Mason Greenwood, Marseille Footballer | Read the thread rules in the OP before posting

Personally I think him involved in feeding kids is brilliant and has zero impact on his ability to play football.

Been a few incidents involving lack of professionalism from Rashford and a lot of local rumours (granted rumours) about the club's disappointment with him over his time keeping, attitude etc, but the point about him not running because he played through the pain barrier is nonsense for me. That Chelsea away game when he was jogging highlighted his attitude for me, not good enough.

Personally would rather keep him, but he is currently nowhere near his level, and hasn't been for over a year.

You levied "stinking attitude" at him, I assumed it was substantiated by more than "local rumours".

I don't know if it's a reading comprehension thing, but what I said to you was that he played through injury for close to a year. How does someone with a stinking attitude even does that? I then speculated that I wouldn't be surprised if doing so has made his movement stiffer. Rashford now doesn't move like Rashford when he broke through and I'm not talking specifically about defensive work (he was never a dog type of player) - he doesn't even dribble the same. At no point did I say that he doesn't run because he played through the pain barrier.

Players have different limitations and instructions. I wouldn't say Berbatov had a stinking attitude because he didn't throw himself about like Tevez. Again, for clarity, Rashford has been below par performance wise for a while, maybe he has lost it and should be moved on. But this in itself doesn't translate to "stinking attitude". Do you understand this?

You levied "stinking attitude" at him, I assumed it was substantiated by more than "local rumours".

I don't know if it's a reading comprehension thing, but what I said to you was that he played through injury for close to a year. How does someone with a stinking attitude even does that? I then speculated that I wouldn't be surprised if doing so has made his movement stiffer. Rashford now doesn't move like Rashford when he broke through and I'm not talking specifically about defensive work (he was never a dog type of player) - he doesn't even dribble the same. At no point did I say that he doesn't run because he played through the pain barrier.

Players have different limitations and instructions. I wouldn't say Berbatov had a stinking attitude because he didn't throw himself about like Tevez. Again, for clarity, Rashford

Players have different limitations and instructions. I wouldn't say Berbatov had a stinking attitude because he didn't throw himself about like Tevez. Again, for clarity, Rashford has been below par performance wise for a while, maybe he has lost it and should be moved on. But this in itself doesn't translate to "stinking attitude". Do you understand this?

Local rumours are people who work within the club. Has Rashford had any public documented disciplinary issues in the last 12 months? Do you understand this?

Rashford went to a night out. The horror.

"local rumours". feck's sake

Marcus Rashford played through a year of pain and then came back to hit a record breaking season, but now can't play well because of it. Fecks sake.

So why did you claim it was no longer online, so we should all move on?

I think they probably meant that the original post was taken down and that established media outlets in the UK weren’t able to show it whilst the criminal case was ongoing. I presume that they would be able to do so now, but would have to be very careful about what they said still, but (from a quick search) it doesn’t seem to be readily available anywhere reputable - although I’ve no doubt I could find it fairly quickly.

I'm not seeing what De Zerbi has said that’s so bad. The journalist probably asked him about MG’s past, but it’s hardly in Marseille’s or De Zerbi’s interest to talk about that. It’s more in their interest to highlight what a player he is. Marseille hasn't signed a top player from a big club for how long?

I'm not seeing what De Zerbi has said that’s so bad. The journalist probably asked him about MG’s past, but it’s hardly in Marseille’s or De Zerbi’s interest to talk about that. It’s more in their interest to highlight what a player he is. Marseille hasn't signed a top player from a big club for how long?
De Zerbi willingly signed Greenwood. It is only fair to question him about it and in my opinion the journalists should pressure him more.

De Zerbi willingly signed Greenwood. It is only fair to question him about it and in my opinion the journalists should pressure him more.

Of course he willingly signed him. It was Marseille’s chance to sign one of the best young players in Europe for well under his value.

Nobody said journalists can’t question him, but RDZ is going to answer it in the way that he thinks is best for him, Greenwood, and Marseille, though.

Can't say much about him, but let's look closer to home. Are our club captain and several of our current first teamers also at some level of moral bankruptcy? They seem to still follow Greenwood on social media, liking and interacting with all of his posts.
Yeah. I don't know. Tens of thousand Marseille's fans were probably cheering hard when he scored also.

I can understand why United fans are unhappy everytime Greenwood scores. We are the only "losers" the way this played out.

- Greenwood's career seems barely affected, he will keep playing and scoring
- The team he is seems happy, manager seems happy taking shots at United and rattling our fanbase
- Rival fans are glad an academy player destined for big things is no longer their problem(imagine same happening to Saka/Foden/TAA)
- Our only silver lining of sell on clause is dampened by the fact that Getafe are also getting a sizable cut
- Our replacement(Antony), is a alleged pos himself, while we paid 80M and 200k/week for him to be fidget spinning meme being mocked by the entire footballing world

No point in being salty. I'm so jaded nowadays, justice rarely seems to be served, and scum like Greenwood roam free, living their best life. It is what it is.
Go mate, make us feel good.

He asked you.
Young, dynamic, quick, don’t know which his strongest foot is, scores plenty of goals of all types, comes about at a football club once in a generation (life span of a generation harder to define), typically home grown through an academy. And could hold his own in any team in the world at his peak, a trajectory he was on.

His career has rightly stalled because of his appalling off field behaviour.

That defending was atrocious btw.
It is actually pretty funny. There's guaranteed to be quite a bit of overlap among posters who have derided the French league as a farmers league in recent years and those who are now praising Greenwood's one game in that very league to the skies.

If Mason ends up as one of the top scorers in French League, I can some big clubs coming for him in 2 years time for 50-60 million. Just wonder if United will come back for him then.

If Mason ends up as one of the top scorers in French League, I can some big clubs coming for him in 2 years time for 50-60 million. Just wonder if United will come back for him then.
Why the hell would we go back for him? Firstly on principle we won’t and secondly the PR nightmare isn’t going to end in 2 years even if he is the best player in the world.

No chance. It’s highly unlikely he ever plays for one of the biggest teams in Europe (such as Barcelona, Madrid, Bayern etc), or even England. Playing for United again will never happen. He could well become a top, top player, but these institutions won’t touch him, because it would cause too much damage to their brand.

@SilentWitness

Id argue some of the recent posts could fall foul of the op.

Any Greenwood thread descends into the same inane and repitive arguments. Might I suggest that this thread only gets opened on days when OM play?

Updated Rules for the thread New
Please see updated rules in OP.

When posting please remember that this is a thread about Greenwood who now plays for Marseille.

Posts considered to be off-topic will be deleted, and if a poster deliberately or consistently ignores these suggestions then warnings and/or threadbans may have to be considered.

Example of things that are off-topic for this thread:

- Lamenting his loss and/or wishing he still played for us.
- Downplaying or dismissing the severity of his actions by any means whatsoever, e.g. who are we to judge, he wasn’t convicted/must be innocent, his girlfriend forgave him, we don’t have the whole evidence.
- Whataboutisms relating to other club’s players. Naming of other team’s players whose names are suppressed by UK court order will result in a warning.

This is not an exhaustive list, so please use your common sense when posting.

Thanks.

Reactions: Wibble
Saw his first goal for them, that was the Greenwood I fell in love with.

Read this today in the mail:

Mail Sport understands that at least 30 per cent of any sell-on fee will head to Old Trafford

I was of the understanding it was 50%, now its lower? Is this because of the so called 20% to Getafe or is this something different?

I swear every time I read about the negotiations/contract details around Mason Greenwood we seem to be getting a worser deal.

I was of the understanding it was 50%, now its lower? Is this because of the so called 20% to Getafe or is this something different?

I swear every time I read about the negotiations/contract details around Mason Greenwood we seem to be getting a worser deal.
Mailsport understands means they’re pulling a figure out of their arse

Saw his first goal for them, that was the Greenwood I fell in love with.

Great goal, that. His running looks much more powerful now, absolutely rapid. The finish is trademark stuff as well.

People try to downplay his talent, pretending he wasn’t actually all that, but you see a goal like that, the way he hits it flat while running and I think “generational” fits.

I think we should get a windfall down the line, then at least some good comes out of this mess for us.

Hopefully just Mail Sport getting their sums wrong - if we have 50% and Getafe have 20% of that then its effectively 40%

But who knows what the actual fine print of each deal says - most press reporting is guesswork anyway

I stuck a £10 on him being Ligue Un top scorer before the season started. Assuming he can stay fit I think he hits 30+

I stuck a £10 on him being Ligue Un top scorer before the season started. Assuming he can stay fit I think he hits 30+
Looking back at the top scorers in league history: highly unlikely. Mbappé for example only did it once.

How can he score before the season starts? :confused:

Jamaica? Sounds like something his solicitor would have asked him

a few years back I laughed reading those click bait articles where some source inside the Jamaican FA would claim they were trying to get MG to commit to Jamaican NT. Oh how times have changed.