupid to say that it's now normal that his thread is the same as any other ex-players' threads. The anomaly is the thread not reflecting the enormous differences in the treatment of the players within the forum. The reason why that still doesn't explain why I think this thread being active when he has a good performance is weird is because I don't. I'm just reminding you and other that the interest many posters claimed to have is fake. I knew from the beginning this was what was always going to happen, so in actual fact I think it is the opposite of weird.

Going around in circles here. Player plays good, interest in player. Player plays average, no real interest in player Player plays really bad, interest in player. That's how these player threads work mate.
Absolutely right - no idea why this is difficult to grasp for some

You’re not actually understanding the posters point at all, it seems.

Nah. He doesn’t get to hide behind repackaged happiness after what’s been made public. He also didn’t need to speak to specifics. He could have acknowledged the language and actions. Ownership of a broken attitude would have gone close enough. Comments on therapy. An absolute disclosure that no woman should be spoke to that way or treated like that.
Good points. I agree, all of those would have taken a bit of the pressure off. But I still wouldn't hold it against him, like no negative points for that one just a missed opportunity to get a few positive ones.
I’m pissing in the wind. If he was going to do it he’d have done so by now.
Most likely. As I said, I think, he and his advisors gambled on the next scandal to take the edges off of that story but it didn't happen to that extent. It created this limbo right now where it would be odd to break silence now so I guess, it will continue like that. Maybe when he returns to an English club (IF that happens), maybe then they will try to take measures but for now, I agree, don't expect something to happen.
Also, it’s not a ‘moral theme’. It’s flat out morality. There are no both sides to this.
After the profit and money discussion, I am not jumping into another argument about terminology ^^ . That statements sounds too absolute to my ears but most likely thats just me.

Absolutely right - no idea why this is difficult to grasp for some
It's not difficult to grasp at all, this is a unique case in point. Firstly we were aware of that dynamic with the likelihood being positive posts only, (yet the argument given at the time was that it wasn't and would be a thread to discuss all aspects of performance) and we didn't want a thread that only focused on the positives of a quite awful individual.

No idea why that is so difficult to grasp for some

Secondly, the idea that poor performances of highly lauded players don't get discussed is utter nonsense. Suddenly football fans only focus on the positives!?!