Mason Greenwood, Marseille Footballer | Read the thread rules in the OP before posting

Would much prefer the thread was locked in that case.

How do you exist in life? Must it always be curated to your own personal needs?

You want to celebrate a man kicking a ball and get cross when other point out the fact he’s an abuser. Own it. Just ignore those pointing it out to you.

I think some (me included) are determined to never let that happen. Go and Do it in the pub. Or handle being torn apart for doing so.

Every single time I see anyone discuss him here, I’ll chip in quickly.

If people were just posting goals and marvelling at the technique or whatever… fine. But every time he does something that none of us could imagine doing, and saying he will have a great career, or could have stayed here… I’ll remind them that he also did something else that none of us would ever imagine doing.

Go somewhere else to talk about him. Or suck it up.

I think some (you included) will never succeed as you want to literally censor speech, so why bother? You do know you're on a forum, so I'm just telling you as a matter of fact, not opinion, that your goal is genuinely, honestly, literally impossible.
Of course anything outside of the rules will be handled by the admins. And do forgive me if I am wrong, but you are saying that even if its within the forums rules, you (and some) still want to do that.

It's a decision that surely the Association has to make. Tuchel will be sacked eventually.
Yes, this is not a sporting decision, so it should be FA's decision (I expect/hope it is a big no). It should be up to Tuchel only if the FA first decides that Greenwood is eligible (which should never happen).

How do you exist in life? Must it always be curated to your own personal needs?

You want to celebrate a man kicking a ball and get cross when other point out the fact he’s an abuser. Own it. Just ignore those pointing it out to you.
You seem to have a real chip on your shoulder, so probably not worth discussing anything with you.

I think some (you included) will never succeed as you want to literally censor speech, so why bother? You do know you're on a forum, so I'm just telling you as a matter of fact, not opinion, that your goal is genuinely, honestly, literally impossible.
Of course anything outside of the rules will be handled by the admins. And do forgive me if I am wrong, but you are saying that even if its within the forums rules, you (and some) still want to do that.
He's talking about the disassociation there, not just the speech. But I'm guessing you knew that and are trying to deflect.

Also, you don't understand how a private forum works in regards to "speech".

How ironic. If nothing is ever done about it, then sure. Though apparently I'm in the minority and the majority are quite happy with the pattern endlessly repeating itself.
Well I'm glad you understand the irony, but then why are you still doing it? It's not going to change, you've been told that multiple times.

At this point, the issue is you and why you are really in this thread and not out there elsewhere in one of the many other safe spaces on the internet where folks are happy to gush when he scores a goal?

Hahahahahahaha. Censor free speech? I support free speech for those that want to talk about Greenwood. Never once have I said they shouldn’t.

I don’t even understand the last paragraph. What do you mean?

You seem to have a real chip on your shoulder, so probably not worth discussing anything with you.

I do have a chip on my shoulder regarding people posting in a space have an expectation that others have to leave their opinions at home.

Honestly, go all in. Buy a Greenwood shirt. Like his posts. Talk about his goals here. I fully support your desire and ability to do that.

But this thread will never be empty of contrary opinions on him, if people continue to say things like ‘I want him at our club’. Because that’s the point you will be reminded of what he did, and why folks don’t think he should be associated with our club.

It’s not censoring at all, though. Ironically, it’s actually the pro greenwood posters that want to censor this thread.

Wow, i too was unaware of this
It was a really, really terrible thing. And he‘s never shown even the slightest sign of regret for his actions. It baffled me back then, that all this never picked up steam outside of Germany. Having read quite a lot on the matter, as I used to love him as a player, left me with nothing but disgust for him.

Tuchel strikes me as the sort of personality who would entertain the idea, but as mentioned previously, the FA would never approve it.
He also strikes me as the sort of personality who may resign if the first tough decision he makes is blocked by FA or whoever above.

Only giving my personal preference. Not demanding for it to be locked of course.
And this discussion has been done to death. As the OP states, please stop discussing thread moderation - except if you have something new to add, in which case please post it in the Mod/Admin Help forum.

This also applies to @MJay and @zbcrow15. Final comments on this.

Reactions: moses
And this discussion has been done to death. As the OP states, please stop discussing thread moderation - except if you have something new to add, in which case please post it in the Mod/Admin Help forum.

This also applies to @MJay and @zbcrow15. Final comments on this.
These new mods are a different breed.

How do we prevent such tired discourse though? The whole:

'Oh I wish we kept him. If his girlfriend forgave him then...'

Though also, those who constantly have to ram down everyone's throats that he's not the nicest chap in the world.

Is this just how it is forever?
Yes, yes it is. It’ll never not be like this. Frankly I find it appalling that people can disassociate the man from the footballer

It was a really, really terrible thing. And he‘s never shown even the slightest sign of regret for his actions. It baffled me back then, that all this never picked up steam outside of Germany. Having read quite a lot on the matter, as I used to love him as a player, left me with nothing but disgust for him.
Not surprised and not surprised of your reaction to Tuchel either. I also don’t like ETH on a personal level as he seems to have no morals as evidenced by his backing of greenwood, Overmars and Promes. Bad judge of character

Not surprised and not surprised of your reaction to Tuchel either. I also don’t like ETH on a personal level as he seems to have no morals as evidenced by his backing of greenwood, Overmars and Promes. Bad judge of character
Yeah, it's clearly a black mark against him, in my opinion. Seems like he'd work with anyone as long as their football contribution is good.

Because women are just like men. Loads of them will look upon this situation like loads of men will - with general disinterest.

He was a dick. Well many of us are. Most of us grow up and learn. I think women realise this just as much as men.

"Watch the women vanish from your life" - there's the nonsense, as if they're all just little ladies who hold themselves to an identical and higher standard than us men. "Watch the women glaze over" is probably closer to the truth.
I, for one, would be mortified if someone ever compared Greenwood and I like that. I have never threatened rape. I have never beaten my partner. That you made a comparison willfully is concerning and paints a pretty grim picture.

How do we prevent such tired discourse though? The whole:

'Oh I wish we kept him. If his girlfriend forgave him then...'

Though also, those who constantly have to ram down everyone's throats that he's not the nicest chap in the world.

Is this just how it is forever?
Bro, it's not that hard to solve. Just ignore everyone who brings up his character. Or go visit 4chan. Discourse exists outside of RedCafe.

I, for one, would be mortified if someone ever compared Greenwood and I like that. I have never threatened rape. I have never beaten my partner. That you made a comparison willfully is concerning and paints a pretty grim picture.
Yeah weird thing to say. He can speak for himself but not me either. I was brought up knowing what was right and wrong.

And nobody can tell me that these things don’t matter for the atmosphere of the team. Sure, many players won’t care. But some will. And they will be pissed.
One of the reasons Tuchel failed with us was that he was completely blind to stuff like that. And I think ETH might be similar.

And nobody can tell me that these things don’t matter for the atmosphere of the team. Sure, many players won’t care. But some will. And they will be pissed.
One of the reasons Tuchel failed with us was that he was completely blind to stuff like that. And I think ETH might be similar.
Absolutely they matter to building squads and the club as a whole (women’s team, youth teams etc)

How is anyone censoring speech? The thread us open, and you are free to post as you wish. That is free speech.

I, and many others on here, are perfectly within our rights of free speech to criticise rapist apologist sentiment. It's all fair game. Free speech doesn't come without consequences.

How is anyone censoring speech? The thread us open, and you are free to post as you wish. That is free speech.

I, and many others on here, are perfectly within our rights of free speech to criticise rapist apologist sentiment. It's all fair game. Free speech doesn't come without consequences.
I wouldn't waste your time as that one, like all the others being disingenuous, won't last long.

Why would a major top team be in for him? He's still not even close to showing that he's ready for that since coming back to football. Baffles me that so many seem intent on exaggerating his talent when he's a terrible person that doesn't even play for us.

He's shown more than any of our attackers have since his return to football

In my a weaker league for context, playing for a coach that can coach attacking patterns. He’d be no different from anyone else on the right wing in an ETH team

We didn't have a semblance of high quality coaching in attack under Solskjaer either, but our attackers did have better individual displays overall. However, who's to say Greenwood wouldn't have been able to pull off what Rashford did in his first season under Ten Hag?

We didn't have a semblance of high quality coaching in attack under Solskjaer either, but our attackers did have better individual displays overall. However, who's to say Greenwood wouldn't have been able to pull off what Rashford did in his first season under Ten Hag?
I doubt it as he was always one that wasn’t good at following instructions. Also ole was pretty much “shoot on sight” and “enjoy yourselves”. Not exactly ETH mantra.
Regardless, we will never find out (rightfully) unless ETH manages Marseille.

I doubt it as he was always one that wasn’t good at following instructions. Also ole was pretty much “shoot on sight” and “enjoy yourselves”. Not exactly ETH mantra.
Regardless, we will never find out (rightfully) unless ETH manages Marseille.

We have one such winger-cum-Attacking midfielder in Garnacho, no? He appears to have license to shoot on sight and seldom links up well with Hojlund or whoever is at CF. Greenwood was similar for us but a much more accomplished finisher and dribbler. He was a more natural finisher than Rashford

We have one such winger-cum-Attacking midfielder in Garnacho, no? He appears to have license to shoot on sight and seldom links up well with Hojlund or whoever is at CF. Greenwood was similar for us but a much more accomplished finisher and dribbler. He was a more natural finisher than Rashford
Ah feck, not another deviant…